What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran's General Soleimani killed in airstrike at Baghdad airport

To be slightly fair to Fox, here's a take:

Sometimes I wonder how Tucker even has a job at Fox. Though he seems to ignore the potential implication to international relations generally (not just in ME), etc., he's still right to call BS on this.

I am actually amazed that Carlson -- who praises Bernie Sanders and violently opposed intervention in Venezuela and Iran, and wants the US out of Iraq ASAP, oh and also rails against big business -- has a show on Fox, or anywhere. Yesterday he called the media "the handmaidens of the ruling class," like some crusty Marxist. He must have some serious protection.

Or, it was explained to me, he appeals to alienated, mostly young, conservatives (probably the military too) who voted for Trump because of his anti-interventionist and anti-establishment promises. The antiwar.com set, if you know what I mean. So he gets Fox that demographic.

Personally, I love watching him. He's such a breath of fresh air.

I am actually amazed that Carlson -- who praises Bernie Sanders and violently opposed intervention in Venezuela and Iran, and wants the US out of Iraq ASAP, oh and also rails against big business -- has a show on Fox, or anywhere. Yesterday he called the media "the handmaidens of the ruling class," like some crusty Marxist. He must have some serious protection.

Or, it was explained to me, he appeals to alienated, mostly young, conservatives (probably the military too) who voted for Trump because of his anti-interventionist and anti-establishment promises. The antiwar.com set, if you know what I mean. So he gets Fox that demographic.

Personally, I love watching him. He's such a breath of fresh air.

It almost seems like there's a re-shuffling of the political landscape where certain elements of the left-right divide are being driven further apart but others are getting closer. Like anti-war progressives and more isolationist conservatives, and the more live and let live, pro-free speech liberals on both sides closer to the center. Re: Tucker Carlson, I haven't watched him but I recall years ago seeing him give Mark Blythe the time of day thinking: "isn't this a Fox News talking head? How come he's letting an Occupier anti-austerity leftist say thing without cutting his mike?" I guess the topic might have been narrow enough for both of them to agree on :p

Tucker Carlson will say anything that is put on a teleprompter. Man used to be one of Trump's cheerleaders.

About the only thing he does well is sounding gullible and in turn sucking in those who are gullible. 😏

Tucker Carlson will say anything that is put on a teleprompter. Man used to be one of Trump's cheerleaders.

If that were true, he would be a Trump cheerleader 100% of the time, like Hannity, no?

It almost seems like there's a re-shuffling of the political landscape where certain elements of the left-right divide are being driven further apart but others are getting closer. Like anti-war progressives and more isolationist conservatives, and the more live and let live, pro-free speech liberals on both sides closer to the center. Re: Tucker Carlson, I haven't watched him but I recall years ago seeing him give Mark Blythe the time of day thinking: "isn't this a Fox News talking head? How come he's letting an Occupier anti-austerity leftist say thing without cutting his mike?" I guess the topic might have been narrow enough for both of them to agree on :p

There's always been a pro-free speech, anti-big business, antiwar right, but they were sidelined (to the point where I bet most American leftists/liberals aren't aware that it exists; I know it because even back in my far left days I was reading antiwar.com, which is a right-wing antiwar group). Now they're being given a voice.

But why are they being given a voice now? I think that the decades-old alliance between social conservatives and big business is breaking down.

Like here, long talk, I don't expect you to watch all of it. He praises Jacobin, though. Which made me laugh (it's a far-left publication).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom