What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic World Dominion

Alias

I'm curious how stupid the movie will be.

I'm curious how stupid the movie will be.

The helicopter continues to chase the T-Rex, but suddenly a net of steel cables falls upon the helicopter blades. Smoke pours out of the engine ports, and the helicopter crashes. The T-Rex roars, then looks around perplexed as a group of smaller dinosaurs close in around it. It roars again and, surrounded, looks for an escape route. We see the legs of what looks to be a raptor step forward, and it shrieks a command. The other dinosaurs take two steps forward in response. The T-Rex looks panicked. Fade to black.

Fast forward a few months and we see reports of a rag-tag group of dinosaurs committing numerous raids. They take out poacher camps, grab tons of meat from a slaughterhouse, etc. In the captured images, the T-Rex is featured prominently as the heavy of this resistance group. What the news articles do not show is that this ragtag band is lead by none other than the velociraptor called Blue.

Blue has been teaching the other dinosaurs to be smarter, striking back from the shadows. Unfortunately, this backfires as the T-Rex ambushes her during the middle of a raid. Other dinos try to go back, but T-Rex is the new leader of the gang by force of will and force of force. The leave the dead Blue behind.

Bloodied but still alive, Blue staggers away and finds medical supplies. Somehow the velociraptor finds a way to apply bandages and medicine with little dino arms. She sees what damage the T-Rex will cause now that it has added smarts to brute force, a global dominion under the T-Rex's might.

She mulls over the situation while healing, and decides that it is time to put bad blood with humans away. She knows of one human who will help her to save the world from a fascist dinosaur. A guy called Owen.

---

Probably more stupid than this! ^

The helicopter continues to chase the T-Rex, but suddenly a net of steel cables falls upon the helicopter blades. Smoke pours out of the engine ports, and the helicopter crashes. The T-Rex roars, then looks around perplexed as a group of smaller dinosaurs close in around it. It roars again and, surrounded, looks for an escape route. We see the legs of what looks to be a raptor step forward, and it shrieks a command. The other dinosaurs take two steps forward in response. The T-Rex looks panicked. Fade to black.

Fast forward a few months and we see reports of a rag-tag group of dinosaurs committing numerous raids. They take out poacher camps, grab tons of meat from a slaughterhouse, etc. In the captured images, the T-Rex is featured prominently as the heavy of this resistance group. What the news articles do not show is that this ragtag band is lead by none other than the velociraptor called Blue.

Blue has been teaching the other dinosaurs to be smarter, striking back from the shadows. Unfortunately, this backfires as the T-Rex ambushes her during the middle of a raid. Other dinos try to go back, but T-Rex is the new leader of the gang by force of will and force of force. The leave the dead Blue behind.

Bloodied but still alive, Blue staggers away and finds medical supplies. Somehow the velociraptor finds a way to apply bandages and medicine with little dino arms. She sees what damage the T-Rex will cause now that it has added smarts to brute force, a global dominion under the T-Rex's might.

She mulls over the situation while healing, and decides that it is time to put bad blood with humans away. She knows of one human who will help her to save the world from a fascist dinosaur. A guy called Owen.

---

Probably more stupid than this! ^

Did you just lift and modify the plot from the Planet of the Ape reboot?

Did you just lift and modify the plot from the Planet of the Ape reboot?
I don't know. Those movies made a lot of money, but they were boring and so fucking forgettable that I can't remember what the sequel movies were about (first movie was more memorable, with scientist guy wanting to cure dad's bad brain by making smart juice and resulting in apes becoming smart). I just wrote what I considered a stupid sequel.

I don't know. Those movies made a lot of money, but they were boring and so fucking forgettable that I can't remember what the sequel movies were about (first movie was more memorable, with scientist guy wanting to cure dad's bad brain by making smart juice and resulting in apes becoming smart). I just wrote what I considered a stupid sequel.

Huh, fair point. Maybe we should write our own movies. I'd pay to see the adventures of communist bear, girl bait doggo and their dashingly cute dugong leader in theatres.

I'm not sure there were meant to be mosquitoes in the dino era.

Also, anyone else bothered that most of the iconic dinosaurs from the movies are not actually Jurassic at all?

Tricerotops, the Raptors, the T.rex... does Cretaceous Park not sound as cool?

I'm not sure there were meant to be mosquitoes in the dino era.

Also, anyone else bothered that most of the iconic dinosaurs from the movies are not actually Jurassic at all?

Tricerotops, the Raptors, the T.rex... does Cretaceous Park not sound as cool?
OK, so you are finally caught up on what we were saying... 28... years ago.

Bravo.

I am incapable of watching that without going 'Why the fuck has no one shot these things already?', like they're not even in the wild, the ones roaming the cities would been reduced to hamburger meat inmediatly, figuratively and literally.

I am incapable of watching that without going 'Why the fuck has no one shot these things already?', like they're not even in the wild, the ones roaming the cities would been reduced to hamburger meat inmediatly, figuratively and literally.

Not seen all the movies, but in the original book, it was mentioned that "just shoot them" did not work too well, as they could absorb a lot of damage without immediately falling down. To kill Raptors, Muldoon recommended the use of a rocket launcher.

Last edited:
The author should have just check hunters for alligators then. Pistol rounds are .357 and .44Magnums and shot placement.

For rifle rounds go 30.06 or bigger and again, shot placement.

The author should have just check hunters for alligators then. Pistol rounds are .357 and .44Magnums and shot placement.

For rifle rounds go 30.06 or bigger and again, shot placement.

Works for an animal people have lots of experience hunting. Given Hammond's "oh no no, no one must shoot our dinosaurs" mindset, Muldoon never had much chance to find their weak spots.

hu3yif03ugveNwIf1tbSM3PK2e07be5pZB42s5w09NU.jpg

My movie plot still looks better.

I will call mine the Cretaceous Adventure Reservation. Come visit us in our online gift shop, and book your dino-expedition today!

Apparently the 'extinction' lines are referring to Biosyn creating a genetically engineered locust plague to eat everything but Biosyn-created foodstocks, but as usual they fuck up.

I can imagine them at the end going 'Hey most of humanity has/will die from famine but it's cool, the dinos will simply take our place.' like the Apes trilogy.

Back
Top Bottom