What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Trump Supporters Racist?

Yes. How much varies, but from openly-racist, to not-quite-as-open but cheers on people who are/uses a lot of dogwhistles, to "being racist is absolutely not a significant minus in my eyes when decided what I want. Open racism is worth a small tax break- which I may or may not even get because it only kicks in past a level I'm not even at!".

Sufficient indifference to racism is not only indistinguishable from racism, but it is racism, because it involves supporting things aimed to harm various groups based on perceived racial lines in a systematic fashion.

better question: Are any trump supporters not racist? Those 63 million are lost to us lets focus on the voters who are not actively engaged in atacking fellow americans

Yes, but it's important to know that there are degrees of racism. Conservatives seem have a harder time with this concept than liberals do.

Yes, but it's important to know that there are degrees of racism. Conservatives seem have a harder time with this concept than liberals do.
I'd say its the other way around a conservative sees it as if I'm a little bit racist why stop their because that means I am a bad person and I don't want to be a bad person so I'Il help remove everyone who makes me think I'm bad

I'd say its the other way around a conservative sees it as if I'm a little bit racist why stop their because that means I am a bad person and I don't want to be a bad person so I'Il help remove everyone who makes me think I'm bad

If you are willing to dive off the deep end, you were never that little racist to begin with.

1350.png

It is interesting how people take a criticism- "That particular thing you said had racist implications," or "that policy you support hurts people on racially biased lines, you probably shouldn't support it," and go to 'you are condemning my whole being and putting me in the binary category of 'racist'.'

Now, some just stop at 'you're therefore insulting me, therefore this argument is over.' -basically they don't want to examine their biases/assumptions- While others go, "If you're going to criticize me at all, I might as well ---!". These people were always super-racist and just waiting for a climate where either it's accepted or they figure it doesn't matter if they go full bore.

If you are willing to dive off the deep end, you were never that little racist to begin with.

1350.png

It is interesting how people take a criticism- "That particular thing you said had racist implications," or "that policy you support hurts people on racially biased lines, you probably shouldn't support it," and go to 'you are condemning my whole being and putting me in the binary category of 'racist'.'

Now, some just stop at 'you're therefore insulting me, therefore this argument is over.' -basically they don't want to examine their biases/assumptions- While others go, "If you're going to criticize me at all, I might as well ---!". These people were always super-racist and just waiting for a climate where either it's accepted or they figure it doesn't matter if they go full bore.
This is how lynching incidents slowed downed without jailing a generation, we shunned them for the behavior and they changed it because what was once good family fun was then seen-as "problematic" at large. Racism didn't go away they just got scared. Sure there are a lot less but we'll likely never truly be free of this problem but with effort it will be pushed back from our public spaces if we don't give in

This is how lynching incidents slowed downed without jailing a generation, we shunned them for the behavior and they changed it because what was once good family fun was then seen-as "problematic" at large. Racism didn't go away they just got scared. Sure there are a lot less but we'll likely never truly be free of this problem but with effort it will be pushed back from our public spaces if we don't give in
You don't beat Hydra by cutting off one head. To defeat this evil, you need to pull it out root and stem.

A significant portion? Yeah. He ran on racism as one of his tenets. Others are (well, were) just desperate for an outsider to shake the system and others were just flat out fooled by the smoke and mirrrors (A.K.A. mister bankrupcies is a good administrator).

If they still openly and vocally support Trump without giving a second thought to anyone else?
Yep. 100%

He ran on racism as one of his tenets.
Once again, nationality is not race, and xenophobia is not racism. Wanting a hard border and using punitive deterrence to enforce it, which is the actual policy position taken, is not actually racist, and doesn't have to be xenophobic. It fundamentally can't be because it concerns itself with literal sides of a physical, geographic line.

Are you sectarian lunatics incapable of comprehending that bigotry has subdivisions beyond your buzzwords? Because this constant refusal to shut up about race when it isn't actually the issue at hand is pissing me off. Look at the actual platform and statements. Constantly about where people are from, not their ethnicity.

Race doesn't actually matter to what is being said and done. Lily-white people exist all over the place in "Hispanic" regions because they still have eugenics-obsessed grandmas matchmaking their way to white grandchildren, and they're told to fuck off just like everyone else crossing the line.

If they still openly and vocally support Trump without giving a second thought to anyone else?
Yep. 100%
So we're ignoring single-issue voters exist, and the unrelenting identitarian nonsense the Democrats are spouting at increasing frequency? Or support of the policies under very different reasoning from Trump? Or the fact the economy's kept improving under his administration? Can you point to anything about his domestic policy that's racist?

Also, being a vicious ass about border control can have nothing to do with race, it just means you're a vicious ass about a particular section of law enforcement. Punitive deterrence was literally the start of criminal punishment and still features in the fines of defamation lawsuits as an explicit addition to the direct damages.

Yeah...the Mexican immigrant rant was "...they'll send people with problems, they'll send rapists, etc etc" and when asked in an interview with CNN he doubled down on it and went on about all the world sending their dregs to America with such certainty it sounds quite racist to me. So yeah, I imagine his supporters would be racist too.

But hey, what do I know, I'm only a dirty mudslim led by Pighammed according to Rakdos, that shining example of a poster at SB.

Yeah, gonna come to 'Murica to eff white people up!

*Shrugs*

Last edited:
Some are. A lot are. Most are in fact. I think people assume when someone says 'rascist" they assume someone so hateful as to be unable to be civil to someone with a different skin color. I think youd find more than a few in Trumps camp but some in the Dems as well, but those foam at the mouth racists are rare. Mostly you just have people who are willing to screw others to help themselves that the ones being screwed are a different color is an aside rather than the point. Or at least that's what I think. Im Facebook friends and a former coworker with a Trump supporter. And she is almost a sterotype. Down with Hillary. Libtards drool. Go back to your own country if you don't like ours. Super pro Police. But she is also super supportive of LBGTQ stuff and Ive never seen her bag on black people. So:confused: make of that what you will.

Once again, nationality is not race, and xenophobia is not racism. Wanting a hard border and using punitive deterrence to enforce it, which is the actual policy position taken, is not actually racist, and doesn't have to be xenophobic. It fundamentally can't be because it concerns itself with literal sides of a physical, geographic line.

Are you sectarian lunatics incapable of comprehending that bigotry has subdivisions beyond your buzzwords? Because this constant refusal to shut up about race when it isn't actually the issue at hand is pissing me off. Look at the actual platform and statements. Constantly about where people are from, not their ethnicity.

Race doesn't actually matter to what is being said and done. Lily-white people exist all over the place in "Hispanic" regions because they still have eugenics-obsessed grandmas matchmaking their way to white grandchildren, and they're told to fuck off just like everyone else crossing the line.

So we're ignoring single-issue voters exist, and the unrelenting identitarian nonsense the Democrats are spouting at increasing frequency? Or support of the policies under very different reasoning from Trump? Or the fact the economy's kept improving under his administration? Can you point to anything about his domestic policy that's racist?

Also, being a vicious ass about border control can have nothing to do with race, it just means you're a vicious ass about a particular section of law enforcement. Punitive deterrence was literally the start of criminal punishment and still features in the fines of defamation lawsuits as an explicit addition to the direct damages.

If you want to get technical race isn't a real construct, so let's not get anal about this.

"Real construct" sounds suspiciously oxymoronic to my retinas...

I'd divide racism into three types:

1. Soft racism, stereotypes, thinking blacks are more likely to be criminals or do bad things that are factoring those reasons to race, rather then the fact white people have fucked over black people throughout history. I'd say people that think this due to reading biased shit and being too dumb to fact check or think are a lot of the people in this group. Not necessarily bad but usually dumb and ignorant. "Centrists" in the US would be this. Education can help these people and changing the discourse.

2. Hard racism. People that actively dislike black people based simply on the colour of their skin and are too rigid in thinking to change it. Legitimate assholes, the types that'd disown family members for having a black GF/BF. Trump is in this category. These people are dicks, best ignored and shunned by society.

3. Active Racists. Ok, these guys are actually evil, so people that devote themselves and go out of their to fucking with black people and hurting them. A mild case of this would be a racist businessman who enjoyed firing black people and intentionally did...a more extreme one would be Dylan Roof, someone who mass murdered people because they were black. These people are actual psychopaths and I'd support licking them up and throwing away the key, as they hurt other people for fun. ... My opinion would be 1 are the people you need to educate and make aware of these issues through debate, as they often help 2 through that. My parents for example are conservative types, but I did make them aware of the racism in the US and they were disgusted by it after seeing how nasty 2 could be. So I believe 1 can be changed and through that 2 and 3 lose power. Liberals HAVE won on some issues in the pas and that does imply things can be somewhat improved.

I think it is safe to say that, of the set of Trump supporters, some are racist and some are not?

EDIT: It is obvious that racism plays some role in Trump's support. However, there has also been an equally obvious attempt to explain Trump's support as being 100% because of racism. This is because a) it is politically effective in rallying support against Trump from the Dem base and b) allows people to avoid looking at other factors (economic, foreign policy), which the political establishment do not want to address.

Last edited:

Remind me again how he said Mexico was sending rapist and murders?

Remind me again how he said Mexico was sending rapist and murders?

This does not affect Morphile's point at all.

What Trump said is that the dregs are coming to the US. This is probably not true, but it is in no way racist. It is not saying that Mexicans (which is not a race, but whatever) are rapists and murderers because of their ucky Mexicanness, but that a lot of the ones coming to the US are.

Anyway, "all Trump supporters are racists" is clearly false. Black Trump supporters are a small minority, but they do exist and they do not think that they are genetically inferior.

Back
Top Bottom