What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. Manhattan vs. Madoka Kaname

Sailorpizza

No Caption Provided Rules
  • In character for both sides.
  • random encounter
  • Win by OHKO,Incap and kill
  • Standard Gear/equipment/weapons
  • Both sides with feats from DC's rebirth and Puella Magi Madoka Magica's anime
  • Begin 30 meters apart
  • The fight takes place here;
No Caption Provided
Bonus.
Devil Homura vs Dr.Manhattan with same rules above

Lol what? Madoka doesn't have near the feats to so much as scratch this dude.

Alright, let's see... A guy whom has mopped the floor with the vast majority of DC's cast, from magic to pseudoscience, reality warpers and illusionists... Vs a gal whom hasn't had any feats putting them anywhere near the scale needed to take out 1 universe, let alone a multiverse.

Err, are we talking about Madoka or Madokami, because if it's the latter, well... she kinda, sorta is another thing entirely. I mean:
She pretty much is atemporal and rewrote the entirety of her timeline in one go, becoming not only a deity, but a conceptual deity whose existence is literally the result of her pwning her paradox, a spell that binds her for the past, present and future of the entire universe.
Madoka? Yeah, no question, if the Doc decides to turn her into vapour, it's over and done. Madokami? How in hell is there supposed to be a battle anyway? And considering the OP had a bonus round with Devil Homur, I do believe we're talking about Madokami.

Yeah, rewriting timelines and besting conceptual deities isn't going to be an issue for Dr Manhattan as he completely reset the DC multiverse into what would become the N52 and has outright erased many of the New Gods avatars simply for being an annoyance. Hell, he's been alluded to as being more powerful than a Mr Mxyl'.

Last edited:
Err, are we talking about Madoka or Madokami, because if it's the latter, well... she kinda, sorta is another thing entirely. I mean:
She pretty much is atemporal and rewrote the entirety of her timeline in one go, becoming not only a deity, but a conceptual deity whose existence is literally the result of her pwning her paradox, a spell that binds her for the past, present and future of the entire universe.
Madoka? Yeah, no question, if the Doc decides to turn her into vapour, it's over and done. Madokami? How in hell is there supposed to be a battle anyway? And considering the OP had a bonus round with Devil Homur, I do believe we're talking about Madokami.

I'm talking about Madokami

Yeah, rewriting timelines and besting conceptual deities isn't going to be an issue for Dr Manhattan as he completely reset the DC multiverse into what would become the N52 and has outright erased many of the New Gods avatars simply for being an annoyance. Hell, he's been alluded to as being more powerful than a Mr Mxyl'.

I will forever be astonished by comics writers' tendency to do a Lensman Arms Race with their characters, and this kind of stuff pretty much reminds me why I'll probably never get into this genre. The whole thing sounds like the writers tend to be even more radical in power escalation than TTGL's, but taking themselves seriously while doing so.

I will forever be astonished by comics writers' tendency to do a Lensman Arms Race with their characters, and this kind of stuff pretty much reminds me why I'll probably never get into this genre. The whole thing sounds like the writers tend to be even more radical in power escalation than TTGL's, but taking themselves seriously while doing so.
Ye, Doomsday Clock has essentially been one massive "wank" of Dr. Manhattan essentially. If his origins were different I could forgive it, but the fact he was made by "Cold War era" tech just makes me go 😬

Ye, Doomsday Clock has essentially been one massive "wank" of Dr. Manhattan essentially. If his origins were different I could forgive it, but the fact he was made by "Cold War era" tech just makes me go 😬
TBH, it was a grim reminder that comic books tend to have universal and multiversal threats dime a dozen. Doesn't it make the whole thing boring for readers at some point?

TBH, it was a grim reminder that comic books tend to have universal and multiversal threats dime a dozen.
More planetary or civilisation crippling, the universal stuff is much less common in general terms.

Doesn't it make the whole thing boring for readers at some point?
Strangely from what I have seen people seem to like it when one character goes on to be a super threat, though there is a notable gap between these comics, sometimes, see Marvel consistently making X kills the universe comics. Though this might be early bird hype or what not.

More planetary or civilisation crippling, the universal stuff is much less common in general terms.

Strangely from what I have seen people seem to like it when one character goes on to be a super threat, though there is a notable gap between these comics, sometimes, see Marvel consistently making X kills the universe comics. Though this might be early bird hype or what not.
It's... heh, to each their own, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom