What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

Well... They have to get the correct navigation software through, as there is something that seems to destroy spacecraft in HF space moving along the wrong dimension.
Hmm something we do need to lock down then and something we should try to research as some time ourselves. Might get nothing might crack open entire new fields.

Hmm something we do need to lock down then and something we should try to research as some time ourselves. Might get nothing might crack open entire new fields.
For plot reasons, that is not possible.

[X] Marian Agents:
With the A Ship With A View having returned, it might be a good idea to use it and its dropships to insert several agents onto one or more Marian worlds using a trade mission as a cover. This would allow us to gather more information about the Marian Hegemony and possibly set up an intelligence network.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Continous information about the Marian Hegemony, 30% chance of emplacing intelligence network
Selection invalidates 'Marian Intelligence'

[X] Long Range Diplomacy - Lyran Commonwealth:
The first of the Long Duration Deep Cover Surveilannce Missions has been completed and some believe that it is time to contact the first large Inner Sphere nation, in this case the Lyran Commonwealth. They are likely more interested in business deals as a mostly mercantine nation, they are less likely to try any military operations against the WCDC.
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Contact with the Lyran Commonwealth

Is this part of the Endgame Crisis?
No, that is part of the original Growing Horizon Setting. There are technically creatures inhabiting The Everchanging Black (aka Heim-FEynman Space) that take offense if something from inside them (8 dimensional being) move where they should not. Think of us slapping an annoying fly. They don't care about us, but don't actively go full Elder God, so they are not at all important to anything in universe.
Well that should prove interesting down the road.

Note to self invent phase disruptor tech fucking Unbidden shitheads...
See above. They will not really come into play much. But it does explain certain...events...

See above. They will not really come into play much. But it does explain certain...events...
You mean the Philadelphia Event?
https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/thumb/f/fb/TAS_Philadelphia.png/280px-e4ljx40r6jovry6m8pq8g2zfdxo5hr6.png?timestamp=20140201222328

So the Emperor that is talking to Snow Raven is one of those beings or a project of theirs?

So more like node drive from sword of the stars where the node space you go through is occupied by utterly alien life forms and they don't care for assholes steaking through their houses?

Edit: Part of me wants to leave bad navigation data where it can be found so when the houses try they meet with tragic losses.

Last edited:
You mean the Philadelphia Event?
https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/thumb/f/fb/TAS_Philadelphia.png/280px-e4ljx40r6jovry6m8pq8g2zfdxo5hr6.png?timestamp=20140201222328

So the Emperor that is talking to Snow Raven is one of those beings or a project of theirs?
To a degree... Why do you think the Emperor is said to be reincarnated again and agein for the past 3000 years? Or how could a certain AI god (retired) have talked to the the Clanner either?
So more like node drive from sword of the stars where the node space you go through is occupied by utterly alien life forms and they don't care for assholes steaking through their houses?

Edit: Part of me wants to leave bad navigation data where it can be found so when the houses try they meet with tragic losses.
They are okay with 'assholes streaking through their houses'. But streaking through the bed room/bath room is not okay.

Wait. Patan has the same powers as the Emperor...and they are from the same species???

...so in your universe, the Humans are the Tau and the Xeno are the Imperium of Man with a GEOM and Omnisiah?! o_O
Patan? You mean Petan? No, he is just your 3000 year old PTSD suffering AI Warship.

I mean Adam Prometheus, the by now over 100 year old ASI, who was made as the ultimate decision finding algorithm and got connected to an animalistic 8 dimensional creature when he was fitted with an experimental quantum computer and awakened into sentience at that time, without really knowing that he is technically an 8d creature connected to 4d AI. Technically he's the first human ASI, only awaking three days after Alphabet Inc. turned on the first AGI.

Patan? You mean Petan? No, he is just your 3000 year old PTSD suffering AI Warship.

I mean Adam Prometheus, the by now over 100 year old ASI, who was made as the ultimate decision finding algorithm and got connected to an animalistic 8 dimensional creature when he was fitted with an experimental quantum computer and awakened into sentience at that time, without really knowing that he is technically an 8d creature connected to 4d AI. Technically he's the first human ASI, only awaking three days after Alphabet Inc. turned on the first AGI.
Are there other ASI's?

Are there other ASI's?
Quite a few. Some are human, some Quetzal, some Tiaunt. But the majority are Europan, but those are safely at Europa, not wanting to interact. And no ASI outside of Adam is part 8d creature.

Does anyone know about 8D creatures?
Only the Emperor of Jerat and Adam, after the Emperor filled him in. And they keep it quiet.

Only the Emperor of Jerat and Adam, after the Emperor filled him in. And they keep it quiet.
So the Emperor is biological/meatbag version of what Adam is?

Oh my. Do you know what would be interesting? After this is over, and the ISOTed Sol System&company accumulated all the tech from the IS and defeated the big bads...the Sol Cluster gets ISOTed yet again..to Warhammer 40k: Hard Mode Is Now On.

Oh my. Do you know what would be interesting? After this is over, and the ISOTed Sol System&company accumulated all the tech from the IS and defeated the big bads...the Sol Cluster gets ISOTed yet again..to Warhammer 40k: Hard Mode Is Now On.
No we will just die.

No we will just die.
We would be lost. Presumed eaten by locals.

Sheesh, I'm just glad we're dealing with indifferent metaphysical beings instead of Event Horizoning through hyperspace.

Well... I can't come up with decent combat vehicle designs...

So lets have a little design challenge... Get me a design for a IFV, a scout, self-driving artillery (rocket and kinetic) and a transport truck. And maybe more.

Each design that I make canon, will get a +5 bonus on any action in Turn 36.

Well... I can't come up with decent combat vehicle designs...

So lets have a little design challenge... Get me a design for a IFV, a scout, self-driving artillery (rocket and kinetic) and a transport truck. And maybe more.

Each design that I make canon, will get a +5 bonus on any action in Turn 36.
And they have to be futuristic and in theme with the existing mech and tank, right?

And they have to be futuristic and in theme with the existing mech and tank, right?
Of course.

And a bit more realistic, compared to BT designed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom