What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

Take a look at the map on page 1 opening post and look at borders. Our borders can be them facing the Lyrans and Free worlds or they can be absorbed by them facing us. This will happen eventually. As a strong state with lots of goodies the minor powers are going to get run over one way or another. They are now valuable clay just becuse they lie on the trade route to and from us. I would rather we absorb and uplift them as part of us than the houses eat them so they have closer borders to us. That and as multi planet nations absorbing them also lets us build up faster than picking of single worlds. They can define our borders with our neighbor houses and give us time to absorb and uplift all the smaller single worlds were the real problems will be getting them aboard. Will it scare others? Maybe but they should be scared already if they had any real idea what we are capable of. Push come to shove we could completely fuck up the IS right now and they would be hard pressed to stop us on top of having the best scientific and industrial base in known space. To the houses we are doing what they did early on consolidating and eating nearby nations until we reach a size we cant easily keep growing pushing up against similar size powers. Single planets and smaller powers might be concerned but we are not the house looking to stamp ourselves on them. Joining gets lots of benefits and local everything stays the same as long as it obeys agreed upon laws.
I tend to turtle, and part of that means I like having buffer states between me and potential enemies. Also, I'm saddened that there is no 'insightful' I could reward you with, so in lieu of that you get its less wise, but more knowledgable sibling 'informative'.

Hm… we really ought to get some industrial exports to the Lothians and Illyrians. For the doubters among our politicians that would be under the guise of propping up the defence alliance, particularly in light of the imminent/ongoing Marian incursion.
Now we can basically give them a discount, or lend-lease like support, or outright supply them with replacements jumpships for any jumpship they lose during the conflict. Heck, we could probably attribute any such gifts as strengthening their economy, since more jumpships (particularly civilian) would effectively remove that bottleneck as an obstacle. It would probably still take a year or so before they'd fully trust in our jumpships (there'd be doubts about it being too good to be true, rush jobs, looking for a hook, etc), but then they'd be fully ready to buy as many jumpships as they need without any more prodding by us.

I wonder if the defence treaty/alliance has a name, like Anti-Spinward Defence Alliance = ASDA, or maybe Rimworlds Defence Treaty = RDT, though I don't know how much Amaris tainted the 'rimworlds' moniker in the IS and Periphery.
to useful to dare offend. Like jumpships. We start selling those we should make obscene amounts of money or resources
You know, this reminds me. We have a functional currency exchange, but we don't know the discretionary budget of the polities. We can put their minds at ease with regards to them being able to afford jumpships by trading them for concessions. Like trading outposts, lift of import/export restrictions, diplomatic backrubs, etc.

PS: Welcome Warer and Ridli!

Just finished a long read of this story that I found this morning and I am glad to see it is still ongoing. I may be late to the game here but I agree with Warer in the below options.

[x] Diplomatic Contact:
The OCP only has closer diplomatic contact with the Lyrans and the FedSuns and lacks any direct contact with the three other major powers of the Inner Sphere. It is time to rectify that.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: Embassy in selected nation

[x] Duchy of Andurien

[x]Free Worlds League

This would get us Embassies in all the Major IS nations except for Kurita, and who cares about them anyways.

I tend to turtle, and part of that means I like having buffer states between me and potential enemies. Also, I'm saddened that there is no 'insightful' I could reward you with, so in lieu of that you get its less wise, but more knowledgable sibling 'informative'
Yeah would be very nice but thing is buffer states have to be able to actually act as a buffer and they cant. Either house could knock all 3 over with some spare formations not needed for anything else. If only treaties with us and our own garrison troops and ships keep them safe why bother? Might as well bring them in and let them get the full benefits instead of just the suck of being our border with unpredictable neighbors.
Hm… we really ought to get some industrial exports to the Lothians and Illyrians. For the doubters among our politicians that would be under the guise of propping up the defence alliance, particularly in light of the imminent/ongoing Marian incursion.
Now we can basically give them a discount, or lend-lease like support, or outright supply them with replacements jumpships for any jumpship they lose during the conflict. Heck, we could probably attribute any such gifts as strengthening their economy, since more jumpships (particularly civilian) would effectively remove that bottleneck as an obstacle. It would probably still take a year or so before they'd fully trust in our jumpships (there'd be doubts about it being too good to be true, rush jobs, looking for a hook, etc), but then they'd be fully ready to buy as many jumpships as they need without any more prodding by us.
Perhaps we could also give them some jumpships? Up to 10 if they can crew them? Not like we dont have a pile sitting there. That would really help them along with favored nation status for exports? Hell throw in some regiments of export quality tanks as well. Dont want to hand out tech or industrial anything but we can lay the groundwork.
I wonder if the defence treaty/alliance has a name, like Anti-Spinward Defence Alliance = ASDA, or maybe Rimworlds Defence Treaty = RDT, though I don't know how much Amaris tainted the 'rimworlds' moniker in the IS and Periphery.
I would go with ASDA. Its be 300 years but rimworlds does have a stigmata on it in at least some circles.
You know, this reminds me. We have a functional currency exchange, but we don't know the discretionary budget of the polities. We can put their minds at ease with regards to them being able to afford jumpships by trading them for concessions. Like trading outposts, lift of import/export restrictions, diplomatic backrubs, etc.

PS: Welcome Warer and Ridli!
Something to try if we can ever get trade open. Still think be a good idea for trade action just to get their attention and prove we are not lying. Also welcome to Warer and Ridli to. Always can use more active players.

[X] Diplomatic Contact:
The OCP only has closer diplomatic contact with the Lyrans and the FedSuns and lacks any direct contact with the three other major powers of the Inner Sphere. It is time to rectify that.

[X]Duchy of Andurien

[X]Free Worlds League

Perhaps we could also give them some jumpships? Up to 10 if they can crew them? Not like we dont have a pile sitting there. That would really help them along with favored nation status for exports? Hell throw in some regiments of export quality tanks as well. Dont want to hand out tech or industrial anything but we can lay the groundwork.
Our technology leaking out is a major concern and Periphery states we can absorb likely have poor security making stealing technology actually relatively easy, either by actual theft, espionage, or bribe.
And if we absorb a state we will be forced to share the technology as we would be essentially a single organization
I suppose we can give them a jumpship or two from those intended for IS market as they technically were supposed to come out, but ... actually, if IS didn't believe we had those, now we proved them we do.

Some of the OCP tech is advanced enough to make the scientists of the IS (if the IS really has people that could be named that apart of certain dimensional traveler) be busy for years. Years that the real scientists of the OCP & Co. could use to develop more tech.

Our technology leaking out is a major concern and Periphery states we can absorb likely have poor security making stealing technology actually relatively easy, either by actual theft, espionage, or bribe.
And if we absorb a state we will be forced to share the technology as we would be essentially a single organization
I suppose we can give them a jumpship or two from those intended for IS market as they technically were supposed to come out, but ... actually, if IS didn't believe we had those, now we proved them we do.
Well yes thats what i mean the export jumpships we got built up. And like said no real tech or industry until later. We might get some leaks but that is inevitable and our tech is so diffrent hey will have a bitch of a time doing much with it in short and medium term anyway. We can work with the smaller nations to secure them before we start handing out the good stuff.
Some of the OCP tech is advanced enough to make the scientists of the IS (if the IS really has people that could be named that apart of certain dimensional traveler) be busy for years. Years that the real scientists of the OCP & Co. could use to develop more tech.
That and a lot of it functionally black boxed because of how we build it. Getting at equivalent of Wikipedia articles will only help them so much and our spy agency should have securing our tech and industry as a priority mission anyway.

[X] Diplomatic Contact: Magistracy of Canopus
[X] Diplomatic Contact: Taurian Concordat

[X] Diplomatic Contact: Magistracy of Canopus
[X] Diplomatic Contact: Taurian Concordat
Sorry dude might need to choose something else. We dont have any contact or path to them. After kicking marians ass's we should be able to reach the Magistracy.

[] Invite Others IV:
The OCP was working out nicely and maybe it was time to invite one of the other worlds outside the Three Systems into the OCP?
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 35%, Reward: The selected world joins the OCP as a member
Lothian League, Illyrian Palatinate

It's an interesting way to obtain a casus belli against the Marian Hegemony, but maybe too late. I think I'm going to think about change one of my votes.

A potential action for down the road for fun and practice. Captn Crunch sails once more. Monitoring Free World and Andurian mail is fine for now but the combine is not suffering nearly enough so perhaps we send a expidtion to tap their lines and once we get a feel for them see if we can push them into collapse?

*Shrug*

Dunno the combine is evil but would the pain and suffering of billions be worth the cost of pushing them to collapse?

If we want to go that route perhaps a choose the right Kurita to back or manufacture and use to bring liberal reformation would be better.

*Shrug*

Dunno the combine is evil but would the pain and suffering of billions be worth the cost of pushing them to collapse?

If we want to go that route perhaps a choose the right Kurita to back or manufacture and use to bring liberal reformation would be better.
Those billions are already suffering and there is no Kurita we could back. Closest was Theodore and he is dead and he was still a Kurita helpfully white washed to be more palatable in the clan invasion era. Maybe His son? Uncle Chaddy aint stupid enough to try. The DCMS would murder him who cares his efforts are a large part of what keeps the combine running. And rebellions happen and get crushed all the time. I find it more likely we set the warlords against each other and the coordinator and provoke the civil war they are always a few steps from because the bastards that make it to that level tend to be literal power hungry ruthless bastards. Its a idea to play with at least. Depends if we have time before FedCom jumps them and we see how it plays out. I expect them to be reduced to a rump state at best but who knows.

Those billions are already suffering and there is no Kurita we could back. Closest was Theodore and he is dead and he was still a Kurita helpfully white washed to be more palatable in the clan invasion era. Maybe His son? Uncle Chaddy aint stupid enough to try. The DCMS would murder him who cares his efforts are a large part of what keeps the combine running. And rebellions happen and get crushed all the time. I find it more likely we set the warlords against each other and the coordinator and provoke the civil war they are always a few steps from because the bastards that make it to that level tend to be literal power hungry ruthless bastards. Its a idea to play with at least. Depends if we have time before FedCom jumps them and we see how it plays out. I expect them to be reduced to a rump state at best but who knows.

If the fucking Comstar can shove clones in the driver seat of IS major houses I bet we can have every single Warlord and Coordinator replaced before the decade is out.

We just need to build our very own Section 34 :devilish:

If the fucking Comstar can shove clones in the driver seat of IS major houses I bet we can have every single Warlord and Coordinator replaced before the decade is out.

We just need to build our very own Section 34 :devilish:
Hilarious and a excellent what if but FedCom should kill them before then or at least make irrlevent. Though could we replace other leaders? Probable but would be so against our ethos would never fly.

Turn 57 - Autumn 2188/3038 - REsults
Turn 57 - Autumn 2188/3038

Confederated Forces:

[] Operation Doolittle: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%
Roll 1 of 45, Roll 1d100: 39+15 = 54 - Success (All military actions)
Roll 2 of 45. Roll 1d100: 50+15 = 65 - Success
Roll 3 of 45, Roll 1d100: 84+15 = 99 - Artificial Crit
Roll 4 of 45, Roll 1d100: 11+15 = 26 - Failure
Roll 5 of s5, Roll 1d100: 68+15 = 83 - Success
Combined: 65 - Success

Following the events of Summer and insufficient orders for TF Dolittle as they moved into the Terra system, the Confederated Forces ignored the political pressures and gave Admiral Stanley Cammeron the discretion to act on his own. Having been informed about the Terra Belters, he ordered his vessels to jump to the origin location of the KKVs that had destroyed the Saturn installation, broadcasting to the habitat cluster they were of the OCP and that TF Dolittle would take responsibility for the KKV strike, noting they had already done the same for the installations at Ross and Lyten.

From here, the Task Force made its way deeper into the system, loudly broadcasting towards terra their intent of ending the War Comstar had initiated, first by incenting Circinus to attack the WCDC and then the more open attack of McCarron on the Circinus Conference with the goal of not only destroying the conference, but also killing one head of state. Part of the message was that the House Lords had successfully taken over the HPG network and that, practically, Comstar was history.

The reaction was mixed. While the Reformers held back, two of the WarShips of the moderates, one of the Aegis and a Congress, as well as several dropships, began to burn towards TF Dolittle, intent on attack.

Code:
Moderates, Roll 1d100:             20-10 = 10 (Unexperienced Crews)
TF Dolittle, Roll 1d100: 1+15+5+10+25+20 = 76 (All Military Actions, engagements against dropships, all squadrons with an AutoWar, AutoWar exclusive squadrons, WarShip inclusion)
                                10 vs 76 - Overwhealming Victory - TF Dolittle

Combat between the two Moderate Warships and TF Dolittle was swift and brutal, as a full spread of several hundred Class IV missiles were fired at long range and the limited point defense was unable to cope, crippling both vessels, and leading to the Congress to detonate from a direct hit to its magazine.

As a direct result, the remaining four WarShips stood down and both sides sued for peace, leading to a successful end of Operation Dolittle on this end.

The support vessels meanwhile had been able to put the 11 captured WarShips into some semblance of space worthy, at least able to jump them towards OCP controlled space, where dockyards were already awaiting them.

John Draper and Tech Model Railroad Club meanwhile had decided to throw his lit in with the OCP, realizing that they were the only ones who could provide him with support and where he, an M-5 Capsar drone, could hide his existence among a native AI population.

Reward: Reduction of Comstar space forces, capture of 11 WarShips

[] Project Green Bracket: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 59+5+5+10 = 79 - Success (Ground Weapon Development, All R&D, Artillery R&D)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 19+5+5+10 = 39 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 5+5+5+10 = 25 - Failure
Roll 4 of 4, Roll 1d100: 16+5+5+10 = 36 - Success
Combined: 45 - Success
Number of Artillery Pieces, Roll 1d2: 1

The Lobbying Incident left a bad taste in the mouth of the remainder of the Team responsible for the selection of the new artillery system. The scandal had removed several of the most promising systems and while the remaining ones were innovative, they were not as efficient as the already existing systems.

In the end the selection fell on a single artillery system, a 280 mm Railgun launched missile system with better guidance and heavier warhead capacity and massively improved MRSI (Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact) capabilities compared to existing Rail Artillery. The downside of the new system was a reduced range up 50 kilometers, compared to up to 95 km.

Reward: 1 new Atrillery system

[] Operation Arminius: active
Time: ?, Chance of Success: 60%
Roll 1 of ?, Roll 1d100: 35+15 = 50 - Success

As Operation Dolittle wound down, the Lotharian Pact came active as the Marian Hegemony began their attack on the Lothian League and the worlds of Paulina and Logan Prime. While the Lothario Conference was still going on, the Confederated Military, together with their counterparts of the Lothian League and thy Illyrian Palatinate, had already begun planning for the defense of both smaller nations and operations against the Marian Hegemony, called Operation Arminius.

Already, the Cofederated Forces had the 1st Expeditionary Division in the area in preparation, with the understanding it would be stationed in the area for the duration of the Conference and then afterwards to be garrisoned in the area as well. With the start of the attack, the Division was split up, with OCPS Chasslor going to Paulina, while OCPS Onsay moved to Logan Prime.

Surprisingly, with Engrod class Landing Craft Carriers were able to reach their target planets ahead of the Marians and land their forces in place. The Lothian and Illyrian Defenders arrived only shortly after, before the 1st and 3rd Legion of the Marian Hegemony arrived in the System.

Code:
Battle of Paulina:
    Defenders, Roll 1d100:                  99+5+10+15 = 129 (To all Combat, Against IS Forces, Against Mechs)
    Marian 1st and 3rd Legion, Roll 1d100:  33+10      =  43 (Veteran Forces)
    Result:                     43 vs 129 - Overwhealming Victory to Defenders

While OCPS Chasslor could have engaged the Jumpships and Dropships before they reached the planet, orders had been given as part of Operation ARminius not to do so, partially to gain some insight in Marian ground combat, but also to allow the Lothians and Illyrians to participate in actual combat. Only when the Dropships had landed, Chasslor jumped out to the Nadir Jump Point, forcing the crews of the jumpships to surrender, before sending over prize crews.

On the planet, the Defenders had prepared the battlefield, all but offering a juicy target for the Marian Legions to disembark. While the attacking forces were crushed by heavy use of artillery, as well as skirmishes of the Lothian and Illyrian Mercenaries as well as 1st Armored Combat Brigade, infantry of the 1st Expeditionary Division and the two allies then attacked and took the Marian Dropships, with the Ground Support Combat Craft enforcing aerial superiority.

This ended the invasion of Paulina before it had even begun.

Code:
Battle of Paulina:
    Defenders, Roll 1d100:                       72+5+10+15 = 102 (To all Combat, Against IS Forces, Against Mechs)
    Marian 2nd, 4th and 5th Legion, Roll 1d100:  80+10      =  90 (Veteran Forces)
    Result:                     90 vs 102 - Victory to Defenders

The attack on Logan Prime however was much more of a close shave. While it had the same outcome in space, with OCPS Onsay waiting and then taking the jumpships, ground combat was not as successful.

The commander of the three Legions sent to Logan Prime failed to take the bait of the carefully prepared battlefield that had destroyed 1st and 3rd Legion on Paulina, instead choosing to land in a more hilly area and slowly move towards his objective. This forced the defenders into multiple engagements, with the Marians going for hit-and-run attacks, which decimated the Lothian and Illyrian mercenaries to a much higher degree compared to the forces of the 2nd Armored Combat Brigade.

However, the Marian Legions sustained much higher combat losses compared to the defenders and after nearly two weeks, the Marian Legions were forced to retreat. They were subsequently forced to surrender, after the elements of the 3rd Armored Combat Brigade at Logan overran the defenders of the dropships and took the Marians the only means of leaving the planet.

Overall, the first combat operations of Operation Arminius were successful, with the Illyrians and Lothians gaining several new jumpships and dropships curtesy of the Marians.

active for ? more turns

WCDC Survey Office:

[] Strategic Intelligence: active
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 55%
Roll 1 of 5, Roll 1d100: 6 - Failure
Roll 2 of 5, Roll 1d100: 57+15 = 72 - Success
Roll 3 of 5, Roll 1d100: 69+15 = 84 - Success

While the plans for additional strategic intelligence on the FWL and the Lyrans continued, with a special focus on the FWL, as there was less intelligence available for the time being, plans were prepared for operations in Adurien, the Federated Suns and the Combine.

active for 2 more turns

[] NIAS Intelligence: - 5 votes active
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 40%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 78+15 = 93 - Success
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 60+15 = 75 - Success

The idea of injecting a Janitor into NIAS proved to be an unworkable idea, as it turned out that all personnel of the NIAS were put through rigorous background checks, meaning that any legend the Survey Office could work out would come under extreme scrutiny. So, instead, the decision was made to act in a way unusual for intelligence operations.

It was known the Federated Suns were intent in developing new technologies, so the OCP ambassador to the Federated Suns floated the idea of a limited scholarly exchange. The OCP would send a few scholars and scientists to the NIAS, in return for the Federated Suns sending their people to one or two OCP universities.

It was clear the OCP scientists would come under some scrutiny by NIAS and Federated Intelligence personnel, but if one or two of these scientists were to be intelligence operatives, they might discover a lot more about the NIAS than any janitor, which was more or less a go-to method of attempting to gather information.

A scholarly exchange in contrast allowed better control the information gathered by either side, though it was believed the Survey Office had much equipment, especially in Smart Dust, Micro Drones and spy software, to gather additional information.

active for 4 more turns

OCP Diplomatic Corps:

[] Diplomatic Contact: - 9 votes (5 - FWL) active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 99+5 = 104 - Crit Success (Circinus Conference)

In the aftermath of the Circinus Conference, it had become clear to the Diplomatic Corps that, while the OCP had contact with the Lyrans, the other powerful neighbor, the Free World League, had not been diplomatically contacted to date and their intentions regarding the OCP were unknown. As such, there was something of a burning need to establish a direct and constant contact with the FWL and set up an Embassy on their capital world, Atreus.

While there was a small ring of agents and a direct Caldran Ansible link to Atreus already in place, a direct diplomatic contact was needed.

active for 3 more turns

[] Diplomatic Contact: - 9 votes (6 - Andurien) active
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 44+5 = 49 - Success (Circinus Conference)

The Free Worlds League was not the only nation of the Inner Sphere the Diplomatic Corps considered being contacted directly. The Dutchy of Andurien, the opposing power to the FWL in the Circinus Conference, was the other nation to be contacted. It might be a smaller and younger nation compared to the others in the Inner Sphere, but Dame Humphreys and the Dutchy had shown their mettle by pretty much destroying the Capellan Confederation, which was recognized by the Analysts of the Diplomatic Corps as a nation that had deserved its fate, considering the largely mentally unstable rulers the nation had.

And to get both sides of any discussion with the FWL, it was believed Andurien needed to be contacted and an Ebmassy established.

active for 3 more turns

OCP Trade Organization:

[] Heavy Warship: active
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 3, Roll 1d100: 43+10+10+10+10 = 83 - Success (Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Military-Industrial Complex, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 3, Roll 1d100: 39+10+10+10+10 = 79 - Success
Roll 3 of 3, Roll 1d100: 41+10+10+10+10 = 81 - Success
Number of Warships, Roll 1d2: 1
Chance of Prototype, Roll 1d100: 21 - No prototype

Of the entire program to develop new Heavy WarShip classes, the Confederated Forces only considered a single design to be what they wanted and needed.

This design was the Tillman class battleship, designed by the Newport Vesta Dockyards, who had prior experience with designing combat spacecraft with the Sleipnir class, the most produced of the advanced combat craft. The Tillman was a Maximum Battleship, with a mass of 1.75Mtonnes, 3564 of which was taken up by Advanced Composite Armor and a basic structure that was 50 percent stronger than the Belisarius, enabling this design to survive much heavier damage.

The weapon systems had been designed with an eye towards the Belisarius, with its major armaments being direct energy weapons, while removing most of the Class IV missiles. While it was armed with 70 7.5 GW laser apertures, powered by a 750GW laser fusion reactor, the main weapons were four spinal mounted and newly designed 1.5TeV Wakefield Particle Beam Projectors, taking up almost the entire frontal part of the Tillman class. These weapons were capable to easily punch through the armor or any known WarShip at a range comparable to the 7.5GW laser apertures.

Being such a powerful particle beam had the side effect that a hit would additionally shower a significant portion of the target in heavy ionizing radiation, irradiating it.

With the same self-supporting capabilities and flag systems as the Belisarius, the Confederated Forces were confidant to have one of the, if not the most powerful WarShips in existence. However, the sheer size and the limited time frame taken by the project meant there was no prototype available, though the Tillman was under construction at the moment and would only be ready for the independent flight in Summer 2199/3039 and to be put into service with the Confederated Space Force by Winter 2199/3039, pending satisfactory results an no problem during production.

Any future Tillmans were dependent on the performance of the Tillman.

Rewards: 1 design of a Heavy Warship (>1Mtonnes)

[] Space Mining: - 7 votes active
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 55+10+10+10 = 85 - Success (Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 52+10+10+10 = 82 - Success

The project to improve raw material supplies started out well as several new mining joint ventures were formed over several systems, planning to set up new mining stations.

One joint venture considered among the most important however was a gas mining joint venture targeting not one, but three gas giants in three different systems, setting up gas harvesting sites with the latest mass accumulator systems from 61 Virginis to collect Helium-3 and Deuterium directly from the atmosphere of those gas giants, reducing the dependence on Jupiter, Dran and Danque for these gasses.

active for 2 more turns

OCP Office for Science and Development:

[] Helm Datacore Analysis: active
Time: 6 turns, Chance is success: 60%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 70+10+10 = 90 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 13+10+10 = 33 - Failure
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 42+10+10 = 62 - Success
Roll 4 of 6, Roll 1d100: 34+10+10 = 54 - Success

With the ability to read the directory structure of the Helm Datacore came the ability to discern the individual files contained within, as well as the names of the directories in question. As expected, the directory structure showed whoever had created the Datacore had intended it to contain as much knowledge in various fields as possible, though it was at the time unknown how advanced this knowledge would be.

Work continued as eventually it was possible to find several file types as image files of one type or another, with several being based on three-dimensional file formats known from IS computers.

That each file format had some larger or smaller difference within it made the data analysts wonder why this had even been done. Why create a database of knowledge that was harder to read?

active for 2 more turns

[] General Hyperwave Research: - 5 votes active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 40%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 73+10+10 = 93 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 9+10+10 = 29 - Failure

Work on General Hyperwave Research continued, with some researchers working on the theoretical side of the research, while others were more interested in more practical sides of the research. However, multiple problems came up, when several new hyperwave detectors that had been build with input from the theorists simply failed to work, or, in one case, exploded spectacularly, and that without anything actually explosive inside the detector.

This had the theorists stumped, and they struggled to find answers to these problems, failing to get much original research done for the project.

active for 2 more turns

----------------------------

OCP Internal Events:

The last WarShips of Project Cerulean Goddess get completed and are prepared to be put into service. Of these four vessels there were two Petan Class Missile Cruisers, OCPS Urnmny and OCPS Graf Speer, the Haing Class Gun Cruiser OCPS Rademaker and the Belisarius class Battleship OCPS Sun Tzu.

Deep Space Signal Intelligence Network Report:

Marian Hegemony:

As the attack on the Lothian League begins, it appears Caesar O'Reilly has thought about supplies and uses the modest national wealth to buy up supplies from the Inner Sphere to arm his forces. He even has been able to hire several Mercenary Companies, even without the Mercenary Review Board, discontinued after the fall of Comstar.

Lothian Pact:
Lothian League:
Illyrian Palatinate:

The Success of the Defense against the Marians and the fact that the OCP had handed the former Marian DropShips and JumpShips over to both the Lothians and the Illyrians has been received well. There remains the strange situation with salvaging of Mechs and weapons by the Lothians and Illyrians and their surprise that the Confederated Forces were not partaking in it. It had already been observed on Circinus and may need some research to understand it.

Inner Sphere:

Federated Commonwealth:
Lyran Commonwealth:
Federated Suns:

As far as we can possibly tell, both the Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth are preparing for some sort of military operation directed at Terra. This means that we might need to pull back TF Dolittle as they remain at Terra.

Draconis Combine:

Due to the Comstar Situation, there is little that can be disconcerned.

Free Worlds League:

After several months of hard work, and the formation of a national communication company, the FWL HPG network begins operation, though largely for internal communication. For the moment, only limited communication channels to the FedCom HPG network are established.

Dutchy of Andurien:

Due to the Comstar Situation, there is little that can be disconcerned.

Comstar Situation:

The situation on Terra stabilizes a little with the remaining WarShips surrendering to TF Dolittle, but on the planet there is still combat between the two factions of the Moderates and the Radicals.

TF Dolittle attempted to interfere with operations on the ground, but the lack of any means of actually do anything, it is limited to keeping in orbit.

What is most surprising, however, is the main media reaction to TF Dolittle in orbit as news agencies decry Terra is under threat of 'Neo-barb primitives from the Periphery', who 'have stumbled over things they don't understand'. The sheer gall and racism of these statements is surprising.

However, there are other stations that hail Admiral Cameron as the 'return of House Cameron' from 'Periphery Exile'.

Expansion and Suggestions:

The DSSI Network slowly continues to expand into the Inner Sphere.

-----------------------

Random Event - Nothing happens

-----------------------

Turn 58 - Winter 2188/3038
Turn 58 - Winter 2188/3038

Confederated Forces:

[] Operation Arminius: active (? turns)
With the attack of the Marian Hegemony on the Lothian League, the Lothian Pact Defensive Treatycame into action and the OCP is obligates to attack the Marian Hegemony in Operation Arminius:
Time: ? turns, Chance of Success: 60%, Reward: ?

[] Extended Anti-Piracy Patrols:
While the project to improve the defense against piracy in Known Space around the OCP was a success, many within the Diplomatic Corps and the Military believed that more should be done to prevent piracy in this sector of space, as the destruction of any 'Pirate Heaven' close by would proove to remain a problem not only for the OCP, but also for any nearby nation the OCP had contact with. As such, longer duration and longer ranged patrols to discover any potential pirate havens in known space and destroy them before they can be fully established.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Long Duration, long range patrols, reduction of pirate activity to almost zero within known space

[] Capital Weapons:
While the majority of weapon systems used on the Belisarius are in a sense prototypes, it might be a good idea to take a closer look at the various weapon systems taken from the WarShip to figure out how to build better weapons for such massive vessels.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: Multiple new Capital Weapon Systems

[] Operational Preparations:
With the destruction of Comstar, the focus of potential operational planning needs to be shifted towards the Inner Sphere nations and potential hostile actions coming from them. Operational plans should be prepared to deal with any eventuality involving the Inner Sphere nations.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of Success: 65%, Reward: +10 to combat with selected nation
Select one Inner Sphere nation to concentrate on

[] Fleet Extension:
The first Fleet extension is finished, but now the OCP has more WarShip classes available. Especially the Engrod Class is important for Force Projection with Expeditionary Divisions.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of Success 70%, Reward: Construction of (5+2d6) new WarShips

OCP Survey Office:

[] Strategic Intelligence: active (4 turns)
With operations against Comstar being successful for the time being and the possible shism and dismanteling of the organization, Operations should be prepared to gather more strategic intelligence concerning the major Inner Sphere nations. While relations are currently good and the OCP appears to have the defensive capabilities to keep then in check, more about the Inner Sphere needs to be known.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Result: Development of strategies concerning strategic espionage in the Inner Sphere

[] NIAS Intelligence: active (5 turns)
While the discovery of some forms of research within the New Avalon Institute of Science has not be surprising, the speed of the research and their source did surprise the OCP. Steps should be taken to infiltrate the NAIS to some degree witn human intelligence sources in addition to micro drones and Smart Dust to keep up to date with the developments there.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 40%, Result: Emplacement of an Intelligence Source in the NAIS

[] Deep Cover Intelligence IV:
With a few more Inader II dropships avaiable, it should be possible t o send out a few more of them for long duration deep cover missions to gather intelligence data of all Inner Sphere powers, even those periphery powers that are some distance away.
Time: 1 turn, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: continous intelligence reports over several years, while other operations are available
This option takes one turn to initiate, than continues without using up an option

[] Combine Intelligence:
There is very little the OCP actually know about the Draconis Combine. While Deep Cover intelligence is a certainty, a few Walsingham class scouts might be a good idea to gather some initial data to get a general idea about the situation within the Combine, as well as jumpship traffic data.
Tim3: 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Result: Inteligence data on the Draconis Combine

OCP Diplomatic Corps:

[] Invite Others IV:
The OCP was working out nicely and maybe it was time to invite one of the other worlds outside the Three Systems into the OCP?
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 35%, Reward: The selected world joins the OCP as a member
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

[] Humanitarian Aid IV:
With the formation of the Prometheus Foundation, it would be a shame not to make use of it. As such, it might be advantageous to send out a diplomatic mission to one of the neighboring systems discovered recently, and offer the planet some humanitarian aid. Rumors within the Foundation note they have been able to produce a couple of Planetary Settlement Kits, usually meant to establish new settlements on habitable worlds.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: +10 on diplomatic action on targeted world, targeted world is slowly brought up to a Walker Cluster tech level
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

[] We need new members:
There are 8 nations in the Three Systems that have declined to become members of the OCP. The Three Systems can't effort to have some nations working on cross purposes and endanger the entire rest of the Walker Cluster. So there is a need to get them aboard and into the OCP.
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 25%, Reward: 1d6 nations of the 8 nations that declined OCP membership initially, become OCP members

[] Diplomatic Contact:
Select Inner Sphere nation to diplomatically contact, may be selected multiple times

OCP Trade Organization:

[] Space Mining: active (3 turns)
The industrial capacity of the OCP is growing and with it grows the need for raw materials, be they gassious, liquid or solid. Projects should be started to improve the raw material situation of the OCP and possibly even export those raw materials.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: More Raw Materials, +5 on internal and external trade

[] Industrial Export:
Some surprising things have come up during historical research, including the Terran Hegemony flooding the Periphery with cheap goods and systems that killed off local suppliers and left worlds in the cold, following the Amaris Crisis and the following Successor Wars. Now some companies believe they could make a profit selling power generation, atmospheric processors, water purification and other similar systems to the worlds and polities surrounding the OCP. Some even propose to set up factories for these things on other planets and polities. This would certainly improve the economic situation of these worlds, diplomatic contact with them, as well as improve the OCP economy.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: +10 to external trade with selected world, +10 to diplomacy with selected world
Select a world or polity to export to

[] Medium Warship:
With the Belisarius and the Petan derives Warship hulls avaiable, maybe it is time to design a few Warships that are in the same weight area as the Petan derived hulls to act as medium combatants.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: 1d2 designs of a Medium Warship (<1Mtonnes), 25% chance of a working prototype
Only available after completion of Warship Roles

[] Space Industry:
While the industrial capacity of the OCP grows, more industry needs to be move from the planetary surface into space, where even the dirtiest processes can be used to produce good without pollution. In turn, this means more production.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: More space borne industrial capacity, +10 on internal and external trade

[] Geoforming:
Between the various geo-engineering expertise of the Three Systems and Hannover, it should be possible to come up with way to turn this into actual geo-forming and large scale manipulation of a planetary surface and atmosphere to make a world more habitable. A Project should be launched to braw experts of those fields together and start an OCP organization dealing with geo-forming.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Reward: Terraforming Projects, Terraforming may be sold to Inner Sphere powers

OCP Office for Science and Development:

[] Helm Datacore Analysis: active (3 turns)
The Helm Datacore was received from Sudeten and carefully prepared for decryption. It should be relatively easy for the OCPs quantum computing systems to recover the datacores file system and begin analysis of the datacores actual files. Still, there is the high possibility that no all data can be recovereed.
Time: 6 turns, Chance is success: 60%, Reward: (50+2d20)% of the Helm Datacore

[] General Hyperwave Research: active (5 turns)
There are some things that came up during the research into Hyperwave Trenceivers and HYDAR. MAybe it would be some time to take a closer look at the various things that have come to mind.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 40%, Reward: Unknown new Research Option

[] HFEG Jump II:
In the wake of the success with the Jump Drive and the HFEG working in parallel, there have been some signs that it might be possible to combine both systems into a single drive system.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: HF Jump Drive

[] Plasma Containment Research:
While the research of the Alien Plasma Weapon has failed, there are some ideas that were gleamed from the project. Perhaps those gleams could be used to improve existing fusion reactors and maybe even design a new form of directed plasma projecting weapon.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Improved Fusion Reactors, 50% chance of new Plasma Weapon research option

[] Compact Hyperwave Transceiver:
The scientists are sure that it will be possible to create much more compact hyperwave transcivers than the scurrently microwave sized designs. These transceivers might take a hit in range and network speed however.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Compact Hyperwave transceivers (1d6 for final size)

[] Random Research:
There are so many research topics out there that cannot be counted and they should be given funding. MAybe they will be useful...
Time: 2-6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Random research result
Please suggest a Research Topic
Can be taken multiple times simultanously

2 Action for:

1 Action for:
Military
Trade

Informations - Tillman Maximum Battleship
Code:
Tillman Battleship

Designer: Newport Vesta Dockyard
Manufacturer: Varies
Use: Maximum Battleship
Type: Advanced WarShip
Mass: 1,750,000 tons
Technology Base: Walker Cluster Mixed
Introduced: 30XX
Fuel: 12,000 tons
Safe Thrust: 2.5g
Maximum Thrust: 4g
KF Drive Integrity: 31
Heat Sinks: 8600 Advanced Heatsinks
Structural Integrity: 180
    Single Piece Fabricated (molecular 3D printed) Carbon nanotube reinforced Ti-Al-Fe Alloy frame

FTL Drives:
    Advanced Jump Drive             787500 tonnes
    Heim-Feynman Event Generator     35000 tonnes

Armor
    Nose: 500
    Fore Sides: 730/730
    Aft Sides: 730/730
    Aft: 500

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Class IV Drones (20)    6 Doors   
    Bay 2:  Small Craft (16)        2 Doors   
    Bay 3:  Cargo (202671.0 tons)   5 Doors
    Bay 4:  Small Combat Craft (2)  1 Door
    Bay 5:  Small Combat Craft (2)  1 Door
    Bay 6:  Refinery Access         1 Door

Ammunition:
    600 tonnes of 10µm Macron Particles
    300 Class IV missile Ammo (12000 tonnes)

Dropship Capacity: 40
Grav Decks: 3 (95 m, 95 m, 95 m)
Escape Pods: 25
Life Boats: 40
Crew:  39 officers, 357 enlisted, 1 AI

Notes: Mounts 3564 tonnes of Advanced Composite Armor

Weapons:                                        Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                         Heat   SRV       MRV       LRV       ERV      Class
Nose (3400 Heat)
    4 1.5 TeV Wakefield Particle Beam Projectors   3400 260(2600) 260(2600) 260(2600) 260(2600)  Capital PPC
FRS/FLS (470 Heat)
    3 Class IV Missiles                             120   8(80)     8(80)     8(80)      8(80)   Capital Missile
        Class IV Ammo (100 shots)
    2 Hypervelocity Macron Accelerator              200  50(500)   50(400)   50(500)      0(0)   Capital AC  
        10µm Macron Particles (150 tonnes)
   30 AMS Cluster                                   150
        5MW 300nm Laser Aperture                      2   1(6)      0(0)      0(0)        0(0)   AMS
        Dual 35mm Helical Gauss Gun                   3   1(6)      0(0)      0(0)        0(0)   AMS
        35mm Coil Gun Ammo (1500 shots)
RBS/LBS (3730 Heat)
   20 7.5GW 300nm Laser Apertures                  3000  65(650)   65(650)   65(650)     65(650) Capital Laser
   15 0.8GW 300nm Laser Apertures                   480   7(70)     7(70)     7(70)       7(70)  Capital Laser
   50 AMS Cluster                                   250
        5MW 300nm Laser Aperture                      2   1(6)      0(0)      0(0)        0(0)   AMS
        Dual 35mm Helical Gauss Gun                   3   1(6)      0(0)      0(0)        0(0)   AMS
ARS/ALS (2230 Heat)
   15 7.5GW 300nm Laser Apertures                  1500  65(650)   65(650)   65(650)     65(650) Capital Laser
   15 0.8GW 300nm Laser Apertures                   480   7(70)     7(70)     7(70)       7(70)  Capital Laser
   50 AMS Cluster                                   250

Equipment:
    Smart Dust Dispenser w/ 5000kg of 0.5mm³ Smart Dust
    Refinery & Fabricator Complex (can replenish all ammunition in weeks)
    Refined Material Storage (35000 tonnes)
    High Bandwidth Laser Communication Suite
    Multiple Distributed Computer Cores for ASI
    750GW Fusion Laser Core System
    Caldran Ansible
    Enhanced Range Secure HPG
    Surveillance Equipment
    Up to 50 Surveilance Nodes (Ternary Caldran Ansible Nodes with Surveillance Capability)

[X] Capital Weapons:
[X] Space Industry:

Lets get our warships even more deadly and the ability to build a lot more of em.

Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 99+5 = 104 - Crit Success (Circinus Conference)
Shouldn't the Prometheus Foundation grant another +5 on external diplomatic actions for both diplomatic contact actions?

Military
[X] Capital Weapons

Trade
[X] Medium Warship

Let's expand our options before we build another cohort of Warships, shall we? Furthermore by postponing for a year we'll be able to start building more just after the Heavy WarShip Tillman has been finished and evaluated.

*Return of House Cameron from Periphery Exile*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF_______

No. Just No.

oh-shi.gif

As for the rest?

The Marians lost 5? whole legions plus all the attending ships?

what do they have left? Do they have anything left?

[x] Fleet Extension:
The first Fleet extension is finished, but now the OCP has more WarShip classes available. Especially the Engrod Class is important for Force Projection with Expeditionary Divisions.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of Success 70%, Reward: Construction of (5+2d6) new WarShips

[x] Space Industry:
While the industrial capacity of the OCP grows, more industry needs to be move from the planetary surface into space, where even the dirtiest processes can be used to produce good without pollution. In turn, this means more production.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: More space borne industrial capacity, +10 on internal and external trade

Because holy shit batman if there is even a 1/1000 chance that the Cameron thing is believed we are about to go to war with every bloody one.

Back
Top Bottom