What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modern General awkward questions thread

Mark Poe

The majestic cock
Writing Champ
Let's be honest. there are times when some of us are writing stories/timelines and whatnot and we really need to know something, but the question itself is rather... not socially acceptable in most circumstances. So this is the thread for that kinds of questions (and hopefully get answers for them too).

Some ground rules:

-no shaming people for the nature of their questions, the mods will take care of the actual douchebags
-ask serious questions. Guys, the shitpost thread is over yonder
-give serious answers (jokes ones at least after someone has already given a serious answer)
----------------

So to start...

So yeah, I kinda need to know which chemical weapons are the most effective against targets that are at the medieval level (think low magic generic fantasy world), and what chemical weapons that would let the readers know that the character/faction that uses them are absolutely morally bankrupt and probably sadistic (I have a suspicion that the two conditions are mostly separate).

Edit: also, said chemical weapons need to be able to be manufactured with an early 20th century tech base.

Last edited:
From an unholy series of biological reactions resulting from the temporary physical union of two samples of the same species... for most species anyways. I heard the frogs do it differently.

The way the ducks do it are really interesting though:

Damn it you were too quick.

Ok serious question: What is the general opinion on lobotomised servitude? Its for a story. Yes there will be people opposed to this and people who like it a lot in the story.

Ok serious question: What is the general opinion on lobotomised servitude? Its for a story. Yes there will be people opposed to this and people who like it a lot in the story.
I think context of the wider culture (in setting) as well as the general tech levels are variables to be considered. That being said from a perspective of someone living in one of the Euro-Atlantic democracies during the early part of the 21st century would probably react with horror and disgust.

Important question for context: why are those people lobotomised?

That said, it's a way of dehumanizing humans to excuse treating them like cattle, I vote that as a pretty fucked up premise, which doesn't necessarily mean you can't write a decent horror story or satire about modern labour conditions using this premise.

Let's be honest. there are times when some of us are writing stories/timelines and whatnot and we really need to know something, but the question itself is rather... not socially acceptable in most circumstances. So this is the thread for that kinds of questions (and hopefully get answers for them too).

Some ground rules:

-no shaming people for the nature of their questions, the mods will take care of the actual douchebags
-ask serious questions. Guys, the shitpost thread is over yonder
-give serious answers (jokes ones at least after someone has already given a serious answer)
----------------

So to start...

So yeah, I kinda need to know which chemical weapons are the most effective against targets that are at the medieval level (think low magic generic fantasy world), and what chemical weapons that would let the readers know that the character/faction that uses them are absolutely morally bankrupt and probably sadistic (I have a suspicion that the two conditions are mostly separate).

Edit: also, said chemical weapons need to be able to be manufactured with an early 20th century tech base.

I think WW1 chemical weapons are what you are looking for mostly. Chlorine for example is pretty damn sadistic and mostly effective. If you want something that disables and is mostly non lethal your best bet would probably be some sort of tear gas, but the problem you would face would be producing any sort of gas in sufficient quantities and of course the wind.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Servitor

Back
Top Bottom