What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

That's not extremely high. We currently have alloys that can do nearly twice that.
But do they keep their strength and rigidity at those temperatures?

[x] Helm Database Release:
Perhaps it might be a good idea to release the entirety of the Helm Database to one or more nations of the Inner Sphere. It would certainly lead to some diplomatic gains.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 5ß%, Reward: +15 to diplomacy with one or more Inner Sphere nations
-All of them

Honestly, I am agreeing with @Durabys, if Hanse or FedCom keeps playing stupid games should we teach the Taurians how to build full warship yards and help them with the construction. Having others to help pin down FedCom would be nice. If we get a chance to perform operational planning against FedCom would we need to go for a decapitation strike?

Honestly, I am agreeing with @Durabys, if Hanse or FedCom keeps playing stupid games should we teach the Taurians how to build full warship yards and help them with the construction. Having others to help pin down FedCom would be nice. If we get a chance to perform operational planning against FedCom would we need to go for a decapitation strike?
@Blade4
This is what I am concerned about. Hanse has a faction of ComStar working for him. Part of the technophile/technodistributionist faction.
Based on talks in the NAIS, a company known as Interconnectedness Unlimited had been approached to produce the Compact Jump Cores needed for these new WarShips.
These are the people that in OTL build the prototype Double Jumper and 1000LY-Jumper...in the late 30th century.

This means that the window is closing on us having decisive strategic mobility. Because in with Lithium Fusion Battery, a WarShip with Double Jump core can do 120 Light Years per week easily. AKA: 17 LY per day. We can do only 15 LY per day.
@Warringer
Can we get the Double Jumper? Because we definitely do not have that tech because we are sub-17LY per day.

[x] Humanitarian Aid IV: Farnham's Planet

We need to spend diplomatic action on something that is giving technology to savages that want to kill us.

They will never be grateful and could it use as an opportunity to attack us. Again. Keep in mind they are the ones who we had the best relationship and yet we were attacked by them despite the ruling house denied responsibility.
No we need to give tech to the one group of savages who at least pretend to play nice so when the worst group of savages who think eternal war and strict caste systems with only warriors matter is a good thing comes through they are actually a speed bump and bleed them a bit before we throw down with them. Though at this point i would not mind the FedCom basically getting hammered all that much. Sucks for the people caught up in the insanity when the clans come through temper tampering because how dare they not be the greatest things every and reality slap them.

A decapatation strike would be difficult unless we are willing to commit war crimes and smite planets. Take out like 4 or 5 worlds and both sides of the FedCom are fucked up. Taking out the ruling family would be difficult and still might not work because as befitting thousand year old families they got a lot of branches. We could kill like the top 50 people on the list to inherit and they probable could still find a heir somewhere.

But if we want to go that route we can crush the FedCom without setting foot on worlds because they got shit defenses and generations of only mechs matter clouding their perceptions

@Blade4
This is what I am concerned about. Hanse has a faction of ComStar working for him. Part of the technophile/technodistributionist faction.

These are the people that in OTL build the prototype Double Jumper and 1000LY-Jumper...in the late 30th century.

This means that the window is closing on us having decisive strategic mobility. Because in with Lithium Fusion Battery, a WarShip with Double Jump core can do 120 Light Years per week easily. AKA: 17 LY per day. We can do only 15 LY per day.
@Warringer
Can we get the Double Jumper? Because we definitely do not have that tech because we are sub-17LY per day.
Dude we can jump a 100 light years a go and can travel practically another 30 i think while waiting for the core to recharge. We can actually build ships in a timely matter and know what we are doing while they will need a decade to even try to get a fleet out. If we let them and not just knock out their fleet yards in lightening strikes. Even if they can jump a 1000 lightyear so what? All our critical stuff is under heavy security grids. They jump a 1000 lightyears to die on our guns anyway.

@Warringer
Is this our maximum speed?

100ly per week?
100ly per 5 days, during which we can make about 30 to 37.4ly The Everchanging Black.
Dude we can jump a 100 light years a go and can travel practically another 30 i think while waiting for the core to recharge. We can actually build ships in a timely matter and know what we are doing while they will need a decade to even try to get a fleet out. If we let them and not just knock out their fleet yards in lightening strikes. Even if they can jump a 1000 lightyear so what? All our critical stuff is under heavy security grids. They jump a 1000 lightyears to die on our guns anyway.
Exactly.

Additionally, even without HFEG, we cah go through deep space as we charge from our reactors.

100ly per 5 days, during which we can make about 30 to 37.4ly The Everchanging Black.

Exactly.

Additionally, even without HFEG, we cah go through deep space as we charge from our reactors.
@Blade4
I propose we start building deep interstellar space supply depots and staging facilities inside the Sphere in-between its star systems. Just in the worst-case scenario of a full FedCom invasion, we could instantly retaliate within a single week with a full decapitation strike on New Avalon and Tharkad.

Last edited:
No we need to give tech to the one group of savages who at least pretend to play nice so when the worst group of savages who think eternal war and strict caste systems with only warriors matter is a good thing comes through they are actually a speed bump and bleed them a bit before we throw down with them. Though at this point i would not mind the FedCom basically getting hammered all that much. Sucks for the people caught up in the insanity when the clans come through temper tampering because how dare they not be the greatest things every and reality slap them.
We don't know if Clans are going to attack them as per canon or will attack us because they did receive some knowledge about us from the ship we lost and because Nova Cat defected. Of course, you can argue they would make a beeline to Terra, but since we blockade Terra at the moment we are bound to receive the Crusader Clans hatred and they can as well as make a trip to Terra through us. Since Nova Cats didn't need to go through IS to get to us, none of the clans would. We might as well as being attacked by IS and Clans at the same time and even though they would fight each other afterward inevitably, we wouldn't be around to see it. Keep in mind Helm database is manufacturing technology as well, and whatever plan they have for building ships to attack us would be notably sped up, and we would lose the only thing that keeps us alive which is our technological advantage. Clans have original Star League tech base, i.e. something we would give to IS, and as our exercise with Nova Cat only thing that gave us an advantage was tactics Clan's Warriors were unwilling to change.

@Blade4
I propose we start building deep interstellar space supply depots and staging facilities inside the Sphere in-between its star systems. Just in the worst-case scenario of a full FedCom invasion, we could instantly retaliate within a single week with a full decapitation strike on New Avalon and Tharkad.
We have ftl capable stations that could be dispatched if needed that can certainly fulfill the role. Though in case of war we might be better served eating the invasion force first then deep striking but yeah can set it up.

We don't know if Clans are going to attack them as per canon or will attack us because they did receive some knowledge about us from the ship we lost and because Nova Cat defected. Of course, you can argue they would make a beeline to Terra, but since we blockade Terra at the moment we are bound to receive the Crusader Clans hatred and they can as well as make a trip to Terra through us. Since Nova Cats didn't need to go through IS to get to us, none of the clans would. We might as well as being attacked by IS and Clans at the same time and even though they would fight each other afterward inevitably, we wouldn't be around to see it. Keep in mind Helm database is manufacturing technology as well, and whatever plan they have for building ships to attack us would be notably sped up, and we would lose the only thing that keeps us alive which is our technological advantage. Clans have original Star League tech base, i.e. something we would give to IS, and as our exercise with Nova Cat only thing that gave us an advantage was tactics Clan's Warriors were unwilling to change.
We have insufficient data to say but my gut says a desperate irrational drive to Terra. Perhaps they think they can save it or that the IS has proven unworthy of the homeworld. We might get hit to but honestly next turn is the earliest we might get hard data to plan. Also they have Helm to. Everyone has Helm. We just decoded it first. They will either way but handing it out gets browny points we can use for or own purposes and you greatly overestimate the clans. They will sweep in not expecting us or our great naval advantage and we will kick the shit out of them. They cant even hope to take a homeworld on unless it is 5 plus clans working together and they by their very nature cannot work together. Any war would be ugly but we can hold out pretty well as is and let them and the IS kick the shit out of each other then move in and deal with the problem.

Last edited:
We have insufficient data to say but my gut says a desperate irrational drive to Terra. Perhaps they think they can save it or that the IS has proven unworthy of the homeworld. We might get hit to but honestly next turn is the earliest we might get hard data to plan. Also they have Helm to. Everyone has Helm. We just decoded it first. They will either way but handing it out gets browny points we can use for or own purposes and you greatly overestimate the clans. They will sweep in not expecting us or our great naval advantage and we will kick the shit out of them. They cant even hope to take a homeworld on unless it is 5 plus clans working together and they by their very nature cannot work together. Any war would be ugly but we can hold out pretty well as is and let them and the IS kick the shit out of each other then move in and deal with the problem.
And our mission to Clan Space keeps failing again, again and again, so we might not find out until it is too late. Having 5 or more Clans attacking us is possible as it is roughly the number which went to IS anyway, and overestimating enemies is always better than underestimating them. Besides, IS isn't afraid of us, and releasing the technology wouldn't make them afraid either, you see the reaction from Terra they also don't believe we have technology or advantage either. They wouldn't release the tech, and neither we should. We will have to fight them eventually and we need every advantage we can get.

And our mission to Clan Space keeps failing again, again and again, so we might not find out until it is too late. Having 5 or more Clans attacking us is possible as it is roughly the number which went to IS anyway, and overestimating enemies is always better than underestimating them. Besides, IS isn't afraid of us, and releasing the technology wouldn't make them afraid either, you see the reaction from Terra they also don't believe we have technology or advantage either. They wouldn't release the tech, and neither we should. We will have to fight them eventually and we need every advantage we can get.
5 clans that were only not fighting each other because they were racing to Terra. Never forget the clans are meant to forever compete amongst each other and everything is decided by violence or can be. And the Is is totally afraid of us. They just dont show it. We have warship fleets and they do not. We have divisions of troops when they have trouble standing up regiments. With new gear when they are barely keeping centuries old factories working. With troops so good they can stand with the best of the houses and still win sometime easily. There is a reason Katrina did not contest. She knew it was not worth it. Half our problem is we are to good. To fantastical. These people think the only people on the periphery are mad max crazies scrounging with scrap not a emergent hyper power that keeps finding new ways to flip the table on all they know.

As is we can take the IS right now and probable can 10 years from now. We just cant hold the IS unless willing to go full bastard. Tell our fleet to go search and destroy every jumpship and yard they can find and the IS is fucked.

So can someone explain what is going on with hyperwave faults? Also why would LOKI want to attack us? I tjoight they answered to the Archon and wouldn't they know that Katrina is trying to become a friend or ally to the OCP?

So can someone explain what is going on with hyperwave faults?
Not yet. ;)
Also why would LOKI want to attack us? I tjoight they answered to the Archon and wouldn't they know that Katrina is trying to become a friend or ally to the OCP?
Loki does what Loki things is best for the Commonwealth to protect it from whatever threat they see. They see the OCP as a threat to the Commonwealth.

[X] Helm Database Release:
Perhaps it might be a good idea to release the entirety of the Helm Database to one or more nations of the Inner Sphere. It would certainly lead to some diplomatic gains.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 5ß%, Reward: +15 to diplomacy with one or more Inner Sphere nations
-All of them

@Warringer did we ever sign any piece of paper with the IS powers that is based on the ares conventions, or to be more precise did we ever sign anything that would prevent us from using hostile jumpships for target practice?

Loki does what Loki things is best for the Commonwealth to protect it from whatever threat they see. They see the OCP as a threat to the Commonwealth.
[/QUOTE]
So the Lyrans have what amounts to terriorist with no control over them? That seems like a great way for them to shoot themselves in the foot if these idiots find a threat when their is none. Why would anyone trust the Lyrans if they can't control their own intellgance service. Before anyone asks I know about heimdall, they really seem to have dropped the ball.

@Warringer did we ever sign any piece of paper with the IS powers that is based on the ares conventions, or to be more precise did we ever sign anything that would prevent us from using hostile jumpships for target practice?
We never signed any such convention. And we have destroyed a few Jump Ships before. Even whe the IS powers were watching.

So the Lyrans have what amounts to terriorist with no control over them? That seems like a great way for them to shoot themselves in the foot if these idiots find a threat when their is none. Why would anyone trust the Lyrans if they can't control their own intellgance service. Before anyone asks I know about heimdall, they really seem to have dropped the ball.
The archon is supposed to have hard control on them. LOKI is like a hyper active immune system it just attacks and is barely controllable but there are supposed to be some checks. As for lack of control again its a endemic problem of the houses noble system. People and organizations go rogue a lot. At least in this case i assume Katrina had no idea LOKI was picking a fight with people who could wreck the lyran state if provoked. It makes no sense for t his to be a sanction action with their everything tied up on the other border trying to hold down the combine. Honestly i would sooner think it was ROM leftovers or someone else than a sanctioned LOKI op.
We never signed any such convention. And we have destroyed a few Jump Ships before. Even whe the IS powers were watching.
Which is one more thing to make them twitchy because you do not just blow up jumpships. They really do not want to provoke us into 1st/2nd succession war total war because they will lose.

The archon is supposed to have hard control on them. LOKI is like a hyper active immune system it just attacks and is barely controllable but there are supposed to be some checks. As for lack of control again its a endemic problem of the houses noble system. People and organizations go rogue a lot. At least in this case i assume Katrina had no idea LOKI was picking a fight with people who could wreck the lyran state if provoked. It makes no sense for t his to be a sanction action with their everything tied up on the other border trying to hold down the combine. Honestly i would sooner think it was ROM leftovers or someone else than a sanctioned LOKI op.

As for LOKI, Katrina has never really had control of them. She has the support of HEIMDALL, the group that was basically created to counter LOKI's actions. LOKI is basically a group that is supporting almost any other Steiner that was trying to overthrow Katrina. She never had any use for them since they were used to Hunt down herself and the Kell's under Allesandro's reign as Archon.

As for LOKI, Katrina has never really had control of them. She has the support of HEIMDALL, the group that was basically created to counter LOKI's actions. LOKI is basically a group that is supporting almost any other Steiner that was trying to overthrow Katrina. She never had any use for them since they were used to Hunt down herself and the Kell's under Allesandro's reign as Archon.
Then one more reason for her to keep hammering them.

[x] Helm Database Release:
Perhaps it might be a good idea to release the entirety of the Heml Database to one or more nations of the Inner Sphere. It would certainly lead to some diplomatic gains.
-All of them

Just out of curiosity, will Hanse be livid that his spy was revealed? Was he trying to weaken us by political infighting? or did he just want info on what was occurring in the OCP government? I thought he was wary of us but not to the point of doing actions that might result in a cutting of ties or even a cassus bellei?

One thing that I am really trying to find out is why are we that upset/surprised that Hanse is spying on us? WE have spies in NIAS and throughout the FedCom and the IS. Hell we are sending a spying mission against the clans who we know nothing about and have done nothing to us. Hell we have a whole section at the end of our updates that go over what we have learned from our spies.

If we are being real here, we started spying on the Lyran Commonwealth before they knew we existed and are still spying on them to this day. Its hypocritical of us to be upset that Hanse was spying on us.

Also, I am sure that Marik, Laio, the Magistry of Canopus and the Taurians are spying on us as well. We have just not been able to catch them yet. Hell, I am sure that the Illyrian Palatinate and the Lothian League are spying on us as well to a degree.

One thing that I am really trying to find out is why are we that upset/surprised that Hanse is spying on us? WE have spies in NIAS and throughout the FedCom and the IS. Hell we are sending a spying mission against the clans who we know nothing about and have done nothing to us. Hell we have a whole section at the end of our updates that go over what we have learned from our spies.

If we are being real here, we started spying on the Lyran Commonwealth before they knew we existed and are still spying on them to this day. Its hypocritical of us to be upset that Hanse was spying on us.

Also, I am sure that Marik, Laio, the Magistry of Canopus and the Taurians are spying on us as well. We have just not been able to catch them yet. Hell, I am sure that the Illyrian Palatinate and the Lothian League are spying on us as well to a degree.
Honestly I don't know why, maybe it was all of hanse's other bs and the high position. I shouldn't be suprised by it

Back
Top Bottom