What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

[X] Advanced Armor
[X] Number Station
[X] Send volunteer engineers and technicians and supplies to earth to help rebuild critical infrastructure.

Last edited:
Against who? Targets must be selected. And why these choices?
I thought this was to create a intelligence bureau to gather all available intelligence on all the Inner Sphere powers. If there need to be a target it would be 1. FedCom and 2. FWL and 3. Clans/Periphery. Regarding Intelligence and Operations, it will take decades for the IS to build new warships even with our help so capital weapons can wait. I would rather focus on our logistics and intelligence so we have an early warning system against IS or Periphery attacks.

I thought this was to create a intelligence bureau to gather all available intelligence on all the Inner Sphere powers. If there need to be a target it would be 1. FedCom and 2. FWL and 3. Clans/Periphery. Regarding Intelligence and Operations, it will take decades for the IS to build new warships even with our help so capital weapons can wait. I would rather focus on our logistics and intelligence so we have an early warning system against IS or Periphery attacks.
It was to direct intelligence assets to look into military targets of a target nation, as the Survey Office is the intelligence agency of the OCP, even if its an open secret that they are not just a survey service.

We have Intel bureau and a sensor net up that lets us see anything coming for 60+ lightyears at least and we have overwhelming navel superiority and everyone with any sense knows it. Our logistics is so good we with our few systems per Warringer equal half the FedSuns and we have mobile stations that can act as full logistics hubs far from the homeworlds and literal von nueman ships. Though those picks do make sense and well be gotten to.

I disagree that selling warships would weaken our diplomatic position. Strategically,in the mid to long term, yes but not diplomatically, in that regard it would do the exact opposite.
They would perceive it as an act of weakness and only motivate them to attack.

They would perceive it as an act of weakness and only motivate them to attack.
Eh not sure about that. Sure here we will totally sell you some warships we are so rich and powerful we can totally just sell some of the single most valuable and expensive/time consuming to build weapons and totally dont fear you having them.

[X] Capital Weapons:
While the majority of weapon systems used on the Belisarius are in a sense prototypes, it might be a good idea to take a closer look at the various weapon systems taken from the WarShip to figure out how to build better weapons for such massive vessels.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: Multiple new Capital Weapon Systems
[X] Number Station:
The activation of a Hyperwave number station has come as a surprise and might be connected to the bio-attack on Hanse Davion and the problems on Terra. An operation should begin to find the number station and recover it intact, hopefully to learn who made it and from where the final transmissions come.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: 25% chance to recover number station intact, 50% chance of recovering data intact

[X] Send volunteer engineers and technicians and supplies to earth to help rebuild critical infrastructure.

During some talks, Sophist Winters shows interest in journeying to the OCP for some direct talks with the government, as he has been given plenipotentiary powers by his Kahn.
Well, someone's being trusted here. Good for them, even if the whole realpolitik implied here goes over my head.

What's the difference between operational and targeted intelligence? The former grants a small bonus and has a higher chance of success from an game system perspective, but that doesn't tell me much about its ingame importance. Is it economic vs. military reconnaissance, or breadths vs. depth?

Also, I think we should get started on Operational Preparations for basically all major IS powers, going from biggest to smallest.

Relatedly, speaking only for myself here, I note some decision paralysis on Operational Preparations, Targeted Intelligence, and Operational Intelligence. I want to kick off these actions since I feel they'll do us good and be very advantageous in the future, but at the same time I fear I'll pick the wrong polity to aim these at. Besides the Free Worlds League and the Federated Suns that is, which came up often enough that I recognise them as major players.

If I remember correctly clan space is roughly at 2–3 o'clock on the IS map, while we're at 9. Is such a big migration (assuming Nova Cats didn't cut through IS space and instead kept to the periphery) normal? Because it certainly looks like that would take in excess of one year, and it makes me wonder what spurred their decision to move into our neighbourhood, or if our presence was relatively unplanned and incidental.

Moving on yeah terraforming Pandemonium should be a great test though how do the locals feel i wonder about it? Many might like it wetter and greener but quite a few might like the deserts. Still it lets use test many things and helps a planet.
The conservatives/traditionalists at least will have an opposed faction, but at the same time we can point to the long time frame of any geoforming operations. Furthermore, our aim isn't transforming Pandemonium into a forrest, jungle or ocean world (in so far as a planet can be a single biome), but to push the balance towards the more human habitable middle, increasing the water content and such. We'd have to pretty deliberately fail catastrophically for the planet to slide off its desert spectrum.
If combined drives do work out like hope should we do a massive upgrade now or should we wait till weapons and armor is done? I think we should wait and do a single massive fleet wide upgrade because HFEG alone is going to change a lot.
I suspect we'll be faced with an effectively third FTL drive (as in manufacturally incompatible with existing KF and HFEG drives), and depending on specifications HFEG drives might not be able to be replaced by HFFKE drives; KF drives I can almost swear won't be, so overhauling KF drive equipped shipped will be effectively the same as rebuilding them from the ground up. It might make more sense to phase them out and design entirely new classes, or at the very least start a longer action that would revisit the blueprints for each class and adapt them to the HFFKE drives.
Still didn't stop some of his younger siblings to get caught up in various... incidents and diseases. Makes one wonder how that happened...
You simply gotta love heredity-based systems of government and rules of succession. So crisis-proof and un-manipulable. /s
Our Earth is fine.
Their one - Terra - faster they destroy it without our involvement, the better.
There is something like 6 billion people on it and most dont deserve to die in agony. Just trying geets boots on the ground and some good will.
Pretty sure beast didn't condemn billions of people to agony and death with their comment, but pointed out the ambiguity of using 'Earth' (which can mean OCP Earth or IS Earth) instead of 'Terra' (which canonically is IS Earth).
I also think it goes without saying that whomever we'll send will arrive with an orbital force umbrella, ready to shoot down any threat or retaliate against any strike to our volunteers. Though our volunteers will definitely be accused of invading Terra, even if they stay within cordoned off areas of humanitarian interest. The question will rather be if the attack will come before the volunteers have garnered enough goodwill and convinced enough with their efforts to not be attacked in the first place. Personally I wouldn't bet on it.

Putting myself in their shoes, if OCP's trying to get rid of captured WarShips that means OCP don't have the facilities to operate and/or service them, or the WarShips are unusable/too damaged and OCP's trying to pull one over me (in a setting where underhandedness = sign of weakness).

[X] Capital Weapons
[X] Number Station
[X] Send volunteer engineers and technicians and supplies to earth Terra to help rebuild critical infrastructure.

Well, someone's being trusted here. Good for them, even if the whole realpolitik implied here goes over my head.
Remember might makes right society were everything can be decided by ritual combat but even here there are positions of authority that have to be somewhat sacrosanct. Loremaster is one of the big three positions. Beneath Khan and saKhan but still filling vital roles as well... master of lore and ceremonies and officiating/refereeing major rituals like bloodnames trials. Specifics as ever depend on the clan but it is a generally a older but very dangerous and canny warrior acting as advisor to the Khans and galaxy commanders in generally and handling major affairs that might be beneath the Khans or perhaps they are to busy to do themselves. Like here. Name may change but this is a vital mission that cannot be fucked up and both Khans are needed back in the homeworld organizing the exodus and either fighting off opportunist assholery or at least giving illusion that nothing is wrong or actually happening.

If I remember correctly clan space is roughly at 2–3 o'clock on the IS map, while we're at 9. Is such a big migration (assuming Nova Cats didn't cut through IS space and instead kept to the periphery) normal? Because it certainly looks like that would take in excess of one year, and it makes me wonder what spurred their decision to move into our neighbourhood, or if our presence was relatively unplanned and incidental.
Actually clan spaces is at straight 12 o'clock but the exodus route did go on that 2-3 path to throw off possible pursuers and no this is not normal this is a insane affair that will see the Nova Cat Abjured, declared not clan, probable by the other clans as traitors and they will probable leave quite a few behind. I was saying offer to send transports for a reason beyond just chance to spy on the homeworlds. I have no idea how they will get their people out and in canon they had to abandon millions to the other clans for simple lack of space and time to transport them all. How they seem certain they can move their population plus extras i have no idea. The other clans should be flipping their shit and the crusaders jumping on this as a excuse for invasion because with Cats so close to IS there is a good chance the houses will learn of them and through them the other clans. Moving into our neighborhood to only makes sense if they are following a vision which led them here.
The conservatives/traditionalists at least will have an opposed faction, but at the same time we can point to the long time frame of any geoforming operations. Furthermore, our aim isn't transforming Pandemonium into a forrest, jungle or ocean world (in so far as a planet can be a single biome), but to push the balance towards the more human habitable middle, increasing the water content and such. We'd have to pretty deliberately fail catastrophically for the planet to slide off its desert spectrum.
Should be a interesting social experiment to see how the people change as the world does to. As long as we dont push it to far should be fine and frankly making the planet a earth type is probable a bit beyond us yet. at least without a few decades to work at it.
I suspect we'll be faced with an effectively third FTL drive (as in manufacturally incompatible with existing KF and HFEG drives), and depending on specifications HFEG drives might not be able to be replaced by HFFKE drives; KF drives I can almost swear won't be, so overhauling KF drive equipped shipped will be effectively the same as rebuilding them from the ground up. It might make more sense to phase them out and design entirely new classes, or at the very least start a longer action that would revisit the blueprints for each class and adapt them to the HFFKE drives.
That what i am half thinking but waiting to see what Warringer actually gives us. Either way its probable going to be a major refit at least so we probable just hold of till weapons and armour are done and lay out our next gen hulls or block refits.
You simply gotta love heredity-based systems of government and rules of succession. So crisis-proof and un-manipulable. /s
Democracy is not neccissarily that much better but as long as the safeties hold it is far more stable and prosperous. As long as safeties hold...
Pretty sure beast didn't condemn billions of people to agony and death with their comment, but pointed out the ambiguity of using 'Earth' (which can mean OCP Earth or IS Earth) instead of 'Terra' (which canonically is IS Earth).
I also think it goes without saying that whomever we'll send will arrive with an orbital force umbrella, ready to shoot down any threat or retaliate against any strike to our volunteers. Though our volunteers will definitely be accused of invading Terra, even if they stay within cordoned off areas of humanitarian interest. The question will rather be if the attack will come before the volunteers have garnered enough goodwill and convinced enough with their efforts to not be attacked in the first place. Personally I wouldn't bet on it.
No pretty sure he was but it is understandable because their earth is festering problem with its Terra first nonsense and as a symbol to be fought over for legitimacy.

Putting myself in their shoes, if OCP's trying to get rid of captured WarShips that means OCP don't have the facilities to operate and/or service them, or the WarShips are unusable/too damaged and OCP's trying to pull one over me (in a setting where underhandedness = sign of weakness).
Possible but they know we captured them in the first place so we cant be that weak. But fools have always looked for excuses in any case.

Because they wouldn't do it themselves, it would be a sign of submission to their might
Not really historically warships were sold or given between powers. The houses donated more than a few to the newly formed SLDF and the Terran Hegemony sold older warships to the houses.

That makes sense.
Because they wouldn't do it themselves, it would be a sign of submission to their might
That doesn't make sense, if we're both nations based on small islands that all but the smallest warship guns can totally cover and i have warships and you don't, who do you thinks mightier. Now if i offer to sell you some thinking underhanded shenanigans are about is reasonable, IF you don't know i don't know you don't have warships OR the capability to build them.

Also remember we build ten times more jumpships in a month than they do in a year.

I do acknowledge that people are often idiots, especially in terms of preconceived notions on how the world works, but i would implore you to remember that we're selling them the remains of the last people who tried to fight us.

That doesn't make sense, if we're both nations based on small islands that all but the smallest warship guns can totally cover and i have warships and you don't, who do you thinks mightier. Now if i offer to sell you some thinking underhanded shenanigans are about is reasonable, IF you don't know i don't know you don't have warships OR the capability to build them.

Also remember we build ten times more jumpships in a month than they do in a year.

I do acknowledge that people are often idiots, especially in terms of preconceived notions on how the world works, but i would implore you to remember that we're selling them the remains of the last people who tried to fight us.
I wouldn't rely on them acting in any reasonable way, it's a very different society, and would think differently, it's "handing over your sword as act of submission" kind of thing. We already did a mistake when we handed four ships to Steiner-Davion for nothing in return, giving them rest would be a fatal mistake. As it would be sending any help to Terra. Let FedCom fight over Terra, if Comstar remnant destroys Terra and destroys the ships we gave them in some suicidal attack, it will hit two birds with one stone, and we can deny responsibility for what Comstar cultists did.

I wouldn't rely on them acting in any reasonable way, it's a very different society, and would think differently, it's "handing over your sword as act of submission" kind of thing. We already did a mistake when we handed four ships to Steiner-Davion for nothing in return, giving them rest would be a fatal mistake. As it would be sending any help to Terra. Let FedCom fight over Terra, if Comstar remnant destroys Terra and destroys the ships we gave them in some suicidal attack, it will hit two birds with one stone, and we can deny responsibility for what Comstar cultists did.
They are not completely alien though. Giving warships to them so freaked out Hanse it pushed him right over the edge faster on his heart attack trying to figure out why and at what hidden cost and they can understand compassion and lets not wreck everything or the succession wars would have ended in mutual suicide. Besides it Terra and a world of 6 billion plus people no one wants to see it wrecked save the crazies and us players and we players only want it wrecked because we know how dangerous the planet can be.

Actually I want ask how large is our navy? And how do our ASF compair to their IS counterparts? Also what turn did we get our heavy mechs again I need to recheck their stats

Actually I want ask how large is our navy? And how do our ASF compair to their IS counterparts? Also what turn did we get our heavy mechs again I need to recheck their stats
Assuming we kept/updated the Combat Space Craft we started with we have at least 2k+ of those and probably hundreds of their Advanced brethren. Two battleships (Belisarius and Tillman) i belive at least three Petan Heavy Cruisers and four each Arethusa Patrol Cruisers and Engorod Lander Carriers(is Assault Carrier an unreasonable designation?) an unknown number of Haing Frigates(i dont know). Additionally i recall we have a number of mobile bases.

As for ASFs i don't recall if it ever came up in quest though we did use Advanced Combat Space Craft in a Close Air Support role.

I dont know if we even have heavy mechs.
Edit:Cant forget our Von Numean ships.
Heres the Fussiler Mech and K2 MBT.

Last edited:

Follow links for info on heavy vehicles. Its spread about a bit so check a few page each way. ASF? We dont have them. We have automated drone craft for that and calls for our own for at least export purposes get lukewarm reception at best. Our navy? Eeh Warringer probable has it written down and easy to lose track of. But very large. Around a thousand of Advanced Combat Craft. Piles of older craft and going on 24+ warships and mobile stations of various sizes.

The point is that we can capture, repair and sell Inner Sphere type warships and still be vastly more powerful than the Successor States. Besides, we are far away from the main borders (FWL-FedCom; Combine-FedCom; WOB-Comstar/FedCom) where those warships would be deployed. We have also shown that we are not aggressive like the Blakists or the Combine, we will hit back if hit first but we have held back. I say no new warships for them but refurbishing them is fine.

The point is that we can capture, repair and sell Inner Sphere type warships and still be vastly more powerful than the Successor States. Besides, we are far away from the main borders (FWL-FedCom; Combine-FedCom; WOB-Comstar/FedCom) where those warships would be deployed. We have also shown that we are not aggressive like the Blakists or the Combine, we will hit back if hit first but we have held back. I say no new warships for them but refurbishing them is fine.
It could be a nice side business. I still think we could reverse engineer and make for sell league level Lola III iirc since they are decent enough light warships that we can casually kill at will. Though honestly they probable end up on our border anyway or at least kept in central points to act as fast reinforcements. No one will want to risk warships that soon and since only we have tem. Any not on other borders for patrols will probable be best to try and check our warships if possible.

Eh, with the large number of combat craft we might be good for a few years but I would say we should remember that the IS powers love to bully the perpihery states and keeping enough naval assets to kill any fleet they develop should be a major part of maintaining our security.

Eh, with the large number of combat craft we might be good for a few years but I would say we should remember that the IS powers love to bully the perpihery states and keeping enough naval assets to kill any fleet they develop should be a major part of maintaining our security.
Which was why was also thinking of limiting to like 10. Sorry should have mentioned that part. The Lola 3 was the leagues premier destroyer. To us its a floating target. Why not get the houses to pay good money to make worthless weapons?

Turn 63 - Spring 2190/3040 - Results
Turn 63 - Spring 2190/3040

Confederated Forces:

[] Extended Anti-Piracy Patrols: active
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 5, Roll 1d100: 97+15+10 = 122 - Crit Success (All Action, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 5, Roll 1d100: 59+15+10 = 84 - Success
Roll 3 of 5, Roll 1d100: 38+15+10 = 63 - Success

As the Confederated Space Patrol slowly took form, several modified Raytans were ordered from dockyards, each equipped with an HFEG, to move the station into position and even going as far as moving a station as needed. It was planned to partition the space patrolled by the Space Patrol into eight sectors for the time being, with one Raytan responsible for supporting the Sector Patrol. Survey Satellites equipped with Superluminal Wave Detectors and Ansible nodes, dubbed Patrol Satellites, would be placed into sub sectors to build up a tight detection network to prevent surprise attacks of pirates or state actors.

The latter, the potential risk of state actors or rogue state actors, was a reason to keep Space Patrol in the loop and make sure that they would be informed about any possible military situation.

The Confederated Forced hoped to use this to prevent Space Patrol from becoming a neglected part of the service.

active for 2 more turns

[] Capital Weapons: - 12 votes
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 62+5+5+10 = 82 - Success (All military R&D, Space Weapon R&D, Interstellar Communication Network)

Various high ranking officials and even politicians held the belief that the WCDC and now the OCP was in something of a race to catch up with the Inner Sphere powers when it came to the armament of capital WarShips and even smaller combat craft, ever since the Belisarius had been repaired and refitted to OCP standards.

Now, the Helm Database, as well as the various Comstar WarShips taken in the Inner Sphere, promised the Confederated Forced to catch up in the minds of these officials and politicians, and they were able to push through a project that targeted the design of new Capital Scale weaponry to upgrade both WarShips and the various classes of Advanced Combat Craft.

active for 3 turns

OCP Survey Office:

[] Combine Intelligence: active
Time 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 61+15 = 76 - Success (All Intel actions)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 98+15 = 113 - Crit Success
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 38+15 = 53 - Success
Roll 4 of 6, Roll 1d100: 33+15 = 48 - Success

The intelligence gathered drom the Combine slowly came to paint a rather bleak image of the star nation, repleat with atrocities, even directed at their own population. As the image formed, more people within the Survey Office wished to take a more active part in the open conflict between the Combine and the alliance of Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns, by offering intelligence to the military leaders of the alliance.

More information to be given in the Intelligence Report.

active for 2 more turns

[] Number Station: - 13 votes
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 45%
Roll 1 of 5, Roll 1d100: 14+15 = 29 - Failure

With the destruction of Comstar, an unknown source had activated a Hyperwave Number Station of some sort, located within the heart of the Inner Sphere and apparently able to transmit over the entirety of the Inner Sphere, with some weak signal even detected out within the Comfederation. The station does just that, transmitting seemingly random numbers between 1 and 1024 in a binary format over four different frequency bands as slow speeds. While it is clear the numbers transmitted are a code, it has all the hallmarks of a form of 'One Time Pad', only on a larger scale.

Many within the Survey Offices Intelligence wing are interested in the Number Station and have called for an operation to locate and possibly recover the station intact, but so far, the Advisory Committee for Intelligence has denied supplying the funding for such an operation.

active for 4 more turns

OCP Diplomatic Corps:

[] Diplomatic Contact: Taurians active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 55 - Success
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 36 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 59 - Success

With the presence of Edward Calderon, who apparently had recently recovered enough from a heavy dropship accident that cut off his legs beneath the knees, forcing him to adapt to a pair of prostetics, travel to the Taurian capital planet of Taurus was relatively quick. He commended the diplomatic mission for their lack of any larger scale military assets, outside of some security, noting anything less might have inducted his father, current Protector Thomas Calderon, to view the mission as a potential threat.

Thomas Calderon turned out to be something of a borderline paranoid, as he outright asked the mission why they had come through the Federated Suns to visit him, noting the Confederation was a 'periphery nation', which got the answer that the OCP had diplomatic relations to all the Inner Sphere major powers since the Circinus Conference in one form or another. This was not well-received by Thomas, but Edward's counsel did calm any potentially negative reaction down and reign in any of the paranoid tendencies of Thomas.

Aside from this incident, talks with the Concordat worked out relatively well, especially when the Confederation diplomats spoke highly of the freedoms and education within the Concordat, even going as far as potentially offering a limited educational exchange.

active for 1 more turns

[] Diplomatic Contact: Canopus active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 60 - Success
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 31 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 12 - Success

With the Magistracy of Canopus, the initial diplomatic contact did not fare as well as the contact with the Concordat.

The 'proper welcome' prepared for the diplomatic mission turned out to be a large party, with a lot of drugs and sex on offer, which largely fell through, as they had been, for this very reason, selected from the various non-human species of the Confederation. None of the Quetzal, Tiaunt, Ormiold and Turukal of the mission were incited at all, and the few humans of the mission were not in any position to be 'taken in', by the various attempts to gain favor with the mission.

Any other attempts from the Canopian side failed as well, souring the diplomatic relations from the get go, as it forced the Canopians to actually work for a change.

active for 1 more turns

OCP Trade Organization:

[] Geoforming: active
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 55%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 35+10+10+10+10 = 75 - Success (Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Interstellar Communication Network, Space Mining)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 4+10+10+10+10 = 44 - Success
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 95+10+10+10+10+10 = 145 - Crit Success (Space Industry)
Roll 4 of 6, Roll 1d100: 14+10+10+10+10+10 = 64 - Success

While the Pandemonium sunshade took shape, other smaller contracts were given out, Geoforming continued to gain popularity as a new way to incite investors. There were a few planets out there that would be more habitable if geoformed, though most potential geoforming work would be done on large scale habitats, like the first Bubbleworlds under construction in orbit around Niniveh in Luyten 726-8 A.

active for 2 more turns

[] Inner Sphere Technologies: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 33+10+10+10+10+10 = 83 - Success (Stronger Economy, Economic Ties, Interstellar Communication Network, Space Mining, Space Industry)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 13+10+10+10+10+10 = 63 - Success

With the new incentives handed out by the OCPTO, several companies began to expand into Inner Sphere technologies, beginning to produce goods from the Helm Database, though mostly for an Inner Sphere market, which was hoped could be 'colonized' by the company in question.

active for 2 more turns

OCP Office for Science and Development:

[] HFEG Jump II: active
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 50%
Roll 1 of 6, Roll 1d100: 45+10+10 = 65 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 6, Roll 1d100: 47+10+10 = 67 - Success
Roll 3 of 6, Roll 1d100: 81+10+10 = 101 - Success
Roll 4 of 6, Roll 1d100: 53+10+10 = 73 - Success

Slowly work with the new FPUs continued and while there were some failures in newly designed FPUs, many of those errors could be relatively easily be corrected.

Some success could be realized relatively early, as the new FPUs could be formed into a new design for an independent Shrivatsa System, which could be used to protect stations, smaller habitats and in system craft from cosmic and solar radiation. The new system was more compact and could be split into multiple projecting units spread out over the entire volume of the spacecraft. Potentially, the system could be used as a backup for the main HFEG based projection of the Shrivatsa System by larger spacecraft, should a failure or damage take down the HFEG.

active for 2 more turns

[] Plasma Containment Research: active
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 45%
Roll 1 of 4, Roll 1d100: 74+10+10 = 94 - Success (Research Center Sol, Interstellar Communication Network)
Roll 2 of 4, Roll 1d100: 49+10+10 = 69 - Success
Roll 3 of 4, Roll 1d100: 8+10+10 = 28 - Failure
Roll 4 of 4, Roll 1d100: 83+10+10 = 103 - Success
Combined: 73 - Success
Roll 1d6, odd - new plasma weapon research, even - no plasma weapon research: 1

While there had been earlier failure of gaining any more insight into the alien plasma containment device, a painful realization had come to the engineers. The alien device had contained patrially biological systems, which may as well have evolved, so the only way to go forwards was to use evolutionary algorythms to work on the problem. With the help of a super comnputer and an ASI researcher who had specialized in evolutionary designs.

Within about six weeks, this approach lead to the evolution of a plasma containment system that neatly fit into the alien plasma weapon and could be adapted to improve existing plasma containment system by nearly 50%, reducing the size of fusion reactors and thrusters by 25%, without reducing the efficency of the fusion reaction in itself. There was also the possibility of using the technology to improve on Inner Sphere fusion reactors.

Future weapon research into plasma weaponry was possible with this containment system, but for the most part the research would be purely theoretical and not lead to any useful weapon system.

Reward: Improved Fusion Reactors (size reduction by 25%), Plasma Weapon research action

----------------------------

OCP Internal Events:

CFS Fadiza and CFS Troaleen, the two remaining Arethusa class Patrol Leaders of the current fleet expansion program are put into service and are added to the new Space Patrol as backbone of what would become a Sector Main Patrol.

In the former Circinus Federation, calls come to the front about holding plebiscites to decide whether to request membership in the Confederation, continued occupation by the Confederation or renewed independence, with or without becoming a 'protectorate'.

Intelligence Report:

Lupus Republic:

The work of Karen S'jeet and Pride of Hiigara continued apace, with the materials meant for the ground side installations improving construction speed by nearly 600% of the previous work, allowing the work crews to construct an entire city for a million people within six months, with nearly twenty of these cities under construction on both worlds of the Lupus Republic. As such, the production is way ahead of the previous projections, which in turn would allow Clan Nova Cat and the other people taking part in this massive nation building project to move in quicker.

The amount of production going into the ground side installations, from fusion reactors, over factories, research installations, sports buildings and all other amenities for a functioning society, never took full advantage of the full production capabilities of Pride of Hiigara and the leadership had previously given S'jeet the green light to use the remaining production capacity for side projects.

One such side project was unveiled by S'jeet a double O'Neill Cylinder habitat of the ten kilometer class taking shape in orbit around the barycenter of Plato and Aristotle. While the cylinders themselves were complete, they were not yet filled with atmosphere, nor had they been geoformed on the inside. There were however already preparations made to construct living quarters for up to fifteen million people in the fully enclosed cylinders, as well as for the geoforming to create a fully integrated living space.

The work ethic of S'jeet and the help she was for the entire project caused Sophist Winters to offer her full citizenship in the 'leader caste' of the Republic. In one or two cases, he almost came across as begging.

Sophist Winters did however also travel to the Confederation, where he met up with the Confederation's President, Parliament and the Diplomatic Corps, hoping to establish friendly relations with the Confederation. He was open about the society of the Clans and the hope that the Republic would differentiate itself from the Clans, especially the warriors' treatment of the other castes, noting they had been massively influenced by recent lecture of various philosophical texts they had acquired.

Another open point for Winters was that Clan Nova Cat, and others wishing to join up with the Republic had to keep the entire project a highly guarded secret from the other Clans for the time being, but that once the other Clans learned of the project, the Republic would lack the means to fully evacuate Clan Space. He hoped that the Cofederation could support the Republic in the evacuation.

Marian Hegemony:

No additional informations needed.

Taurian Concordiat:

No additional informations needed.

Lothian Pact:
Lothian League:
Illyrian Palatinate:

The success of the Lothian Pact caused some people in the League and the Palatinate to become more amenable to deepen the relations between each other and the Confederation.

The occupation of the Marian Hegemony continued.

Inner Sphere:

Federated Commonwealth:
Lyran Commonwealth:
Federated Suns:

Draconis Combine:

On the Lyran Front, most of the offensive energy of the Lyrans was directed towards the capture of Luthien, which led to the invasion of Port Arthur and retaking Marawi, but this were the sole gains of the Commonwealth up to date, as the defense of the Combine stiffened.

On the side of the Federated Suns, the same situation could be observed with the offensive coming almost to a halt in the direction of Luthien with the invasion of Osmus Saar, Mersa Matruh and Peackock.

For the Combine, the increased pressure to defend Luthien led to several regions being able to break free of the grip of the local warlord, with the Tabayama Prefecture breaking away, declaring the Tabayama Compact, after almost all DCMA forces had been pulled away for the defense of Luthien. However, this was not the only break, as the remains of the Rasalhague Province broke away from the Combine as well, with Haakon Magnusson declaring himself the Prince of the Free Rasalhague Republic and entering into negotiations with the Lyran Commonwealth, attempting to recover some space of the former Rasalhague Province, especially the Rasalhague system itself.

Free Worlds League:

Not much of interest is happening within the FWL.

Dutchy of Andurien:

Not much of interest is happening within the Dutchy of Andurien.

Terra Situation:

[X] Send volunteer engineers and technicians and supplies to earth to help rebuild critical infrastructure. - 10 votes
Chance of success: 50%
Roll 1d100: 8 - Failure

With the situation on Terra worsening and information about the sabotage of the Yellowstone installations coming back to the Confederation, there were several engineers, technicians and other people willing to go to Terra to attempt to get the installations back into action to prevent Yellowstone from erupting. Especially the Prometheus Foundation offered their own JumpShips to transport the volunteers, but were soon joined by The Moot, a Von Neumann commanded by the ASI Bob.

This Volunteer Force made the journey to the Terra system within a record-breaking fifty days, but encountered more than one problem. While they communicated with the Belters to inform them about their aim, they were intercepted by the WarShips that had earlier been handed over to the Lyran and FedSun forces by Admiral Cameron and prevented from moving deeper in system. The volunteers eventually managed to talk the military commanders around to allow them to go to Terra and attempt to help, but apparently the 'Brotherhood of St. Cameron' had received these newses.

On March 3rd, 2190/April 21st, 3040 Four 5 MT thermonuclear devices detonated within the Magma chamber of the Yellowstone Caldera, massively increasing the pressure within the Caldera and leading to the eruption of several smaller volcanoes within the former Yellowstone National Park. The pressure increased further, threatening a full eruption of Yellowstone. The situation on the planet, worsened as a result, as attempts were made to evacuate as many people away from the possible eruption and the immediately threatened area, in this case almost the entirety of the central North American continent.

Expansion and Suggestions:

The DSSI Network slowly continues to expand into the Inner Sphere.

-----------------------

Random Event - Nothing happens

-----------------------

Turn 64 - Summer 2190/3040
Turn 64 - Summer 2190/3040

Confederated Forces:

[] Extended Anti-Piracy Patrols: active (2 turns)
While the project to improve the defense against piracy in Known Space around the OCP was a success, many within the Diplomatic Corps and the Military believed that more should be done to prevent piracy in this sector of space, as the destruction of any 'Pirate Heaven' close by would proove to remain a problem not only for the OCP, but also for any nearby nation the OCP had contact with. As such, longer duration and longer ranged patrols to discover any potential pirate havens in known space and destroy them before they can be fully established.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: Long Duration, long range patrols, reduction of pirate activity to almost zero within known space

[] Capital Weapons: active (3 turns)
While the majority of weapon systems used on the Belisarius are in a sense prototypes, it might be a good idea to take a closer look at the various weapon systems taken from the WarShip to figure out how to build better weapons for such massive vessels.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: Multiple new Capital Weapon Systems

[] Fleet Extension:
The last Fleet extension is finished, but now the Confederated Space Force requests more vessels.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of Success: 70%, Reward: Construction of (5+2d6) new WarShips
Only avaiable after the last Fleet Extension is finished

[] Operational Preparations:
With the destruction of Comstar, the focus of potential operational planning needs to be shifted towards the Inner Sphere nations and potential hostile actions coming from them. Operational plans should be prepared to deal with any eventuality involving the Inner Sphere nations.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of Success: 65%, Reward: +10 to combat with selected nation
Select one Inner Sphere nation to concentrate on

[] Advanced Armor:
It is generally known that many of the vessels, be they Advanced Combat Craft or WarShips, of the Confederated Forces are unable to take their own weaponsfire to any large degree and survive. So research should be done into upgrading existing armor to improve the survivability of those vessels and perhaps even ground vehicles. The Helm Datacore might be of assistance.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Improved Advanced Composite Armor

OCP Survey Office:

[] Combine Intelligence: active (2 turns)
There is very little the OCP actually know about the Draconis Combine. While Deep Cover intelligence is a certainty, a few Walsingham class scouts might be a good idea to gather some initial data to get a general idea about the situation within the Combine, as well as jumpship traffic data.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Result: Inteligence data on the Draconis Combine

[] Number Station: active (4 turns
The activation of a Hyperwave number station has come as a surprise and might be connected to the bio-attack on Hanse Davion and the problems on Terra. An operation should begin to find the number station and recover it intact, hopefully to learn who made it and from where the final transmissions come.
Time: 5 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: 25% chance to recover number station intact, 50% chance of recovering data intact

[] Clan Space:
The OCP has some idea who or what the Clans are, but does not know where the Clans actually are. So an operation should be launched to covertly follow some of the Nova Cat JumpShips back to Clan Space and do some general signal intelligence work.
Time: 10 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Discovery of Clan Space, general clan intelligence

[] Operational Intelligence:
The Confederation is lacking much in the way of concrete intelligence on the various Inner Sphere Powers military forces and aperatus. An Intelligence Operation should be launched to gather intelligence, to support any military operational planning against an Inner Sphere power.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Reward: +5 to Operational Planning against Inner Shere nation
Select one Inner Sphere nation to concentrate on

[] Targeted Intelligence:
A targeted Intelligence Operation should begin to gather targeted intelligence.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of Success: 50%, Reward: Targeted Intelligence
Suggest a target for the Intelligence Operation

OCP Diplomatic Corps:

[] Diplomatic Contact- Canopus: active (1 turns)
The OCP only has closer diplomatic contact with the Lyrans and the FedSuns and lacks any direct contact with the three other major powers of the Inner Sphere. It is time to rectify that.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: Embassy in selected nation
Select Inner Sphere nation to diplomatically contact, may be selected multiple times

[] Diplomatic Contact- Taurians: active (1 turns)
The OCP only has closer diplomatic contact with the Lyrans and the FedSuns and lacks any direct contact with the three other major powers of the Inner Sphere. It is time to rectify that.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: Embassy in selected nation
Select Inner Sphere nation to diplomatically contact, may be selected multiple times

[] Invite Others IV:
The OCP was working out nicely and maybe it was time to invite one of the other worlds outside the Three Systems into the OCP?
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 35%, Reward: The selected world joins the OCP as a member
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

[] Humanitarian Aid IV:
With the formation of the Prometheus Foundation, it would be a shame not to make use of it. As such, it might be advantageous to send out a diplomatic mission to one of the neighboring systems discovered recently, and offer the planet some humanitarian aid. Rumors within the Foundation note they have been able to produce a couple of Planetary Settlement Kits, usually meant to establish new settlements on habitable worlds.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: +10 on diplomatic action on targeted world, targeted world is slowly brought up to a Walker Cluster tech level
Please select a world from the list of Known Habited Worlds neat the Walker Cluster

[] We need new members:
There are 8 nations in the Three Systems that have declined to become members of the OCP. The Three Systems can't effort to have some nations working on cross purposes and endanger the entire rest of the Walker Cluster. So there is a need to get them aboard and into the OCP.
Time: 2 turns, Chance of success: 25%, Reward: 1d6 nations of the 8 nations that declined OCP membership initially, become OCP members

OCP Trade Organization:

[] Geoforming: active (2 turns)
Between the various geo-engineering expertise of the Three Systems and Hannover, it should be possible to come up with way to turn this into actual geo-forming and large scale manipulation of a planetary surface and atmosphere to make a world more habitable. A Project should be launched to braw experts of those fields together and start an OCP organization dealing with geo-forming.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Reward: Terraforming Projects, Terraforming may be sold to Inner Sphere powers

[] Inner Sphere Technologies: active (2 turns)
With the decopding of the Helm Datacore, it would be possible to build those technologies and systems described in it and sell it to the Inner Sphere powers.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 65%, Reward: +10 to external trade, +5 to diplomatic actions with the Inner Sphere

[] Industrial Export:
Some surprising things have come up during historical research, including the Terran Hegemony flooding the Periphery with cheap goods and systems that killed off local suppliers and left worlds in the cold, following the Amaris Crisis and the following Successor Wars. Now some companies believe they could make a profit selling power generation, atmospheric processors, water purification and other similar systems to the worlds and polities surrounding the OCP. Some even propose to set up factories for these things on other planets and polities. This would certainly improve the economic situation of these worlds, diplomatic contact with them, as well as improve the OCP economy.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: +10 to external trade with selected world, +10 to diplomacy with selected world
Select a world or polity to export to

[] Medium Warship:
With the Belisarius and the Petan derives Warship hulls avaiable, maybe it is time to design a few Warships that are in the same weight area as the Petan derived hulls to act as medium combatants.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: 1d2 designs of a Medium Warship (<1Mtonnes), 25% chance of a working prototype
Only available after completion of Warship Roles

[] Space Mining II:
The industrial capacity of the OCP is growing and with it grows the need for raw materials, be they gassious, liquid or solid. Projects should be started to improve the raw material situation of the OCP and possibly even export those raw materials.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 70%, Reward: More Raw Materials, +5 on internal and external trade

[] Space Industry II:
While the industrial capacity of the OCP grows, more industry needs to be move from the planetary surface into space, where even the dirtiest processes can be used to produce good without pollution. In turn, this means more production.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 60%, Reward: More space borne industrial capacity, +5 on internal and external trade

OCP Office for Science and Development:

[] HFEG Jump II: active (2 turns)
In the wake of the success with the Jump Drive and the HFEG working in parallel, there have been some signs that it might be possible to combine both systems into a single drive system.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: HF Jump Drive

[] Compact Hyperwave Transceiver:
The scientists are sure that it will be possible to create much more compact hyperwave transcivers than the scurrently microwave sized designs. These transceivers might take a hit in range and network speed however.
Time: 3 turns, Chance of success: 45%, Reward: Compact Hyperwave transceivers (1d6 for final size)

[] Hyperwave Lanes:
The discovery that it might be possible to use hyperwaves to improve FTL speed in the Everchanging Black is interesting news and should be followed up on, as it might improve interstellar commerce.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 40%, Reward: New Economic Action

[] Hyperwave Faults:
The discovery of some sort of fault line in n-dimensional Hyperspace was an interesting discovery and more research should be done to look into them and their effect and possible use.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 35%, Reward: New ? Action

[] Inner Sphere Technology:
With the decoding of the Helm Database, it should be possible to do some general research on the Inner Sphere technology base and come up with a few answers to problems that have bugged everyone.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: New Economic Actions

[] Basic Plasma Weapon Research:
While there are some who believe that this type of research would be more of a work for the military, there are enough others who believe that this is a basic research that would not only support military, but also civilian designs.
Time: 4 turns, Chance of success: 55%, Reward: Plasma Weapon research, 50% for civilian plasma research, 10% chance of surprise research

[] Random Research:
There are so many research topics out there that cannot be counted and they should be given funding. MAybe they will be useful...
Time: 2-6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Random research result
Please suggest a Research Topic
Can be taken multiple times simultanously

2 Action for:

1 Action for:
Science

Additional Action:

Should the Survey Office foward Combine Intelligence to FedCom?
[] Yes
[] No
[] Over my dead body

Should the OCP lease JumpShips to the Lupus Republic to move more people quicker from Clan Space to the Lupus Republic?
[] Yes
[] No
[] Maybe not now

Back
Top Bottom