What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Entry with a Bang

I'd be okay with Patlabor. We do get some mechs and good high tech. Even some proto-AI, IIRC.

If only because I'm more familiar with Patlabor... >_>

Pity, I was hoping for Full Metal Panic!, if only to see the collective Inner Sphere's WTF over the Lambda Drive.

Potential Universes to go into BT:
  • Sane early 21th century Earth:
    Just like our world, but sane...
  • Clancy Earth:
    Well, exactly like last time...
  • Patlabor Earth:
    At least some sort of mechs avaiablefor the defense from the beginning
  • The Expanse:
    High tech solar system with lots of ships going fast. But without the protomolecule mucking things up.
  • Growing Horizons:
    My universe that developed out of On the Shoulders of Giants and Seeing Further. We'd get a different form of FTL, friendly Aliens in the solar system and the Grantville Cluster and AIs! Might have some evil aliens as well, and certainly at least a dozen planets where Little Boy has destroyed the entire biosphere. That might be a bad thing to get out of the Grantville Cluster at least... This one is of course the one I know most about, since its mine... >_>
I might offer others...

Well im down for whatever. I would prefer the Clancyverse. Aliens arent really a thing in BT after all.
Eh, I would be for a less screwed up Children of a Dead Earth though...

No, that would be problematic for us given the shear crazy CG has...
Eh not really. Most knighmare frames would blow up to an AC2 plus their range isnt any better than BT tabletop nevermind an"realistic" range. The inly real OCP would be the float systems. And frankly a dropships is better than any airship. And thats ignoring how BT armor is almost certainly superior.

Eh not really. Most knighmare frames would blow up to an AC2 plus their range isnt any better than BT tabletop nevermind an"realistic" range. The inly real OCP would be the float systems. And frankly a dropships is better than any airship. And thats ignoring how BT armor is almost certainly superior.
No, that only lasts as long before their 'fuck you' beam weapons come into the picture. Period.

One problem though. Unless Sakuradite exists elsewhere in the Granstville cluster or BT universe proper those Knightmare frames are limited resources.

I would probably go with 2 4 and 5. 2 since it's widely known and most people who read the last thing know what to e\xpect in theory. 4 is well really popular lately and Expanse was good as long as we don't have Prtolomolecule silliness so let's see how Mars will crap they pants seeing all universe full of humans. And 5 well it's aliens. In Battletech with AI share nop of some characters in BT would be glorious........ and no me wishing to see Evil Phone Company being crippled by AI is just a coincidence.

Anyway I'm curious as well about number 3 because after short checking it looks quite Gundam like so can you say a bit more about it?

The Patlabor universe is one where those two legged machines were originally developed during the 70s IIRC, to work as construction and transport vehicles. They then were abused to commit crimes and used in war.

That is more or less what I am aware of with the universe... >_>

It is also somewhat obscure.

What other accessible genre setting is there? One with some improbable tech that nonetheless is less than BT's Primitive Tech level?

Spy movies?

How good are Labors against BT-mech anyway? I l know labors are kinda finicky with armour made of basically super thick riot shield material. A labor would be somewhat stronger (since all the models I looked up could lift a maximum of nearly half their own weight to a bit over half).

Wonder how a labor/mech hybrid would perform.

Armor wise the Labors are using FRP as armor with a carbon fiber Skeleton.

And I am interested in what other setting there could be to use. One that is less advanced than BT primitive...

For the most part setting 4 and 5 are not very useful on the ground, while having something of an advantage in space.

The Expanse has massive use of a similar drive system to BT in space and good experience with space combat.

Growing Horizons/Seeing Further has slower STL, but a different, slightly faster overall FTL, less powerful weapons, but AI and aliens...

Ech I wouldn't say that Expanse is not useful on the ground. Yes, theyr power armours are nowhere near Inner Sphere Elementals (Clan ones as far as I can see could literally play football with Expanse marines heads) but they can quite easily upgrade their land stuff to be well comparable. Not mentioning that Expanse has the bonus of known and well-established cast in form of Rocinante

Ech I wouldn't say that Expanse is not useful on the ground. Yes, theyr power armours are nowhere near Inner Sphere Elementals (Clan ones as far as I can see could literally play football with Expanse marines heads) but they can quite easily upgrade their land stuff to be well comparable. Not mentioning that Expanse has the bonus of known and well-established cast in form of Rocinante
It would be without the Protomolecule.

Back
Top Bottom