What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Earth defends itself with Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous Equipment from...

Aetherius

Author
the Galactic Empire ?

Ok, as i was playing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous, i wondered myself, could Earth, equipped with the Technology and Gear from Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous
defend itself from an Invasion from the Galactic Empire from Star Wars. ?

To make it, a bit more interesting, lets say, this Earth has bit more Territory to defend.

Not only this Solar System but also, the Verse and the Cyrannus Star System.

How this conflict came into being, doesn´t really matter for this scenario.

What matters is that the Empire has send about 3 Star Destroyers. One for each System.

Could they defend themselves ?

No. Just lolno.

That answer is a bit too easy.....
Could you elaborate this a bit more ??

edit:
The biggest ship on the Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous Side is the 2700 meter long Retribution Class....
A Imperial II is 1600 meter long.

Last edited:
Worse propulsion systems, worse protection, worse firepower. An ISD can do a Base Delta Zero, while no Battlecruiser can even envision it.

Worse propulsion systems, worse protection, worse firepower. An ISD can do a Base Delta Zero, while no Battlecruiser can even envision it.

TBH, i always thought the Tech level of both as pretty even, except the propulsion system.

Eeee . . .
Elite have propulsion for fighters that is making them in cruise mode go at FTL speeds in real space.

Hmm, I remember, the Frame Shift Drive....
There is also the FTL drive/s.

But as for the Weapons and Shields ?

Eeee . . .
Elite have propulsion for fighters that is making them in cruise mode go at FTL speeds in real space.
And SW fighters have interstellar-grade hyperdrive that can be used to ram enemies in real space as well.

Don't care. Stupid but canon.

Nah, SW has WMD everywhere while ED has, err... not much really.

We actual don´t know if ED or SC has WMD´s, but they do have missiles.

Edit:
Also Mass Drivers, wich can be used as WMD´s.

2nd Edit:
Yes, they have WMD´s. On the RSI Website, it is mentioned that they have Anti-Matter Torpedo´s wich they used to destroy an inhabited Moon..

Last edited:
So basically the People's Republic of China or... United States of America vs....... Belgium

So basically the People's Republic of China or... United States of America vs....... Belgium

More like Italy or France....
Maybe, just maybe Britain.

Edit:
Belgium dont has Carriers.

Last edited:
I would not call anything that can go multiple c's in real space as not a WMD, not mentioning the amount of tech that is necessary to make this happen.

And, as already mentioned, they do have WMD´s.
For example: ED has the Farragut-Class Battle Cruiser. Several Shots from it´s Main Weapon are enough to eliminate all Life on a Planet
As for SC, as already mentioned, they have Anti-Matter Torpedo´s.

I would have gone with a vs the System Lords.

The Empire is a few orders of magnitude more dangerous.

As long as we are not using the fucktard wank calculations for SW sure. It more depends on what does the Earth actually have as a military though but tie's are dog meat to most any fighter Earth has and stormtroopers are not going to enjoy that fight even before they are out manned 10 to 1 at least probably by reinforcement to the colonies. The big thing is will Earth ships be able to stand a pitch battle with the SD itself? Which I am guessing is a yes so the Empire rampage a bit being dicks then die.

As long as we are not using the fucktard wank calculations for SW sure. It more depends on what does the Earth actually have as a military though but tie's are dog meat to most any fighter Earth has and stormtroopers are not going to enjoy that fight even before they are out manned 10 to 1 at least probably by reinforcement to the colonies. The big thing is will Earth ships be able to stand a pitch battle with the SD itself? Which I am guessing is a yes so the Empire rampage a bit being dicks then die.

That makes sense....
IMHO, it all boils down on how effective the Weapons and Tech of SC and ED is.
If we can compare the damage of the smallest weapons of both sides, Blaster Pistols for SW and Laser Pistols for SC/ED (yes i know there are also kintic weapons), on lets say rocks, we could scale up the damage from there...

Honestly not sure we can because of game balances and other crap. SC cant talk about because have not played and ED I basically stopped around point they introduced ground combat and pretty sure they made starter gear crap just to get you to farm for better. Over all I would say comparable enough one side should not have that great advantage. The isd can hurt but unless they are incompetent and outgunned from far fewer ships Earth should still be able to win.

Back
Top Bottom