What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FIC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would you call the current GATE fanfiction scene here?

Aaron Fox

SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
Author
The guy who did "Here We Go Again" Is talking about a full redo but doesn't really say anything about what he wants to fix. But yeah. not much creative discussion there.
Still, if their experience can help me improve my fic, I would be happy... but still, given the environment around the GATE fanfic community...

TheJackinati275

Resident Slinger
Author
I don't think I will be going there, if only because I have a feeling people won't like me making the Saderan's somewhat competent in my Fanfic!

Kamzil118

Author
The guy who did "Here We Go Again" Is talking about a full redo but doesn't really say anything about what he wants to fix. But yeah. not much creative discussion there.
Yeah, I have a feeling I'm not going to be welcomed there if I try to enter that Discord server.

That author specifically has a low opinion of me thanks to several of my deleted fanfics and confusion of one fic with another totally different fic.

derrikjera

This combines with system where it is impossible to actually find good stories because there isn't any real way to distinguish between those and myriads of bad ones without reading through them from start to finish, there is no function that keeps popular / and thus potential good / stories on top of the list.

De3ta

Re: the issues with FFN, I find it's mostly the fact the ui is still stuck in the goddamb 90s. FFN Is clunky to use and hard to look at. AO3 is a significant improvement in comparison

Honestly I'd say I prefer AO3 to reading fic on SB/SV because the experiance of reading them on a fourm is just kind of unpleasant. Not to mention that with AO3/FFN the default is recently updated while fourm Threads are based on which got any kinda reply.

Horton

Cat
Administrator
Re: the issues with FFN, I find it's mostly the fact the ui is still stuck in the goddamb 90s. FFN Is clunky to use and hard to look at. AO3 is a significant improvement in comparison

Honestly I'd say I prefer AO3 to reading fic on SB/SV because the experiance of reading them on a fourm is just kind of unpleasant. Not to mention that with AO3/FFN the default is recently updated while fourm Threads are based on which got any kinda reply.
Now have idea for plugin. O:

Though would be lot of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)