What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iranina Hostage rescue~~what-if?

Senmut

Author
Okay, it is April 1980, and the attempt to rescue the American hostages held by Iran is in full swing. Now, instead of the history we know, the plan succeeds brilliantly. The hostages are snatched from under the Ayatollah's nose, and brought home. In this event, how goes the 1980 Presidential election, and subsequent U.S. history?
Anyone?

I doubt not rescuing the hostages had that big of an effect.
If it worked Carter would have a feather in his cap but other than that the man to put it simply, was nothing to write home about.

He was a so-so politician at best, the only reason why he won the presidency from Ford, is because no one voted for Ford(a tired joke I know).

Reagan would win, I think.

Either way, Reagan would win the presidency next time around. Walter Mondale had no chance of winning.

Much of what has been said about Ford is popular history.

Okay, it is April 1980, and the attempt to rescue the American hostages held by Iran is in full swing. Now, instead of the history we know, the plan succeeds brilliantly. The hostages are snatched from under the Ayatollah's nose, and brought home. In this event, how goes the 1980 Presidential election, and subsequent U.S. history?
Anyone?
How?

For the sake of the scenario, it does go off. The whole point is, how might US political history have gone, in that event.

only the A team could pull it off the plan was extremely "Brave"
The Shooting bit was easy delta could do it the rest was bonkers.
fly in mine sweeping helicopters across a desert and into the centre of tehran then rely on a vtol C130 with enough JATOS to reach the moon to get out of tehran.

steve jackson games ( those dangerous anarchists who the secret service were after) Had an alternative plan Seize the Ayatollah as a bargining chip.!

only the A team could pull it off the plan was extremely "Brave"
The Shooting bit was easy delta could do it the rest was bonkers.
fly in mine sweeping helicopters across a desert and into the centre of tehran then rely on a vtol C130 with enough JATOS to reach the moon to get out of tehran.

steve jackson games ( those dangerous anarchists who the secret service were after) Had an alternative plan Seize the Ayatollah as a bargining chip.!
So, you love it when a plan comes together.

Back
Top Bottom