What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrono trigger - Let's talk about it.

I've gone through all of them on Youtube. I only played the game in recent years (past 5 or so?), and I just didn't have the time to replay for every single ending.

That said, it is quite the amazing game, with all the different possible endings. Big fan.

Recently picked up I am Setsuna, which is supposedly similar to it in gameplay. Looking forward to playing that when I have the time.

I've gone through all of them on Youtube. I only played the game in recent years (past 5 or so?), and I just didn't have the time to replay for every single ending.

That said, it is quite the amazing game, with all the different possible endings. Big fan.

Recently picked up I am Setsuna, which is supposedly similar to it in gameplay. Looking forward to playing that when I have the time.
Yippee. A fellow fan.

Did you like zeal?

So, we have Chrono (I will roughly type him as Magus), Marle (Cleric), Lucca (Artificer), Frog (Paladin), Robo (Fighter, but with advanced racial abilities), Ayla (Monk), and Magus (Mystics are probably wizards, but I will type him as Sorcerer).

Party seems to be lacking a proper face for more than basic diplomacy, and proper thieving abilities. Otherwise things are mostly balanced.

So, we have Chrono (I will roughly type him as Magus), Marle (Cleric), Lucca (Artificer), Frog (Paladin), Robo (Fighter, but with advanced racial abilities), Ayla (Monk), and Magus (Mystics are probably wizards, but I will type him as Sorcerer).

Party seems to be lacking a proper face for more than basic diplomacy, and proper thieving abilities. Otherwise things are mostly balanced.
Chrono is Magus but Magus is not Magus wot.

Besides, Chrono is clearly multiclass Kensai/Mage.

Chrono Chross is just a shittier Breath of Fire IV with all the worst parts of Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger is a perfected lightning in a bottle that, like Ghostbusters or the Blues Brothers, just doesn't get captured again even if you collect all the same talents again.

Chrono Trigger has a few and very archetypical characters, but never boring. Less characters means that each of them get the chance to be developed and have meaningful interweaving story arcs instead of a parade of boring one-note stereotypes. It's also interesting how Chrono Trigger doesn't force a romance plot and is all the better for it. In narrative, the implied is often far more powerful than the explicit.

Chrono.png

There's a lot to respect about a bunch of teenagers* who, without any sort of prophecy or ancient legacy or mysterious mentor, just decided on their own - however they might do it - they're gonna save the world.

*and a frog. And a robot. And an elf. And Ayla.

Last edited:

Chrono Chross is just a shittier Breath of Fire IV with all the worst parts of Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger is a perfected lightning in a bottle that, like Ghostbusters or the Blues Brothers, just doesn't get captured again even if you collect all the same talents again.

Chrono Trigger has a few and very archetypical characters, but never boring. Less characters means that each of them get the chance to be developed and have meaningful interweaving story arcs instead of a parade of boring one-note stereotypes. It's also interesting how Chrono Trigger doesn't force a romance plot and is all the better for it. In narrative, the implied is often far more powerful than the explicit.

Chrono.png

There's a lot to respect about a bunch of teenagers* who, without any sort of prophecy or ancient legacy or mysterious mentor, just decided on their own - however they might do it - they're gonna save the world.

Chrono What? We all know that there was only Chrono Trigger and there was never a continuation. There was never Chrono Cross. It was a strange worldwide delusion.;):LOL:

Chrono.png

More than just that, they watched an alien god-monster destroy an earth so far more advanced and powerful than their own, and said "fuck that, we're gonna stop him". They looked at the despair of the future, a humanity that didn't even remember the concept of "healthy" and then beat the timeline until it did what they wanted.

They also get points for trying the "go back in time and shank him when he's a baby" plan, even if it was based on incorrect information.

Back
Top Bottom