What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2000s' sci-fi & fantasy video game concept art books transported to the past

razer666L

One day, ROB goes back to either 1930s or 1950s with copies of some of 2000s' popular sci-fi and fantasy video game official concept art books and send them to either all bookstores or public libraries. From Halo, Mass Effect, Horizon Zero Dawn and Fallout; to Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Diablo and Final Fantasy. As for the concept art books that are sent to bookstores, ROB mind controlled the bookstore owners to have them sell the art books at reasonable prices.

How much would the concept art books influence not only science fiction and fantasy genres, but also society and media at either of those time periods? Especially when filmmakers, artists (drawing, writing etc), engineers and scientists get their hands on those art books?

Last edited:

Alias

Bean Daddy
Well the Fallout book could possibly result in boost in development of nuclear fission by various countries depending on the year in the 30's and if there's some accurate scientific info in the book that scientists can work with and that proves hey maybe these nuke things are possible. For the Halo one maybe result in an ATL automatic rifle happening earlier. Might get some really bad and rushed movies in the 30 or 50's but it makes the current and future audiences more accepting of sci-fi and fantasy tropes and ideas. Probably an explosion of books and comic books written by people inspired by these books.

Last edited:

Alias

Bean Daddy
What do you think would happen razer?

razer666L

What do you think would happen razer?
Similar to your post above. However, in regards to people writing books, comics and film scripts that are inspired by those concept art books, it's very likely their stories would be very different than from the games themselves. Especially since those artbooks don't give much context about the games' storyline.

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
John Steakley's Armor might benefit from all those Halo art covers.

Frazeta still win for sword and sandal art though. Those were some bitchin' art he drew.

razer666L

On the other hand, Mass Effect may become the main inspiration for most space opera movies*, TV series*, comics and novels.

*: Low budget most likely from what I remember about sci-fi movies and TV series from the 30s and 50s.

Empress 18

Cyborg Empress
I’m imagining Robert A. Heinlein being inspired to write the entire Halo series in novel format instead of the Starship Troopers novels. It’s actually awesome, and I would totally get behind a Halo series of cheesy 90 hard sci-fi action movies based on Heinlein’s alt Halo novels.

razer666L

I’m imagining Robert A. Heinlein being inspired to write the entire Halo series in novel format instead of the Starship Troopers novels. It’s actually awesome, and I would totally get behind a Halo series of cheesy 90 hard sci-fi action movies based on Heinlein’s alt Halo novels.
On the other hand, Gene Roddenberry could be inspired to write and then create a Mass Effect television series instead of Star Trek: The Original Series. A chessy sci-fi series where Shepard has to deal with pyjak infestation on board the Normandy or Ryder making his/her own weapon to kill a kett in all chessy 60s sci-fi style is something I would watch.

Empress 18

Cyborg Empress
On the other hand, Gene Roddenberry could be inspired to write and then create a Mass Effect television series instead of Star Trek: The Original Series. A chessy sci-fi series where Shepard has to deal with pyjak infestation on board the Normandy or Ryder making his/her own weapon to kill a kett in all chessy 60s sci-fi style is something I would watch.
On the other hand, a Halo book series written by Isaac Asimov would also be cool. No idea how well it’ll transfer over to the big screen, though.

Top Bottom