What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Islamist Militants Massacre 71 Soldiers In An Attack On A Remote Military Camp In Niger

Alias

Number of terror attacks in Niger continues to rise in the past year along within nearby Mali and Burkina Faso. Combined with tit for tat massacres by nomadic groups and farming communities in these countries, the next decade for this region will likely be as violent or even more than the last seven years.

This wouldn't have been affected by the whole shitshow in Syria and Kurds would it? I thought a bunch of ISIS jerks had gotten loose.

This wouldn't have been affected by the whole shitshow in Syria and Kurds would it? I thought a bunch of ISIS jerks had gotten loose.
Turkey only invaded Syria again in early October of this year. The rise in violence began before October. I mean sure some ISIS fighters could have made their way to the Sahel region by now but the security situation had been deteriorating for months so no the jailbreak hasn't made the situation in the Sahel worse, well yet and unclear how many have actually arrived recently from Syria. Also it's only getting to get worse with Mali abandoning some of it's bases in the north of the country.

Last edited:
I see so its even more assholes being assholes. Rather than ones that were already caught. Ether way its horrible.

That region has been having issues for years separate from Syria. Any individuals of groups there that declare support for ISIS do so in name only. 99.9999% or whatever would be from that region. You might have a few individuals from Syria or elsewhere in the region, but compared to the number of locals, they would be statistically insignificant.

... we're going to be living in an era where idiots with more ideology than sense and willing to do whatever they feel is necessary are commonplace aren't we?

Fuck, I do not want to be some fucking prophet like the author of Stand on Zanzibar... yet reality is showing that human stupidity outpaces the universe by miles and reality is more than willing to take fiction and use it as a blueprint for reality.

Back
Top Bottom