What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dune (2020)

Alias

Bean Daddy
Wonder how weird it will be compared to the original.

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
Communism
I laugh, because everyone was all hyped about Tenet, and it ended up being... OK.

This. This is what I have been waiting for. This better do well enough that there are sequels. We need this franchise of "also starring: Duncan Idaho".

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
I dunno...Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho is cool and all but it's kinda sad to see Bro-moa dead halfway through the movie.

He'd make a better Gurney Halleck in my mind, what with his wild child act.

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
Communism
I dunno...Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho is cool and all but it's kinda sad to see Bro-moa dead halfway through the movie.

He'd make a better Gurney Halleck in my mind, what with his wild child act.
Duncan Ida-bro.

But, you see, this is actually genius! He leaves for a while, and then he reappears again and again as a ghola! A Bro-la, as it were.

The saga spans thousands of years, it is nice to have a good actor to rely on for binding that all together.

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
Communism
One is made by a good director, the other is made by Nolan.
He shares the ability of Shyamalan to say, "Look at me! I am being SUBTLE and DEEP!", but is still good with cinematography. Unfortunately, people are drawn more to the visuals and have built their cult around that, much like how they have done with Cameron.

Nolan has made some good movies, but is not as perfect as some like to portray him. A Dune movie by him would likely be sub-Lynch and still beloved by millions because pretty pretty. I much prefer what is happening here.

IndyFront

Ξ⌊:Ξ≪⊕ `∧∀⊥∥'⌊: ∀∃∃∀⌊:⊕⌈≪⌊:⊕Γ.
Author
I like Memento. Honestly when I saw the trailer for Tenet I didn't think "Inception" I thought of Memento with its weird sideways-backwards timeline and it felt like he was trying to force another Memento tbh.

This looks good but not as good as the original imo, although that may be due to having a weaksauce trailer

Last edited:
Top Bottom