What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Europe News

@Eliar Did I say somewhere that Ukraine was going to win? I don't think I did, just that Russia's military capabilities have been VASTLY misused and I don't think they could do a full mobilization even if the country wasn't being run by a Neo-Tsarist nutbag. If NATO/US need to be worried about anyone its China IMO (no that doesn't mean we should go to war with fucking China, actually the exact opposite) but I digress.

Still, I think ti would be unwise to count Ukraine out just yet

You asked if the Russian military is a paper tiger.

Answer: Lol fuck no

That has nothing to do with Putin and how nuts he is

I remember several occasions and vids of US vehicles running out of gas and their drivers being captured in 2003.

Boy the US military sucked during that campaign right?
Yep! Almost like leaving 5 km of a convoy sitting ducks for an airstrike lololololololololol

Its pretty bad, actually

That's not a tank. That's an MTLB. Russian equivalent to an M113. The whole clip is so misleading and out of context I just can't even find the energy to start peeling this onion. Russian soldier seemed pretty chill tho. I know plenty of American soldiers who would not have been that chill if a random car pulled up uninvited and started asking them where they are going.

Man, suddenly I've got the urge to rewatch Generation Kill and listen to Mikeburnfire stories again.

I just stumbled upon this video here, in wich the destructive power of a TOS-1 can be seen.
Holy sh*t.

TBH, I really though it was a f*cking Nuke.

Yeah no, the Buratino is an MLRS, it'd make a large number of smaller explosions, not one big one.

This is what a TOS-1 looks like:

That's either the secondary explosion of the munitions plant, or the effect of a much bigger bomb/missile than anything a TOS-1 is packing.

Dunno perhaps look in the mirror and take a good hard look at the villain?
Nah, when I look at the mirror universe glass, I only see a pleasant good guy. But jokes aside, everyone in the diplomatic world must be going "What. The. Fuck." at today's news from Europe, considering that the EU now buys and sends weapons to a country at war, that Von der Layen openly recommends admission of Ukraine to the Union, that Germany decides to put more money in its military than Russia, that Borrel says fighter jets will be provided to Ukraine. The fuck is happening, because I won't be ashamed to say I got entirely blindsided by what happened today.

Why would they be restraining themselves? Did they not launch attacks all across the country? Including at Kiev? If they were just focussing on Donbass it'd be one thing, but they're not. They clearly thought Ukraine wouldn't put up a fight against an attack all across their country, yet they did and they are.
They're restraining themselves because when all this is over, they'll still be neighbors with Ukraine, they'll still need to live together. When they bombed the airfields with Kalibers, have you seen them bombing barracks with sleeping VSU? No, because they didn't. The net is full of videos of Russian tanks trying to go around civilians trying to block them, or even turning back. They're clearly not using arty against VSU positions in residential areas. Hell, when they went to clear Kharkov, they went in Tigers, leaving heavy vehicles with heavy firepower outside. They're clearly going for minimum collateral damage, even at the expense of their casualties.

Nah, when I look at the mirror universe glass, I only see a pleasant good guy. But jokes aside, everyone in the diplomatic world must be going "What. The. Fuck." at today's news from Europe, considering that the EU now buys and sends weapons to a country at war, that Von der Layen openly recommends admission of Ukraine to the Union, that Germany decides to put more money in its military than Russia, that Borrel says fighter jets will be provided to Ukraine. The fuck is happening, because I won't be ashamed to say I got entirely blindsided by what happened today.

Dunno?

Scattlebut has it that Putin's Final Victory! speech was leaked yesterday and it was fucked up enough for everyone to decide to buckle down and hammer his ass.

Scattlebut has it that Putin's Final Victory! speech was leaked yesterday and it was fucked up enough for everyone to decide to buckle down and hammer his ass.
Huh? That's clearly not what happened, as indicated by Putin referred to in third person in the quote. Anyway, since interweb remembers all, going by screenshots in the twitter threads about this, the RIA page originally contained an opinion piece by someone named Petr Akopov. Searching for phrases from the screenshots, here is another site containing the same article that RIA posted. You can read it if you want, but skimming it, it's just some rah-rah-rah stuff about the unity of Russian people (which includes Ukranians in this ideology).

Has it been sent yet ? If not.. Then perhaps EU already knows Ukraine will capitulate within days. So this would be good PR.

Another possibility.

Most of European countries had American hand up their ass for so long. Perhaps this actions are automatic. Rather then even American influences. Al though I'm sure part of the Republican and Democratic part ...are licking their lips.

Last edited:
Hum unconfirmed reports that Belarus is joining the fray with its first paratroopers arriving in Ukraine.

From nominally neutral to co-belligerent is a pretty big step and smacks of opportunism.

Wonder what Lukasenko's price was.

Hum unconfirmed reports that Belarus is joining the fray with its first paratroopers arriving in Ukraine.

From nominally neutral to co-belligerent is a pretty big step and smacks of opportunism.

Wonder what Lukasenko's price was.
Considering they're supposed to be hosting the peace talks that would be quite the faceturn.

What happened is that the Russians have poked a sleeping giant.

And now we're seeing it waking up pissed. In the last 24h both Germany and Sweden, under pressure, decided to end decades-long established policies. This is unprecedented.

This is another wake up call for the EU, one it heard. Regardless of what will happen in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom