What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding up the Cost of Our(thankfully, Their) Never-Ending Wars

Kinetic

Vivere est militare!
The bottom line, so far: According to the Costs of War Project, we're staring at a $5.4 trillion tab for the post-9/11 wars, through September 30, 2020, the final day of the current fiscal year.

estimate-of-cost-of-war-on-terror_1150.jpg
summary-of-war-related-spending_800.jpg

That's an average of $23.7 billion monthly for the past 228 months.

Something to keep in mind the next time the Pentagon predicts a war is going to cost $2 billion a month.

P.S.
IMG_20191203_214717.jpg

The bottom line, so far: According to the Costs of War Project, we're staring at a $5.4 trillion tab for the post-9/11 wars, through September 30, 2020, the final day of the current fiscal year.

View attachment 2893
View attachment 2894

That's an average of $23.7 billion monthly for the past 228 months.

Something to keep in mind the next time the Pentagon predicts a war is going to cost $2 billion a month.

P.S.
View attachment 2895

How the fuck is America not in debt?

Holy fuck....that is just bonkers.
It gets better. There's one moron on certain board who once told me that he'd prefer to live even as a poor in States than anywhere else.

Sadly, this video wasn't yet made back then.

"COMMIERUSSIANASSETINCELWHITESUPREMACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one"

Jk we're not all like Hillary Clinton here. XD

We are. 17 trillion dollars in debt.
Weeeell.... it's a bit more now, like 22 trillion. But who's counting, right? ;)

And now the recent "don't worry, repo market is fine, but anyway we'll be printing $60 bln each month for at least the next 6 months... nothing to see here..." (y)

Is anyone getting really concerned about how the entire world seems to be negotiating with a gun to it's own head?

Is anyone getting really concerned about how the entire world seems to be negotiating with a gun to it's own head?

You mean like it had been doing since forever?

Just because we have some cases hitting the news more often it has always been so.

You mean like it had been doing since forever?

Just because we have some cases hitting the news more often it has always been so.
Nah, I mean negotiation, not war.

Like, the US and China keep threatening to crash the others economy (for the two months it will take before they remake them, but still).

Pakistan and Turkey are disobeying Washington for a while now, because if they collapse US geopolitical ambitions will be hit.

And now even India is doing stupid things like picking fights with all of our neighbours.

Wth happened to the sane, Pre 2008 world?

Nah, I mean negotiation, not war.
Bush coming to Chirac talking about Gog and Mogog is also a litmus test of everything else, though.

Like, the US and China keep threatening to crash the others economy (for the two months it will take before they remake them, but still). Pakistan and Turkey are disobeying Washington for a while now, because if they collapse US geopolitical ambitions will be hit.
Wait, so the implication being that when Fukuyamists proclaimed the End of History as everyone should just obey the neoliberal world order (i.e. Washingston) forever, that was 'sane', rather the new sole hegemon having a bit of a wank?

All that's happened is that history refused to be killed.

Wait, so the implication being that when Fukuyamists proclaimed the End of History as everyone should just obey the neoliberal world order (i.e. Washingston) forever, that was 'sane', rather the new sole hegemon having a bit of a wank?

Like with every empire before the US', yep.

Bush coming to Chirac talking about Gog and Mogog is also a litmus test of everything else, though.

Afaik, the US got disobeyed by it's own vassals a lot before 2008. It's just that it never came down to Every single Great Power going "alright, do as I want or I'll kill myself".

It is in extremist insanity like this that thugs like Trump and Erdogan, and manipulators like Putin and Modi thrive.

Afaik, the US got disobeyed by it's own vassals a lot before 2008. It's just that it never came down to Every single Great Power going "alright, do as I want or I'll kill myself".

It is in extremist insanity like this that thugs like Trump and Erdogan, and manipulators like Putin and Modi thrive.
Once again, it's the fate of every empire to collapse under the weight of its own arrogance. And given how many civilian deaths were caused by the US in its wars, it's quite arguable that this is better than the US keeping its hegemonic status. The pre-2008 era wasn't sane or acceptable in any case, and I fear only people like you enjoyed the status of vassal to that kind of empire.

Bah, we all lived through the situation when the world was saved from nuclear apocalypse by Michael Jackson :ROFLMAO:

Once again, it's the fate of every empire to collapse under the weight of its own arrogance. And given how many civilian deaths were caused by the US in its wars, it's quite arguable that this is better than the US keeping its hegemonic status. The pre-2008 era wasn't sane or acceptable in any case, and I fear only people like you enjoyed the status of vassal to that kind of empire.
Me? I'm Indian. Worry about your Anglo saxon cousins. As well as the Japanese and Koreans. The EU and China respectively are going to bend them in 15 years if the US recedes. Followed by China taking over for good.

And as wel all know, all changes in regime, national or international, brings about the type of chaos we would do better to avoid.

So I'm all for keeping this transfer peaceful and somewhat dignified, rather than the horrific farce it is turning into.

Me? I'm Indian. Worry about your Anglo saxon cousins. As well as the Japanese and Koreans. The EU and China respectively are going to bend them in 15 years if the US recedes. Followed by China taking over for good.

And as wel all know, all changes in regime, national or international, brings about the type of chaos we would do better to avoid.

So I'm all for keeping this transfer peaceful and somewhat dignified, rather than the horrific farce it is turning into.
So, yeah, I know who you are from back on SB, and you still reinforce what I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom