What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Renaming Suggestion

@Horton if I may ask, what did give you the idea of naming this place Frozen In Carbonite? Because typing this site up on Google, it hasn't been properly indexed. And I keep getting stuff related to Star Wars instead. I suggest we do a name change of sorts?
Probably difficult to do that; he already bought the domain name. Then again, looking on SB he also owns other domain names (linked on his profile), so it may be perfectly doable for him. I'm sure he has a reason. Google does take time to index sites, too.

@Horton if I may ask, what did give you the idea of naming this place Frozen In Carbonite? Because typing this site up on Google, it hasn't been properly indexed. And I keep getting stuff related to Star Wars instead. I suggest we do a name change of sorts?
This is a fine and prudent question, but I believe it's a derail from this thread.

I attempting to think of a name that was somewhat SB themed, without just calling the site "Dakka" or something akin.

Name change would be rather hard at this point as I've already paid RL money and time for setting the site up.

As for indexing, that won't happen over night, I've already seen bots from Google on the site so it is indeed happening however.
I wonder about the General forum - it really isn't a "general" forum, rather a "fiction and gaming" forum. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have it renamed, then?
Done. :)

I attempting to think of a name that was somewhat SB themed, without just calling the site "Dakka" or something akin.

Name change would be rather hard at this point as I've already paid RL money and time for setting the site up.

As for indexing, that won't happen over night, I've already seen bots from Google on the site so it is indeed happening however.

Done. :)
I like the name. :)

I like it too, but It would be nice if we had a name for ourselves as a people. SpaceBattles had taken to calling members battlers which while it didn't roll off the tongue was at least somthing.

If we did end up changing the name I'd keep that in mind.

Also becouse I just finished watching Altered Carbon I keep calling this site "Altered Carbonite" in my head. I really like that name, but if you're not a fan of the series or the books I could understand going meh at it.

I like it too, but It would be nice if we had a name for ourselves as a people. SpaceBattles had taken to calling members battlers which while it didn't roll off the tongue was at least somthing.

If we did end up changing the name I'd keep that in mind.

Also becouse I just finished watching Altered Carbon I keep calling this site "Altered Carbonite" in my head. I really like that name, but if you're not a fan of the series or the books I could understand going meh at it.
Altered Carbon was good, but I could see it sending the wrong message in some ways as a name. Frozen in Carbonite is at worst innocuous.

I kind of like the collapsing of all the non-scifi stuff into one forum that SB had, made it a lot more efficient to see what was going on. Having a lot of empty forums is bad for forum health anyway.

Well, since Sufficient Velocity was already taken you could have gone with 'pee in her bum'.

I kid, I kid.

I never liked SB's layout. This one's is better.

Back
Top Bottom