What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats?

I could go on and on about how much I loved the musical.

and how I've seen the film twice and will be seeing it for a third time on christmas eve.

but I can't describe how thoroughly this film makes me just laugh and smile and sing and dance. this film makes me happy in a way few films can and makes me feel so fucking alive. gaaah I just love it,.

So while clearly you really like the film, if you had been in charge of making it, would you have done anything differently?

So while clearly you really like the film, if you had been in charge of making it, would you have done anything differently?

1.Mr mistofelees will be sung by rum tug tugger. Thats the biggest one and my only flaw.

Mr mistofelees in the musical is sung by rum tug tugger and has maaaaajor gay vibes like as in id assume they were gay if I first heard the song.

2. As funny as she is Rebel wilson did not do a great job of old gumbie cat.

3. Taylor Swift is underutilized. She in this musical showed off that she could easily pull off a musical as the lead.

4. The chorus of rum tug tugger is just okay. I mean it has a seeeexy bass running through it so otherwise its fantastic.

Otherwise nothing.

1.Mr mistofelees will be sung by rum tug tugger. Thats the biggest one and my only flaw.

Mr mistofelees in the musical is sung by rum tug tugger and has maaaaajor gay vibes like as in id assume they were gay if I first heard the song.
Yeah, and gets shouted down as Homophobic by people not you, tarring the already awful image of the film even further.

Yeah, and gets shouted down as Homophobic by people not you, tarring the already awful image of the film even further.

really? cuz them being gay is one of the biggest things I know about the fandom. its probably the only thing I really know about the fandom.

that Rum tug tugger and Mistofelees are seen as gay.

really? cuz them being gay is one of the biggest things I know about the fandom. its probably the only thing I really know about the fandom.

that Rum tug tugger and Mistofelees are seen as gay.
It won't prevent Twitter mob and Sufficiently Woke from shouting "Gay Code!"

It won't prevent Twitter mob and Sufficiently Woke from shouting "Gay Code!"

I mean yeah taht is kinda annoying but I wouldn't make it gay coded. Id make it pretty blatant.

what do you take me for a fool?

And no offense, but I think you would be labeled as 'internalized homophobe' by those people.

Oh um this is awkward.

um Im one of those people.

I uh am quite active on twitter

I got in trouble on SB for using the exact same terms. (One of my infractions was for calling Cairon a Uncle Tom)

Oh um this is awkward.

um Im one of those people.

I uh am quite active on twitter

I got in trouble on SB for using the exact same terms. (One of my infractions was for calling Cairon a Uncle Tom)
The fact that you are not being attacked is amazing but also confirms my thought that Twitter is very effective at creating frog ponds.

The fact that you are not being attacked is amazing but also confirms my thought that Twitter is very effective at creating frog ponds.

Im going need you to translate that as I have no idea what the hell a frog pond is.

Safe space+echo chamber. Got the word from the Chinese proverb: "A frog in a well.", meaning a very narrow POV and knowledge.

ah the former is fine the second less so but thanks.

I saw it. Lindsay Ellis reccing it gave me the push.

It was mediocre, and campy, and unlike anything I have ever seen before. It was weird and flawed, but it was a lot better than the trailer. I wish the theatre had subtitles though, because the names and singing got blurred together and hard to make out due to sheer speed of the pacing.

if anyone cares before it left my theater I saw it 15 times.

I saw it. Lindsay Ellis reccing it gave me the push.

It was mediocre, and campy, and unlike anything I have ever seen before. It was weird and flawed, but it was a lot better than the trailer. I wish the theatre had subtitles though, because the names and singing got blurred together and hard to make out due to sheer speed of the pacing.

The speed is something I forgot about when I first saw it the thing is 2hrs long plus trailers but it does not feel like it.

it feels like its maybe an hour. by the times Taylor swift is on screen the movie is almost over.

Much much worse.

I like cats I know but still that looks terrible.

main reason is Cats is horrifying to many but for those of us that like it or dont mind it. It at least works because its blended in well.

this looks like someone put eyes and mouth over the model

So it doesn't look horrifying it just looks lazy.

The original love it or hate it does look like someone put work into it.

Theres of course argument by those that hate it of "DEAR GODS WHY DID YOU DO THIS THING"

but eh oh well.

Last edited:
Fuck it here is a full video of the CGI in motion

10 minutes of full motion.

again you can argue about the intent.

but theres at least some like "Oh okay yeah taht makes sense"

They have this in Indonesia instead of Jojo Rabbit.

They have this in Indonesia instead of Jojo Rabbit.

Im jealous it left here and I have to wait till april to get it on blu ray.

until then I shall see if its possbile to suffer overplay (as of now NOPE)

Back
Top Bottom