What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germany's military missing over 72000 rounds of ammunition

Alias

This figure includes some 48,000 rounds that went missing from the army's elite Special Forces Command (KSK) unit who been dealing with it's own scandal recently. Though some the ammunition has been recovered.

Last edited:
Given that the Germans are a people almost fanatically devoted to accuracy and timetables, this is most disturbing. I suspect this is no mere accounting error.

Bah! The US is there for defense. What need for domestic armies exist?/s

More seriously, this just perpetuates the happy status quo of Europe's Giant being peacefully asleep. Let us not fret over it.

The Prussians getting warlike again helps nobody.

Worrying but the figure is a tad low to hit the alarm button just yet.

48k rounds of ammunition may sound alot but its really a couple o weeks worth of moderate shooting practice for a platoon.
But it would be manna from heaven for some terrorist group. You can kill alot of defensless people with 48 thousand bullets.

Besides, Germany isn't exactly a Prime terrorism target. The communists collapsed, the jihadis are as good as collapsed, and there's nobody else around.

Pretty easy to obtain in much, much less high-profile fashion. Ammunition isn't exactly a hard to find commodity, even in countries with gun regulations. Hell, you could get that legally in most of Europe without trouble.
Regardless, whomever has them has them now.

popopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopopblampopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopbangpopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopop
---

What!?

---
buddabuddabuddapopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopopbangbangbangblammopopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopop

If this were the U.S., particularly at this point in time, I'd be concerned but no...

Besides, Germany isn't exactly a Prime terrorism target. The communists collapsed, the jihadis are as good as collapsed, and there's nobody else around.
On the other hand, Neo-Nazis are still a thing and active in Germany. It's only a matter of time before we hear any news about "a number of Muslims/Jews/non-white Germans killed by far-right white supremacist terrorists attackers".

On the other hand, Neo-Nazis are still a thing and active in Germany. It's only a matter of time before we hear any news about "a number of Muslims/Jews/non-white Germans killed by far-right white supremacist terrorists attackers".
As I said before, ammunition can easily be obtained in such numbers even legally in European countries. This "event" isn't a particularly special terrorism enabler.

Last edited:
As I said before, ammunition can easily be obtained in such numbers even legally in European countries. This "event" isn't a particularly special terrorism enabler.
I hope you are right. I doubt it, but I honestly hope you are.

I hope you are right. I doubt it, but I honestly hope you are.
Dude, my family has guns, I know precisely how easy it is to buy ammunition here. Stop having nonsensical fantasies about white supremacy terrorism. Hell, if access to ammunition was the main enabler of terrorism, the US would be a warzone by now. Access to guns themselves is a serious limiter to regular gun violence (small-time crime, organized or not, school shootings, that kind of things). Anyone ready and willing to organize an actual terrorist cell will have a lot of other issues to face than ammunition, lol.

Dude, my family has guns, I know precisely how easy it is to buy ammunition here. Stop having nonsensical fantasies about white supremacy terrorism. Hell, if access to ammunition was the main enabler of terrorism, the US would be a warzone by now. Access to guns themselves is a serious limiter to regular gun violence (small-time crime, organized or not, school shootings, that kind of things). Anyone ready and willing to organize an actual terrorist cell will have a lot of other issues to face than ammunition, lol.
Who said anything about "White supremacy" ? I didn't. WHOMEVER got those rounds, is a potential danger. But skin color has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom