What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's share funny parent stories

Mark Poe

The majestic cock
Writing Champ
Figures we should have a thread talking about some of the funny/stupid things your parents did, or you did as a parent (I know some of you guys are at that point of your lives).

So to start off with a couple of stories from my family.

When I was 10, my mom dropped me off at the movie theater for a movie so I could be out of the way for a couple of hours while so gets some important work done (she was getting her PhD at the time so completely understandable). She figured that I would enjoy this what she read (there's still a bit of a language barrier) was supposed to be a family friendly movie.

The movie in question? Team America.

Needless to say I was a bit scarred afterwards, and mom vowed that that won't happen again. Lesson learned.

Fast forward about 14 years, now my brother was around 11-12 and his friend (same age) invited him to see this movie, and since his friend's dad will be accompany them mom thought it was a safe bet.

The movie? Infinity Wars.

When mom went to pick them up both kids were crying, about how all the people are dead.

Just the worst luck it seems.

-----------

Next story is much shorter.

Dad's a chef, specifically a sushi chef. One time he decided to make some sushi... which involved one of those little flame throwers. It was in a small apartment, and I immediately warned him that he might set off the fire alarm.

He brushed me off, boasting about "Now watch how the expert cook."

30 seconds later the smoke detector begins blaring. He ignores it and ask me to find some plastic bags to cover it up or something. I just facepalmed.

In the end he figured out that just opening a window and having me fan the smoke out does the trick.

----------------------

My parents got themselves in the leg with an axe whilst cutting down a tree in the back yard.

On Consecutive days.

First my dad does it, and he's a big guy (Police officer) so the Paramedics (both young women) can't lift him into the ambulance and he has to hoist himself up into the vehicle.

Then the next day my mum does the EXACT SAME THING. She almost faints but luckily the paramedics get there quickly and all is well.

This all started mind, because when the old axe broke my parents brought a new one that was slightly shorter, leading to the above mentioned cavalcade of screwups.

Alright so one day a few years back (I think it took place roughly in the span of 2014 - 2016), we were driving up to Lahina and Mom kept saying she saw this big cruise ship. Even when looking where she told us to, our brother and I were confused. We actually thought she was going insane until we saw the boat ourselves.

My dad thought he could be a successful beekeeper... when there are many things fucking up bees right now such as parasites and pollution.
Also I'm allergic.

So it appears that almost my entire family are ditz when it comes to finances.

Oh, it's never to the point where money is actually short, just no one really pays much attention to how much money's in the various bank accounts or even who's account was it (there's a bunch of joint accounts, so hard to tell at times)...

(context: this is paying back for when dad accidentally withdrew money from my mom & I's joint account, which I never bothered to get an independent account of my own because I'm lazy)

... yep, oops, accidentally withdrew $300 from the wrong account. Funny thing was that I didn't even notice for months that someone did.

Back
Top Bottom