What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

Hmm looks like going for survey and marian then. Marian is ok but survey? We still have not begun to exploited the stuff closer. Getting spy ships ready seems more useful but oh well.

Things to keep in mind but at same time I expect the houses will take control of their own communication. The FedCom at least knows very well comstar is evil and uses its monopoly to protect itself and to hide its crimes. The Combine would probable love getting rid of this unwanted foreign element that has long existed on their worlds and the league to probable would not mind controlling its own mail. Once HPG tech gets out comstar has no reason to keep existing and its own actions to protect itself will just make matters worse and there.... well there might be a opening for the various bureaucracies working together to keep external lines open but I expect governments will want strict control and never let a comstar rise again.
Let us just say that the Lyrans, and by extension the Feds, will be very interested why out diplomatic people can som easily communicate with home. So we might drop hints that we have an independent way of FTL comms independent from Comstar and that we might be willing to supply them with the blueprints of a certain secured FTL com system and maybe some initial devices for their own internal use, for some... concessions. Like a treaty to not go and attack us, and the like.

The fun part would be that we'd give the NIAS some pointers towards quantum computing and all that kind of stuff with the quantum encryption system of the Enhanced Range Secure HPG.

But that is something that I will give a choice to the players for.

Last edited:
[X] Project Orange Grass:
The complete overhaul of A Ship With A View has been quite successful, so it might be a good idea to request the remaining Invader class Jumpships and Leopard Class dropships to be upgraded to the new Invader MKII and Leopard MKII specifications, to be used for low profile recon missions into the Inner phsere.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: 7 Invader MKII, 15x Leopard MKII avaiable for Deep Cover missions

[X] We need new members:
There are 8 nations in the Three Systems that have declined to become members of the WCDC. The Three Systems can't effort to have some nations working on cross purposes and endanger the entire rest of the Walker Cluster. So there is a need to get them aboard and into the WCDC.
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 25%, Reward: 1d6 nations of the 8 nations that declined WCDC membership initially, become WCDC members

Sorting out internal issues is now more important than external ones. Hopefully, we will be able to restrict our stupid megacorps before our version of Weyland-Yutani starts selling stuff to people it shouldn't have.

Sorting out internal issues is now more important than external ones. Hopefully, we will be able to restrict our stupid megacorps before our version of Weyland-Yutani starts selling stuff to people it shouldn't have.
I don't know. Warringer has said they are not that stupid and the government(s) does have them leashed so they cant try to get us all killed or enslaved trying to make a quick buck. Though I am rather interested in the 8 forsaken countries. Going by what we last heard when Russia finally joined those not in are steadily falling farther and farther behind. I am honestly surprised this has not cause internal problem or unrest or them just asking to join instead of stubbornly hurting themselves and peoples.

I don't know. Warringer has said they are not that stupid and the government(s) does have them leashed so they cant try to get us all killed or enslaved trying to make a quick buck. Though I am rather interested in the 8 forsaken countries. Going by what we last heard when Russia finally joined those not in are steadily falling farther and farther behind. I am honestly surprised this has not cause internal problem or unrest or them just asking to join instead of stubbornly hurting themselves and peoples.
Megacorps may not even be stupid or blatantly evil, they might just be confused by whole deal with the different universe with entirely different societal norms, it would work the same.

And yes, we need to something about our Earth own rogue states as they may do something stupid the same way megacorps would.

Megacorps may not even be stupid or blatantly evil, they might just be confused by whole deal with the different universe with entirely different societal norms, it would work the same.

And yes, we need to something about our Earth own rogue states as they may do something stupid the same way megacorps would.
There are not only Earth 'rogue states'. By this time, the ones in Sol are the Federation of South East Asian States and the Ares Deocratic Republic. The other are mostly in 61 Virginis, with one in Beta Hydri.

In either case things have got to be pretty shitty in them or they are just so isolationist it does not matter anyway.

So Mal-3 has been doing something amazing.
hOQDL4P.png

G49DNQB.png
A very useful tool for you Warringer!

It does matter in a humanistic way; the suffering of other peoples is not something that we should just ignore. But the trouble with autocratic regimes is, that they don't need the approval of their population if they have the power over them.

Also, to compile what we know or can guess about the hesitant polities:
  • Sol
    • Russian Federation (joined after ComStar Marriage Diplomatic Incident)
    • Russian Federation satellite state 1 (joined after ComStar Marriage Diplomatic Incident)
    • Russian Federation satellite state 2 (joined after ComStar Marriage Diplomatic Incident)
    • Russian Federation satellite state 3 (joined after ComStar Marriage Diplomatic Incident)
    • Free Democratic Peoples Republic of Aether
      • Space North Korea
      • EML5 space colony
      • least likely to join
    • Federation of South East Asian Nations
      • At least 2 nations
    • Ares Democratic Republic
  • Beta Hydri
    • Unnamed 1
    • Unnamed 2
    • Unnamed 3
    • Unnamed 4
  • 61 Virginis
    • United Habitats (joined after Black Warriors Attack)
    • Petan Faction (joined after Black Warriors Attack)
    • Unnamed 5
Also, are only 61 Virginis, Beta Hydri and Sol the only systems with Raytans stationed at the jump points? I didn't find any other mention and I estimate only Washington to have enough space infrastructure to construct such.
If so, I request that the first order of business for the upcoming von Neumanns to be deployed at Washington, Hannover, and Solidarnosc to create copies of themselves there and then construct Raytan Mk 2 there. While the FTL Raytans will be fine and dandy, I expect that the non-FTL versions will be able to pack more punch since they'll be less limited in mass and volume concerns compared to their FTL brethren.

Incidentally, once we have surveyed all of the 60–90 ly sphere I expect there to be another version of Project Indigo Putter that would negotiate with local polities to seed basically all stars in that region with at least surveillance nodes, similarly as Indigo Putter did for the 0-60 ly sphere.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the astronomers were pushing to get access to all that data (if they don't already have) and for there to be quite a few astronomic discoveries along the way. Heck, there might be an astronomy boom with that much data to work through…

Yes, but there are at least three nations who are very, very hard to get on our side, if at all.
Any particular reason why? Extreme inward focus? Religious issues? Literally being Rogue states like N Korea or Iran?

Hmm so on map we are probable in Delta 5-7-6. Those are some fine maps and we will probable expand on them as we keep exploring. Would really like having dedicated survey explorer squadrons that do nothing but push into the black.

Any particular reason why? Extreme inward focus? Religious issues? Literally being Rogue states like N Korea or Iran?

Hmm so on map we are probable in Delta 5-7-6. Those are some fine maps and we will probable expand on them as we keep exploring. Would really like having dedicated survey explorer squadrons that do nothing but push into the black.
@Warringer
Mal-3 is currently working on a high definition version of said map. Every hex will be at least 2cm across. He may be willing to make a custom version or give you a tool to edit the map at your will (like taking territory, taking planets, expansion, new planets discovered to add and so on).

One is essentially a religious North Korea.

@Warringer
Mal-3 is currently working on a high definition version of said map. Every hex will be at least 2cm across. He may be willing to make a custom version or give you a tool to edit the map at your will (like taking territory, taking planets, expansion, new planets discovered to add and so on).
I'm going to ask him...

Well that's one that going to be kept locked down so it cant start trouble or make fucktard deals behind our backs.
This reminds me of ShaperV's Council games like this "Modern Earth in WH40" where Vlad III, RedTape and omnimercurial did something underhanded to gain an advantage only that it always fucked them and everyone over in the long term.

This reminds me of ShaperV's Council games like this "Modern Earth in WH40" where Vlad III, RedTape and omnimercurial did something underhanded to gain an advantage only that it always fucked them and everyone over in the long term.
Think I remember that or It could have been a Terradyne game with similar premise and players. Either way they did breathtakingly stupid things that ensured long term defeat will grasping for immortality/godhood or trying to fuck over other players.

Yeah it is a worry but I think a minor one. Doubt Warringer would hit us with that I think but still need to keep the 8 from causing problems.

@Warringer
Mal has been so nice to release the Map as a PDF, which were created with Illustrator CS6. It can be imported with Inkscape, but all layers go kaput. So I can, technically edit the while thing, but I have no clue how to use Inkscape, so there is a reason to finally learn how to use it... Somehow...

Mal has been so nice to release the Map as a PDF, which were created with Illustrator CS6. It can be imported with Inkscape, but all layers go kaput. So I can, technically edit the while thing, but I have no clue how to use Inkscape, so there is a reason to finally learn how to use it... Somehow...
Could ask Mal for pointers of course.

Could ask Mal for pointers of course.
This.

Turn 39 - Spring 2184/3034 - Results
Turn 39 - Spring 2184/3034

WCDC Defense Council:

[] Project Byzantium: active
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 88+5+5 = 98 - Artificial Crit Success (Bonus to all military R&D, Bolus to Space Combat R&D)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 94+5+5 = 104 - Success
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 65+5+5 = 75 - Success

The original Heavy PPCs of the Belisarius gave the design team working on the vessel the idea to integrate several heavy Wakefield Particle Beam Projectors. Each of these weapons would have an energy of 500 GeV, the largest ever produced Particle Beam System used outside of physics research and the beam strength along reduces the need for the focusing elements used in smaller Particle Beam Projectors. Here, the Heavy PPCs were helping, the systems used in those weapons allowing to use these weapons outside of the spinal mount design used for the usual PBP.

While this weapon system was going to be extremely dangerous and likely able to destroy vessels under a certain side with a single hit, the downside of these weapons was that they were unable to deliver any Smart Dust. To get around this problem, the two main auto cannons of the Belisarius were to be replaced by a pair of Hypervelocity Macron Accelerators, a weapon system capable of accelerating 10 micron sized carbon-nanolattice spheres up to 20.000 km/s in an accelerator ring. With a constant stream of these 'Macrons' directed at a target, with an effect not unlike a sand blaster directed at a piece of masonry on an armored target.

The launchers for the long range missiles of the Belisarius finally would be replaced with launch systems for Class IV, the smaller comparably smaller size allowing the vessel to carry up to 1000 Class IV missiles. Additionally, the fighter bays would be replaced by the support systems for Class IV space combat drones, which in turn would be controlled by the AI planned for the Belisarius.

active for 3 more turns

[] Operation Tortuga Down: active
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 3, Roll 1d100: 87 - Success
Roll 2 of 3, Roll 1d100: 92 - Success
Roll 3 of 3, Roll 1d100: 5 - Failure
Combined: 61 - Successful

While the actual Operation Tortuga Down had been a success, the followup on the operation was not. On some worlds, the civilian population was compelled to rebel against the new occupation forces of the WCDC, with the local commanders forced into situations not made to improve the relation to the civilians further. This was largely perpetuated by agents of the old and now defunct Federation Intelligence Command, but in some cases, the civilians believed the occupation forces to be pirates.

Another problem was that a pirate jump ship arrived at Clayborne II in a non-standard jump point near the system's ecliptic and in the sensory shadow of a gas giant. To make matters worse, the jump happened before Circinus was supplied with a Superliminal Wave Detector, so that the jump ship had the chance to recharge its jump drive and jump out of the system, meaning that there might be rumors in the 'pirate community' about Clayborne II, reducing its capability as a honey pot.

Reward: All worlds of the Circinus Federation occupied, No piracy in the Circinus Federation, reduced piracy in nearby space, rumors about anti-piracy work in the Circinus Federation

WCDC Survey Office:

[] Deep Cover Intelligence II: active
Time: 10 turns, Chance of Success: 60%
Roll 1 of 10, Roll 1d100: 78+10 = 85 - Success (Permanent Survey Squadrons)
Roll 2 of 10, Roll 1d100: 23+10 = 33 - Failure
Roll 3 of 10, Roll 1d100: 95+10 = 105 - Success
Roll 4 of 10, Roll 1d100: 34+10 = 44 - Success

The journey towards Atreus continued well for the A Ship With A View, making a relatively good time with some brief stops in between systems, to place Surveillance and Ternary Nodes along the line.

Following the arrival at Kilarney, the route took the jumpship to Kakada, Ashburton, Loyalty, Alterf and finally at the end of Spring to Atreus itself, where the two dropships left for the capital planet of the Free Worlds League itself, ready to play the role of periphery traders and hopefully place a small ring of agents on the planet.

[] Further Survey IV: - 5 votes active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 77+10 = 87 - Success (Permanent Survey Squadrons)

While there were people in the Survey Office lobbying for overhauling the jumpships for further deep cover intelligence operations and emplacing agent networks in various systems, the commanders of the Survey Squadrons managed to win this round, noting there was still a significant part of the 90 ly sphere around the Three Systems unknown.

As such, the Survey Squadrons were sent out once again, almost immediately leading to the discovery of another habited planet, Tolhuin, which was settled by Argentinians from Feuerland and had regressed to a 1880s technological base and a parliamentary monarchy.

active for 3 more turns

Deep Space Signal Intelligence Network

[] Network Extension: active
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 2, Roll 1d100: 2+5 = 7 - Failure (Extended Base)
Roll 2 of 2, Roll 1d100: 24+5 = 30 - Failure
Combined: 18 - Failure

The DSSINOO in contrast was less than successful in their quest to discover the New St Andrews and Niops. Partly this was due to the large amount of space that needed to be searched, the inaccurate navigation data available , but mostly it was blamed on insufficient numbers in their own survey squadrons, even though the squadrons were sorely meant to provide support for expanding and upgrading the existing Seep Space Signal Intelligence Network.

Reward: New St. Andrews and Niops could not be found, option not avaiable for 3 turns

WCDC Diplomatic Corps:

[] Long Range Diplomacy - Lyran Commonwealth: active
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%
Roll 1 of 8, Roll 1d100: 33 - Failure
Roll 2 of 8, Roll 1d100: 73 - Success
Roll 3 of 8, Roll 1d100: 67 - Success
Roll 4 of 8, Roll 1d100: 96 - Success
Roll 5 of 8, Roll 1d100: 25 - Failure

Following the incident with the supposed inspectors, the Unexpected Oversupply Of Gravitas and its dropships were held in Eutin. As it turned out, there had been no inspectors sent by the local government and after a while some crew members were interrogated by local law enforcement. While detailed surveillance videos were provided to the law enforcement in the correct formats for their use, it did not appear to be used to find the culprits.

Additionally, the actual inspectors were taken aback by the Hunter Killer Pride and their nature, not knowing what to think or do, as the team had been put in external security around the dropships, together with several sentries, to prevent more overt operations against them.

Only the arrival of Cranston Snord from Tharkad, some problems could be resolved. A woman accompanied him named Riva Allard. They were able to smooth the waves, while Snord showed extreme interest in the Fusilier Mechs and Karakal II tanks and Allard in just about everything else. They nominally had been sent to actually evaluate the Diplomatic mission and gave their green light, which was transmitted to Tharkad encrypted by a one-time pad. However, it was clear Comstar held back the sending of the message for two weeks and a reply for another three weeks.

active for 3 more turns

4 votes for both:
We need new members (even)
Long Range Diplomacy - Marian Hegemony (odd)
Roll 1d6: 3 - Long Range Diplomacy - Marian Hegemony

[] Long Range Diplomacy - Marian Hegemony: - 4 votes
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%
Roll 1 of 8, Roll 1d100: 79 - Success

In the Diplomatic Corps there was a heavy discussion about one of the subsequent projects, whether it should be to get the other 8 nations of the Three systems into the WCDC, or to be active and open diplomatic contacts to the Marian Hegemony.

In the end, it came down to the mission to the Hegemony potentially only being available for a limited time, should the Ceasar of the Hegemony decide to attack their neighbors. There was the case that at least two or three of the nations that still were not joining up, were isolationist and in one case heavily theocratic nations that shunned outside contact with the most part.

As such, a diplomatic mission was prepared, with the understanding it might be needed to add some military intimidation to the first contact with this potentially belligerent nation and that only conventional HFEG equipped vessels would be used, rather than a jumpship like for the Lyran mission. Three squadrons of combat craft were prepared, combined with a squadron of transport and other supply vessels.

By the end of spring, the diplomatic mission was on its way.

active for 7 more turns

WCDC Trade Organization:

[] Von Neuman: active
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 40%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 88+10+10+10+10 = 128 - Success (Scientific-Industrial Complex, Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 64+10+10+10+10 = 104 - Success
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 54+10+10+10+10 = 94 - Success
Roll 4 of 6, Roll 1d100: 48+10+10+10+10 = 88 - Success
Roll 5 of 6, Roll 1d100: 39+10+10+10+10 = 79 - Success
Roll 6 of 6, Roll 1d100: 57+10+10+10+10 = 97 - Success
Combined: 98 - Critical Success

With the full plans for the Von Neumann available for production, the creators of the project did not only manage to build a single prototype before the end of the project, they also streamlined the production and learned from production problems to build a second prototype.

Before the end of Spring, the Reasonable Excuse commanded by an ASI named Bill, and the Not Invented Here, which in turn was commanded by an ASI named Ted. Each was equipped with four Mining drone craft, and prepared for their maiden voyages by traveling to Hannover and Solidarność, where they began with the construction os several Raytan Jump Pointe Defense Stations, to improve the defense of the system, as well as setting up some interplanetary infrastructure to help both worlds in that regard.

Reward: Design of a Von Neumann Factory Spacecraft, 2 working prototypes

[] Interstellar Jump Trader: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 24+10+10+10+10 = 64 - Success (Scientific-Industrial Complex, Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 16+10+10+10+10 = 56 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 80+10+10+10+10 = 120 - Success
Roll 4 of 4, Roll 1d100: 93+10+10+10+10 = 133 - Success
Combined: 75 - Success
Number of Jumpships, Roll 1d4: 4

On the jumpship front, all four projects for the creation of Jumpships were fully successful, leading to four different jumpship classes available to be sold to the Inner Sphere, something that was prepared to be messaged to the Diplomatic Mission to the Lyran Commonwealth.

Code:
 Dropship | Mass (tonnes) | Dropship Collars | Crew
----------+---------------+------------------+------
 Victory  |    155.000    |        3         |  20
 Kogge    |    225.000    |        4         |  33
 Hopper   |    112.000    |        2         |  15
 Coaster  |     78.000    |        1         |  10

All these jumpships were available in this original version, but all four spacecraft joint ventures responsible for their development were willing to produce a version specially for use by the Survey Office and any national intelligence agency.

Reward: 4 Jumpship designs that can be used locally or sold

WCDC Office for Science and Development:

[] Alien Robot!: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 55%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 27+10+10 = 47 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 24+10+10 = 44 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 45+10+10 = 65 - Success
Roll 4 of 4, Roll 1d100: 60+10+10 = 80 - Success
Combined: 59 - Succes
Robot turning back on, even - yes, odd - no, Roll 1d6: 6 - yes

Carefully the alien robot was put back together, with any damage done by the unknown plasma weapon repaired. Most of the damage was limited to the chest area, where a powerful superconducting battery, backed by a form of biological fuel cell, provided power. While the bio-fuel cell was a technology used by the Three Systems, the specific microbial strain used by the fuel cell was unknown, so that a more conventional version had to be used.

Finally, after nearly a year of work on the robot, the scientific team could get the green light to attempt and reactivate the robot. After charing the batteries, the last connectors were closed and theOLED display in the face began to show status messages, showing that the robot's central processing unit was booting again, after more two hundred years. While the language and script used by the status messages were completely unknown, there seemed to be a lack of any error messages, until finally the robot began to move, a pair of eyes displayed on the facial display.

As expected, the display allowed the robot to show emotions, which were surprisingly enough readable by any of the research team's members, be they human, Quetzal, Ormiold or otherwise. The robot did show surprise before attempting to communicate with numerous unknown languages, before using first making use of one of the Ormiold languages, Garysay, before switching to English.

What followed was a lengthy interrogation of the robot, which identified as being male and named himself Verdar. As it transpired, he had been part of a team, meant to evacuate the colony of humans from the planet he was found on, to protect them from an incursion of the Irinai Hegemony, together with a number of humans from the 331st Battlemech Division. During this evacuation, a small force of Irinai had landed on the planet, and he had been faced by an Irinai and shot in the chest. The damage had caused an energy spike that subsequently damaged his memory. So while Verder could remember some details about his life before, he was unable to fully inform the research team where he actually came from and how to find them. He was not even fully able to recall who the Irinai were and what they did, aside from the information that they were the bad guys, while his people, the Union.

At being informed that 200 or more years had passed, he noted he was sure that the evacuation had been successful and that the Irinai force had been destroyed. If not, the scientific team would not have reactivated him.

Reward: Alien robot design, robot turns back on

[] Hypercom III: active
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 2, Roll 1d100: 61+10+10 = 81 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 2, Roll 1d100: 100+10+10 = 120 - Crit Success
Combined: 100 - Crit Success

The finalization of the Hyperwave Communication System research was more than successful, as the more advanced prototypes of the system were operating much better than their theoretical capabilities.

The final, still about microwave sized device, had the ability to be used directional with a data rate of up to 10 MBit/s, with a propagation rate of the hyperwaves of 100000 times the speed of life and a theoretical range of 750 light years. Not only that, but the device had the capability to make use of multiple hyperwave frequencies, allowing several of the devices to be used in the same area.

Future research options with this finalized design would be to design a local area hyperwave mesh network, not unlike that used by Smart Dust, but on a system wide scale, allowing close to real time sensory data to be sent from one place to another, while another project would deal with miniaturization of the technology, perhaps at a reduction of range and propagation velocity, so it could be produced cheaply and possibly integrated into smart munitions for space combat use.

Reward: Hyperwave Communication System, directional, 10MBit/s, 100000c, 750ly range, new research options

----------------------------

Deep Space Signal Intelligence Network Report:

Lothian League:

There is little of note to say.

Illyrian Palatinate:

Circinus Federation:

Marian Hegemony:

Inner Sphere:

Lyran Commonwealth:

Nothing out of the ordinary as far as can be decerned.

Federated Suns:

Draconis Combine:

Free Worlds League:
Dutchy of Andurien:

In the war between these two powers, the stalemate continues. Both sides continue to dig in, while assaulting the other side. However, apparently a third party provides some inside information to both belligerents , reinforcing the stalemate.

Comstar:

Comstar continues to be a problem to the diplomatic party as they continue to attempt and keep them from meeting up with the Lyrans. However, some comments made by Snord note the Lyran government is aware that Comstar is not all that 'neutral' as they claim to be. This does match the information we have available.

Expansion and Suggestions:

With the failure to actually find New St. Andrews and Niobs, maybe it would be a good idea for some actual dedicated Survey Squadron to slowly search local space for unknown systems.

-----------------------

Random Event - Nothing Happens

-----------------------

ORrlh2Y.jpg

Turn 40 - Summer 2184/3034
Turn 40 - Summer 2184/3034

WCDC Defense Council:

[] Project Byzantium: active (3 turns)
With the successful recovery of the SLS Belisarius it should be a priority to put this large spacecraft back into service and take the time to take a look at its weaponry and other systems, as they are replaced by their WCDC equivalent. This would potentially allow the design of heavy weapon systems, including lasers and kinetics, a vessel of similar size might be equipped with. At the least, it should be possible to determine, whether a massive combat spacecraft of this size makes any sense. At the very least it might be possible to carry a number of dropship collar equipped conventional combat spacecraft to be carried into combat, backed up by a lot of firepower and even act as a Forwards Operations Base.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Belisarius put into service for the WCDC, new research options for large scale weaponry and large scale combat spacecraft

[] Improved System Defense & Forward Operation Base:
While the Raytan Jump Point Defense Stations do their job for system defense, there are ideas how to improve on the system, giving it FTL capabilities, so that they can be emplaced in systems without existing interplanetary infrastructure. Additionally, such a station could potentially act as a mobile Forward Operation Base for offensive operations. Together with the Caldran Ansible, it would also allow the operations command and staff to remain protected bhind the potential front lines. Potentially, such a design might be equipped with the new Jump Drive.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: New FTL cpable Defensive Station

[] Extended Anti-Piracy Patrols:
While the project to improve the defense against piracy in Known Space around the WCDC was a success, many within the Diplomatic Corps and the Military believed that more should be done to prevent piracy in this sector of space, as the destruction of any 'Pirate Heaven' close by would proove to remain a problem not only for the WCDC, but also for any nearby nation the WCDC had contact with. As such, longer duration and longer ranged patrols to discover any potential pirate havens in known space and destroy them before they can be fully established.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Long Duration, long range patrols, reduction of pirate activity to almost zero within known space

[] Project Black Light:
On one of the former colonies, an apparent plasma weapon has been recovered. It would be a good idea to take a close look at the weapon and potentially develop a usable weapon from it.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Plasma Weapon technology, 50% chance of plasma weapon prototype (1d4 for type)

[] Project Cerulean Hammock:
The work on Project Byzantium has progressed far enough that it would be a good idea for a Project Team to evaluate the uses of such big spacecraft and whether or not they are a White Elephant compared to WCDC Bombardment type vessels, or if they might be a good idea to make use of outside of operating as Mobile Forwards Operation Bases.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: IS scale warships have a future

WCDC Survey Office:

[] Deep Cover Intelligence II: active (7 turns)
With the Preparations successful, it is time to send the Deep Cover Intelligence mission out into the Inner Sphere and begin trading with the Free Worlds League. And while doing so, gather information about the economy and military of the Inner Sphere nation. It might also be possible to place some deep cover agents into both nations to gather long term information.
Time: 10 turns, Chance of Success: 60%, Reward: Information about the Free Worlds League, 75% chance of emplacing an intelligence network

[] Further Survey IV: active (3 turns)
Following the Initial Survey, more information should be gathered further outside of the Walker Cluster and the already known space.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: (10+2d20) systems from 60 to 90 ly discovered, followup action allows surveying the remaining space

[] Project Orange Grass:
The complete overhaul of A Ship With A View has been quite successful, so it might be a good idea to request the remaining Invader class Jumpships and Leopard Class dropships to be upgraded to the new Invader MKII and Leopard MKII specifications, to be used for low profile recon missions into the Inner phsere.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: 7 Invader MKII, 15x Leopard MKII avaiable for Deep Cover missions

[] Deep Cover Intelligence III:
There is one already build new spycraft in form of the No Pirate Life For Me. Maybe it would be a good idea for an even longer ranged operation to make a long tour through the Inner Sphere and touch in places previously not visited, such as the Draconis Combine and the Federated Commonwealth, as well as the various other periphery powers.
Time: 1 turn, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: continous intelligence reports over several years, while other operations are available
This option takes one turn to initiate, than continues without using up an option

Deep Space Signal Intelligence Network

[] HumInt: (5 turns)
Find a way to emplace HumInt agents into places of interest.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 40%, Reward: A way to insert agents to planets where they can gather human intelligence

[] Network Extension: (3 turns)
The worlds of New St. Andrews and Niops appear to be good cancidates for the extension of the Network.
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Network extension into New St. Andrews and Niops

[] DSSIN Survey Squadron:
PErhaps it would be a good idea to put some dedicated survey squadron under the command of the DSSINOO to help them with some survey work in the area surroiunding FOB Pine Gap
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: 1d4 Survey squadrons for the DSSINOO, +1d6 on DSSINOO survey operations

[] Operation Green Granite:
There are a number of Walsingham class jumpships avaiable to the DSSINOO, which have recently been upgraded with HFEGs. They should be additionally equipped with Superluminal Wave Detectors and used to analyze jumpship movements inside the borders of both the Lyran Commonwealth and the Free Worlds League, as well as the Marian Hegemony to paint a good picture of any jumpship operations there.
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Detailed information about jumpship movements deep in the Inner Sphere

WCDC Diplomatic Corps:

[] Long Range Diplomacy - Lyran Commonwealth: active (3 turns)
The first of the Long Duration Deep Cover Surveilannce Missions has been completed and some believe that it is time to contact the first large Inner Sphere nation, in this case the Lyran Commonwealth. They are likely more interested in business deals as a mostly mercantine nation, they are less likely to try any military operations against the WCDC.
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Contact with the Lyran Commonwealth

[] Long Range Diplomacy - Marian Hegemony: active (7 turns)
The Marian Hegemony is now a more known quantity and the current Caesar is interested in trade deals. So it might be a good idea to open official diplomatic contact with the Marians. It might certainly help if one could make them uninterested in any military operation against the WCDC.
Time: 8 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Contact with the Marian Hegemony

[] Humanitarian Aid IV:
With the formation of the Prometheus Foundation, it would be a shame not to make use of it. As such, it might be advantageous to send out a diplomatic mission to one of the neighboring systems discovered recently, and offer the planet some humanitarian aid. Rumors within the Foundation note they have been able to produce a couple of Planetary Settlement Kits, usually meant to establish new settlements on habitable worlds.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: +10 on diplomatic action on targeted world, targeted world is slowly brought up to a Walker Cluster tech level
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

[] Charm Offensive IV:
In the wake of the Black Warrior Attack and the fears that are still around in the nearby systems, it would be a good idea to alley their fear.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Better diplomatic relations to the ten known worlds, +5 to diplomatic actions with the ten worlds

[] We need new members:
There are 8 nations in the Three Systems that have declined to become members of the WCDC. The Three Systems can't effort to have some nations working on cross purposes and endanger the entire rest of the Walker Cluster. So there is a need to get them aboard and into the WCDC.
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 25%, Reward: 1d6 nations of the 8 nations that declined WCDC membership initially, become WCDC members

[] Invite Others III:
The WCDC was working out nicely and maybe it was time to invite one of the other worlds outside the Three Systems into the WCDC?
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 35%, Reward: The selected world joins the WCDC as a member
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

WCDC Trade Organization:

[] New Settlement Initiative:
There are many virgin, uninhabited planets nearby discovered by the initial survey missions. So it is only natural that the Trade Organization should offer a few incentives to send out a few new settlement missions. Perhaps one or two Planetary Settelment Kits for free would do for settling an additional planet or two.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: 1d4 newly settled planets

[] Heavy Combat Space Craft:
After the success of the previous projects to build light and medium space craft with the new technologies, it is not time to begin with the development of heavy combat space craft to replace the current classes of Bombard type spacecraft.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: One design of a heavy combat spacecraft, 30% chance of a working prototype
This type of vessel is not a super heavy vessel like the Belisarius but at most mass 100.000 tonnes to be carried by a jumpship

[] Industrial Export:
Some surprising things have come up during historical research, including the Terran Hegemony flooding the Periphery with cheap goods and systems that killed off local suppliers and left worlds in the cold, following the Amaris Crisis and the following Successor Wars. Now some companies believe they could make a profit selling power generation, atmospheric processors, water purification and other similar systems to the worlds and polities surrounding the WCDC. Some even propose to set up factories for these things on other planets and polities. This would certainly improve the economic situation of these worlds, diplomatic contact with them, as well as improve the WCDC economy.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: +10 to external trade with selected world, +10 to diplomacy with selected world
Select a world or polity to export to

[] Build the Weapons:
Since the weapons used by the Inner Sphere were successfully reverese engineered, it is not possible to build carbon copies of them and perhaps even build up on them, though mostly for export. Handing the plans over to several arms cpmpanies will allow that they can be sold easily
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: Ability to build IS weapons, Options to create upgraded IS weapons, Possibility to sell weapons

[] Build the Technology:
With mechs been taken apart, it might be a possibility that parts for them could be replicated and sold on the open market in the future. Especially Myomer bundles are interesting in thie regard, though WCDC technology allows to make motive materials that are more compact compared to IS Myomer.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Ability to build IS mech components, Options to upgrade IS Mech components, Possibility to sell Mech components

[] Mining Town:
With the possibility of future construction of jump ships in large amounts, the situation with germanium might become problematic and more sources have to be found within the systems of the WCDC and mines constructed to exploit any finds.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Reward: Germanium Mines

WCDC Office for Science and Development:

[] Project Heavy Mysterious Mustard:
With the completion of the Jump Drive Project, it might be a good idea whether or not it would be possible to burn some research time to further improve the Jump Drive, Improve the range, materials, allow faster charing from a fusion reactor, this kind of thing.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 40%, Reward: Improved Jump Drive

[] HFEG Jump:
In the wake of the success with the Jump Drive and the HFEG working in parallel, there have been some signs that it might be possible to combine both systems into a single drive system.
Time: 12 turns, Chance of success: 25%, Reward: HF Jump Drive

[] Hyperwave Reflection Research:
During the work on the Superlimunal Wave Detector, there were apparently some reflections happening of hyperwaves in some form or another. Research should be done into what caused these reflections.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: ?

[] Hyperwave Local Area Mesh Network:
The development of the Hypwerwave Communication system has brought a few interesting possible uses for the technology. For one, some scientists have compared it to WiFi technology. Perhaps it would be possible to take the system and develop it into a FTL equivalent for use in local area (system) mesh networks.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Hyperwave Local Area Mesh Network

[] Compact Hyperwave Transceiver:
The scientists are sure that it will be possible to create much more compact hyperwave transcivers than the scurrently microwave sized designs. These transceivers might take a hit in range and network speed however.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Compact Hyperwave transceivers (1d6 for final size)

----------------------------

2 Action for:
Economy
Science

1 Action for:
Military
DSSINOO

Hmmm... Looks like in Turns 41 and 42, you will not be able to vote for any actions.

Good thing that I'm having a vacation next week and can get those turns out relatively quickly then...

Back
Top Bottom