What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong News

Polemarchos

Author
Surprisingly no one except libs, the Hong Kong police just allowed roving bands of triads to attack the populace indiscriminately. I'm curious if this is also rooted in how the British used to treat the crime group or if this is authoritarian government 101. Would be revolutionaries should note this, you first have to be able to fight the Hutts before you can take on the empirem

Surprisingly no one except libs, the Hong Kong police just allowed roving bands of triads to attack the populace indiscriminately. I'm curious if this is also rooted in how the British used to treat the crime group or if this is authoritarian government 101. Would be revolutionaries should note this, you first have to be able to fight the Hutts before you can take on the empirem
Hong Kong has no chance to take on China directly. Slich, even with US support they won't be saved as the US isn't going to win directly or close enough to China proper.

The reason China isn't stomping down harder is because they basically want to pacify the populace using subtle methods until they can just walk in.

Arguably, that isn't possible and it's probably semi related to the lack in control of information and ideas. I fully expect this will end in bloodshed as the PLA get called in and then it's a "re-education" program over several decades. That is also once the benefits of having Hong Kong as a financial center are less then Chinese nationalism.

And I'd say nationalism is stronger force then just economics in politics. So...

Hong Kongers calling on "Trump to save them" are foolish and a better option in the long run living there would be emigrating.

Aaaand it may be soon over: Hong Kong protest activists seen meeting with the political chief of the US consulate in HK. They've confirmed that the photo is real. It will be now very difficult to convince people that this isn't a US plot to destabilize China.

I dunno.

If I want to play the dastard bugger somewhere else in Asia where the country is often called that Red Dot, I would say let them fight and we will benefit from the demise of Hong Kong.

Honestly, what is bets for Hong Kong is both sides lose, because money from the West in HK will go elsewhere, like that Red Dot mostly, and the Chinese money will go back to Shanghai, and leave HK with nothing much.

Back
Top Bottom