What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen food.

Salbazier

I dunno, seeing the pinned post just made think of frozen food. :p So I guess why not? Seems like a new theme for food thread.

So what kind of frozen, ready made food you like or recently try?

Recently bought some ready made kaarages, because I've been buying some kaarages in restaurant as ricebox and they taste quite good (I don't expect it to be as good the ones I buy in restaurant, but it sparked curiousity). I don't usually like buying instead ready made products like this.

Sausages count as pre-cooked frozen food isn't? That was the staple my household mostly buy since eons ago. Used to bought Farmhouse beef ones, but price has been rising and new cheaper products of their lilne taste bad, so we switch to... I don't know what brand my mother is buying now actually. I think its chicken now. Thinking of it, there's probably more flour and seanoning to its taste than the meat, especially since chicken isn't that flavoury. But eh. I want to try buying the premium/more unique sausages sometimes, but the high price make shy of buying it.

Hmm, thining about it, I want to buy smoked beefs again (frozen and smoked... doubling down on preservation there). Smoked beef turn out to taste really good in soup.

Tried out some really nice frozen roti canai recently. They're just rightly sized, not too thick and not too thin, they come in several flavours and my sister have been using them as the base for her imitation pizza thing (well, roti canai base, tomato sauce with mushrooms and cut up hotdogs slathered in melted cheese). Yummy.

Frozen corn veges are pretty good...

I wonder what frozen corn on ice cream, will taste like?

I get a lot of frozen veggies in general.

Back
Top Bottom