What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could a US-China war finally break the current hierarchy?

Or not getting their lattes at Starbucks. One can only endure so much hardship and deprivation!
Seriously, if Xi's regime were to fall, what do you think would replace it?
Of course moderate democratic government composed from intellectual opposed to the uneducated peasant "elites" young students who will immidiately enact liberalisation and privatisation reforms, transforming China to the modern, democratic and free capitallist state!

In more serious matter, chinese internal politics are composed from two main ideological lines - ying pai and moderates - both are nationalists. First one are thesoe who would like to expand China with plowing everyone with the threads of their tanks, and the second are these who actually have power now, more or less.

Make no mistake, in China you do not have some idiots who would like to willingly sell and partition their country, nor some hard core pesudo communists as sometimes portrayed. Modern China is more like nationalistic corporation rather than your typical European state. And all they think is how they should place themselves in the best place globally with the minimal effort achieving maximum profits, simultanously planning for future and making contingency plans. Rational thinking and goal oriented planning which thanks to the specific make up of the political hierarchy, power distribution and hunting and using oppurtunities have made in a short time China the power it is. And they are growing.

Don't worry, they will welcome us with flowers and chocolate.

Of course they will. What people on this earth doesn't love the idea of being deprived of their national independence and put under a colonial administration?

Yeah, at this point I'm trying to decide whether we are being trolled, or are seeing an example of Poe's Law in action, as applied to Neocons.

Of course they will. What people on this earth doesn't love the idea of being deprived of their national independence and put under a colonial administration?

Yeah, at this point I'm trying to decide whether we are being trolled, or are seeing an example of Poe's Law in action, as applied to Neocons.
The sooner you realize the Colonials actually believe their own shit, the sooner you can start worrying about the preparations needed to survive the inevitable backlash from reality.

I think the bigger question is whether you are trying to be funny or you didn't notice the author of the book.
Today between forty and sixty nations, home to more than one billion people, have either collapsed or are teetering on the brink of failure. The world's worst problems--terrorism, drugs and human trafficking, absolute poverty, ethnic conflict, disease, genocide--originate in such states, and
the international community has devoted billions of dollars to solving the problem. Yet by and large the effort has not succeeded.

Ashraf Ghani and Clare Lockhart have taken an active part in the effort to save failed states for many years, serving as World Bank officials, as advisers to the UN, and as high-level participants in the new government of Afghanistan. In Fixing Failed States, they describe the issue--vividly and
convincingly--offering an on-the-ground picture of why past efforts have not worked and advancing a groundbreaking new solution to this most pressing of global crises. For the paperback edition, they have added a new preface that addresses the continuing crisis in light of ongoing governance
problems in weak states like Afghanistan and the global financial recession. As they explain, many of these countries already have the resources they need, if only we knew how to connect them to global knowledge and put them to work in the right way. Their state-building strategy, which assigns
responsibility equally among the international community, national leaders, and citizens, maps out a clear path to political and economic stability. The authors provide a practical framework for achieving these ends, supporting their case with first-hand examples of struggling territories such as
Afghanistan, Sudan, Kosovo and Nepal as well as the world's success stories--Singapore, Ireland, and even the American South.

I didn't know that 50-odd nations had collapsed. Did you?

Modern China is more like nationalistic corporation
Sooo... something like the US, but instead of having two political parties, they have one with several internal factions?

Sooo... something like the US, but instead of having two political parties, they have one with several internal factions?

1637581313119.png

Not exactly. They have structural model of a corporation more or less, rather han being civilian government ruled by private companies. Chinese companies are overseered by the government or are part of the state economy (as in state owned).

I used a corporation as a metaphor.

Oh so we're resorting to ad hominem attacks now huh? This is why well respected people like Occidental Flame feel y'all are a lost cause.

The authors' proposed solutions would have more credibility if there was anywhere they had been tried and found to work.

It'll work out next time without fail.
I think they're more realistic now, in the sense "we'll try and try again and we'll get it right, even if we'd have to kill you all."

The question that immediately comes to mind is, who would come out on top of this conflict?

After all the coming victor of this will either solidifie it's status of superpower or build it's regional sphere of influence.

The question that I'm asking however, is "what kind of opportunities does this conflict opens for the other great powers in the case of a full blown war, if there are any?"
None. Any war would either be a relatively small affair that doesn't change much, or go nuclear in which case everyone will be too busy rebuilding in the ashes and wreckage to have any "opportunities".

A colonial administration under UN/NATO mandate.
A devastated hellscape full of constant repression, exploitation and terrorism, in other words.

Not that that would happen; I suggest you look up the term "Century of Humiliation". The Chinese know from experience just how horrific being under colonialism is, and would use their nuclear arsenal first. They'd willingly burn in a nuclear exchange before submitting to that. For that matter, the leadership would probably be more likely to survive a nuclear war than the aftermath of such a surrender; and getting instantly incinerated hurts less than being torn apart by a mob, anyway.

None. Any war would either be a relatively small affair that doesn't change much, or go nuclear in which case everyone will be too busy rebuilding in the ashes and wreckage to have any "opportunities".

A devastated hellscape full of constant repression, exploitation and terrorism, in other words.

Not that that would happen; I suggest you look up the term "Century of Humiliation". The Chinese know from experience just how horrific being under colonialism is, and would use their nuclear arsenal first. They'd willingly burn in a nuclear exchange before submitting to that. For that matter, the leadership would probably be more likely to survive a nuclear war than the aftermath of such a surrender; and getting instantly incinerated hurts less than being torn apart by a mob, anyway.

Mainland China is one of the few parts of the world that were never really "colonized" by any of the Western powers the way that for example India or Malaysia was. But more recent and perhaps more relevant: their last experience of their land being invaded and occupied by a foreign power was with the Japanese in World War II.
I trust I do not need to elaborate?

Mainland China is one of the few parts of the world that were never really "colonized" by any of the Western powers the way that for example India or Malaysia was. But more recent and perhaps more relevant: their last experience of their land being invaded and occupied by a foreign power was with the Japanese in World War II.

Come on!
Shinzo Abe long time ago have explained that - it is communist propaganda.

Perhaps not "occupied", but renderd virtually impotent by unequal treaties with the Western Powers, and the virtual theft of various "treaty ports". I doubt China has forgotten that.

Back
Top Bottom