What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Europe News

If this hasn't been posted earlier, the CIA apparently had a covert program to train Ukrainian forces including use of western hardware:

Article:

If this hasn't been posted earlier, the CIA apparently had a covert program to train Ukrainian forces including use of western hardware:

Article:

Here's hoping the training goes well. Sorry, it's just the notion CIA training paramilitary is enough to give me wiilies.

*Remember the most infamous CIA trained peoples that popped up in the last decades*

Last edited:
Correct me please if i´m wrong, but before opening to the west, Russia or in this case the Soviet Union had their own computer systems including Data Storage systems.
I´ve found a very interesting article about that some time ago....

Taking aside my cynical comment, i wouldn´t be surprised if russia will try to revitalise that systems...

Hahaha nope. Those systems were a tad obsolete by the standards of the day, incompatible by the current ones, and long-long dead. The amount of data storage needed in 2022 is literally an science fiction by the standards of the 80s.

I wonder, how do they want to reach those nations...
They cannot go by land or air because this would cause a reaction by nato, so if they not invented a Teleporter then this is just hot air.
Hmm, how likely is it that they gonna fire from their own territory to reach those nations ???
Teleporting Russians, or if I want to be cynical, let the collaborant Hungarian government let them through our airspace. The drone that crashed in Croatia flew through our airspace for 40 minutes, without anyone doing anything about it last week.

I'm womdering at what point Russia will just start issuing demands towards to other countries to surrender and provide tribute or be nuked. It honestly feels like Putin's heading in that direction.

I'm womdering at what point Russia will just start issuing demands towards to other countries to surrender and provide tribute or be nuked. It honestly feels like Putin's heading in that direction.
Go on telegram and other non-English speaking sources. Yes, you would likely be reduced to using google translate headache-inducing level of grammar, but it would be interesting.
A dose of propaganda that runs contrary to the 99% of the things our media is saying puts things into perspective.

Why saying it now? I doubt this call means anything unless Xi officially started hammering Russia's policy.
And that is a thing that Xi is not going to do soon.
For now, the best move for China is to stay out of the conflict.
That way doesn't enrage is provider of raw materials (Russia) and is export market (US and EU).
China is only (if) going to take a position when a decisive result is achieved on this conflict. Right now, is too soon.

I'm pounding the gavel, Russia just lost the war
From the article:

"The world is neither peaceful nor tranquil," Xi reportedly said to Biden, and "the Ukraine crisis is not something we want to see."

"conflict and confrontation are not in anyone's interest, and peace and security are what the international community should treasure the most."

"must not only lead the development of China-US relations on the right track, but also shoulder our due international responsibilities and make efforts for world peace and tranquility."

"China is not a party to the crisis, nor does it want the sanctions to affect China,"

I see doublespeak.
"Talk a lot say little." that is a saying or a variation on one.
This article basically said Xi said nothing.

With Russia undersanctions and China buying its oil at below market prices(something the Head of Economics at SGH university said today in a Radio Kampus interview)* it is actually quite profitable for the Chinese to keep things going as they are.

*Source interview is in polish. They don't have an archive on their website so it will only be there for a week.

Well, besides Taiwan (which is a touchy subject matter), China surely prefers to avoid being dragged into an ongoing conflict. And historically, China always preferred diplomacy over brute force (that includes sanction). So, it isn't surprising to see Xi trying to stay out of this whole thing. As long as they can stay out of it, they will.

Well, besides Taiwan which is a touchy subject matter, China surely prefers to avoid being dragged into an ongoing conflict and historically, China always preferred diplomacy over brute force. So, it isn't surprising to see Xi trying to stay out of this whole thing.
Also, he doesn't like the West, but Russia has "dangerously erratic and going nowhere good" written all over it. And it's not like Putin would feel any obligation to return any favors given or keep his side of a deal.

"Let them fight" is probably the best option for Xi right now.

Nations don't have friends, only interests.
For China with this war, Russia is getting its position weaker in relation to China and China doesn't need to move a finger.
Next negotiation on prices is going to be better for China, no doubt, with Russia more dependent on more items from China.
If well played, and China is one of the few nations that plan a medium and long term, they are going to profit a lot.
They just don't need to anger the West, but for that, they only need to say some platitudes and really, don't need to do anything.
As the phrase goes - profit. Without any real cost.

Nations don't have friends, only interests.
For China with this war, Russia is getting its position weaker in relation to China and China doesn't need to move a finger.
Next negotiation on prices is going to be better for China, no doubt, with Russia more dependent on more items from China.
If well played, and China is one of the few nations that plan a medium and long term, they are going to profit a lot.
They just don't need to anger the West, but for that, they only need to say some platitudes and really, don't need to do anything.
As the phrase goes - profit. Without any real cost.
Well since the world is basically united against Russia barring some stragglers, if China made any aggressive moves on Russia it would be praised for doing so at this point (and understandably so)
Why saying it now? I doubt this call means anything unless Xi officially started hammering Russia's policy.
Because Russia is now officially surrounded by three potentially-hostile superpowers, if counting the EU as a single unit

Well since the world is basically united against Russia barring some stragglers...

Just look at a world map and see the nations that are united against Russia and the ones that don't care. Hint, the group that doesn't care is way bigger.

Just look at a world map and see the nations that are united against Russia and the ones that don't care. Hint, the group that doesn't care is way bigger.
I'm pretty sure that just because they haven't made it official doesn't mean they aren't silently thinking "oh wow fuck this guy" behind closed doors.
EDIT: And there's also.... yknow... the whole UN general assembly vote...

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that just because they haven't made it official doesn't mean they aren't silently thinking "oh wow fuck this guy" behind closed doors.
Nah, many say - This time is Russia doing what the US and friends do every time. Again - Nations don't care, only for their interests. Nothing more, nothing less.

The problem is if we look at it objectively this was and is Russian Federation external politics since the Yeltsin era.
RF was doing what it is currently doing for the last 30 years or even longer. They invaded Chechenia, nothing happened, they invaded, Georgia, nothing happened, they supported Assad, nothing happened.
Now they invading Ukraine, and nothing is happening. Not really.
The weapons supplies Ukraine is getting from the US or paid for with US's money, are nothing new. Georgia had per capita higher US military funding than Israel at the time did.
The sanctions sort of work, but considering out of the countries that are implementing them only Germany is a large importer of Russian products and that is still not sanctioned. India and China the two largest Russian petroleum importers are still buying from them.

So to everybody saying Putin has become insane/irrational/erratic/dangerous or changed his tactics. No, he didn't. He always was dangerous, even back in 1999 when he had a very modest deck in his hand, he sent a warship to Adriatic and deployed a small group of troops to the Pristina International Airport to hold it. If anything the man is doing the exact thing he was doing for years. Ukraine is just the biggest target he ever put his crosshairs on.
The world's media is flip-flopping on the man. They made him a rockstar, now they made him the big bad. He never changed.

My point is that what we are hearing is not the whole picture.

Also to illustrate how problematic saying the world is united versus Russia, have a map.

q7p35oq59t771.jpg

This is the map of the international community. It is only a part of the world, and not even the largest or even the most populous one, it is only the richest.

So to anyone thinking that we are winning. No, we are not. We are paying with money, and the Ukrainians are paying with blood.

We are not doing enough!

PS:I didn't make that map. It is missing Greenland.

Enough ranting:
An Global Times article about the China-US talks.

Last edited:
How the hell do you take from that article that China is hostile to Russia?
Why would China trade in its VASTLY superior trade with the west for a backwater like Russia? Russia is fucked imo

Also I said potentially-hostile, not hostile.

Back
Top Bottom