What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A world of magic - what would happen if Nanoha magic was real, and was present at the start of humanity?

Accelerator

Author
Ok. So let me make a rundown:

Linker core: immaterial, intangible organ that absorbs ambient mana and lets the mage use it. Everyone has it, although it can be weak or strong, depending on genetics and environments, just like muscles.

mana: Basically, magical energy that allows for magical effects. The bigger the effect, the more mana is needed. Think of it, like electricity.

Spells: Basically? Usage of mana to do work. At the most basic level, think of it like ki or aura from rwby. Enhanced strength, speed, durability, and damage. But at higher levels, you need some way of expressing this. This can be done in many ways. Geometric shapes, singing, mathematics, or even body movements. As long as it has a mathematical component, one can use it.

The effects that magic can create include:

Telekinesis
magical shields and forcefields
golems and automata
creation of beings such as familiars (animal-people with superior physical stats, and make up for the weakness of the mage)
healing (greater focus on sterilization, staunching bleeding and repair of injuries, instead of healing diseases)
Basic energy manipulation (holograms, moving and generating heat and light, firing beams)
anti-gravity

Linker core strength is partially genetic, and is heavily influenced by the mother. The increase is best obtained by training during youth, and increases slow down when exercising after 20.

It is discovered, right after the ice ages end, while mankind were still hunter-gatherers

That... would cause ripples like you wouldn't believe. Hell, it wouldn't be surprising that most of humanity would become -for the longest time- a literal slave class to their magical overlords. Especially given the fact that magic can do some pretty insane shit in Nanoha-verse. We're talking shit that isn't far off from the Wave Motion Gun.

And now you make me picture Villani as a badass combat mage lording it over the country. Thank you for this picture I would have very well lived without, really, thank you.

The Spider Mage does have a nice ring to it, though. As for the relative power of countries in this world:

reqedk7difjz.png

If I remember right, Nanoha's adopted sister after the original series.
No, that's Vivio. Cédric Villani is one of the best mathematicians in the world, who is now a MP in France, wears huge spider brooches, starts his autobiography with him in the subway reading, I thin, the Black Butler manga and is a complete alien when you see the guy. Now you people made him a mage...
cedric-villani-martillac.png
You fools, you destroyed us all!

No, that's Vivio. Cédric Villani is one of the best mathematicians in the world, who is now a MP in France, wears huge spider brooches, starts his autobiography with him in the subway reading, I thin, the Black Butler manga and is a complete alien when you see the guy. Now you people made him a mage...
Yes. But remember, this is starting from scratch.

Can we have Stephan Hawking flying around in his wheelchair launching spells at people?

Back
Top Bottom