What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9-11....where were you?

Senmut

Author
Here we are, the anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. Do you recall where you were, when first you heard? What were you doing, that day?

I heard about it when I woke up, and realized I had left the radio on. At first, I wondered who was the bozo who'd flown into the tower. As time went on, I realized how much more serious it was. That day, I went up to the Washington town of Republic, where we installed a satellite receiver dish. It was muted; no one was talking about much else.

You all?

Last edited:
I was at home - we were watching it on TV.

I remember someone saying "there are no words" as the towers imploded.

To me it didn't seem real, emotionally. It was too much like something that would happen in a movie. Especially that it was in New York.

At home sick, watching TV on the couch. I do recall my immediate reaction was "Bush actually went and did it!" because yes, my initial (and somewhat illness/medication influenced) reaction was to assume Bush had the Towers destroyed for political purposes.

And no, I don't with a clearer head think he did.

At home watching TV. After few hours was sick and tired of it and wished they'd resumed the regular schedule.

At home sick, watching TV on the couch. I do recall my immediate reaction was "Bush actually went and did it!" because yes, my initial (and somewhat illness/medication influenced) reaction was to assume Bush had the Towers destroyed for political purposes.

And no, I don't with a clearer head think he did.

There are probably still people who do. The clarify of their heads is a matter on which I decline to comment.

I was at home at that time, writing CV´s for a new job. After writing some, i turned on the TV, in wich the TV Station has just started to report that a Airplane has crashed into one of the towers.
I continued to watch. Some times later, the second Plane crashed into the other Tower. From this point on i started to belive that this wasn´t an accident. Later they reported that also a Plane has crashed into the Pentagon.

Back
Top Bottom