What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French president overhears police officer ignoring domestic violence

Well, at least he wasn't actively participating in it unlike US police offcers..

Oof. There's screwing up in front of the boss and then there's screwing up in front of the Boss.

I wonder if there were any cameras present to catch the growing rage on Macron's face.

How fucked he is, hmm... Most likely he's going to be fucked severely in various kinky ways, albeit informally and/or less-than-officially. Judging from available information, i conclude that the guy's actions weren't the consequence of him being professionally retarded insensitive dickhead. Rather, he was simply following the existing guidelines he's supposed to abide by.

Also, i suspect the press is not telling the whole story.

@Rufus Shinra just how screwed is this officer? IIRC cops have been fired for less. And ignoring your boss is a "you are fired. Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect 200."
If, as @Kinetic points out, he was following the guidelines for his job and didn't make any personal wrongdoing? Then he is absolutely safe, as he should be. The jurisprudence is pretty clear on this, with the Conseil d'Etat's judgements Tomaso Greco (1905), though if he clearly went out of his way to fuck up, then he'll be sued and probably fired as well (Anguet, 1911), and the damage wasn't caused by the police officer's use of a weapon (Consorts Lecomte, 1949). Macron knows these precedents way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I'd ever do, and he isn't Sarkozy, AKA someone who'll try to make public examples even though he doesn't have the tools for it or the legality on his side.

If it is indeed a fuck-up due to the guidelines and rules of engagement of the police force, then the administration itself is to blame, not the officer. Screwing up in front of the president himself is pretty much irrelevant for you as an individual (and is moreso the lower you are on the hierarchy's scale) as long as the screw-up comes from the rules and regulations. If the fault can be detached from your service, then you're fucked. TLDR, the only administrative job that are subject to the arbitrary of the government are the highest ones, for which there is no parachute or safety net, like the préfet de Paris who got outmaneuvered a second time by the Yellow Jackets and got fired overnight for it: Darth Vader strangles admirals but do not randomly execute stormtroopers who got fucked by their orders or their protocol.

Well hopefully it was regulation to be blamed. Fixing that is easier than some guys career. And hopefully there wont be a repeat of this.

Well hopefully it was regulation to be blamed. Fixing that is easier than some guys career. And hopefully there wont be a repeat of this.
There's a reasonable chance the whole thing goes to the Administrative Court. Depending on the specifics of the situation, and if the officer didn't fuck up in terms of decision process considering their guidelines, I guess the judge could settle for a responsibility without fault for the administration, allowing for some compensations, but that's pretty much it.

Macron isn't crazy enough to get involved personally in this stuff. No good reason for it and way too much backlash from the police considering how much work they had to provide with the Yellow Jacket shit.

If, as @Kinetic points out, he was following the guidelines for his job and didn't make any personal wrongdoing? Then he is absolutely safe, as he should be. The jurisprudence is pretty clear on this, with the Conseil d'Etat's judgements Tomaso Greco (1905), though if he clearly went out of his way to fuck up, then he'll be sued and probably fired as well (Anguet, 1911), and the damage wasn't caused by the police officer's use of a weapon (Consorts Lecomte, 1949). Macron knows these precedents way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I'd ever do, and he isn't Sarkozy, AKA someone who'll try to make public examples even though he doesn't have the tools for it or the legality on his side.

If it is indeed a fuck-up due to the guidelines and rules of engagement of the police force, then the administration itself is to blame, not the officer. Screwing up in front of the president himself is pretty much irrelevant for you as an individual (and is moreso the lower you are on the hierarchy's scale) as long as the screw-up comes from the rules and regulations. If the fault can be detached from your service, then you're fucked. TLDR, the only administrative job that are subject to the arbitrary of the government are the highest ones, for which there is no parachute or safety net, like the préfet de Paris who got outmaneuvered a second time by the Yellow Jackets and got fired overnight for it: Darth Vader strangles admirals but do not randomly execute stormtroopers who got fucked by their orders or their protocol.
The article does state Macron himself wrote the operator a little note that outlined how legally the Gendarme was obligated to help out.

Now I know any reporting is likely to be sensationalised and twisted but this:

The article said:
Macron silently shook his head and wrote a note on a piece of paper, handing it to the operator.

"It's the gendarme's job to protect her when there is a clear risk," with or without any extra judicial permission, the note said.

does make it seem like someone's ass is grass for the Macronmower.

The article does state Macron himself wrote the operator a little note that outlined how legally the Gendarme was obligated to help out.

Now I know any reporting is likely to be sensationalised and twisted but this:

does make it seem like someone's ass is grass for the Macronmower.
Yes, that is their mission, congratulations for stating the evidence, Manu', though whether the operator made a personal fault has yet to be determined by the courts.

To be a fly on the wall when the Disciplinary panel has a look at this.
Why so? It got a bit mediatized, but that's not going to go much further as far as Macron is involved. As I said, he knows better than 99,9999 % of the population how the administrative judges are independent from the government.

That wa s abit tasteless side not avoid drinking and forum posting.

I do wonder why this news reached anywhere outside of franc eor europe as it doesnt seem that big but for soem reason the news sites I feequent decided to cover it.

Why so? It got a bit mediatized, but that's not going to go much further as far as Macron is involved. As I said, he knows better than 99,9999 % of the population how the administrative judges are independent from the government.

True. De Tocqueville would spin in his grave if he learned that a president was interfering with an administrative hearing in police misconduct.

Well, france's politics aren't *as* mediatized as the USA's, so I doubt this will make too much echo.

Still doing a looot better even than Italy atm (regarding populist polarization):

Back
Top Bottom