What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Europe News

The US and its allies really aren't going to let up on Lukashenko aren't they?
Ah, it's just talk by now IMO... considering what's going on with Ukraine, I doubt the US or EU would go for increased tensions in Belarus. Maybe Poland or Latvia will try something separate, but most likely that will be all.

Ah, it's just talk by now IMO... considering what's going on with Ukraine, I doubt the US or EU would go for increased tensions in Belarus. Maybe Poland or Latvia will try something separate, but most likely that will be all.
Well Lithuania is screaming bloody murder over the refugees. Then again, given how the Balts, Ukrainians and Poles (probably Americans, Swedes and Brits) have approached this, eh... I wonder if it is too late for diplomacy for that. The bridge got burnt to the ground.

Well Lithuania is screaming bloody murder over the refugees. Then again, given how the Balts, Ukrainians and Poles (probably Americans, Swedes and Brits) have approached this, eh... I wonder if it is too late for diplomacy for that. The bridge got burnt to the ground.
It's definitely too late. You know, they badly miscalculated with Lukashenko. They got accustomed to Putin's calculated patience and Yanukovich's quick betrayal of everything he was supposed to defend once his wealth was threatened. Luki is... different. Neither will he give up his country - because his country is his wealth (literally, the guy and his extended family own maybe 50% of Belarus), neither is he bound to take into consideration the foreign trade interests of large businessmen, like Putin is. So Luki is free to lash out and troll them any way he can - and he has just the character for it :)

Ukraine demonstrates that it's impossible to take over a government building by force if no one inside of the building gives even the slightest bit of a crap.

In the Cabinet Minister Building in Kiev, pretty much the only thing that's happened in response to a person threatening to let go of a grenade is that someone started filming them on a cell-phone while trying to convince them to put the pin back in. Everyone else goes around ignoring his screaming about a building takeover. Grenade, schmenade—people got work to do. Eventually, the police talked him down and arrested him.

Bizarre. A level of apathy so advanced that someone waving an unpinned grenade around and ranting about blowing things up is just an inconvenient annoyance at best.

Didn't some Azov or some of the associated white head goons also threatened buildings with grenades before?
There were some incidents like this, e.g. there was a similar incident almost exactly a year ago. This guy is a veteran sniper from one of the ATO battalions (Aidar).

Well, just about every country has some armed incident every once in a while. But seldom is there a reaction like 'some terrorist yelling about letting go of a grenade... le meh; I guess I'll have to squeeze by.'

Last edited:
Ukraine demonstrates that it's impossible to take over a government building by force if no one inside of the building gives even the slightest bit of a crap.

In the Cabinet Minister Building in Kiev, pretty much the only thing that's happened in response to a person threatening to let go of a grenade is that someone started filming them on a cell-phone while trying to convince them to put the pin back in. Everyone else goes around ignoring his screaming about a building takeover. Grenade, schmenade—people got work to do. Eventually, the police talked him down and arrested him.

Bizarre. A level of apathy so advanced that someone waving an unpinned grenade around and ranting about blowing things up is just an inconvenient annoyance at best.

Just antother day in the office. That's why.

Interesting news: Меркель 20 августа посетит Москву - Международная панорама - ТАСС
It seems that Angela Merkel, before visiting Zelensky in Kiev on August 22, will first talk to Putin in Moscow, on August 20.
Ze is then supposed to go to see Biden in Washington, on August 30 (unless this meeting will be canceled by the US side at the last moment).
That is after the June meeting between Biden and Putin, and July meeting between Merkel and Biden.

But no, nothing serious is going on... :ROFLMAO:

They also apparently want the US to station troops on their soil.

Can't seem to take a hint apparently.
You know, they want to turn to China, then they want to gain nuclear status... it's all just a show aimed to hide the fact that they can't solve a single real problem. And the same goes for US (NATO) troops. NATO will not create permanent bases in Ukraine, because it would lead to local conflict with Russia, and nobody will go into that kind of conflict for Ukraine. That is not what Ukraine is good for.

You know, they want to turn to China, then they want to gain nuclear status... it's all just a show aimed to hide the fact that they can't solve a single real problem. And the same goes for US (NATO) troops. NATO will not create permanent bases in Ukraine, because it would lead to local conflict with Russia, and nobody will go into that kind of conflict for Ukraine. That is not what Ukraine is good for.

Besides NATO charter nor EU one does not let inclusion of states that are during war or have unsettled relations with their neighbours, not to mention internal.

And in other news, there are migrants at the gates!

Our Dear rulers, as always are playing to incite fear for higher support bars.
And now we are building wall on the border.
Amids UNHCR reminders about treaties Poland adopted.
And media of course overblow it to the proportions of the Kamieniec Podolski being besieged by Turks.

Once again a crisis happens and whole deficiencies, particularisms and stupidity cames out with everyone doing everything in their power to not adress the real problems or to solve anything.

Well. Say what we want about Lukashenko, he does know how to push the EU's levers and go for the jugular.

Thing absolutely no one tries to even mention is the fact that the whole COVID and now politicisation of the disputes in the near border reagion basically destroyed the economy in North-East Poland. Closed border means domino-effect for the whole region, but, as I have recently have heard from economists from Capital, it is all fault of the people who are lazy and cannot adjust. The same person never ever have taken into consideration question of public health and it's impact on economy. To make it even more funny, it have taken place at the dawn of the Pandemy.

Also the most underlying problem are not skills of Baćko but no-skills or forsight displayed by the decision makers of his target, ie. Poland. Current government once again shows that it does not know how to do something more than public opinion shaping campaing. And the most terryfying thing is that it is working, providing them another most likely term in the office, at the cost of the international parias state and happy economical averageness.

I am not sure how Poland will like under another PiS government for another 4 years... It has changed a lot as it is.

Well, imagine something like worse governed Belarus or in worst case Noth Korea.
Statues of Dear Leader and cult of personality is alredy established. Now do I wonder if they will start raising statues to honor his cat?

And as paradoxically as it sounds, Vegas film "Politics" actually have nailed the real problems of our political system.

Well, imagine something like worse governed Belarus or in worst case Noth Korea.
Statues of Dear Leader and cult of personality is alredy established. Now do I wonder if they will start raising statues to honor his cat?

And as paradoxically as it sounds, Vegas film "Politics" actually have nailed the real problems of our political system.
Sometimes I'm surprised Jarosław Kaczyński hasn't proclaimed himself king but I guess he's OK with ruling as a shadow one.

Sometimes I'm surprised Jarosław Kaczyński hasn't proclaimed himself king but I guess he's OK with ruling as a shadow one.

Rydzyk was oficially proclaimed as Spiritual Leader. Ducson sees himself as next Marshall.
Also remember that nowadays it is war between Solidarność and KOR. And given what folders say about especially latter, one can marvel on accuracy of analysis, and came to conclusion that in the past the hand was too light actually.

NEWS

Becouse of so called migration crisis on the Polish-Belarussian border, Polish government wants to declate State of Emrgency in the border belt, for 30 days.

Given what is happening here, it is an attempt of diversion of public opinion from reckless and irrational handling by the matter by the Polish side.

Polish Republic's President will heave to sign it, which I seriously whish he will not be a Pen he is thought to be and he will not sign that.

(what is happening on the border is not even approaching the level mandating introduction)

FLASH FLASH FLASH

President of Rebublic of Poland have signed the bill introducing State of Emergnecy in the Polish - Belorussian border belt.

More to follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom