What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last movie you watched.

Senmut

Author
MIne was The Enforcer, 1950. With Humphrey Bogart.

Marek_Gutkowski

Author
Thor: Love and Thunder, 2022. With Natalie Portman and Christian Bale.

a forgettable movie. I actually wanted to say, Topgun II but I did watch something after it.

Senmut

Author
Why forgettable?

Marek_Gutkowski

Author
Why forgettable?
donno, I forgot I saw it.

I did see LA Confidential 1997 last night. With Danny Devito, Kevin Spacey, Guy Pearce, Russel Crow, and Kim Basinger.
Quite a starcrossed production.
That is a fun movie. It wasn't the first time I have seen it. Still an interesting late-night TV offering. The commercial breaks made it into a 3-hour viewing and I still watched it from beginning to the end.

Senmut

Author
1984, which was Richard Burton's last film. Prophetic, but depressing.

Marek_Gutkowski

Author
Again something I re-watched on late-night TV.

Seksmisja (1983)
Directed by Juliusz Machulski, Staring Jerzy Stuhr.

The only good Sci-Fi movie ever made in Poland*. It has a cult following.

The year is 2044 and after WWIII, only women living in underground bunkers have survived.
Two men who in 1991 have undertaken a hibernation experiment are dug up by archeologists.
It is a lighthearted comedy about the end of the world.
It takes on some heavy themes and still got past the censorship.

*Yes it is, fight me!

Marek_Gutkowski

Author
I just now watched "Shadow in the Cloud"
a 2020 movie about a woman manning the ball turret of a B-17 bomber.

The movie was weird.

I picked the movie out because thriller/suspense drama inside a ball turret sounds like something I would enjoy.

Also...
How in the name of Allah can you mess up aerial photography?!?
There are 3 dimensions, constant movement, clearly defied rules, and the shit looks gorgeous without trying to be.
There were air combat scenes in this. They sucked!!!eleven!!one!
Turns out an Aichi E13A can exceed its top speed in a vertical climb.

And no one can tell me that making interesting air-combat footage is hard, or expensive. You can take the late 1990s or an early 2000s video game and make it there.
I would not mind, and you would get a better scene than the shit the movie served.

Then again this movie had some good bits. So I guess I enjoyed about 20 minutes out of the 1 hour 23 minutes 22 seconds run time.

Top Bottom