What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

Well, we could jump 1 in ever every 7 days, sell it to the highest bidder. Then every 6, repeat. Then every 5, repeat.

At some point some Lyran will realise that, no, these peeps aren't offloading their stockpile as so much as we Lyrans just happen to be the end point of their assembly line.

Unrelated: Shipnames. Because I read an Archimedes quote recently and it (and the story behind it) stuck with me, I kinda want to see a Survey mobile base called Do Not Disturb My Circles.

Well, we could jump 1 in ever every 7 days, sell it to the highest bidder. Then every 6, repeat. Then every 5, repeat.

At some point some Lyran will realise that, no, these peeps aren't offloading their stockpile as so much as we Lyrans just happen to be the end point of their assembly line.

Unrelated: Shipnames. Because I read an Archimedes quote recently and it (and the story behind it) stuck with me, I kinda want to see a Survey mobile base called Do Not Disturb My Circles.
We could also send ships in to their space to broadcast we are willing to sell jumpships just come to X system. Ask that when they leave with jumpship spread the word. Be so glad when comstar is ganked this make long distance coms so hard when the mail man is a Illuminati asshole. Not just lyrans but free worlds and andurians as well. Totally see a ship named that to be hilarious.

As for other unrelated i hope survey can actually find those worlds though what we do with them i dont know. Andrews probable does not want visitors and niops sure as hell does not but they at least have very interesting toys since they are a Star League research hub that never fell. Sucks their society is pretty shitty.

Do the mechs we make have variants?
No. But with the Mil-Spec standards we got we can do anything with the base design anyway. Much better than OmniTech.

We can pull damaged armor, weapons and stuff in tennminutes and have all replaced with new ones down to legs, arms and reactors.

[X] Project Cerulean Goddess
[X] Operation Ma Bell II
[X] Network Extension
[X] Hyperwave Local Area Mesh Network
[X] Industrial Export: ANZAC
Should Operation Prometheus contact the Terra Belters?
[X] Yes

It sounds crazy but thinking about it the Serray theme should be Pillar Men Awaken.

Imagine that blaring on speakers as a Serray come around or through a building upon some poor lance of lights/mediums. Giggling to hard now.

edit: ... guess i am the only jojo fan here. Oh well.

Last edited:
It sounds crazy but thinking about it the Serray theme should be Pillar Men Awaken.

Imagine that blaring on speakers as a Serray come around or through a building upon some poor lance of lights/mediums. Giggling to hard now.

edit: ... guess i am the only jojo fan here. Oh well.

And then It'ss pick up a Trebuchet and yeets it down the street.

Question? Is there any reason we cannot hire mercs to come wargame with us? Like hire the Kell hounds or Wolf Dragoons to show up and fight a division in a mock battle? Fighting the elite of the IS would give us even more data to work with down the road and sharpen our soldiers skills.

Well, that is comparatively close to home. KMS has been in our employ for more than a decade now, and with this prime chance it wouldn't surprise me if they cashed in their back pay and moved on, especially since we now have a stable currency exchange with the IS. On the other hand we do have some sweet tech and amenities, so they might not. Though I think that decision will be made when (I hope that's a when and not an if) we leave Circinus to their own devices, maybe after propping up a successor government or three (the former CF systems don't all need to be part of whatever comes after, may be the former CF splits into a few multi-system polities, who knows). I could see KMS renting out their services that way as well, helping train up the local militia and military before moving on.

Hm… whatever polity does come after we leave the former CF, they would probably benefit from an Industrial Export, but that is far(-ish) into the future.

Functionally they are at the point they either need to move on or set down roots. We dont really need them anymore and they increasingly have little use in our order of battle. They were great trainers and for bolstering our forces but now our forces are trained up against IS opponents and we have our own mechs to compliment our tanks and air. From now on we will be fighting by division and a small company size unit... Well if they want to play defender somewhere i guess but beyond that they serve no purpose. Perhaps they sign on with Circinus government which by now should be mostly there so we can pull out. Though i expect they will vote to join us because us leaving is a lose situation for them.

Informational - Toson Heavy MBT & M33 Powel Super Heavy MBT
Okay, have the Toson and the M33 Powel...

Code:
Toson Heavy MBT

Mass: 85 tons
Movement Type: Tracked
Power Plant: 320 rated Fusion + Superconducting Batteries
Cruising Speed: 75.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 97.2 kph
Armor: Advanced Composite Armor
Armament:
     1 150 MW Pulse Laser
     1 DuoDec Missile Launcher
     1 5MW Laser AMS
     1 .50cal Gauss Gun
Manufacturer: Nalhin United Combat Vehicles
     Primary Factory: Aunde, Beta Hydri
     Secondary Factory: Varies
Communication System: Spread Spectrum Radio Communication
                      Mesh Networking capabilities
Targeting & Tracking System: Combat Information System
                             Recon Drone
                             Smart Dust
Introduction Year: 30XX
Cost: 10.2 Mio US$

Type: Toson
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Experimental) 
Movement Type: Walker Cluster Mixed
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 974

Equipment                                           Mass
Internal Structure                                   17.75
Engine          320 rated Fusion
                Superconducting Batteries            17.75
    Cruising MP: 7
    Flank MP: 9
Advanced Heatsink:             10                     0
Control Equipment:                                  4.0
Power Amplifier:                                    0.0
Turret:                                             1.5
Armor Factor                  337                  21.5

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Front                   9         83    
     R/L Side               9/9      67/67   
     Rear                    9         53    
     Turret                  9         67 

Weapons
and Ammo              Location    Tonnage       
Recon Drone Launcher               Rear        0.25
Smart Dust Disperser               Rear        0.2
5MW Laser AMS                     Turret       1.0     
Hex Missile Launcher              Turret       1.5
150MW Pulse Laser                 Turret      12.0     
.50cal Gauss Gun                  Turret       1.0          
.50cal Gauss Gun Ammo (2000)       Body        2.0     
Hex Missile Ammo (60)              Body        3.0
Recon Drone (10)                   Body        0.25
Smart Dust                         Body        0.3    

M33 Powel Super Heavy MBT

Mass: 120 tons
Movement Type: Tracked
Power Plant: 320 rated Fusion + Superconducting Batteries
Cruising Speed: 63.0 kph
Maximum Speed: 84 kph
Armor: Advanced Composite Armor
Armament:
     1 165mm Helical Railgun
     1 75GeV Wakefield Particle Beam Projector
     1 Heavy Missile Launcher
     1 5MW Laser AMS
     1 .50cal Gauss Gun
Manufacturer: Oshkosh Corporation
     Primary Factory: Oshkosh, Earth
     Secondary Factory: Varies
Communication System: Spread Spectrum Radio Communication
                      Mesh Networking capabilities
Targeting & Tracking System: Combat Information System
                             Recon Drone
                             Smart Dust
Introduction Year: 30XX
Cost: 15.8 Mio US$

Type: M33 Powel
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Experimental) 
Movement Type: Walker Cluster Mixed
Tonnage: 120
Battle Value: 974

Equipment                                           Mass
Internal Structure                                   25.75
Engine          320 rated Fusion
                Superconducting Batteries            17.75
    Cruising MP: 6
    Flank MP: 8
Advanced Heatsink:             10                     0
Control Equipment:                                  4.0
Power Amplifier:                                    0.0
Turret:                                             3.5
Armor Factor                  400                    25

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Front                   9        100    
     R/L Side               9/9      80/80
     Rear                    9         60    
     Turret                  9         80

Weapons
and Ammo              Location    Tonnage       
Recon Drone Launcher               Rear        0.25
Smart Dust Disperser               Rear        0.2
5MW Laser AMS                     Turret       1.0     
Heavy Missile Launcher            Turret      10.0
165mm Helical Rail Gun            Turret       9.0     
.50cal Gauss Gun                  Turret       1.0
75GeV Wakefield Particle Beam Projector
                                  Turret       9.0
165mm Helical Rail Gun Ammo (200)  Body        5.0     
.50cal Gauss Gun Ammo (3000)       Body        3.0     
Heavy Missile Ammo (100)           Body        5.0
Recon Drone (10)                   Body        0.25
Smart Dust                         Body        0.3

Ah us OCP who put the outside context in the outside context problem. Our tanks are as fast or faster than 50 ton main battletanks with functionally near 3 times the fire power and so much more armor its frankly ridiculous. A single Toson could probable kill a entire lance of atlas's before they can get in effective range even if was not steadily keeping their distance. The M33 could be shot by the same lance and not only survive but probable kill at least two in a close slugging match before going down. In a one on one fight its not even a fight. Maybe a awesome lance would be more fair?

There seem to be two modes for each tanks. One for local use and the other seems to be an export version.
We have a variant of Omni Tech in MIL-STD-102343.

Mush had read it wrong. On the Technology Base it said Inner Sphere. So though it was the export version.
Left over from the format i think but it could count as experimental in their eyes since these are brand new designs with shockingly different and new tech. Though... @Warringer could we make export versions of the tanks or at least the m33 by switching out for common IS weapons and gear? Probable can do the same with the Karakal.

Back
Top Bottom