What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flutters Bin of Plot Bunnies, One Offs and Errant Ideas

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
Basically, all my stuff that I don't really plan on becoming anything beyond a couple thousand words, if that. I can't claim I'll ever keep to a singular franchise, in fact I distinctly think I'll be hard pressed to.

Lots of little ideas rushing through my brain on occasion, I was told this was a good way to get them out.

Creating this first post just to get the thread started, actual 'story bits' will have their own seperate posts.

Harry Potter X Home Alone (p1)
Harry Potter X Home Alone (p1)

The conclusion was as sudden as it had come, leaving the house once more in silence. No alarms pealed out in alert, not voices called out in concern. Blood coated the floor where it lay, having been sent spraying from the three prone bodies of the houses inhabitants.

"Geez Marv, ya didn' have to off the retard too," Harry spat, wiping his knife on the hulking carcass of the houses owner. It hadn't been his intent to resort to bloodshed either, if that fat lardass of a whale hadn't rushed him screaming bloody murder he would have lived out the night. Woke up the next day a bit poorer, tied to a chair mebbe.

"I didn't mean to Harry!" Marv protested, carefully avoiding the large pool of blood slowly seeping from the younger, but just as hefty child that had rushed him after he had bonked the horse bitch over the head with the butt of his knife. "He just came right at me!"

"Doesn't matter," Harry huffed, kicking at the corpse with distaste. "Just start loadin' stuff in the van, we'll get going as quickly as we can. Check their wallets, too," he said as more of an after thought. Validation rewarded him in the form of several hundred pounds stacked in a tight sheaf inside the blubbermans wallet, while the thin bitch and the retards pockets had turned out a measly fifteen pounds.

Marv still wasn't very sure of the conversion rates between dollars and these silly sounding pounds these brits used, but a hundred in any language meant a hundred to him. A good haul, right from the start. If that was what he was carrying around just in his pockets, imagine what he could be hiding up in his personal bedroom! Marv knew his type, they always squirreled a wad or two away in a personal safe or something.

After that fiasco with the Mcalister kid, Marv had been sure he and harry were going to be sitting pretty in the pen for a good few years. It was thanks to Harry that they managed to escape in transit to their new home, Marv was glad that he hadn't left him behind. Not that he would. After all, they were the Wet Bandits! Harry and Marv, successfully liberating the languishing revenue that normal people just didn't deserve. And since they didn't deserve it, who better to have it than him and Harry?

Marv started his way through the house after managing to nudge the retard to the side of the hall, out of the way. Wouldn't do to trip over him, after all. Silver, electronics, anything that Marv saw of use got piled into his bag. Any that looked valuable in the slightest. That was the whole reason why they were here at all, to get something of value. And then sell that thing of value so that they could then enjoy themselves like kings. Food, booze, you name it. If it was good enough for other low lifes, it was good enough to flow down their gullets.

Marv stopped at a closet under the stairs.

Jiggling the handle gave him little in the ways of results, the door having been locked. Not just by a dinky knob lock either, this thing had at least three bolts slid across it, each with their own padlock.

"Hey Harry?" called out over his shoulder. "I think you should come take a look at this!" The door gave him a weird feeling. It was... Marv blinked in realization. It was faded. The walls around it were coated in new paint, but this single door was neglected. As if they had forgotten it out of spite. "See? Buncha locks. Wonder whats inside it?" he stated once Harry had joined him.

Harry poked a finger under the edge of his worn beanie, pinched from some louse that had been sitting on the bus in front of him. Idiot shouldn't have fallen asleep. He proceeded to scratch at his scalp, peering at the door. One lock he could imagine. Two? Maybe they wanted to keep the retard out of it.

If he or Marv had bothered to check the hefty mans coat pocket, they would have found a key to fit each lock. As it was, the mistake the retards parents had made was thus. They had attached heavy, secure, nigh unbreakable metal locks... to a flimsy wooden door.

A quick jab of the crowbar to lever the locks out of the door left them to clatter uselessly against the ground.

Harry continuously marveled at the blatant stupidity of the common man. Buys a fifty dollar lock, then screws it into a cheap piece of hardwood. Hell, most people were stupid enough they just left their windows open! All year round! Britain was such a gold mine of random gullible boobs, Harry didn't even want to chance voicing such words in case it would jinx him.

"So, lets see what 'ol lard ass was hiding, shall we?" Harry prompted, opening the door in expectation.

Whatever it was that he had been expecting, it never could have possibly been what he laid eyes on as the light flooded the small cuppboard.

It was a boy. A young child, barely six years old and curled up in fright. That wasn't the most surprising thing to be seen however. The walls of the dim cupboard were covered in cobwebs and filth, and the only bits of personality it held were three broken looking toy soldiers set up on a shelf behind the boys head. He lay on a thin mattress, barely an inch thick with a ratty blanket and pillow set up on it.

"Heya kid..." Harry said warily. They had learned their lesson from that Kevin kid. Rule number forty two. Never underestimate your mark, regardless of how they look, or how old they may be. "Whatcha doin in here?"

The boy didn't respond, looking at the both of them in confusion. At least the look of fear had diminished slightly. Marv didn't like it when kids looked at him like that.

"Harry, look..." Marv started, pointing at the boys arm. Harry leaned forward, and the boy recoiled. He curled into a ball, his still functioning arm curled over his head to ward off any attacks.

Harry knew that position well. He had used it in defense against his own bastard of a father. He would come home every night stinking drunk, and then whip Harry with his belt. Harry had thought he was being so clever stealing his fathers belts so he could no longer beat him with them. The broken chair leg that replaced the missing belts as the conduit of his fathers anger had quickly dissuaded him of such a notion. To see another child in such a state...

"That bastard," Harry snarled, turning to glare at the corpse of the fat man. To hurt a little kid, this much? For what? Did he not want to do his chores? Did he say a bad word? Did he get a bad grade in preschool? There was no excuse. None whatsoever.

"Harry, he don't look too good," Marv stated, drawing his attention back to the kid. He could see his back from here, and the blood that still seeped from under his shirt. That bastard had whipped him, and recently too!

Harry had actually been feeling kinda bad about killing the jackass. Now though, if he could he'd go back and kill him again. Maybe do it in front of the kid, so he could see that he wouldn't get hurt no more. What kinda mental instability bred these kinds of people?

"Shit," Harry muttered. He couldn't just leave the little guy like this... "Hey... you... kid. Whats yer name?"

The kid peered out from behind his unbroken arm, still curled up in the fetal position. "... Harry," was the whispered reply.

"What a cooink-ee-dink, thats my name too!" Harry stated soothingly, beckoning to the kid. "C'mon kiddo, we're gettin' you outta here."

Harry wasn't really sure how it had happened. He sure hadn't woken up that morning thinking today would be a day to be happy for.

Harry was reasonably sure it was just another day of pain and bad feelings when his cousin had pushed him in front of a car. Harry had been the one to get yelled at, and of course he had to apologize to Mrs. Fishmun for making her swerve.

Harry had reckoned that it was just any other old day when he didn't get any food. Why would today be any different, anyway? It wasn't like it was his birthday or anything. Oh wait, yeah it was.

Dudlys birthdays were events filled with laughter food, and joy for his portly cousin. They usually just meant more pain for Harry, but he could see quite well what a birthday was supposed to be.

Why couldn't he have one nice day? Why couldn't he get a plate of sweets like his-

Authors Notes:
And then I just got bored of it, and it died. I haven't touched it in over a year, and honestly can't think of how to continue it.
[/hr][/hr]

Pride (p1)
Pride (mlpxboloverse) (p1)

"This one's too small!"

"Runt not worth the effort."

"Too small."

"Useless."

"Burden."

"Waste."

"Why keep runt?"

"Might as well drain milk onto ground."

"Can it dig?"

"Can it fight?"

"Pathetic."

"Takes up space."

"Can it hunt?"

"Sits around, wasting food. That runt not able dig."

"See Spot? Spot good digger. Make tunnel, longways from glen to river fast. Half day fast. Runt? Runt's claws are weak, takes dig long time. Many many tunnels from Spot by time one tunnel from runt."

"Why keep?"

"Why feed?"

"Why protect?"

"Runt... not worth the effort."

I hear it all. I know I is weak. I know I is drain on pack. I is small. I not able fight. I not able dig. I is not able to be like bigger dogs. I caught rabbit once. Rabbit bit paw, and I dropped.

I is not living that down. Ever.

Pack not let hunt after that. I is secretly relieved. Rabbit is large eyes, so hard to look at.

I is not want to kill.

I is eating of the meat, but when I gets is simply that. Meat. Is not large eyes, is not hard to look at.

Is just taste good.

I is eat fish, every so while. They is not as hard of catching. They not taste as good as rabbit, as bird.

They is not hard to look at, though. They eyes is small, easy to ignore.

Not taste as good, though.

When I showed brother Pelt, Pelt laughed. Said is good I eat fish. Not waste food pack hunts.

I... is Effort. I is never given name, none want to talk to runt. I is runt. I is hear them talk, though. That word kept coming up. Effort.

Not worth the effort.

So Effort I is. I... want. Want be more than nothing. Want be worth the effort.

Never be worth the effort here. Pack never see I is worth the effort. Pack never see I as nothing more than runt.

I is stand at pony water-wood-platform, ready to climb on pony water cart. They is call 'boat'. 'Boat' is sound weird. Why not just call water cart? Is cart that go on water. No wheels, but is still cart.

I stood in line with other ponies. Not is all ponies, some not ponies. More catbirds than ponies.

Catbirds is not of likings me.

They is nicer than Efforts former pack, though.

Cruel words fly from their odd bird snouts. They say to Efforts face, though. Is nicer than Efforts former pack. They is always saying low, think I is dumb as well as small. Never say to Efforts face.

"I is liking you, catbird is nice," I said to catbird with orange claws. Catbird also have bow and arrow hung over her back. Arrows with her own feathers.

I is seeing bow before. Pack most uses spears, but two brothers use bow. Good hunt. Kill bird good.

"Whatever, just stay away from me you wierdo."

She go to corner of 'deck' on 'boat'. Hiss at Effort whenever I is get near.

I is take up corner other side. It more in shade, less bright. I is liking the sun, but am too used to living in tunnels. Hunts at night.

Still, is warm. And comfortable. I is liking it when I pokes a paw out of the shade, to let it play across Efforts fur.

Many catbird on water cart. Many pony on water cart. Many others that not pony or catbird on water cart. I is not know what they are. All I is knowing is they not pony, or catbird. Thought better not ask. No give more reason to hate Effort.

'Captain' come talk to Effort. Tell no make trouble. I is agree, say not think of makings the trouble. Effort pay to get on water cart. Not want anything to happen before I is getting off.

I is not know where is going. Water cart is just... going away.

Away.

Away from pack. Away from brothers, from sisters. Away from Alpha.

That thought not hurt Effort as much as Effort thought it would. I is not care that Effort never see pack again.

I... I is going to find family. Heard pony talk. Family... stronger than pack. Better. Mother... Father... they is not like alpha. Strong like alpha. But better. They is not care that runt is runt.

'Parents love their children, no matter the flaws.'

Pony tell Effort that. Hurt Effort, knowing I is born a dog. Not right. I is wanting that.

On this water cart... where it goes, Effort will find it.

Family.

I is wakings up, groggy. Not know where Effort is. Eyes shut tight with grime.

Paw at eyes, try get moving. Realize body hurt. Whole body hurt. Must have been beaten in middle of night. Not new. Pack likes taking frustrations out on Effort. 'Will make runt stronger', they says.

Just is makings Effort hurt.

Effort roll to left side, spewing a stream of salty tasting bile to the side. Not remember drinking that. Salty water bad, no good. Makes sick. Why drink?

Finally able to open eyes. Light glares through and stabs at them, hurting Effort. Is not grime holding Efforts eyes closed, is blood. I is not surprised. Cuts on head bleed longer, make more blood. Not good, but still understandable.

Tear eyes open, rubbing them free. Effort will just sleep this off after I is movings to a better hidden place. Catbirds and ponies. They can't track, their noses bad.

Must get up, not give more reason to beat. Push against ground, stopping as paw... sinks into it.

Look at ground. Is ground.

Is not deck of water cart.

Is not ground... is... sand?

Looking around, I is seeing a sight that befuddles me, and scares me. I is on beach. Splintered wood frames my spot, remnants of the water cart. I is not seeing anydoggy else, not catbirds, no ponies. Nothing living. No bodies of non livings, either.

Effort... is alone? What happen? Where... is here?

I is wakings up more swiftly after that. Got up, tooks in Efforts surroundings. Water cart destroyed. Completely gone. Dragged ashore all remains I could. Found couple ponies. Dead.

What could do of this to water cart? Was on water, but was strong. built like tunnel. Could water cart cave in, like tunnel? How, when was not in tunnel?

Maybe... water is like tunnel? And... 'boat' is like diamond dog. Maybe water can crush boat when the water is angry.

Earth can crush diamond dog. If Diamond dogs not remove gems, the thorns that pierce its flesh hurt it. When the earth hurts, it hurts the diamond dogs. Will crush them in its anger.

Maybe Water was mad.

I is praying, making thanks to the water. Say thanks for not is killings Effort. Pray forgivness for ponies and catbirds and others. They is not evil, would have helped water if they knew.

I is sure of this.

Effort is sorry I is thought ponies and catbirds beat Effort. They was nice. Not like pack.

After pulling ashore the remainder of wood Effort could shift -some chunks of wood too heavy for Effort to move-, I is lookings around for others. Maybe find town, village, pack. Find something. Find... anything.

I is followings the beach, eyeing the forest that grows yet too close for comfort. It looms, filling Effort with dread. I is hearings sounds from it, strange sounds I is not know of.

Walked for half day, till sun was high above. Walking nice, make aches fade. Walk until Effort stopped. What I is seeings scared Effort. Is not good.

Effort followed beach. Beach slightly curved to right. Effort not realize... not know... Beach went in circle. Effort back where started, back looking at remains of giant water cart.

Would not find village. Would not find town. Would not find... pack.

Would not find family.

Unless there was livings in forest... in jungle. Jungle. Yes, word felt right. Hear of jungles before. Like forest. but worse. Vines and others grow underground, make digging hard and unstable. Tunnels not stay.

Not see any other water carts. Maybe livings in jungle not go near water? If Effort finds livings, maybe they helps Effort to build another water cart. I is not knowings much about travelings on water.

I is sure Effort can do better job than 'captain' who ignored the waters anger. Effort would help if water asked. Effort helped earth by removing gems, I is could help water... I is not knowings how could help. Is sure Effort could learn.

For now... Effort rest. Effort walking long time, need rest. Found a patch of rock, flat and black. Mostly covered in sand, but I is fixing that. I swept the sand from it, showing more black.

More black means more warmth. Traveling pony showed Effort.

Pony show, he show Effort two cards. One white, one black. Pony left in sun same long time, then put in Efforts paws. Black card warmer. White card colder.

So I is uncoverings big black flat rock. Smell like rock, but not feel like rock. Can't dig through. Black makes warm, so more black makes more warm. Effort got lot of black stone uncovered by sand, but still many much of rock still under sand.

Rock is big. Really big. Effort cleared off three heights of effort, still no sign of end!

I is laying on rock, resting. Still tired from water cart, not feel like moving.

Rock is warm...

I is tired.

Updating.
Emergency power at 3%
Backup datalog corrupted.
Emergency power at 4%
Solar rechargers 1 through 13 offline, 15 through 29 offline.
Query, solar recharger # 14.
Solar recharger # 14 operating at seven percent efficiency.
Panel is obstructed.
Emergency power at 5%

[/hr][/hr]

BMHA X Kill La Kill (p1)
BMHA x Kill la Kill

I came across this pic recently, and it sparked a slight inspiration in the back of my mind.
c84.png

His head was ringing, the room spinning around him in great sweeps. That blast... What the hell was kachan thinking?

"Don't you ever forget what you are!" The spiky haired lad was yelling as Izuku hit the ground, "You're a weakling!"

Was this as far as he could go without one for all? Why, why did that fill him with such internal loathing? Why did it feel like such a personal assault, when all of Bakugos previous words were as nothing more than the warm air of a summer day?

What a noisy brat.

Izukus flesh felt cold, clammy. When had he started sweating so much, this frozen sheen that covered him head to toe? Why was his heart pounding so hard, in time and in beat with throbbing in his head? His very blood felt like it was boiling, an aching current rushing through every limb.

"Shut up..." Izuku wheezed out, rising to his feet. He couldn't raise his hand to his head, no matter how hard he tried. His arms fell flaccid at his sides, limp and trembling.

"The hell did you say, Deku?!" His rival called out in reply. A snarl graced his face so sour it was a wonder that the very air did not curdle around them.

Such a haughty tone, tell that bastard to just shut up!

"I told you to shut up!" Izuku bellowed, the ringing rising to a crescendo behind his eyes. He could swear he saw twinkling stars dotting the very edges of his sight, just out of his periphery. "You're always blabbing, on and on!" Where was this coming from, what caused such words to rise from his throat? "But we aren't having a god damned talking contest you moron! We're!"

Steam. Furious heat rising behind Izuku, escaping the skin as it roared onwards.

"Fucking!"

His flesh was churning, icy tendrils stabbing out past the surface and ripping his uniform to shreds.

That voice... Is that you...?

"Fighting!" Izuku finished, a low sigh passing his lips as the ringing suddenly, decisively stopped. He let his gaze span upwards, pinning his childhood friend under his eagerness. "Anything we could say with words," he started, bringing his hands up into a ready position. The tremors were gone from his legs, the heat easing pleasantly throughout his body. He wasn't sure what had happened... but he was read to fight! "Our fists will declare with much more eloquence!"

\o/~-~\o/

Uraraka panted, desperately trying to think of a plan. After Dekus radio had gone silent, she had been worried. Then the impacts had started. Shuddering tremors that had swept through the building, shaking the ground they stood on. It seems Deku had finally gotten that strength he had shown off in the preliminaries out of storage, at least she hoped that was the case.

If that was that scary guy tossing around explosions... Well then, this was a world she didn't really want to live in anymore.

All of a sudden, the tremors ceased, leaving her and Iida alone in their staring match once more.

She took a couple steps towards the 'bomb', only to halt as her classmate grabbed the prop and zipped backwards once more.

"Haha! Your efforts are useless!" He crowed in what he probably thought was an intimidating 'villainous' tone. To Uraraka, it was simply laughable. "Damnit Bakugo, what's going on down there?" He hastily whispered into his earbud, before returning his attention to the problem at hand.

"Kachan won't be coming," a disturbingly familiar voice called out from the doorway to the room. "He's taking a nap, won't be up for a while," the distinctly feminine tones declared.

Uraraka felt her face flood with heat, as she looked onwards at the appearance of of her wayward classmate.

"Deku?" She choked out, peering down at her decidedly unfamiliar form.

Iida goggled at the sight before him, only managing to force out a single word.

"Tits."

Authors Notes:
So I guess the main idea behind this one was 'Ryuuko was his grandmother' and somehow a few threads of Senketsu were passed down through her blood? Didn't give this one much thought.

Everybody Goes To Hogwarts (p1)
Everybody Goes To Hogwarts (p1) (Harry Potter X Multicross)

A river, flooding through a dusty plain.

A muggle orangatang, pummeling a rock with a sun bleached bone.

Whatever blasted genre of music that youngsters were listening to nowadays, doing their darndest to give themselves brain damage.

Yes, that last one felt like it fit pretty well. Especially seeing as the migrane ripping through his head was no doubt giving him minute ammounts of damage to his precious grey matter.

"Twilight Sparkle!"

Where had it all gone wrong? Oh right, the first year the Potter brat arrived at Hogwarts. The prophecy hung over the boys head like a proverbial noose, yet the boy just wouldnt die. The first year, he had painstakingly corralled the lad towards his all but inevitable death by the 'hidden' machinations of Riddle junior. What happened instead? Not only did the twit manage to survive, but the protection his mother had wrought wasnt even weakened!

"Cloud Strife!"

Second year, a pitiful shard of Riddles soul had released Salazars guardian upon the school once more. He had managed to postpone a mass exodus of the students, hoping that a basalisks gaze would bypass the magic of Lily Potter. Whoops, no, basalisk dead, shard of Riddle dead, Harry Potter deadnowait no he's not, Fawks decided to poke his feathered behind in where his inteferance wasn't needed. A phoenixes healing abilities were best used only by himself, but there was no use crying over spilled milk.

"Taylor Hebert!"

Third year, he practically offered the dolt up on a silver platter for the supposed traitor Sirius Black! Wait, no, guess he wasn't actually a trailer, Crouch just threw him in Azkaban without actually checking to make sure he was a real death eater. Turns out the true death eater -Peter Pettigrew- had been sleeping in the same damned room as the boy for the past three years, and he hadn't even taken a single swing at the boy! He was literally gift wrapped for an assassination, yet the lazy rat did naught but turn tail and run.

"Natsu Dragneel!"

Now onto fourth year. He had taken years worth of favors and called them in across the board to get this stupid tournament to take place at his school. He had been worried that Amelia would block him from using the goblet of fire, but tradition had once more come across in his favor. It was practically in the bag, all he had to do was confound the damned cup into thinking that Harry Potter represented a fourth school. That way he'd be running unopposed as he'd be the only applicant in his fictional schools running.

"Ruby Rose!"

If only it had been that simple. The three champions names had come out, just as planned. The hard working duffer, the fair haired demihuman, and the popular but dull witted quidditch star. Then came the name of the Boy Who Lived, flitting from the flaming goblet just like clockwork. He had read out the brats name, doing his level best to refrain from spilling his frenzied laughter out into the room. He looked around as if confused, meeting eyes with the lads much more honest expression.

"Harry... Yes, another Harry Potter."

His head snapped up to stare at Mcgonnagal, who had taken over reading the names that spilled forth from the cup once they had breached ten different applicants. Hell, what was that at this point, seventeen different Harry Potters that had apparently been entered into this tournament? There was already over forty different names, none of which besides Harry's own and the first three champions he recognized as a magical family of any note. Half of them sounded foreign, for goodness sakes!

"Ryuuko Matoi!"

Case in point. Obviously, something had gone wrong with the highly specialized confoundus curse. Instead of just throwing out Harry's name at the end, it had gotten all discombobulated and started throwing out name after name, most of which he was betting weren't even real people. Damn, he'd be lucky if they didn't throw out the entire vote and start over from scratch.

"Mario Mario!"

Oh come on that didn't even come close to trying!

Last edited:
Everybody Goes To Hogwarts (p2)
Everybody Goes To Hogwarts (p2) (Harry Potter X Mutlicross)

Three days had gone by and he had managed to almost completely quash any worries that his fellow headmasters could bring to bear. Who cares if the blasted cinder spewing mug spat out over two hundred names before it sputtered to a stop? There definitely wasn't twenty different Harry Potters running around -thank goodness- so it was highly unlikely any of the other 'champions' were legitimate entries. Whatever had gone wrong in entering Harry had obviously forced the cup to spew out a near endless backlog of gibberish to try and compensate.

So why not just continue? It would be unfair to the real champions, after all, if they had to put forth their names again, only to have another entry chosen over them... So it was decided. All entries would be 'accepted' as legitimate, and they would have the month until the first task to either show up or forfeit. It wasn't like a fake person could show up in the first place, so this was unquestionably a safer choice than just scrapping the entire proceedings.

He settled into his seat at the head of the hall, tucking into the plate of eggs that the houselves had sent up. His deputy headmistress was sitting nearly at his side, grumbling into her own meal as she frantically pored through a pile of papers at her side.

"What's got you so worked up this early in the morning?" he settled on, opting for a less intrusive greeting and simply a more amiable one.

She jerked at his his words, obviously having not noticed his arrival. How rude, he didn't wear such lovely robes so that people would ignore his presence. "Dumbledore!" She choked out in a hoarse whisper. "It's absolutely bonkers, they've been showing up all day, ever since the break of dawn!"

He was nonplussed for but a second, "Eh, pardon Mrs Mcgonagal, but whom do you mean? The members from the Prophet aren't supposed to be here until next week..."

Bloodsucking vultures that they were, reporters had their place and usefulness. Mostly to promote his own image whilst dragging his opponents through the dust, but that wasn't all they were good for.

"The Champions," his trusty second in command hissed, eyes darting to direct his attention out into the main hall. "Portals have been appearing all over the grounds, the wards haven't been doing shite!" Her voice was panicked, and he could see her tightly clamped fists were bone white with the force of their grasp.

Looking out among the eating students, he was able to finally see what she was talking about. Scads of unfamiliar individuals mingling with the impressionable youth, marked by their lack of proper uniforms. Hogwarts, Durmstrang and the frenchie schools uniforms were clearly visible, the various students from those schools milling about in a seeming daze.

"Is that a beastkin?" He managed to get out, peering down at a -naked save for the fellows gloves and shoes- blue furred humanoid with long spiky hair.

"Apparently he's a hedgehog," Mcgonnagal let out with a breathy groan. "And he's not even the oddest to arrive."

"Minerva?" He let out his compatriots name in a questioning tone.

"Just look," she pointed over at her own table of students.

He peered onwards, noting with interest that young Harry didn't seem to be sitting with his friends. Perfect, the question of his entry served to push the jealous twit over the rails once more. That in turn seems to have driven off young miss Granger as well... Or maybe not. Not two seats away from Harry was another Harry Potter. The main difference between the two was quite easy to see, one had young Harry's questionably iconic mop of scraggly hair while the other had a gravity defying mohawk.

Dotting the table talking to other students were yet more copies of the damned brat, each slightly different from each other.

"Hey old man!" A rude, uncouth voice pierce the air before him. Letting his eyes refocus he saw a red haired lass standing in front of the staff table, quirking her head as she stared at him. She was wearing some sort of Asian garb, but was notably not carrying a traditional staff of the Asian magical arts. Was it just a preference of clothing? "The greasy bastard said I should ask you," she noted, pointing off at the head of house Slytherin who had been skulking off near his table. "Can you conjure me up some hot water? Not quite boiling, but still pretty damned hot."

How... Forward. And annoying. He waved his wand out of the sleeve of his shirt at the glass of water in front of him, heating it in an instant. Anything to get such a useless brat to leave him alone as quickly as possible. What kind of witch couldn't heat a cup of water? What the hell kind of champions had the goblet pulled out of its proverbial ass?

"Oh, thanks old man," she stated, upending the glass over her head.

He watched the YOUNG MAN walk away, toweling at HIS hair as he went.

"What the hell?" He let out in a whisper, unable to choke it to death before it escaped.

Everybody Goes To Hogwarts (p2) (Harry Potter X Mutlicross)

Three days had gone by and he had managed to almost completely quash any worries that his fellow headmasters could bring to bear. Who cares if the blasted cinder spewing mug spat out over two hundred names before it sputtered to a stop? There definitely wasn't twenty different Harry Potters running around -thank goodness- so it was highly unlikely any of the other 'champions' were legitimate entries. Whatever had gone wrong in entering Harry had obviously forced the cup to spew out a near endless backlog of gibberish to try and compensate.

So why not just continue? It would be unfair to the real champions, after all, if they had to put forth their names again, only to have another entry chosen over them... So it was decided. All entries would be 'accepted' as legitimate, and they would have the month until the first task to either show up or forfeit. It wasn't like a fake person could show up in the first place, so this was unquestionably a safer choice than just scrapping the entire proceedings.

He settled into his seat at the head of the hall, tucking into the plate of eggs that the houselves had sent up. His deputy headmistress was sitting nearly at his side, grumbling into her own meal as she frantically pored through a pile of papers at her side.

"What's got you so worked up this early in the morning?" he settled on, opting for a less intrusive greeting and simply a more amiable one.

She jerked at his his words, obviously having not noticed his arrival. How rude, he didn't wear such lovely robes so that people would ignore his presence. "Dumbledore!" She choked out in a hoarse whisper. "It's absolutely bonkers, they've been showing up all day, ever since the break of dawn!"

He was nonplussed for but a second, "Eh, pardon Mrs Mcgonagal, but whom do you mean? The members from the Prophet aren't supposed to be here until next week..."

Bloodsucking vultures that they were, reporters had their place and usefulness. Mostly to promote his own image whilst dragging his opponents through the dust, but that wasn't all they were good for.

"The Champions," his trusty second in command hissed, eyes darting to direct his attention out into the main hall. "Portals have been appearing all over the grounds, the wards haven't been doing shite!" Her voice was panicked, and he could see her tightly clamped fists were bone white with the force of their grasp.

Looking out among the eating students, he was able to finally see what she was talking about. Scads of unfamiliar individuals mingling with the impressionable youth, marked by their lack of proper uniforms. Hogwarts, Durmstrang and the frenchie schools uniforms were clearly visible, the various students from those schools milling about in a seeming daze.

"Is that a beastkin?" He managed to get out, peering down at a -naked save for the fellows gloves and shoes- blue furred humanoid with long spiky hair.

"Apparently he's a hedgehog," Mcgonnagal let out with a breathy groan. "And he's not even the oddest to arrive."

"Minerva?" He let out his compatriots name in a questioning tone.

"Just look," she pointed over at her own table of students.

He peered onwards, noting with interest that young Harry didn't seem to be sitting with his friends. Perfect, the question of his entry served to push the jealous twit over the rails once more. That in turn seems to have driven off young miss Granger as well... Or maybe not. Not two seats away from Harry was another Harry Potter. The main difference between the two was quite easy to see, one had young Harry's questionably iconic mop of scraggly hair while the other had a gravity defying mohawk.

Dotting the table talking to other students were yet more copies of the damned brat, each slightly different from each other.

"Hey old man!" A rude, uncouth voice pierce the air before him. Letting his eyes refocus he saw a red haired lass standing in front of the staff table, quirking her head as she stared at him. She was wearing some sort of Asian garb, but was notably not carrying a traditional staff of the Asian magical arts. Was it just a preference of clothing? "The greasy bastard said I should ask you," she noted, pointing off at the head of house Slytherin who had been skulking off near his table. "Can you conjure me up some hot water? Not quite boiling, but still pretty damned hot."

How... Forward. And annoying. He waved his wand out of the sleeve of his shirt at the glass of water in front of him, heating it in an instant. Anything to get such a useless brat to leave him alone as quickly as possible. What kind of witch couldn't heat a cup of water? What the hell kind of champions had the goblet pulled out of its proverbial ass?

"Oh, thanks old man," she stated, upending the glass over her head.

He watched the YOUNG MAN walk away, toweling at HIS hair as he went.

"What the hell?" He let out in a whisper, unable to choke it to death before it escaped.
Add fanon Harry to Hogwarts

"What do you mean I'm gay with Voldemort"???

Cheers (Worm X Greek Mythology)
My name is Taylor Hebert, and I am a demigod.

That's right, my father shagged the physical manifestation of Greek divinity. Technically Roman as well, seeing as apparently they're the same thing, but that's just semantics.

Which one, you ask? Perhaps Athena, goddess of war and wisdom? No, I would only be so lucky. Perhaps Artemis, goddess of the hunt? Oh wait, no, she's known in Greek mythology to be celibate. Couldn't be her. Maybe Hestia, goddess of the hearth? Demeter, goddess of grain and harvest?

*sigh*

No, my mother was apparently... Dionysus.

Male god of wine. Male.

Fuck my life, I can't have a single mote of normalcy.

So yes, apparently it was commonplace for any of the male gods to take the form of an animal, or a woman if the fancy so took them. Had to get their jollies somehow, and if they were gods, who would really in their right minds bring it up in the first place? 'Oh, Zeus had sex with my cow, now the sow is pumping out wierd monster calves...'

It would be a good way to get turned to ash in the olden days. Piss off the gods at your own risk, ect cetera.

As it was conveyed in the visions I was hit with after the locker (my 'dad-mom' couldn't even be arsed to tell it to me themselves) there were periods where the gods locked themselves in human form, in order to break up the monotony of immortality and add some spice to their eternal existence. Memories wouldn't be locked, but blurred to help them persist in the 'roles' they were taking. Like being a human was just a 'quaint' little game for them. Most of a gods powers would be locked outside of their reach to 'more accurately play the game', but they were protected by the rules layed down but the others. Basically 'don't mess with one, and the group won't mess with you'.

So while mom was... my mom, she was wholly and completely my mother. That love wasn't faked, and for that alone I wept. Was there anything sadder knowing that the afterlife is real, and one of the people you most love won't be in it? Instead her ego is subsumed by the complete essence of the god she was molded from.

Life... life sometimes sucks, and there's nothing you can do about it.

But sometimes there's a way to tell life it can go screw itself, and make your own way into the future. I had a chance. A single, solitary chance that was predicated on the cruelty of the god that had spawned me.

'Win'.

That was the only guidance I was given, in terms of my end goal. Demigods were known as heroes in ancient times, so if I were to portray myself as such and be lauded as a hero by the country I called home? I would be granted a boon, divine and absolute. I knew what I wanted, and so did he.

"You want your mother back? Well I know what you really mean, so let me make you a deal. You make me and mine shine in the eyes of all, and I will construct a new body for all that she was. She will still be me, and return upon her death... But she will return with you."

So that's why I was standing in an alleyway in the dead of night, a ski mask wrapped around my head and a wooden staff grasped tightly in my white knuckled fist. The Merchants were known to base themselves in the shelled remains of warehouses down near the warf, and after my awakening I could feel the wrongness they were exuding.

Dionysus was the god of wine, of partying, of merriment. Sure, I bet the methed out merchants were feeling a pretty merry buzz, but to my senses it felt sick, like an ill pit in my stomach that was filled with a writhing mass of bugs and worms. It was unmistakable.

I hefted my staff, the pinecone on the end bobbing errantly on the tip. I took one more stock of my supplies, wincing as I remembered where exactly I had pilfered the bottle of wine tied to my belt.

"Sorry dad," I muttered, promising to repay him for dipping into his private stash. "Bottoms up," I grimaced as I popped the cork and tipped the bottles contents into my waiting maw.

As I gulped down the sweet tinged liquid, I felt the warmth fill my limbs.

I could feel my mother, hugging me from behind.

Gadgets Gregarious Gadgets (Rescue Rangers) (p1)
Dale scratched at his chest, sniffing the softly rising breeze that brought promises of walnuts growing in the grove outside of town. A bit of a trek to get there from the treehouse, but still manageable. Even more so if they went in the Ranger Plane, and they could pack away a much better haul than if they took the Ranger Wing.

A small bit of a problem, however. with as awesome of a detective as he was, his strengths didn't quite lie in the realm of... 'birdy-ing'. 'Flyifying'. The act of defying gravity through mechanized planes, and whatnot. The one time he had been involved in the descent of an air bound contraption, all the others had been right alongside him doing their best to bring the bird safely back to the ground as well.

Quite a weighty bird, that NASA sponsored spaceship. And all the work they did to help it safely land didn't really equate to any real flying experience.

It would have to be a valiant quest! A foray down into the depths of the treehouses innards, to converse and parlay with its mightiest of keepers, the beautious and magnanimous...

"Hey, Gadget!" Dale called out, walking into the garage. A vision of beauty could be seen gracing the workspace- wait no, Dale couldn't really see her. She was almost fully underneath an unknown machine, the tips of her feet waving back and forth in time to an unheard beat.

"Oh, good morning Dale," came the muffled reply as the grease streaked mechanic rolled her way out from under the unfinished contraption. "Say, could you stand over there real quick?" she asked as she emerged, pointing to a section of the floor marked with a red painted X.

"Anything for you, Gadget," Dale gushed in response as he quickly made his way over to the X. "So, what's this here things about supposed to do?"

Gadget had since disappeared halfway into the guts of the machine, her feet kicking freely in the air as she tweaked something inside and out of sight. "Well, originally it was supposed to an automatic sandwich maker," she replied, emerging with a spurt of oil that splashed upon the ground. With a careful wipe to get the gunk off her face, she turned to a bulky control unit housing a medley of different buttons.

"That didn't really work like how I thought it would, though. Turns out that assembling a non-solid structure like a sandwich has a ludicrous degree of irregular variance. Tomato chunks, everywhere," she shuddered. "So I reworked the internal mechanism to a sub modulating wavelength," she continued, shifting an antenna on the machine so it was pointing at Dale. "Now, hold out your hands."

Dale stifled a harsh gulp, holding his hands out in supplication. Gadget wouldn't really hurt him. The worst that could come from her little experiments would him being banged around from it exploding-

A visible ray of electricity shot forth from the antenna, landing on his brow. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't accompanied by a shock of- well, shock, or otherwise any force of any kind.

"Uh, so you said you changed it?" He stated uncertainly. "What's it supposed to do now?"

Gadget stalked forward, grabbing Dales hands and turning them over several times in her own in confusion.

"It was supposed to bring the sandwich to you," she grumbled, seeing no apparent reaction. "But it looks like the Ray had no perceivable effect at all-"

With a lurch that found Dale covered in surprised mouse, the entire tree resounded with a titanic crash. Machinery and parts spilled across the floor, creating a metallic halo around them.

"Huh, well if this is what happens feel free to shoot me with that thingamabob more often!" Dale glibly joked, gaining him a short glare as Gadget scrambled to her feet.

"That didn't come from the machine," she stated assuredly, "A tremor of that magnitude, inflicted on the entirety of the room... It must have been an impact on the tree from the outside!"

A short jaunt from the workshop to the nearest exit outside showed the truth of her words. Laying sprawled around the impressive girth of the trunk of their home lay the scattered remains of a human vehicle. The front half of the engine block was nothing more than scrap at this point, the driver dazedly prying himself from the miraculously untouched cab of the truck.

Dale restrained a full body shudder as heput the mental puzzle pieces together. "On second thought, I'm good with missing the next couple zappy sessions, Gadge."

Gadget peered down at the milling humans, the large bipeds berating the driver as he fussed over his quickly warming cargo. 'Saviches Sandwiches' stood stark on the crumpled sidepanels. Hmm.

"Golly."

Authors Notes:
Thanks to
@Eliar , @Lerticus and @t-dugong for giving me ideas for writing. Infinite sandwich machine, as well as Isekai machine.

Back
Top Bottom