What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 US Midterm elections

Alias

Discuss, complain about the results of todays midterm elections here.

James Moylan (R) beats Judi Won Pat (D) to win Guam non-voting delegate position to the House. First Republican elected since 1990.

I predict the Republicans will win and end American democracy as we know it. You will start seeing insurgencies on both sides of the political spectrum arise in response to this. Anyone suggesting this is "business as usual" has most certainly NOT been paying attention...

Republicans are gaining seats in the House and Senate while the Democrats have picked up 2 Governorships from the Republicans. Republicans flipped Miami Dade county. Also results are still coming in, so political surprises are possible.

Looks like a run off election in Georgia. Republican Red Wave seems like a small splash or less outside of a few places like Florida.

Looks like a run off election in Georgia. Republican Red Wave seems like a small splash or less outside of a few places like Florida.
That's what I've seen, though I've seen some seriously insane numbers via the AP/Google map. As in, 55% of the vote was counted, and they all went to the Dem candidate. :unsure: EDIT: Though the last refresh had 66% of the votes, the Dem candidate still has the most votes.

Won't count the chickens until they hatch, but it might be only a tilt instead of a disparity this midterm.

Any updates so far ?
From what i´ve heard so far, the so-called Red Wave is at the moment just a trickle....

Any updates so far ?
From what i´ve heard so far, the so-called Red Wave is at the moment just a trickle....
From the look of things, it looks like the GOP only gained the house, but even then, that's looking to be a somewhat limited increase. The Dems gained seats in the Senate and Governor races. I shit you not.

From the look of things, it looks like the GOP only gained the house, but even then, that's looking to be a somewhat limited increase. The Dems gained seats in the Senate and Governor races. I shit you not.

Really ?! Wow, color me impressed.
Never thought they would gain seats in those races.
Wow.

I'm so glad my pessimistic ass was wrong

Are we having any up-to-date numbers ??

So, any decisions so far ?
Who has won the Midterms ?

Really ?! Wow, color me impressed.
Never thought they would gain seats in those races.
Wow.
If the Associated Press is accurate, yeah. At this point, they've gained 1 senatorial seat and two governor seats. Georgia is currently undergoing a runoff, though Warnock has a lead of .9, with the Libertarians being a spoiler.

This was quite frankly an immense "fuck you" to the Republican party. Presidents with approval ratings twice that of Biden have had their parties take an asswhipping in their first term midterms. With his being as low as they were, it should have been a slaughter. Instead, the Republicans made essentially no gains that weren't 100% guaranteed by the recent redistricting.

This was quite frankly an immense "fuck you" to the Republican party. Presidents with approval ratings twice that of Biden have had their parties take an asswhipping in their first term midterms. With his being as low as they were, it should have been a slaughter. Instead, the Republicans made essentially no gains that weren't 100% guaranteed by the recent redistricting.
It was, and at this point, it will exacerbate their persecution complex.

In addition, given that Russia's head of intelligence/military recently stated that they interfered with 2016's (and probably more) elections... you can figure the math out on that.

Last edited:
Imma laugh my ass off if the Democrats hold the senate. Just utterly destroy the dreams of the MAGA crowd.

Imma laugh my ass off if the Democrats hold the senate. Just utterly destroy the dreams of the MAGA crowd.
So far, it looks to be that way, with the House being a red ripple. The most surprising thing is that the Dems gained a governor seat this midterm. That's the most astounding thing.

So far, it looks to be that way, with the House being a red ripple. The most surprising thing is that the Dems gained a governor seat this midterm. That's the most astounding thing.
I like Josh Shapiro, he seems nice. Still a politician... but not nearly as bad as that Doug Mastriano douchebag

He noted there was "a strong rejection" of election denialism, political violence and voter intimidation. But he warned that, without a majority in the House, Democrats would be unable to codify abortion rights through legislation, a key priority for liberal voters.

Those are strong words out of Mr Biden.

I hope he realizes that if the Dems manage to retain both chambers and simply use said issues as fund raisers and don't actually follow through he or whoever Dem runs for President in 2024 will be crushed to paste either by Trump or Desantis right?

Those are strong words out of Mr Biden.

I hope he realizes that if the Dems manage to retain both chambers and simply use said issues as fund raisers and don't actually follow through he or whoever Dem runs for President in 2024 will be crushed to paste either by Trump or Desantis right?
I think DeSantis is most likely going to be our next president, Democrats have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to the White House

Back
Top Bottom