What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge: design a motocycle battalion that is viable in modern combat

HeavyArmor

Trust me, I'm a Tech-Priest
Author
A thought I suddenly came out and are quite curious...

Can a battalion-size military formation, which is primary motocycle riders be of viable use in a modern military structure, and not just limited niche role, but also present certain amounts ultility and general purpose?

For this challenge, you were given a "blank sheet" force of 600 men and women.

You are to create the organizational structure, equipment, TO&E, and doctrine for this force. And also state how to utilize this battalion in the most optimal capacity (what kind of role and/or theater you intend for this force to fight on, how best to work with other conventional friendly units).

The restriction is that at least 65% of the force must be motocycle riders, but the rest can be driving Armored Fighting Vehicles, Fast Support Trucks, and/or other vehicles, providing all sorts of support role.

Bonus if you can get them a Kamen Rider vibe......

So does everyone have to have a motor bike or can some of them not get motor bikes.

Read the OP:
The restriction is that at least 65% of the force must be motocycle riders, but the rest can be driving Armored Fighting Vehicles, Fast Support Trucks, and/or other vehicles, providing all sorts of support role.

Can I use the largest tires imaginable to build 20 tonnes armoured motorcycles?
If they can be human driven, then yes.

Modern winged hussars?
78IdcLe.jpg

Hm, they would probably used as a recon unit... Each platoon would be basically recon infantry mounted on militarized motorcycles. Probably with extended fuel tanks, easier to maintain, etc. Sidecars used as necessary... You'll have to disperse some RRs among these guys to make sure that they have some AT/AHP (Anti-Hardpoint) capability, but that is doable. The hard part is if you are forced to go stupid and force them to have ATGM launchers of the TOW series size... you could use a sidecar modified to haul it in pieces but that'll require setup time. If you want to go ATGM, then something like the Javelin would be the biggest you can get.

Back
Top Bottom