What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamer Leaks British Military Secrets To A Russia Video-Game Company To Prove Its Tank Model Is Wrong

gaijin pls

Yeah, that made the rounds on Discord. Absolutely magnificent, reminding me how Doc_Holliday was eager to ask other Marines for classified information about the F-35 to make a point on SB while being egged on by the Russian posters.

It is a better compromat than buying him with his beloved yellow crayons. Comerades in Lubianka must have had a good laugh. And people are astonished you can penetrate NATO at leisure.

They have no blame whatsoever, as they contacted the British MoD ASAP and cooperated with them.

We both know that these specs are already dissiminated throught the net and intrested parties. No amount of cleaner soft will do anything now.

It is a better compromat than buying him with his beloved yellow crayons. Comerades in Lubianka must have had a good laugh. And people are astonished you can penetrate NATO at leisure.
Right now, they must not be laughing, though, as they just arrested the director of a hypersonic weapon development lab for high treason.

Right now, they must not be laughing, though, as they just arrested the director of a hypersonic weapon development lab for high treason.
Yeah, of course Polniet is rife with prediction of incoming spymania and Stalinist purges.
I do wonder what pushed that 73 year old scientist - money, health assistance or kompromat? I do wonder if that was another vengenance from beyond the grave or maybe another pseudo-democrat. Given his age he was deeply rooted in the mil-industrial complex actually.

Wish I could still say I was surprised by shit like this

I do wonder what pushed that 73 year old scientist - money, health assistance or kompromat? I do wonder if that was another vengenance from beyond the grave or maybe another pseudo-democrat. Given his age he was deeply rooted in the mil-industrial complex actually.
Rumour has it that this may be connected to his participation in the 5th European Conference for Aeronautics and Space Sciences in Munich, giving a talk on "Conversion of hydrocarbon fuel in a thermal protection reactors of hypersonic aircraft" (hypersonics). I have no idea if this is 'the' reason in that the actual accusation may be ultimately about something completely different, but it meseems like it would be a bad idea for someone in that field to give international talks on this topic at all, even if it did not involve specific secrets.

Another hypothesis is that FSB really wants to clamp down on researches in sensitive areas participating in international collaboration regardless of whether actual secrets leak, a as risk management policy, or that someone there is building their career in finding would-be spies. None of these guesses are even mutually exclusive, however. Understandably, there is no public information.

Oh...

I think I've seen the guy at the official Gaijin Forums. I kinda don't wanna know if this is the exact same guy, let's just say that he is very passionate about the Challenger.

I mean, as a British main in War Thunder, I can feel the pain of crap tanks, but c'mon! This is a game!!

This is gonna get messier as more details will probably emerge.

Last edited:
Oh...

I think I've seen the guy at the official Gaijin Forums. I kinda don't wanna know if this is the exact same guy, let's just say that he is very passionate about the Challenger.

I mean, as a British main in War Thunder, I can feel the pain of crap tanks, but c'mon! This is a game!!

This is gonna get messier as more details will probably emerge.

WoT is original idea for evolution of good old SIMNET (and yes, THAT SIMNET), but with better graphics and more or less integrated physics model. Switch values and you more or less get yourself a real simulator for crunching real scenarios. In the end all of these are Excel tables with graphical overlay. CMANO and Harpoon have the same issue, add real values and you can simulate outcome of conflicts. But real data is relatively hard to come by.

CMANO and Harpoon have the same issue, add real values and you can simulate outcome of conflicts. But real data is relatively hard to come by.
Yeah no. Definitely nope.

CMANO's strength is on the strategic/logistics side of things, the combat itself being a very blunt simulation with many elements such as proper ECM effects or sensors being incredibly simplified among other things (the less said about RCS management in the game the better). Getting the real values wouldn't change much to the value of the sim', because its strategic side is good enough that combat is properly decided hours to days before it actually start. Plus, simulating the outcome of a conflict requires multiplayer mode, which isn't available anyway for the general public. Then there are the fog of war issues, the latency in communications and order transmissions, etc. Do not take these games for more than they are.

Yeah no. Definitely nope.

CMANO's strength is on the strategic/logistics side of things, the combat itself being a very blunt simulation with many elements such as proper ECM effects or sensors being incredibly simplified among other things (the less said about RCS management in the game the better). Getting the real values wouldn't change much to the value of the sim', because its strategic side is good enough that combat is properly decided hours to days before it actually start. Plus, simulating the outcome of a conflict requires multiplayer mode, which isn't available anyway for the general public. Then there are the fog of war issues, the latency in communications and order transmissions, etc. Do not take these games for more than they are.

That is why these programs are games, not real simulators. They do not possess required alghoritms and additional layers, which could be remedied with programming additional layers and options. Still in the absence of comercially avaiable tools, for the sake of our local discussions is more than adequate, which I was implying (crudly).

Back
Top Bottom