What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Make an Imperial Guard Regiment

Some musings

You're transports mean weight is less of a concern and you have superior mobility.

Skirmisher Training allows you leverage your fast transport capabilites to a great extent.

Being sharpshooters you have a large advantage at range especially against the likes of Tyranids and Orks.

My conclusion would be our regiment would engage in offensive ambushe like strikes on the more vulnerable edges of enemy territory. Drive to within optimal fire range without the enemy noticing, engage a suprise alpha strike against out opponent. If that isn't even to finish them they're going to half to move through our kill zone to engage us, once their distance becomes uncomfortably close we quickly pack up and flee, either getting away to a base camp for another op, or if pursued we fall back on another prepared ambush site and make them charge through another kill zone. Repeat till they give up or are killed completely.

[x]Heavy Bolter.
[x]Sniper Rifle.

"Of course I'd choose a sniper rifle. Nothing beats like sitting pretty while you shoot someone trying to kill you from a better vantage point."

[X] Mortar

[X] Heavy Bolter

My thought process here is that we can set up the mortar teams a decent ways away from any given battle while we get closer to the enemy.

Sharpshooters take out any nobs or synapse tyranids, followed by several mortar strikes to sow confusion. The transports drive up, their mounted weapons pinning down the enemies and the mortar strikes pounding them.

While that's happening the men can get out and set up the heavy bolters, which shouldn't take to long. Mortar strikes will continue to break up enemy formations while the bolters and concentrated lasgun fire mow down anything in the way. Continue until either breakthrough is achieved or heavy resistance met. This should also give us some staying power if we need to hold onto a position until reinforcements arrive.

If we encounter heavy resistance, this build should also allow us to quickly pack up while the mortars cover the retreat.

It does sacrifice the longlas though, which gives away some of the range advantage. But I figure the sharpshooter thing we took earlier should mitigate that somewhat.

We will have an option to aquire addtion equipment in the following step, and can call on other regiments for support if nessissery.

Here we are deciding our signature tools of the trade.

Combat shotgun
Lascannon
Switch my vote to sniper.

[X] Mortar

[X] Heavy Bolter

Mortar
Hot-shot lasgun

[x]Heavy Bolter.
[x]Sniper Rifle.

"Of course I'd choose a sniper rifle. Nothing beats like sitting pretty while you shoot someone trying to kill you from a better vantage point."

[X] Mortar

[X] Heavy Bolter

My thought process here is that we can set up the mortar teams a decent ways away from any given battle while we get closer to the enemy.

Sharpshooters take out any nobs or synapse tyranids, followed by several mortar strikes to sow confusion. The transports drive up, their mounted weapons pinning down the enemies and the mortar strikes pounding them.

While that's happening the men can get out and set up the heavy bolters, which shouldn't take to long. Mortar strikes will continue to break up enemy formations while the bolters and concentrated lasgun fire mow down anything in the way. Continue until either breakthrough is achieved or heavy resistance met. This should also give us some staying power if we need to hold onto a position until reinforcements arrive.

If we encounter heavy resistance, this build should also allow us to quickly pack up while the mortars cover the retreat.

It does sacrifice the longlas though, which gives away some of the range advantage. But I figure the sharpshooter thing we took earlier should mitigate that somewhat.

First Signature Weapon
Sniper rifle votes 2
Motor Votes 2
Hot-shot lasgun votes 1

@Virian please recast your vote for either Sniper rifles or Motors to break the tie.

Second Heavy Signature Weapon
Lascannon votes 1
Heavy bolter votes 3
Motor votes 1

Heavy Bolter Votes Win.

Its settled then, I'll start working on the second to last step you guys.

Step Eleven: Additional Standard Kit Items

1. Substantially Improve the Quality of an Item in the Standard Kit.
  2. Massively Improve the Quality of an Item in the Standard Kit.
  3. Add an additional Knife.*
  4. Add a Laspistol and 2 charge packs as a sidearm
  5. Add an Autopistol and two magazines as a sidearm.
  6. Add a Stub Automatic as and two magazines as a sidearm.
  7. Add a Stub Revolver and 12 bullets as a sidearm.
  8. Add an additional Frag Grenade to standard kit.
  9. Add an additional Krak Grenade to standard kit.
  10. Add an additional Smoke Grenade to standard kit.
  11. Add a Chrono (Gadget Watch) to standard kit.
  12. Add Web gear to standard kit.
  13. Add an additional Uniform for field use to standard kits.
  14. Add an additional Uniform for dress use to standard kit.
  15. Add Filtration plugs (gas mask nose plugs) to standard kit.
  16. Add the Munitorum Manual to standard kit.
  17. Add a photo visor (night vision goggles) or set of photo-contacts to standard kit.
  18. Add Preysense Goggles to standard kit.
  19. Add a respirator or gas mask to standard kit
  20. Add a survival suit to standard kit
  21. Add 1 dose of de-tox and an injector to standard kit
  22. Add a single advanced medkit to the squad as standard kit.
  23. Two Weeks worth of additional Ration packs to standard kit.
  24. Add 1 dose of stimm and an injector to standard kit.
  25. Add an grapnel to standard kit.
  26. Add an Magnoculars to standard kit.
  27. Add a Micro-bead to standard kit.
  28. Add a Pict recorder to standard kit.
  29. Add six screamers to the squad as standard kit.
  30. Add a single stummer to standard kit.
  31. Add a targeter to standard kit.
  32. Add a single Stummer to standard kit.
Other times may be added at my discretion, feel free to bargain for anything from rawhide helmets to power fists, do some research, feel free to ask for an item to fulfill a role, I'll find it what you'd want to ask for.

Motors -.-
Can we have a special abilty called " MLG GIT GUD SCRUB"?
Switched my vote to Mortar.
[X] Mortar

[X] Heavy Bolter

"We have a chance to like supplement our machines with subtlety that may be needed from peoples that travel in deadly transport machines. It may not quite match with what we've selected so far yet I feel like it supplements a much needed area of the 'arts of war' that we need to survive." She says.

Massively Improve the Quality of an Item in the Standard Kit. Armor.
This option is a qualitative improvement within the same class of item. Our regiment's flak armor would still be flak armor, but far lighter and a bit more protective. I'd say it moves from keeping you safe from a couple hits from a lasgun and maybe saving your life from a bolter hit/hellgun burst, to keeping you safe from several las gun hits and definitely saving your life from that bolter/hellgun if you can get medical attention.

You might be better served getting light Carapace suits for the regiment, they're heavier then flak, but you have ACPs for a reason.

Guys after a nice hiatus I'm resuming work tomorrow. It would be nice if we could finish this up soon. I'm going to have less time avaliable and have other projects in the works, including a space marine chapter and a sub-sector where this is all set.

Back
Top Bottom