What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I saw reports that the reason this got delayed was because they shot a terrible ending where Indy goes back in time and both he and his younger self die, so the new female lead would pick up the hat and whip and basically do all the Indy adventures herself, and understandably testing audiences absolutely hated it.

So while keeping that in mind, this still looks pretty good and Ford still selling it at 80 years.

I want to say this has to be better than the last time they made an Indian Jones movie. But then I remember the Star Wars sequels and the Terminator, and Aliens and Star Trek and Blues Brothers and and and...
So if this thing ends up being watchable I will be a cinematic masterpiece. or called one anyway.

Did they just imitated the Millenium Falcon going into lightspeed shot at 1:08? Nice.

Did they just imitated the Millenium Falcon going into lightspeed shot at 1:08? Nice.
And that makes me worried.
It clearly trying to be a Heinkel He-111 flying through clouds.
I bet the creative process behind that is that they wanted to imitate a Millenium Falcon flying at lightspeed.
So the writers had to figure out a reason why Indiana Jones would need to fly a plane through clouds.
This is form follows function! Not the other way around!

Its like the movie making process is a storyboard for the trailer, not the movie, comes first and then they try to connect the cool schenes with a movie between them.

I will personally wait until I see it myself. Unpopular opinion but the last Indiana Jones is pretty good IMO.

I am trying to remember if was there ever a movie with 5 after the title that was actually good. No Empire Strike back doesn't count attack of the clones was the fifth one.
Maybe some horror movie I have not seen would count.

There was a Simpson joke. Death Wish 5. It showed a cartoon of Charles Bronson on a hospital bed, he said "I wish I was dead" they had a similar joke about Star Trek VIII. Besically making a jab at the cast being too old and too fat.
I have to agree. TIme and time again veteran actors are being pushed to play roles written for a 30-year-old. I think the number of times it was a success can be counted on one hand.

So anybody seen it ? Is this Temple of Doom bad or Crystal Skulls bad ? I'm planning on going either to this or Mission impossible. And i'm not really a fan of MI movies.

So anybody seen it ? Is this Temple of Doom bad or Crystal Skulls bad ? I'm planning on going either to this or Mission impossible. And i'm not really a fan of MI movies.
It is neither. It just is. It is a very pointless movie that does basically nothing entertaining outside of few bits and pieces. And as usual with modern movies it is way too long for its own good.

MI it is then.

It is neither. It just is. It is a very pointless movie that does basically nothing entertaining outside of few bits and pieces. And as usual with modern movies it is way too long for its own good.
Anyway, ended up seeing Indiana Jones 5 anyway. Girlfriend decided to tag along with another other couple. So, no choice.

Yeah, pointless is very spot on. The action pieces however do suffer from the same problem as indian jones 4. CGI'd and meh looking. And are flat out boring and even fall into dumb category.

Also, whats with shoehorning people of color in every good damn movie especially in positions of employment or power in imelines which they historically wouldn't be in for. In this case a black CIA chick ..on top of that, dressed as a 60's blaxploitation movie character, gaint microphone Afro included. Oh, yeah. Lets make her personality a complete and fucking cliche too.

Also, most if not all of the cast either just came for the paycheck or are flat out terrible. Script probably didn't help here.

Welcome to one (of many) problems of Hollyweird - forced diversity.

Welcome to one (of many) problems of Hollyweird - forced diversity.

There is no problem with it Depending on the settings and era. And also if they actually written with some thought put in them. Not like in Indy 5..

Also, another thing. Indiana Jones 5 was blend. Just utterly blend, something that most movies are really this days especially.

Forced is when, like in The Witcher and Rings of Power, they include people of races that don't have any justification to be present in the set, because of quotas/diversity.
Today every HW film is like downtown LA, they think the rest of the world is/always has been like that.
Like black/Asiatic Vikings FFS.

Forced is when, like in The Witcher and Rings of Power, they include people of races that don't have any justification to be present in the set, because of quotas/diversity.
Today every HW film is like downtown LA, they think the rest of the world is/always has been like that.
Like black/Asiatic Vikings FFS.
Viking technically means seafaring pirates and tradesmen. It is less an ethnicity and more a profession.
I don't know why you demand that a work of fantasy has the same migratory patterns of homo sapiens as Earth does.
Sea raiding was done everywhere on the planet. It is just that the Nordic tribes were most known for it.

Oh right, by your logic the next Viking saga can be with blond bimbos, and so on.
If you go by fantasy, everything not called a documentary is fair game.
Oh, wait... I remember one 'documentary' by Jada Smith. So, anything these days is fair game.

Back
Top Bottom