What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor Who: Changes in Time and Space

fardell24

Author
Doctor Who: Changes in Time and Space
Prologue
The Thirteenth Doctor's TARDIS, in the Vortex

Felicia Lovell entered the Console Room, where the Doctor and her other companions were. They were observing the TARDIS's progress through the vortex. For what seemed to be two to three months, the TARDIS had been going off course. ('One could never quite tell in the TARDIS', Felicia thought as she reflected on the matter.) No matter what course the Doctor had set, the ship would soon choose a different one of her own.
She had washed after their previous adventure where they had encountered a Terileptil in second century Rome. The Doctor had defeated their scheme with her usual alacrity. She had spent some time washing (as she had fallen into some muck that the other companions hadn't). She had then wondered through the corridors as she reflected on her time with the Time Lady.

"Ah, there you are," the Doctor said as she entered the console room.

"Are we off course again?" Felicia asked rhetorically.

"Of course we are, it seems the console destination input circuitry, has joined the chameleon circuit in being broken," one of her fellow companions, Daniel Hadley, said.

"That is not the reason we are going off course," the Doctor said, with a disapproving tone.

"So, you do know what the reason is?"

"The reason is that the TARDIS is going off course, is that it wants to go off course," the Doctor expounded. "Remember that she's alive, so to speak."

"Did it take you months to figure that out?" Daniel asked.

"It didn't take me months to find out that the TARDIS was going off course because it wanted to go off course, I found out almost immediately," the Doctor said.

"So where are we going now?" Sigrun asked.

"If the TARDIS is going off course, we won't know until we land, won't we Doctor?" Daniel said, half to Sigrun, and half to the Doctor.

"The coordinates I input were for somewhere in Britain in early 2034," the Doctor explained, as she took a look at the console screen. "But we're already off course. We may be arriving in Ireland in 2021."

They all watched the console, seeing the coordinates shift earlier and earlier, and further to the south west, across the Atlantic. Soon they landed, in the Azores in 2018.

"2018, not a bad year," the Doctor said.

Chapter 1 – Invasion at the Azores – Part I: Arrival
29 September 2018, The Azores Autonomous Region, Portugal, just outside the city of Ponta Delaga

The TARDIS had materialised in a forest. Sabir emerged from the TARDIS first. Though he came from an era when world travel was commonplace (but not as commonplace as later) he had never been to the Azores. He breathed in the air, hardly any pollution could be smelt. "It is peaceful," he said.

"You know that can change very quickly Sab," the Doctor said, as she followed him out of the TARDIS.

'Sab' felt a flush of embarrassment; despite the length of time he had already travelled with the Doctor, he still wasn't used to her calling him by that diminutive. (But there were other diminutives he wouldn't have minded so much.) "It is not that likely that aliens would start invading the Earth here or that there would be any experiments that could go wrong."

"But, these things are unexpected," the Doctor said, knowing that Sab would continue to argue the point…

Daniel exited the 'timeship', as he called it, to see Sabir and the Doctor arguing, again!
They were arguing about whether they would find events/actions that the Doctor would have to be involved in, to right the wrongs. "Why do you always have to argue with each other?" he asked.

"We are not arguing," Sabir said, with a blush.

"Maybe we were, Dan, but things can change very quickly, as you know," the Doctor explained, her voice showing little strain.

Daniel agreed with that. At most of the places he had been since he had joined the Doctor in his travels a few years ago (relatively speaking), things had changed very quickly. It was all peaceful, and then something happened, whether an invasion occurred, an experiment went wrong, or an old enemy of the Doctor's showed up. "I agree with that," he said.

Having changed into clothes appropriate for the era, Sigrun emerged from the TARDIS after Daniel. As it was prior to her own era it wasn't difficult to find those clothes. She could see that the Doctor, Sabir and Felicia were wearing clothing as anachronistic as the TARDIS' exterior.

Sabir was dressed in clothes from his native period approximately a decade prior to the current time, including a t-shirt with a catchphrase from one of his favourite science fiction television shows. Daniel's mode of dress being somewhere between the two.

"Ah, Sigrid, there you are. We were just discussing the possibility of something happening," the Doctor said.

Sigrun flinched. She was still getting used to the Doctor calling her by that diminutive. However, she did know that she did it out of affection, as she did with the other companions. "Certainly, it is likely that something will happen," she added.

"I told you," Sabir said cheerfully. "She usually agrees with me."

"For certain," Daniel said as an afterthought. Sigrun walked over to them, and waited with them for the others.

Agitated, Jia'hale re-entered the console room. Again with Earth! The TARDIS hadn't been to her home planet since before it began going off course! She hoped that situation would change soon. She had just been to the wardrobe, and had been pleased to remove the toga she had to wear in Rome, and put on something more comfortable. She would have been happy to leave the TARDIS with nothing. But the Doctor had said (more than once) that the majority of places wouldn't have tolerated that sort of behaviour.

Sigrun had also had said that the Azores in 2018 were relatively conservative for the period. So she had dressed similarly to Sigrun and then left the wardrobe. As she entered the console room she saw Felicia wandering around the console in thought. She didn't notice that she had entered. 'Ok, I'll just hop outside and wait for her with the others,' she thought, as she approached the outer door.

"There you are, Jia," the Doctor said, as she saw her companion from Tossekia IV exit the TARDIS.

"So what are we going to do? Are we looking for trouble?" she asked.

"Possibly," the Doctor said, with a cheeky tone.

"Absolutely, that is what the Doctor does usually," Daniel said.

"Most likely," Sabir said.

"We are going to find some kind of trouble then?" Jia'hale asked, knowing that the Azores probably won't be peaceful for much longer. The Doctor then had a thoughtful look on her face; she knew that she had spoken truthfully.

"Where is Felicia?" Sabir asked a minute later. He wondered if she had wandered off without them and possibly required rescue.

"She's still in the TARDIS," Jia'hale added. "She was lingering in the console room in a thoughtful mood."

"We'll wait a little longer," the Doctor decided. "Then I'll go back and ask if she wants to come. It wouldn't be the first time someone stayed behind."

They waited a little longer.

Meanwhile Felicia was thinking... It appeared that the TARDIS wanted to communicate with her in some way. The level (as it were) seemed different. It was certainly different to when she translated languages. (She knew, for instance, the Sigrun and Jia'hale spoke different Earth languages most of the time, rather than English). She was sure that the TARDIS was disturbed by something.
She saw Jia'hale pass through the console room, exiting the TARDIS. Felicia continued to think for a few more minutes. She was still sure that the TARDIS was disturbed by something. She then left the ship. She made sure to close the Police Box doors. She knew the TARDIS didn't like it when they were left open.

The Doctor was about to go back into the TARDIS when Felicia came out. She sensed her state of mind immediately and knew that the TARDIS had imparted (or had tried to impart) something to her. That was something that hadn't happened for a while, probably not more than once since her last regeneration. She looked at the other companions. she saw that all of them, more or less, knew that something was up with Felicia.
"Ok, don't be all staring at me like that. Let's go and see if anything is going to happen here," she said.

"Something is up," Daniel said to himself.

Felicia felt uneasy. She felt like going back into the TARDIS. But she decided that everyone, including the Doctor, probably needed her help.

The Doctor decided to try to talk to Felicia privately after they were underway into Ponta Delaga. "Let's go, we can solve this mystery later," she said. The others all agreed. The Doctor then used her sonic screwdriver to determine the direction of the city, and they went off in that direction.

"Elisa, what do you think the TARDIS was trying to put to you?" the Doctor asked.

Felicia wasn't put off by the Doctor's nickname for her; she was used to it by now. "I think, that the TARDIS is disturbed about something. But that is all can say about it at the moment. Anything else would be rather private."

"I agree."

The Doctor knew she wouldn't get more out of Felicia. She had to process the 'information' the TARDIS had given her, in her mind. She would know what it was sooner or later.

Soon the TARDIS team arrived at the city. They found that there were people running around in panic. Something was going on.

"Ok, Something is happening. But what is it. Is it an invasion?" Sabir asked.

"I am not sure," Felicia answered.

A ship landed nearby and figures emerged from it.

The Doctor told her companions to run. They ran to a nearby park and hid behind some trees before the figures in the ship could see them.
"What are they Doctor?" Felicia asked. She wondered if this was what the TARDIS was warning her about. She thought some more. No it wasn't she decided.

"Drahvins! But how could they have gained the capability to time travel without my knowing?" the Doctor asked.

"They look all female, Doctor," Daniel said.

"Don't let that fool you, Dan," the Doctor said. "They are ruthless, they keep only a small population of males for reproductive purposes. They kill the rest and their foot soldiers are cultivated in test tubes. For one purpose. To kill!"

"You make them sound similar to the Daleks, Doctor," Jia'hale said with a shudder.

"No, they don't kill everything. They just conquer. They have a large empire in Galaxy 4, in the 6th millennium AD," the Doctor said. She wasn't sure how they got there, but she was sure that she would figure out a way to stop this invasion of theirs, before there was too much collateral damage...

Chapter 1 – Invasion at the Azores – Part II: Incursion
29 September 2018, The Azores Autonomous Region, Portugal, just outside the city of Ponta Delaga

The Doctor and her companions were still behind the trees in the park as they watched foot soldiers march out of the Drahvin starship. Felicia was worried. "What are we going to do?"

The Doctor thought for a moment. "We will have to find the leader. Then I'll have to improvise."

Daniel gave this some thought, before asking; "Are we just going to march onto that ship?"

"I haven't any other ideas, Dan. We need to find out why the Drahvins are invading Earth in this time," she answered. "And why they're starting in the Azores."

"I see that, but how are we going to get on board?" Sigrun asked.

"We will have to wait until all of the soldiers get out of the ship," the Doctor answered. "Then we hope they won't find us here in the meantime."

Soon the soldiers had left the ship, and the door remained open. "Ok, now, everyone. Run!" The Doctor directed.

The Doctor and her companions darted out from behind the tree, and ran towards the Drahvin starship. The starship looked the same as all other Drahvin ships she had seen, made out of a trashy tin-alloy that could easily be punctured by weapons fire or micrometeorites.

The Doctor bounded up the debarkation ramp, followed by Felicia, Daniel, Jia'hale and Sabir with Sigrun bringing up the rear.

"Ok, we need to find the bridge," the Doctor said.

"Why?" Daniel asked.

"The leader is most likely to be there," the Doctor answered.

"Wouldn't that be at the top of the ship?" Sabir asked.

"You have been watching too much Science Fiction," the Doctor objected "Most often the bridge isn't on the top, but in a more protected position within the ship."

Sigrun reflected for a moment. "Wouldn't it be worth a try?"

"Absolutely. Otherwise we wouldn't know," the Doctor replied.

"Let's go then," Daniel said. The Doctor lead the way along the corridor and soon found a service shaft that lead upwards. She started climbing, followed by Daniel, Felicia, Sigrun, Jia'hale and Sabir. They soon found themselves on the top deck of the Drahvin transport.

"It's clear," the Doctor said. "Let's go." Her companions followed her out into the corridor, and followed her towards where the sonic screwdriver was indicating the bridge was.

They soon arrived at a door, which was locked. "Deadlock seal, the sonic screwdriver is useless," the Doctor said.

"We could try a ventilation shaft?" Sabir suggested.

The Doctor thought for a moment. "There's no guarantee that it would be big enough."

"But we could try," Daniel said.

"Of course, Dan," the Doctor said. They then looked along the corridor for any openings to the ship's ventilation shafts.

They soon found one, about 10 meters from the bridge door. This time the Doctor could open it with the sonic screwdriver. It clanged down onto the floor.
"Ok, I'll go first," Daniel said.

"No, Dan, I'll go first. You don't know what would be in there. It could be booby trapped!" the Doctor said.

"Of course," Daniel said, the Doctor usually went first into dangerous situations like this.

"You can bring up the rear" the Doctor said. The Doctor then entered the ventilation duct, with Jia'hale following.
Sabir, Felicia and Sigrun followed, and Daniel came last.

The Doctor leapt out of the ventilation shaft onto the Drahvin Bridge, where many Drahvins were waiting.

"Hello Doctor!" one of them, who seemed to be in charge, said. The Doctor looked up straight, and her companions carefully exited the shaft.

'Of course it has to be her!' the Doctor thought to herself. "Hello, Kellira." She had met this particular Drahvin many times before.

"You know her?" Daniel asked.

"In a way," the Doctor answered.

Kellira made a signal and suddenly every Drahvin on the bridge were pointing their guns at the Doctor and her companions. It appeared they were outwitted.

"We are in trouble now," Jia'hale said in an exhasperated tone.

"What do you have planned now?" Daniel asked. Sabir, Felicia and Sigrun were speechless with shock.

"I have no plan," the Doctor admitted. "I probably could have contacted UNIT or Torchwood."

Kellira made another signal and one of her soldiers stepped forwards.

"Silence!" she shouted.

"There is nothing you, or the Earth organisations you referenced, can do Doctor!" Kellira objected. "Our plan is proceeding perfectly. The Azores will be ours and we can then interfere with Earth's history to our ends!"

"You can't do that!" Jia'hale said.

"Yes we can," Kellira said.

"You Drahvins are all the same! You use anything as a weapon.," the Doctor said. Whatever your plan is, it will fail!"

"But you have no plan! Every time we met before, I could see that you had some kind of plan, you obviously didn't think that the bridge would be heavily guarded," Kellira said.

"I have almost lost count of the times when I didn't have a plan and still defeated my opponent," the Doctor said. "And as I once told a Dalek Emperor; doesn't that scare you to bits?"

Meanwhile, Sabir was edging along towards a computer console; all of the soldier's had their eyes on the Doctor...

"What is your plan?" Sigrun asked.

"Wouldn't you and your Time Lord friend like to know. You will not find out!" Kellira said.

"What is the point of taking over the Azores anyway?" Daniel asked. 'They are quite isolated."

"I am not answering that question," Kellira said.

Unnoticed, the Doctor grabbed her sonic screwdriver and changed the setting...

The setting hadn't been used for a while, but she was sure it would work. She activated the setting. Bizzzzt, bizxewt, wizzzte.

"What was that?"Kellira said as she heard the Sonic screwdriver.

Sabir whirled around to the nearest computer station. Amongst other things the sonic screwdriver had brought up a directory listing.

"Call up their plan" he heard Felicia call out.

"That is what I am doing!" he shot back as he began looking through the files.
Jia'hale and Sigrun had flanked the Doctor, and they both charged at Kellira, ready to take her down...

Outside the city, the TARDIS waited patiently for the Doctor and her companions. It then received the signal from the Doctor, via the communications system of the Drahvin starship that she was in. She knew her thief was in trouble.
She sent a few messages to allies of the Doctor via the worldwide internet and then set into motion, homing in on the Doctor's signal.

Sigrun and Jia'hale had knocked Kellira over but it wasn't long before she recovered and fought back. Her soldiers did shoot in the direction of two companions, and the Doctor, but most of the shots went wild and some of them fell victim to friendly fire.

Kellira stood up again. "Feisty are you two? But I am a highly trained Drahvin warrior, you stand no chance!" she said fuming and charged at Sigrun, who promptly twisted her onto her back.

"I am also trained; in Terran Eastern Martial Arts. What do you say to that?" Sigrun then said.

"That just makes it more of a challenge! It will make no difference in the long run," Kellira said.

Sabir had called up the file containing the plan. "Of course it would be encrypted!" he said, however he knew how to get around that.

"Yes, Kellira, I summoned my ship," the Doctor said. "I can then use it to further the destruction of your plan." The TARDIS finished rematerialising and she clicked her fingers, opening the doors.

"I haven't decrypted the file yet, but it can be accessed from the TARDIS," Sabir as he ran from the computer panel towards the TARDIS.

"Guards, surround the Time Lady's ship!" Kellira ordered.

Many of the Drahvin soldiers tried to surround the TARDIS. But there was an interruption. Jia'hale lashed out, all feet and fists, and cleared the area near the door. Sabir unlocked the door and dashed inside.

"Feeling inadequate now?" Daniel goaded.

This only added fuel to Kellira's rage. "I am more than 'adequate' obligatory male companion. Not even the TARDIS can decrypt that file!"

"You seen very confident for a Drahvin who has just been outwitted, unless you pilfered some encryption software from a derelict Dalek ship," the Doctor rejoined.

"I wouldn't think even you would risk that."

Kellira called for the guards again, but found none were answering. While Daniel and the Doctor were talking to her, they had either been caught in their own crossfire, or had been knocked out by Sigrun and Jia'hale.

"You're still very confident, Doctor. The Drahvin forces are still as of this moment taking control of the city of Ponta Delaga, and I am still confident that you cannot change that fact, or decrypt that file," Kellira said.

"Sigrun, Jia'hale, you hold Kellira here while Felicia and I help the TARDIS and Sabir crack the file."

Chapter 1: Invasion at the Azores - Part III – Malware of the Daleks
They found Sabir hunched over the console looking at the encryption of the Drahvin plan file with confusion...
"Kellira may have some reason to boast. I can't make heads or tails of it. Neither I, nor the TARDIS can make headway," he said. "It is way too complex."

The Doctor then had a look at what Sabir and the TARDIS together had attempted in decryption. She didn't like what she saw. "You may be right there, Sab, but I doubt that the Drahvins would be so stupid as to use a Dalek encryption program."

"What if they did?" Felicia asked.

The Doctor did not like that possibility. Not at all. "The Daleks, as you know, are arrogant genocidal maniacal supremacists, and as such would not want anyone else hijacking their technology, and so they put in safeguards, in all of their technology. Generally, everyone knows this, so they would not risk using Dalek technology. However I see that the Drahvins would be arrogant enough to believe that the risk was worth taking." She was sure that the Drahvins might take such a risk if they thought it was worth it.

"So, what would these 'safeguards' be?" Felicia asked. She dreaded what the Doctor's answer could be. A harbinger of doom, not only for the Drahvins, but also for Ponta Delaga.

"At the least the Drahvin computers would be hosting dormant Dalek viruses that would wait until the opportune moment to strike. What effect those would have would depend on what security software they have installed," the Doctor answered, while looking at the file encryption.

"So you think the encryption is a Dalek encryption?" ? And if so would it contain one of these viruses?" Felicia asked, wondering if that was what the TARDIS was worried about. But as soon as she thought it, she knew that it wasn't what the ship was afraid of.

"Good question. Even if the file does contain a Dalek virus, the TARDIS's own security systems would be able to deal with it. The Time Lords were always ahead of the Daleks in that area," the Doctor said.

Inside the TARDIS's systems, the TARDIS attempted to decrypt the Drahvin plan file again, using extremely large prime numbers. However it failed again, the TARDIS is sure that the encryption is somehow outsmarting her, giving credence to the Doctor's suspicion that the Daleks had written at least some of the software behind the encryption.

The Doctor was aware that the TARDIS agreed with her about the possibility of Dalek software having been used by the Drahvins. She, Felicia and Sabir attempted decryption again.

Something in the software associated with the Drahvin Plan file activated.
'Alert, Time Lord Software Detected! Activate Artificial Intelligence Subroutines!' A malware program activated in the scanner, where the plan file was stored. It began to download more data from the Drahvin systems outside...
The TARDIS decided to alert the Doctor.

"Oh no!" the Doctor exclaimed.

"What is happening Doctor?" Felicia asked.

"It is downloading more data from the Drahvin ship," the Doctor explained. "It shouldn't be doing that!"

"Can it be stopped?" Felicia asked.

"Not that I can see," Sabir answered, with stress showing in his voice. However the Doctor was back at the console, alongside him, trying to stop the download.

Outside the TARDIS, Kellira noticed the bridge computers doing something. She looked concerned, worried.

"What is happening?" Sigrun asked. She had also noticed something happening with the computers.

"I don't know. I don't know much at all about the more advanced functions of computers. I have just used them for communications over the 'Nets and stuff" Jia'hale said.

Kellira said nothing, she didn't want to provoke the Doctor's more apparently competent companions. She expected there to be reinforcements soon. But she didn't know what the computer activity portended. She as sure that the derelict ship that the encryption software came from was Thal, not Dalek! Though the possibility was there, and that possibility scared her.

"Too late, it's downloading," the Doctor said.

"Oh no!" Sabir said.

"It is up to the TARDIS to stop it initiating," she continued.

Inside the scanner circuitry, the downloaded software activated.

"Time Lord Software confirmed, running Hardware Analysis." The software attempted to run the Hardware Analysis. However the TARDIS defences moved into action, fighting the attempts to analyse the hardware, with help from the Doctor's input. In the meantime, the decryption effort continued, with Felicia and Sabir helping there.
Many times the hardware analysis stopped and re-started as the process timed out. The multiple failure of the hardware analysis activated another downloaded packet, which activated and fought the TARDIS defences more aggressively. This time the hardware analysis determined the Gallifreyan origin of the hardware...

The Doctor cursed, 'a nontranslated Gallifreyan epithet.'

Felicia started at that, she had only heard that word before in a moment of severe stress, 'which I am sure this situation qualifies as,' she thought.

"What is wrong?" Sabir asked, with very little hesitation.

"The software has determined that this is, in fact, a TARDIS!" the Doctor said, Sabir could hear the concern in her voice, more clearly.

"I suppose that is not good?" Sabir asked.

"It is most certainly not, Sab!" the Doctor said. 'There are very few species or organisations that would be capable of writing such software,' she thought.

Inside the scanner circuitry, another downloaded program activated.

"TARDIS detected! Exterminate all Time Lord Control Software! Exterminate and Conquer, the Dalek AIs shall be triumphant! Exterminate!" The Dalek AIs then fought harder against the TARDIS defenses more aggressively. The Dalek AI software, being as arrogant as its creators, believed it was superior against the comparatively ancient Time Lord software.

The TARDIS then quarantined the scanner circuitry, to stop the infection spreading any further.

"Good, the quarantine is holding," the Doctor said, a few moments later.

"But wouldn't that mean that the scanner is useless?" Sabir asked. He was worried that the TARDIS had lost further functionality.

"Not useless," the Doctor answered. "It just means that it's unable to share the information with the rest of the TARDIS. It also means that we have to rely on ourselves and the computational capacity of the scanner itself to decrypt that file."

Within the Scanner, the battle continued. The Dalek AIs continued to attempt to break the TARDIS' quarantine, to no avail.
One of the Dalek AIs decided to do something else to force the Time Lord in control of the TARDIS to give it access to his/her ship (Not knowing that it was the Oncoming Storm).

Sigrun and Jia'hale waited patiently whilst guarding Kellira, when suddenly an alarm sounded in the Drahvin Bridge...

Sigrun saw that Kellira was suddenly afraid.
"What is wrong?" she asked.

"It is a decompression alarm! But how?" Kellira asked.

"Maybe your compatriots have decided to sacrifice you, to kill the Doctor and us, not knowing that the TARDIS is here," Jia'hale said.

"No! They wouldn't do that!" Kellira exclaimed. "They wouldn't believe that the Doctor had managed to take the Bridge to begin with."

Suddenly the access hatch that the Doctor and her companions had used to enter the bridge slammed shut!
"There is only one way out of this bridge now," Sigrun said. Then a voice rasped over the bridge comm system…

"Exterminate!"

"Into the TARDIS!" Sigrun said. She flung the doors wide open and dragged Kellira in after her, leaving Jia'hale to decide what to do about the guards they had knocked out earlier.

The Doctor was surprised when she heard the doors open and looked up to see Sigrun dragging Kellira into the ship.

"A Dalek program is decompressing the bridge," Sigrun said.

"Bring her in, but we have Dalek stuff in the scanner as well. They seem to have infected the plan file."

"I could have sworn that it was a Thal ship, not one that belonged to the Daleks," Kellira said.

"So, you are behind this invasion of Earth?" the Doctor said.

"Of course I am, with the blessing of the Matriarchy," Kellira said, as if that was obvious.

"Of course, but you did not take into account that the Thals were the Daleks' oldest enemy, and thus were not above copying their designs so that a scenario like the one that is occurring now, will happen," the Doctor said. She was exasperated that any Drahvin would fall for one of the oldest tricks in the metaphorical Dalek book. It most certainly had made her attempt to defeat their invasion of the Azores much harder.

In the Bridge, air was screaming out of the TARDIS doors, which Sigrun had left open. The air pressure was done to 1/3 atmospheres. However, having grown up in an alpine environment, Jia'hale was able to cope while she dragged the knocked out guards into the ship.

Inside the TARDIS, the Doctor was worried. The air pressure in the Console Room was down to 2/3 atmospheres. The air was screaming out of the internal doors from the corridors, as well as the ventilation ducts. She could see Jia bringing the guards into the console room, just beyond the door and dashing out again.

Inside the scanner circuitry the Dalek and Time Lord software continued to battle each other.

"Right, Sab you can keep watch on the scanner. You can attempt to reach Elisa and I on the internal comm.," the Doctor said.

'Since when does the TARDIS have an internal comm?' Felicia thought, surprised that she could hear the Doctor properly above the scream of the circulation system.

"Ok, Sigrid, keep an eye on 'Ira'tant and her soldiers, keep them away from any important things," the Doctor said.

"What are you doing, Doctor?" Daniel asked.

"I am going to look for a program that I haven't used since the Time War for combating Dalek battle programs. It is stored in a storage device somewhere in the depths of the TARDIS. I may need it to expunge the Dalek programs from the Scanner circuitry and the Drahvin computer systems," the Doctor answered.

"I can keep an eye on her," Sigrun said.

"Good, Elisha, come on," the Doctor said.

"What about me?" Daniel asked, as the Doctor and Felicia went towards the internal door.

"Help the others, and if a serious problem, that you think you cannot deal with arises, you can come looking for us," the Doctor answered. She and Felicia then left the console room.

"Sure, Doctor," Daniel murmured. He turned back to the console.

The air pressure in the bridge had dropped to 1/4th of atmospheric pressure; Jia'hale was beginning to find it hard to breathe, although she could see that the Drahvin guards remaining in the bridge were having more difficulty.

Inside the Drahvin computer system, the Dalek programs spread through more of their systems.

Jia'hale carried one last guard to the TARDIS, despite the wind coming out of the doors. She wasn't aware that the pumps were close to reaching their failure points, owing to the sound of the pumps wasn't penetrating to the area near the TARDIS.

The Doctor and Felicia ran along the TARDIS corridors. "Are you sure you know where this thing is Doctor? You did say that you haven't used it since the Time War, and the TARDIS does change its layout a lot. It could be anywhere!"

"I don't know where it is now, but I do know where I put it," the Doctor answered. "I just have to rely on my instincts to find it."

"I hope your instincts are right this time, and that the room hasn't been jettisoned."

Jia'hale looked at the Drahvin bridge one last time, before leaping back into the TARDIS against the wind still exiting the ship. She
slamed the doors shut, and then breathed deeply as the air pressure in the console room returned to normal.
"Now all we can do is wait for the Doctor to return," Sigrun said.

"Agreed!" Jia'hale said, tiredly. She laid on the floor to rest amongst the unconscious Drahvin guards.

A readout on the Drahvin Bridge read 'Decompression Complete'.

A Dalek AI accessed a camera and looked at the bridge. It spotted the TARDIS."Blue Box! It is the Doctor! Exterminate the Doctor! The Oncoming Storm! The Doctor!" the AI initiates more uploads to the TARDIS.

When those were complete it initiated the Drahvin Flagship's self destruct sequence, although it was not 100% sure that it would take the TARDIS with it.

The bridge readout now said 'Self Destruct in 2 minutes'. A large vibration started up...

"More programs are being downloaded into the scanner circuitry," Sabir said, concerned that more malware was being downloaded into the TARDIS.

"Can you stop it?" Daniel asked.

"No!" Sabir said as he tried to stop the download.

The download completed. Another set of programs were initiated.

A warning flashed on the scanner screen.

"What's that?" Daniel asked.

"The Drahvin ship has been set to self destruct!" Sabir answered.

"What!" Kellira exclaimed, as she stepped towards the console. Sigrun grabbed her by the shoulders, restraining her from hitting Sabir. She struggled, before asking, "How could that happen?"

"Obviously it is the Dalek malware," Sabir answered.

"I know that there is Dalek malware!" Kellira objected. "but it is impossible for someone who is not responsible for the ship to set the self destruct sequence."

"I think you underestimate the Daleks. All of them were geniuses capable of hacking the most secure computer systems. Or so the Doctor says. They would definitely be capable of programming Artificial Intelligences capable of doing similar things," Sabir said.

"Someone has to tell the Doctor about the self destruct," Daniel said. "She may be able to do something."

"You can go," Sigrun suggested.

"I agree," Sabir said.

"I guess so, I hope that I will be able to find them," Daniel said. He then exited the console room.

Kellira was still having trouble believing that her ship was going to self destruct.

"That is what the scanner says," Sabir pointed out, again.

"But isn't it infected with the Dalek malware too?" Kellira asked.

"Regardless, it is right and there's nothing you can do about it."

Kellira turned way in a huff, still in a state of denial.

On the bridge of the doomed Drahvin starship, the readout now said '51 seconds to self destruct'

As the Doctor and Felicia moved deeper into the TARDIS the corridors had changed from their usual roundeled look, to look more like tunnels lined with brick. As Felicia hadn't been this far from the console room before; she hoped that the Doctor's instincts would not get them lost.

As Daniel ran through the TARDIS corridors, he hoped he was following the Doctor and Felicia and not going in a completely different direction.

Kellira was still seething. "Can't the TARDIS do something about the Dalek Malware?" she asked.

"I have no idea!" Sabir admitted. We'll have to wait until the Doctor comes back."

"The other male companion will not find her in time, and there is no time for her to return. There are less than 15 seconds left!"

"We better brace ourselves then!" Jia'hale said.

"Brace yourselves!" Sabir said, grabbing ahold of the console.

Daniel caught up to the Doctor and Felicia. "What is happening?" the Doctor asked.

"The Drahvin ship, it's set to self dest..." He was then interrupted...

Destruct!

The self destruct ordinance in the Drahvin ship went off. The ship was blasted to pieces sending shrapnel into the ships nearby. The park which the ships had landed in was completely destroyed.

The TARDIS was knocked about, but it was none the worse for wear. She had been through a lot worse. Especially during the Time War.

Daniel was knocked over before he could finish the word. The first person to get up was the Doctor. "Thanks, Dan," she said. "Now that their ship has been destroyed, I'm sure their plan has been set back some."

Felicia was next to get back up. "I suppose the TARDIS is still right side up, and barely a scratch?" she asked.

"Absolutely. It would take a lot more than a Drahvin ship's self destruct to damage her in any way."

"Ok, Doctor, so where is this data storage device?" Daniel asked.

"We are still looking for it," Felicia said.

"Somewhere in this direction," the Doctor indicated. She lead them deeper into the TARDIS.

Back in the Console Room, both Jia'hale and Sigrun were on their feet before the Drahvins had recovered. "There goes your ship, Kellira," Sigrun taunted.

"My ship may be gone, but there are still others. There are also many of my soldiers in the streets. The explosion was a setback, but the plan will succeed," Kellira said, with menace. Sigrun's taunt had no effect.

"We will wait and see what the Doctor says when she gets back."

Kellira huffed.

The Doctor, Daniel and Felicia entered another room in their search for the data storage device. "Are you sure it's somewhere around here?" Felicia asked. She hoped they didn't have to search the entire ship.

"Absolutely sure, Elisa," the Doctor answered as she rummaged through the room.

"This is getting tiring," Felicia said.

"I agree," Daniel said.

"Here it is, now let's head back to the console room," the Doctor said, holding the data storage device up in triumph.

"Are you sure that you have the right device?" Felicia asked.

"Absolutely sure," the Doctor said. Felicia hoped that she was right. It would not be good to go through all that effort for nothing.

"Let's go, before anything else happens," Daniel said.

They got back to the Console Room ten minutes later. Kellira was still in a dangerous huff. Jia'hale and Sigrun were trying to restrain her.

"Doctor! You are responsible for the destruction of my ship!" she said.

"No, 'Ira. You are. You took Dalek software off a Dalek ship; you are responsible for what happens with it. And now I am going to purge the remaining Dalek software from my TARDIS," the Doctor said. She put the storage device into a port on the console.

"What is going to happen now Doctor?" Sabir asked.

"The storage device contains Time Lord AIs, capable of combating, and defeating Dalek AIs. Whilst the Dalek's were geniuses, so were the Time Lords" the Doctor explained.

The Time Lord AI's activated. "Dalek AIs, you are not welcome in this TARDIS!"

"Time Lord AI's prepare for Extermination! The Dalek AI's shall be triumphant! Exterminate, Exterminate. Exterminate!"

The AIs then battled each other.

"Is anything happening?" Sigrun asked.

"Something is definitely happening, Sigrid. The Dalek AIs are being purged by the Time Lord AIs."

After 5 minutes the Dalek AI's and all traces of Dalek code or software had been erased. The TARDIS dropped the quarantine.

. The Time Lord AI's returned to the storage device.

Sabir jumped at the sound. "The TARDIS reports that the Scanner is clear of Dalek software," he said.

"Very good," the Doctor said.

"And the Drahvin plan file has been decrypted. There is no Dalek code there either."

"Good," the Doctor said. "Now, Kellira, leave my ship!"

Chapter 1: Invasion at the Azores - Part IV - Enter UNIT

"Of course I will, Doctor, there is no point in remaining in it!" Kellira said. She turned to the guards who were waiting for her near the door. "Guards; March! Leave this Time Lord Timeship," she ordered.
The guards stood up.

A guard opened the door and the Drahvin guards left the TARDIS. Kellira left the TARDIS after them.
"What happens now?" Sigrun asks.

"Now, we see if UNIT is responding to the message that the TARDIS sent before it appeared in the Drahvin ship," the Doctor said. She changed the scanner focus from the Drahvin plan file to a view of the Earth. "Very good, an entire fleet of Valiant-Class ships are on their way here," she said.

"You mean the earliest version of flying ships?" Jia'hale asked.

"Yes," the Doctor said.

"So, we wait for UNIT to show up? Or do we do something?" Sabir asked.

"At the moment the Drahvin forces on the ground should be in disarray following the destruction of the flagship, we will have to make sure it stays that way," the Doctor said.

In the meantime, Kellira was not idle, she was giving orders to her soldiers over a radio she had on her person – the Drahvins were not as in disarray as the Doctor thought.
"Converge on the site of the explosion, arrest the Doctor! Don't let her take off in her Timeship!"

The Drahvin soldiers acknowledged the order from the commanding officer and started moving. They immediately began to surround smouldering park, where the TARDIS was standing.

The Doctor and her companions had not been idle either. They stood around the TARDIS surveying the scene; hence they could see the Drahvin soldiers approaching...

"What do we do Doctor?" Sabir asked.

"We go to the UNIT force, they may need my help," the Doctor said.

"Sounds like a good idea, those soldiers look like they may be firing their guns soon," Sigrun said.

"In disarray? I wouldn't like to see them when they are not!" Jia'hale said.

"Not so much as I thought then, quick! Into the TARDIS!" the Doctor said. she and her companions bolted into the TARDIS, she closed the doors with a click of her fingers as she passed through them. And just in time too, as a Drahvin energy bolt slammed into one of them as they closed.

"You were not fast enough," Kellira said.

"My apologies, Mistress," the soldier in charge said.

"You will be punished! But first, the Doctor will be captured; no doubt she is planning something. He might have sent a message to the United Intelligence Taskforce, it cannot be a coincidence that a fleet of theirs is approaching," Kellira said.

"Are we going to the UNIT fleet?" Felicia asked.

"We are going now," the Doctor said. She set the TARDIS in motion.

"No, it is too late" Kellira said, as the TARDIS dematerialised.

"What happens now Mistress?" the soldier asked.

"We prepare for the arrival of UNIT," Kellira said.

UNIT Ship Valiant II

The TARDIS materialised on the Bridge, the soldiers there jumping to attention as it materialised.

The Doctor stepped out.

"Doctor, we started mobilising as soon as we saw the emergency signal," the captain of the Valiant II said.

"Status of the Azorean situation and the Drahvin forces following the explosion, Captain...?" the Doctor asked.

"Captain Roberta Anderson. The explosion of the Drahvin ship had an EMP effect that has affected everything in the Azores. We are not reading anything. Sensors are showing another Drahvin fleet in geosynchronous orbit over the mouth of the Amazon," the captain said.

"How large is it?" the Doctor asked. She hoped that it would not be so large that UNIT would not be able to handle it.

"There are over twenty ships," Captain Anderson said. The companions then began to leave the TARDIS.

"So this is what a UNIT ship looks like? Very functional and yet still aesthetically pleasing. Exactly what flying aircraft carriers should look like," Sabir said. He had been waiting for an opportunity like this since he first started traveling with the Doctor.

"These are your companions Doctor?" Captain Anderson asked, her voice showing concern.

"Yes. I can vouch for all of them. They are either from Earth, or their ancestors come from Earth," the Doctor said.
"The Drahvins need to be driven away from Earth," Jia'hale said, with vehemence.

"Of course they do. But it needs to be done without too much collateral damage," Captain Anderson said.

"Good that we agree on that," the Doctor said. Felicia looked at a display of the Azores as the image was refreshed.

"Doctor, Captain, the sensors seem to be working," she said, as she noticed a lot of blips.

"The Drahvins seem to have survived the destruction of their ship quite well, Doctor," Captain Anderson said. "They seemed to have prepared for the possibility of the Doctor interfering."

"They have," the Doctor said. She turned to Sabir. "Would you go into the TARDIS and transmit the plan file to the Valiant II?" she asked.

"Yes, I will," Sabrina said. He went back into the TARDIS.

"Plan file?" Captain Anderson asked, wondering why the Doctor didn't fill her in about it as soon as he exited the TARDIS.

"The Drahvin in charge of the invasion had a file containing her plan for the invasion of the Azores in the computer of the ship that exploded," the Doctor said, being careful not to say anything about the reason for the explosion.

Sabrina accessed the plan file with ease and transmitted a copy of it to the Valiant II. 'I hope that this situation does not get too out of hand,' she thought as she turned around and headed back to the exterior door.

"We are receiving a transmission from the TARDIS now, ma'am. A plain text file," the Valiant II's communications officer, Kevin Geraldton, said.

"Save it, and bring it up on the secure viewer," the captain said. She didn't want the plan to be known to all of the crew, which would be the case if it wasn't stored in a secure location.

"Done, Captain. The file is ready for us to see," Geraldton said, after a few moments spent copying the file to said viewer.

Sabir exited the TARDIS and joined the Doctor, the Captain, Felicia and Daniel at the secure viewer.

"The TARDIS has translated the file from the original Drahvin into English. There may be grammatical errors here and there," the Doctor said. She knew that such errors were few, compared to the length of the document.

"That is noted, Doctor," the Captain said, after a moment. Grammatical errors were the least of their problems.
They started going over the file. Very quickly they had found very interesting information to use against the Drahvins.

Back in Ponta Delaga, Kellira was not idle. She knew that the Doctor had got a hold of the plan and was now talking to the captains of the ships in orbit about changes to it.

Ten minutes later the Drahvin fleet in orbit began to move, firing their retrorockets and then moving out of the equatorial plane...

"Captain! The Drahvin fleet has changed its orbit, it is now on a path to the Azores," the Valiant II's Tactical Officer, Theodore Franks, said.

"How soon until they enter the atmosphere?" the Captain asked, hoping that they had time to prepare for their arrival.

'"Ten minutes," Franks said.

"Kellira is changing the plan!" Sabir said. It was not entirely unexpected, but Sabir still was annoyed at the fact.

"That she is," the Doctor said.

"Maybe she isn't changing all of it, we can still review the rest of the plan," Felicia said.

"That is true. But we need to be ready for the arrival for the fleet," Captain Anderson said. To Sabrina, she seemed rather anxious.

'Of course, so would I if I were in her place.'

"I know that," Felicia said. Captain Anderson walked over to Geraldton, ready to give him the next order.

"Contact the Defender and the Hornblower. Tell them to prepare the plasma cannons, we may need them," she said.

"Yes, Captain," Geraldton said. He relayed the Captain's orders to those two ships.

The Doctor looked at the sensor display. It appeared that the new Drahvin fleet was getting ready to land near Ponta Delaga. Maybe the UNIT ships could attempt to block it from landing? Of course the Drahvins would probably just attempt to land elsewhere, but it had to irk Kellira and it would also disrupt her new plan. The Captain was coming back. She shared her plan with her.

"It is worth a shot, but it is incredibly risky," she said.

"We have to do something about the fleet," Felicia said.

"Absolutely, Elisa," the Doctor said. Captain Anderson was then in thought.

"It is a good idea, but it not a good idea to use the whole fleet. We can use two thirds for your strategy, and the rest as a reserve," the Captain said.

"Good idea," the Doctor said. He then listened to the rest of the Captain's plan, hoping that it would succeed.

"The fleet is approaching, Mistress," Drahvin Soldier 4W32.iii said.

"Excellent," Kellira said. She was sure that they would be successful in establishing their base in the Azores before the day was out.

The UNIT fleet moved in towards the city of Ponta Delaga. But the Drahvin fleet was passing through the upper levels of the troposphere as they took up their positions over the city. The Battle of Ponta Delaga was about to begin.

The Doctor, her companions and Captain Anderson were looking at the tactical display on the secure viewer. "It looks like the Drahvins are surrounding us on all sides, including upwards," Jia'hale said.

"It does look like that, but we are prepared. All we can do is hope for the best," Captain Anderson said.

"The UNIT fleet has been surrounded, Mistress," 4W32.iii said. Kellira looked at the display and noted that their forces had indeed surrounded the UNIT ships, boxing them in.

"Open a channel to the lead ship!" she said.

"Yes, Mistress," another of the soldiers, 4W31.iii.iip, said.

"We are receiving a signal from the Drahvins," Geraldton said.

'That's unexpected,' Sigrun thought.

"On the screen, please," Captain Anderson said. Kellira appeared on the screen.

"This is Kellira, High Admiral and Commander in Chief of the Drahvin forces in this system to the commander of the United Intelligence Taskforce fleet and the Time Lady known as the Doctor. I ask that you surrender, or your ships will be fired upon and destroyed."

"Doesn't mince words at all does she?" Sigrun asked, rhetorically. 'She is quite consistent,' she thought.

"This is Roberta Anderson, Captain of the UNIT ship Valiant II and overall commander of this fleet. We refuse to surrender to those who invade our planet for any purpose." The tone of her voice showed her resolve to defend Earth at all costs.

"Then prepare to die!" Kellira said, her voice showing the full intent of her threat...

"You know that I won't surrender 'Ira. But I ask you, this one time, to leave Earth!" the Doctor said.

"I will not leave Earth until my purpose is realised, Doctor," Kellira said, and she cut the signal.

"Whatever her purpose here is, she wants to carry it through," Felicia said. Sigrun knew Felicia well enough to know that she had been hoping that the situation could be resolved peacefully.
'Unfortunately, Felicia, that is not the case,' she thought.

"Yes, that, and if she abandons her plan without a fight the Matriarchy will declare her an outcast. She would then have a price on her head," the Doctor said. Sigrun knew what the Doctor meant...

'There is absolutely no chance that she will give up,' she thought.

Kellira sat back in her chair with a huff.

"Tell the ships to open fire. Destroy all of the ships except the Valiant II. Capture the Valiant II and the TARDIS which should be aboard," she said. She wanted the TARDIS, but she wouldn't have been able to capture it earlier, what with those two rather competent companions...

The Drahvin ships opened fire on the UNIT ships with energy weapons. Two ships, the Manchester and the Yamato, were destroyed almost instantly. The rest of the ships, including the Valiant II were engaged in evasive manoeuvres.

The UNIT ships then returned fire, with lasers and plasma guns, which struck the shields of the Drahvin ships, weakening them. Then missiles were fired, most of which penetrated the shields and detonated on contact with the hulls of the ships. One Drahvin ship was destroyed, when several missiles impacted its engineering decks, one after the other. Each penetrated deeper, until the final missile damaged the containment mechanisms of one if its fusion reactors...

Kellira saw one of the sensor blips indicating one of her ships blip out. "A ship has been destroyed! Launch fighters!" she commanded.

"Message acknowledged, Mistress," 4W32.iii said.

Most of the Drahvin vessels launched swarms of fighters. They moved in on the UNIT ships and opened fire...

"There are too many of them, Captain. The Brisbane has sustained hits to its lift pods and is beginning to fall," Franks said.
"Do you think, Kellira, that we would not be prepared for this?" Captain Anderson asked.

"Begin flight operations!" She said.

"Begin Flight Ops, Begin Flight Ops, Begin Flight Ops," Geraldton said.

"Affirmative," came the reply from most of the ships.

From the UNIT ships, many fighter jets began taking off. They were mostly Harrier-based jumpjets, but there were many of the more traditional variety also. Helicopter gunships also took off. Almost immediately they began to take on the Drahvin fighters.

At the bottom of the battlefield, the Brisbane was having difficulty remaining aloft.

On the Brisbane's bridge, the crew were running about, amid sparking consoles. "It is no good, Captain. The antigravity stators in the aft and starboard pods are damaged beyond repair, and the last strike severed the primary and secondary power lines to the fore pods. Also the cooling systems for reactors 2 and 3 are damaged. I estimate that we have 5 minutes to evacuate the ship!" the chief engineer said.

"Thanks, Commander," the captain said. 'No doubt about it then,' he thought. He looked at the Drahvin ships on the viewscreen. 'You may have had bested my ship, but you won't defeat UNIT,' he thought. "Prepare to abandon ship!" he said to the bridge crew.

The bridge crew began to prepare to abandon the ship.

The Brisbane began to withdraw from the battlefield, pulling away from the city. Soon, another explosion shook the ship.

"It's done for, Captain. The power to the fore pods is about to give out. And the aft pods have failed! We have to abandon ship!"

The captain hesitated for a second before giving the order that every captain hated to give. "All hands, Abandon ship! Repeat, All Hands, Abandon Ship!"

Escape pods started leaving the ailing Brisbane as more explosions occurred and the ship started dropping.

The engines finally gave out, resulting in the ship plummetting 300 metres into the ocean. The resulting wave swamped most of Ponta Delaga's waterfront. The battered remains sunk to the bottom.

As this was happening many of the fighter jets and Drahvin fighters were engaged in dogfights.

"We have lost the Brisbane, Captain," Franks said.

"Call in the Defender and the Hornblower!" the Captain said.

"Yes, Ma'am," Geraldton said.

"That is a lot of destruction," Sabir said, as he looked at the statistics on the display. 'UNIT will take a while to recover from this…'

"I agree with you, Sab, but there appears to be no other option at the moment," the Doctor said.

The Defender and the Hornblower approached the battlefield and opened fire with their plasma cannons, blasting three smaller Drahvin ships out of the sky, one after the other...
Other Drahvin ships noticed this and began to move towards the newcomer ships.

Kellira took notice of this and watched another ship fall out of the sky into the ocean near the remains of the Brisbane. She opened a channel to her other ships. "Evasive manoeuvres, and launch torpedoes at all ships except the Valiant II, but especially at those two newcomers," she ordered.

The Drahvin fleet took notice of their commander's orders and began firing torpedoes.

Many of the fighters, missiles and the plasma weaponry of the Defender and the Hornblower took out missiles, but some still found their targets. Three more UNIT ships were destroyed, with debris raining down near the outskirts of Ponta Delaga.

Captain Anderson could see that the UNIT fleet was beginning to loose against the Drahvins. "Call in the rest of the fleet!" she said.

"Affirmative," Geraldton said. He signaled the reserve portion of the fleet. "All reserve ships move in. I repeat, move in."

The Drahvin vessels continued to hammer away at the UNIT fleet as the ships held in reserve moved in.

The reserve ships fired missiles and plasma guns, and launched their own fighter jets and helicopter gunships.
These engaged the Drahvin fighters, trying to keep them away from the ships. Immediately dogfights had broken out and fighters from both sides were falling into the ocean and the outskirts of the city below.

For another ten minutes the forces were equally matched, with equal numbers of Drahvin fighters and UNIT fighters being destroyed. The Drahvins lost two ships to UNIT's three. Then the lead ship destroyed the Hornblower with a concentrated barrage.

A swarm of Drahvin fighters then zerg-rushed the Defender, knocking its plasma cannon off-line and damaging its lift pods.

A fighter then kamakazied into its flight deck. The resulting explosion crippled the ship, causing it to fall into the sea almost on top of the Brisbane remains, and damaging several surrounding ships. Those ships were then listing, as their engines began to lose power...

"We are losing, Doctor," Felicia said, looking at the tactical display.

"I am afraid so," the Doctor said.

Jia'hale looked at the Doctor. It wasn't often that she made such an admission. "Is there anything else we can do?" she asked.

The look on the Doctor's face said it all.

"We are receiving a transmission," Geraldton said.

"From the Drahvins?" Captain Anderson asked.

"No, it is coming from somewhere to the North-East," Geraldton said.

"On screen," Anderson said.

Geraldton patched the signal through. A logo of a T made of small circles appeared before changing to another screen. A face familiar to the Doctor appeared.

"This is Jack Harkness aboard the Torchwood Institute Vessel Ianto Jones. I see that you are in a spot of bother."

Chapter 1: Invasion at the Azores - Part V: Torchwood Saves the Day

"Harkness! UNIT and I definitely need your help," the Doctor said.

"We will be there momentarily, Doctor," Harkness conveyed.

"But there's no fleet on the sensors," Sabir protested.

"That is because the Torchwood fleet is currently cloaked, mr..." Jack said, allowing his voice to trail off questioningly.

"Davis, Sabir Davis."

"I will talk to you later," Jack expressed.

"Jack!" the Doctor warned, when she noticed Harkness flirting with Sabie.

"What? Can't I have some fun?" Jack said with a protesting tone. "Anyway, there! De-cloaking now. That should give those Drahvin ice cubes something to think about!" Jack said.

"The 'Torchwood' fleet is de-cloaking, Doctor," Felicia pointed out. Sabir seemed to be 'taken up' by the commander of said fleet...

The Torchwood fleet de-cloaked. Many of the Drahvin fighters immediately broke off from their various engagements against the UNIT fighters and went off towards the Torchwood ships.

Some UNIT pilots took advantage of the distraction to land critical hits against several enemy fighters.

"No, No No NO!!!!!" Kellira screamed, when she saw the Torchwood fleet de-cloak.

"Identifying as Torchwood Institute, Mistress," 4W31.iii.iip said.

"This is Captain-General Jack Harkness of the Torchwood Institute to Drahvin forces. Surrender or face the consequences!"

Kellira seethed. All of her carefully laid plans were going to ruin. With the addition of the Torchwood fleet, the humans outnumbered the Drahvins two to one. "This is High Admiral Kellira of the Drahvins, to Captain-General Jack Harkness of the Torchwood Institute. Prepare to be defeated. I will never surrender!" She hoped that she sounded intimidating enough...

"Prepare to see your fleet destroyed, Kellira!" Harkness said.

"My fleet will not be destroyed!" Kellira shouted, before shutting off the connection with a vicious gesture.

The Torchwood ships then engaged the Drahvin ships, the Ianto Jones leading the way. The UNIT vessels regrouped around the Valiant II and moved aside to allow the Torchwood vessels clear shots.

"You know this 'Jack Harkness', Doctor?" Jia'hale asked. 'She does recognise him,' she thought.

"Absolutely, he helped me defeat the Master more than once," the Doctor said.

Jia'hale shuddered, remembering the last time she and the other companions had helped the Doctor to thwart the Master's schemes. "That is good," she uttered.

"We have collaborated many times, besides," the Doctor said.

"I'd be willing to bet there are many stories behind that statement," Jia'hale said. 'So much so that it would take ages to tell them all, I'm sure.'

The Doctor just looked away, hoping that Harkness would not find out about Jia'hale's proclivity. 'That wouldn't be good at all,' he thought.

The Ianto Jones fired upon the nearest Drahvin vessels, destroying one and crippling two others. They were forced to land, their engines no longer providing them with sufficient lift to remain aloft.

The other Torchwood vessels launched fighters. These joined the UNIT fighters in attacking the Drahvin fighters.

Swarms of Torchwood fighters began knocking individual Drahvin fighters out of the sky, despite the best efforts of their pilots to avoid the weapons fire.

This strategy was very successful. Around ten percent of the Drahvin fighters were destroyed in the next five minutes.

Kellira could see that the Torchwood forces were much more effective than the UNIT forces had been.

"New Orders: Co-ordinate attack on individual ships. Take one out at a time. Attempt to board the Ianto Jones and the Valiant II. Capture the Doctor, the TARDIS and Captain-General Harkness. Take control of the vessels if possible. We are not going to loose!" Kellira shouted!

Her sub commanders immediately responded in the affirmative, not wanting their commander's rage to be directed at them.

The Drahvin vessels moved, attempting to carry out Kellira's orders. Most of the vessels converged on the TIV Gwen Cooper and fired. The Gwen Cooper's shields failed immediately, causing the vessel's destruction. The vessel's ruins rained down onto vacant countryside...

The other Torchwood vessels and a few UNIT ships returned fire upon the spacecraft that had fired the final shots at the Gwen Cooper. The craft were crippled, immediately falling out of the sky onto the sea shore, close to the city.

A fighter crashed onto the flight deck of the Ianto Jones, the pilot ejecting out before impact...

"Captain-General; there is an intruder on the flight deck," the commander of the Ianto Jones, Daniela Vale, said.

"Take command," Harkness commanded. "I will deal with her personally."

"Yes Sir," Vale said.
Harkness quickly left the bridge, a squad of security personnel behind him.

A group of Drahvin fighters was approaching the Valiant II.

The main group of vessels had moved on to another Torchwood vessel.

The Drahvin who had landed on the Ianto Jones flight deck entered a corridor. She could hear a group approaching. She knew that her quarry was approaching.

Another Torchwood vessel became debris, which rained down into the ocean.

"There she is Captain-General," one of the security personnel said, pointing out the intruder.

"Be prepared. Drahvins can be very dangerous," Harkness said.

"Noted, Captain-General."

Harkness took out an energy pistol, and charged the Drahvin intruder. He tried to hit her, but she was too good at dodging. 'Of course they have to be good at making evasive moves!' he thought.

She fired back, but Jack had moved aside. The shot harmlessly impacted a nearby bulkhead.
Jack fired again. This time the shot was closer. It almost singed her very tight hairstyle.

'If only their culture was one that did not emphasise conquest and Spartan ideals so much,' Jack thought. In other words, if the Drahvins were different, he would consider asking them out.

The soldier fired again: narrowly missing Jack, due to him jumping aside as he saw her pull the trigger.

Jack fired again, missing wildly due to the Drahvin making gymnastic evasive moves...

She fired again, this time grazing Jack's left bicep.

Jack clenched his jaw in pain and charged the intruder again... ...They both fired simulantaneously. They again missed each other. Holstering their weapons they began to fight with each other's fists, feet, teeth...

The Drahvin bit Jack on a bicep. "That's not fair!" Jack grunted. He then punched her in the gut.

"You are no match for a trained Drahvin soldier!" the soldier asserted, as she returned the gut punch with a martial arts move that had Jack pinned to the floor.

"I beg to differ!" Jack said. He kicked the Drahvin's legs out from beneath her, causing her to let go. He then leapt up and grabbed her by the wrist. "You are coming with me!" he said.

The soldier then jumped and landed on top of Jack's shoulders and started pummelling his chest...

He started running around, trying to ram her into a bulkhead. After approximately 20 seconds the Drahvin was knocked off his shoulders, but she immediately pushed him against the wall.

"You will lose!" she said.

"Oh, Really?" he asked.

"You are no match for a trained Drahvin soldier!"

"I beg to differ!" He said in a seductive tone.

"Your attempt at flirting will not work!" She took out her energy weapon, and would have shot Jack if he didn't kick it out of her hand.

"Didn't expect it to," Jack said, still in a seductive tone, bringing his foot that he had used to kick the gun out of her hand to roundhouse kick her in the back.

"Oof!" She collapsed.

Jack picked her up.'This is too easy.'

The soldier waited. Then she grabbed a nearby balustrade and waited for Jack to come closer. However, Jack had anticipated this strategy, and was prepared for the ensuing attack. Therefore it was not as damaging as it would have been otherwise, they then continued to fight, hands and feet.

However, soon Jack saw an advantage, and took it, twisting the soldier onto her back.

"You fool!" she said.

"You think!" Jack said.

The soldier had a clear shot, she took it.

A minute and a resurrection later, Harkness had captured the intruder.

"I was sure that you were dead!" the Drahvin soldier objected in astonishment.

"I was dead, but only for a short time. It is something I do not want to discuss with you," Harkness said. The soldier remained silent, staring at Harkness.

"Take her to the brig. I will be back on the command deck," Harkness said.

The soldier seethed as she was taken away. She began to plan her escape from her Torchwood captors...

More Drahvin fighters were destroyed by Torchwood missiles. A large group of Drahvin fighters approached the Valiant II.

"A large group of fighters is approaching this ship!" Franks said as he noticed their approach on the sensor board.

"On Screen," Anderson said. Immediately the tactical display changed to a swarm of fighters approaching the Valiant II.

'Evasive manoeuvres. Elevate. All gun turrets ready!" she commanded.

"Aye, sir."

The Valiant II began evasive manoeuvres, dodging the Drahvin weapons fire. It also began to rise higher and many gun emplacements around its perimeter came online.

As the fighters approached, the turrets opened fire. Some of the fighters were damaged and began to go out of control. However more continued their approach and opened fire...

"Report!" Anderson shouted as the Valiant II rocked a few times.

"Turrets 1 through 4 are offline. Turrets 6 through to 10 and 16 through to 21 are damaged and have a reduced rate of fire," Franks reported.

"Continue evasive manoeuvres," she said.

The Doctor stood by at the back of the Bridge. There had to be a way to stop this bloodshed...

A group of Torchwood and UNIT fighters moved in and engaged the fighters that were attempting to zerg-rush the Valiant II.

Three Drahvin fighters penetrated the defences and landed on the Valiant II's flight deck.

An alert sounded on the bridge of the Valiant II.

"Three Drahvins have landed on the flight deck. Security are moving in to respond," Franks said.

"Keep me appraised," Anderson said.
"Yes, Ma'am," Franks said.

"We have to do something, Doctor!" Jia'hale expressed. 'I can't just stand by and let the Drahvins attempt to take over this ship!' she thought.

"Yes, we do," the Doctor said.

"So, what do we do?" Sabir asked.

"Jia, you and Sigrid can go out and try to stop the intruders getting to the bridge," the Doctor said, using her nickname for Sigrun.

"Yes, Doctor," Jia'hale said. She and Sigrun then left the bridge to ensure that the Drahvins wouldn't make it to the bridge.

"Are you sure that was a good idea?" Daniel asked.

"Do you have a better idea? Sigrid and Jia'hale can handle themselves!" the Doctor said.

"I hope so," Daniel uttered.

"They are quite capable of handling themselves," Sabir said.

Sigrun and Jia'hale crept along the corridors of the Valiant II. They could see the Drahvin boarders approaching.

'Let's do this,' Jia'hale thought. She signalled Sigrun and then the two of them moved out of the shadows and into the sight of the Drahvins.

"Looking for someone?" Sigrun asked rhetorically.

The Drahvins all fired, but Sigrun and Jia'hale had leapt back into their hiding places when Sigrun had finished asking her question.

"That was a mistake," the leader of the three Drahvin intruders said.

'Oh really?' Jia'hale thought. She then listened to the Drahvins' steps and prepared to leap out when they passed.

'One, two, three!' Sigrun thought as she prepared to leap out at the Drahvins.

They jumped out, and surprised the two closet Drahvins, who were knocked to the floor. That didn't stop their companions from firing. Both Jia'hale and Sigrun withdrew again.

"That was pointless," one of the soldiers

"Not pointless," Jia'hale said in a taunting tone.

The soldiers fired past Jia'hale's cover. "They're closer now," she said.

"I know," Sigrun said.

They waited another few moments and then jumped out again. Two more Drahvins fell to the floor. However, the Drahvins were growing wise to their strategy. They were holding back. "We'll have to withdraw," Sigrun said quietly.

Jia'hale nodded. They waited and then withdrew, back towards the bridge.

Not all the way. There was another corridor intersection. But only one. "I don't like these odds," Sigrun said.

"I know there are a lot more of them!" Jia'hale said. "But we can delay them and survive."

"A bit difficult," Sigrun groused, as she saw the Drahvin soldiers approach again.

"I know you are there," the commander of the boarders stated.

Jia'hale remained silent, but waited for the soldiers to approach. She didn't have to wait for long. When they cautiously reached their position, both she and Sigrun leapt out again, and managed to kick the guns out of the hands of the soldiers in the lead. Both then attempted to punch the two of them, but they had withdrawn into the side corridors.

"Shall we pursue?" one of the soldiers asked.

"No," the commander replied. "We continue to the bridge."

'Oops!' Jia'hale thought.

Back on the Bridge, the Doctor could see that her companions had been bypassed. 'Good try,' she thought.

"What do we do now?" Daniel asked.

"They can still delay the boarders," the Doctor said.

"But probably not enough," Anderson groused.

The Doctor approached the door. "And there are still ways to deny them access to this bridge."

That was enough to give Anderson encouragement. "You're right. We can set up some traps," she said.

"I'll examine the bulkhead, and see if traps could be concealed that way."

"There may be other ways."

"Of course," the Doctor said. She took out the sonic screwdriver and used it to scan the bulkhead.

Jia'hale followed the boarders, with Sigrun close behind. They could still help the Doctor and the others. However, two stayed behind to delay them. 'I hope they can be dealt with quickly,' she thought. She paused, allowing Sigrun to catch up. "We have to take them out quickly," she said quietly.

Sigrun nodded, as the two straggling Drahvins approached them again.

"You've lost, admit it."

"We haven't."

"Yes you have."

"We haven't. We're still standing."

"You haven't a chance against us." The two Drahvins then brandished their weapons.

The Valiant II shook as more Drahvin weapons fire hit it. "They're clearly impatient," the Doctor commented.

"That they would fire while boarding parties are still on board? They probably think they were defeated," Anderson commented.

"Quite likely," the Doctor said. The ship shook again.

"Kellira's hailing again," Franks reported.

"Let's here it," Anderson ordered.

"Are you going to surrender, Doctor?"

"No!" the Doctor answered.

"Torchwood was a surprise, but we're winning."

The Doctor called up a tactical display. She could see that the Drahvins did indeed have the advantage for the moment. However, she could also see that additional UNIT and Torchwood forces were on the way. "Probably," she said.

"More than 'probably,' Doctor!" Kellira said, her words full of arrogance. "We will achieve our objective."

'If only I could use her arrogance against her.'

Jia'hale and Sigrun had knocked out the two Drahvin boarders. "That's done," Sigrun said.
"But there are sure to be others," Jia'hale objected.

"We need to check in back at the Bridge."

"We'll do that first."

Back at the Bridge, the Doctor turned back to Anderson. Before she could say anything, the Valiant II shook again. "A feint," she said.

"A feint?" Anderson asked.

"A pretence," the Doctor answered. "We pretend the Valiant II is more damaged than it actually is."

Anderson gave a smirk "That may work." She was interrupted by another shake. "But we should do it soon."

"Of course."

"Damage report," Anderson ordered.

"Little damage to the superstructure."

"Feign damage to an engine, reduce power by 10%."

"Is that advisable?" Daniel asked.

"Not really," Anderson said.

Kellira saw the Valiant II listing. UNIT was almost defeated, and the Torchwood fleet would soon follow them. "Surround that ship!"

"Aye Commander."

"The Drahvin ships are moving," Anderson said.

"They're surrounding us," the Doctor noted as she looked at the tactical display.

"Prepare to fire at Kellira's ship," Anderson ordered.

"Wait," the Doctor directed.

"What?" Anderson asked.

"Getting a message from Harkness."

"And?"

"The Ianto Jones is moving into position."

"Tell me when they're ready."

Interlude 1 – Cloister Bell
In the TARDIS (Travelling through the Vortex)

After the Doctor, and her companions (with the help of UNIT and Torchwood), had defeated the Drahvins, the Doctor, as usual, didn't stay around to mop up in the aftermath of the invasion. She and her companions had hurried back to the TARDIS and left the Azores.
The Doctor knew that the TARDIS would go off course again, so she had set a random course. She had charged out of the console room into the corridors, leaving her companions. Daniel glanced at the indicators. From what he understood, the TARDIS was again going off course from the random trajectory that the Doctor had set. "I wonder where we are going now?" he wondered. He then saw Jia'hale heading off into the corridors also.

"I will be in the bathroom if you need me," she said, as she ran off. She wanted to strip off her clothes and relax.

"Of course she would be," Daniel said.

"She had a very rough time of it this time Daniel!" Sabir said, then thought, 'I would too if I had fought those Amazons.'

"I suppose so," Daniel said, then left the console room.

"I have had a difficult time also," Felicia said.

"All of us have had a difficult time," Sabir said. She pondered. It wasn't just today either. It has been a busy week, or two.

"Definitely," Sigrun said.

Felicia left the console room after Jia'hale.

"What do you think that the TARDIS was trying to tell Felicia when we arrived in the Azores?" Sigrun asked.

"No idea, it could be anything, but whatever it is it would be private," Sabir replied.

"I agree," Daniel said. Being a private person himself, he didn't like it when Sigrun pried into others affairs. Not that she did that all too often, just mostly after rather dangerous adventures...

"It could turn out to be important," Sigrun said indignantly 'If the TARDIS told me something, I would tell the others, especially the Doctor.'

"It possibly could be, but then it would be the Doctor's business, not ours," Daniel said.

"I suppose so," Sigrun said.

Felicia had gone to the library. She was looking for records of the Doctor's earlier adventures that had been recorded by historians. She was certain that she would have collected some of that information. She decided to start with an encyclopaedia.

Jia'hale was now relaxing in the bathroom. 'This is what I like after a day of chasing after Drahvins, and Terileptils,' she thought. She began to think about what she would do when she managed to get back home. Maybe she would finally tell her family about her travels in the TARDIS...

The Doctor was deep in the TARDIS. She was replacing the storage device with the Time Lord AI's back where it had come from. She hoped that he would never need to use it again, yet she knew that something would eventually happen that would require her to use it again...

In the console room, Sigrun and Daniel were still arguing about whether they needed to know what the TARDIS was trying to tell Felicia.

"I don't think we do need to know, Sigrun." Daniel said.

Sabir was trying not to pay attention to their argument whilst watching the console instrumentation. She noticed that the TARDIS was indeed going off course. Could there be a pattern to the changes...
He noticed that the TARDIS was now heading away from Earth, towards The Library, which he knew wasn't right. As much as she liked the largest Library in the Universe, and enjoyed talking to CAL, Sabir didn't want to think about what might be wrong there now...

"...If we don't know, we might get killed or something," Sigrun said.

"Or the reverse may happen..." Daniel said.

"Possibly, but it's better to know!"

Daniel rolled his eyes.

Felicia was reading an encyclopedia article...

Reports of this figure are often contradictory, with different faces and companions being reported. One consistant aspect, however, is the presence of a strange blue box being reported at most locations where the Doctor has been spotted.
What else is consistent, is that the Doctor is most often accompanied by a young female travelling companion, even though it is often a different person (or persons) each time.

'Well that's obvious,' Felicia thought.

"This is strange," Sabir said.

"What is?" Sigrun asked after Daniel had left the room in a huff. She knew that she would win the arguement.

"The TARDIS is going beserk, usually the course changes are slight, but it is going all over the Milky Way!" Sabir exclaimed.

"I suppose that there must be a reason?" Sigrun pondered. "There has to be! The TARDIS can't be doing it just for fun!"

"Your guess is as good as mine, first it was headed to Arles in 1914, then to Trenzalore, then back to Earth, in orbit early in 2005, and now it is headed to somewhere called the Medusa Cascade," Sabir reported.

That got Sigrun's attention. Something was certainly up. "Any information on what that is supposed to be?" she asked.

"None, I can't get anything on it. It's either in a restricted data storage area, or it the TARDIS hasn't got any information on it."

"It's most likely the former," Sigrun suggested

."I guess so."

Felicia was still in the TARDIS library, there was information about the Doctor's past activities, but it was scarce. "Lets see, I think Shakespeare met the Doctor at some point,"
She mused as she entered the aisle with information on the famous playwright.
The Doctor had placed the storage device back where it was, and was now heading back to the console room. She had to figure out why the TARDIS wanted to go off course.

She had been thinking about it almost from the time when it started, but he couldn't come to a conclusion that satisfied her curiosity.

"It is changing again," Sabir said.

"Where we going now?" Sigrun asked. She was sick of the apparently random changes. She knew that some of the destinations didn't make sense.

"Somewhere called the Pharos Project," Sabir said.
"Better than Androzani Minor, anyway." That was Daniel who had reentered the console room after a spell of boredom.

"How would you know that?" Sigrun asked.

"The Doctor, Sabir, Felicia and I went there some time, prior to meeting Jia'hale," Daniel said.

"Okay, how did you find the place?" Sigrun asked, thinking about the planet's interesting name.

"It was very dull," Daniel said, as he left the console room again.

"Okay," Sigrun said.

The Doctor was approaching the console room. She could hear the companions there discussing the course changes.

"The TARDIS is now heading to Antarctica in 1986," Sabir said.

The Doctor hurried into the console room. Her curiosity had been piqued when she had heard what the destination was. She thought that it may not have been a coincidence that the TARDIS was going there.

"Where has the TARDIS been heading?" the Doctor asked.

"She has been heading randomly all over the Milky Way," Sabir said.
"Sabir has written down all the destinations. She thinks that the pattern may mean something," Sigrun said, handing over the list which Sabir had written to the Doctor.

She read the list:

Arles, 25th December 1914

Trenzalore

Berlin, 1938

Earth Orbit, 1 January 2005

The Medusa Cascade

Earth Orbit, 10000

Antarctica 1986

A grave expression came over her face.

"What is the matter?" Sabir asked.

"This is not a random list of destinations. These are the times and places where I regenerated. All of them," the Doctor said. 'What could this mean? What is she trying to tell me?' she thought. She wasn't sure what message the TARDIS was trying to communicate by setting courses to those destinations.

"In order?" Sabir asked.

"In reverse order," the Doctor said.

"What could that mean?" Sabir asked. 'Why would the TARDIS set a course to those places?' he thought.

"Doctor! Sabir! The TARDIS has changed course again," Sigrun said. The Doctor went to the console.

"Strange, I thought it would attempt to go to Gallifrey," the Doctor said, certain that the next destination would be her initiation at the Untempered Schism.

Sabir also looked at the console. "Intercept course plotted? What does that mean?" he asked. He couldn't think of anything that the TARDIS could possibly be intercepting in the vortex. Absolutely nothing.

"I have no idea," the Doctor said. Then the Cloister Bell began to toll!

"Is it intercepting something dangerous, Doctor?" Sabir asked.

"That is a possibility. There may be something out there that it was warning Elisa about. Though why her and not me, I am not sure," the Doctor said.

"Are you sure that the TARDIS was warning her about something?" Sigrun asked.

"Yes," the Doctor said.

"What is going wrong now?" Felicia asked when she heard the Cloister Bell.
She left the library and ran towards the console room. 'Is this what the TARDIS was warning me about prior to the Drahvins?' she thought.
After a moment of reflection she realised that it wasn't, because it didn't feel like whatever the TARDIS was warning her about. What could it be?

The Doctor was pacing the console room, trying to think. An alarm sounded from the console.

"Doctor!" Sabir said, in agitation. The Doctor leapt over to the console, wondering what it was that agitated Sabir so.

"Anomaly detected in Corridor 11-A. That can't be right!" she said. She couldn't think of any occurrence when an anomaly had been detected within the TARDIS corridors...

"Doctor, according to the current Architectural Configuration, that location is between here and the library," Sabir said.

"Elisa!" the Doctor realised. "Sigrid, stay here and watch the console. Sab, come with me," she continued.

Daniel had heard the Cloister Bell from his room, which was close to the console room. "What is going on now?" he asked no one in particular. He knew that something was happening. 'The TARDIS in danger? For a vessel that was built by one of the most advanced civilisations in the universe, it sure gets in danger a lot,' he mused. He wondered what the danger was going to be.
He ran out of the room.

Jia'hale leapt out of the bath as she heard the Cloister Bell ring. 'The TARDIS is in danger!' she thought. She ran out of the bathroom, not even bothering to wipe herself off, or to put anything on for that matter...
She knew that there was no time, absolutely no time. Every second may be of the essence... She turned a corner towards the console room.
Felicia ran out of the library and into a corridor. Then she noticed the Anomaly!
It was a large swirling mass that took up most of the space of a 'courtyard' at the intersection of two corridors. She could see beyond it, but she knew that it blocked her path.
"That is not good!" she said. She started crying out for the Doctor.

The Doctor and Sabir heard Felicia's cries of "Doctor! Doctor!

"This way!" the Doctor said. They rounded a corner, almost crashing into Daniel as she entered the corridor from a different direction. They then saw the Anomaly and Felicia, who was frightened out of her wits, behind it.

Felicia saw the Doctor, Sabir and Daniel enter the corridor on the other side. Suddenly a wind picked up and began pushing her towards the Anomaly! She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Upon hearing Felicia's screams Jia'hale bounded onto the scene, almost crashing into Daniel.
"Jia'hale! This is not the time for your exhibitionism!" he said. She looked totally ridiculous, and definitely distracting.

"This is exactly the time!" she retorted, even though she thought of herself as a naturist, rather than an exhibitionist. Felicia screamed again.

"That is enough you two!" the Doctor said, her eyes on the Anomaly, and Felicia. She got out the sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the Anomaly. But there was no information forthcoming...

Felicia had grabbed a hold of a roundel, but she was loosing her grip! She struggled to keep that hold, but lost it causing her to fall into the Anomaly. She had no idea where she would end up.

"ELISA!" the Doctor screamed. She tried to run forwards, but Sabir and Jia'hale held her back.

"Doctor!" Sabir said as he and Jia'hale grabbed her.

The Doctor's mind was flooded with questions: Where does it lead? What has happened to her? Why is this happening?

Felicia screamed as she fell into the Anomaly, disappearing in an instant.

The Anomaly then rapidly vanished, and the Cloister Bell stopped tolling.
"What now? She is gone!" Sabir said. 'How can we get her back?' he wondered in alarm.

"I have no idea," the Doctor said. They then heard Sigrun running towards them. She soon came up to them.

"Doctor, Doctor! Shortly before the Cloister Bell stopped ringing the TARDIS detected another TARDIS very close by," she said.

"What happened?" Daniel asked.

"Of course! Thankyou Sigrid. Elisa is not lost. I know where to find her," the Doctor said. She immediately set off back towards the console room.

"What does that mean?" Jia'hale asked.

"I am not leaping to conclusions!" Sabir said. 'Best not to worry over speculations,' she thought.

"Let's find out," Sigrun said.

"Sure," Sabir said.

"I hope we do!" Jia'hale said. She followed her fellow companions as she brushed off the water remaining on her person.

Back
Top Bottom