What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

In case you're wondering, the name of the store of Tous Les Jours, probably the best chain bakery you can find here in Asia (and possibly the US), they offer some of the best french pastries with a Korean twist, in case you were to ever visit South Korea or any place in SE Asia, and you want some good bread? I highly recommend Tous Les Jours.
Did they go international? Huh.

A Lesser Goldfinch slammed into one of our windows today. Got my gloves out the shed (I didn't want to touch it barehanded out of concern for disease) and checked to see if it was still alive. Tossed it out where we dump the house's food scraps after confirming it was dead. I'm glad I didn't have to mercy kill an injured bird today.

Are you going to keep updating your Star Wars fan fic?
Meh I still tweak it here and there, frankly it kind of depresses me how no one reads fanfics on this site, which is one of the only reasons why I made a profile on the sietch and qq. Utterly shit outlines on ah and sb get way more reads than even the best stuff here, I'd be better off with just dumping most of it on fanfiction.net or another such site and moving on. (My first draft was undeniably bad but at least it had a bit of show vs tell narratives, and it easily got 50 times the attention the new stuff gets now)

I'll go check now if I posted the latest chapters here, like I said before, there's a two chapter arc I've got to write that leads into stuff from the old draft, followed a big conflict, a twist and the slightly rushed ending of the principle conflict. The sequel series probably won't ever be gotten to if I'm being honest besides little writing exercises. The goal is to be done before episode 9 because once again I've somehow predicted the future trilogy's trajectory, which kind of throws off my goal of finishing right before the last clone wars season, which I also thought they'd never do.

I also got homework, 1000 word vaguely assigned essays aren't going to write themselves.

Yo @Warringer or any other German posters in this board.

This is a thing?

Please, please, I NEED to know the translation, this looks very funny even for a non german speaking person. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

This is a scam, right? I mean, it has to be a scam. It's a two thousand dollar tool set for eighty-three dollars. With free shipping. From a pretty bare website that sells dresses. You order it, and you get nothing but the theft of your credit card information.

And yet there's this tiny nagging little voice at the back of my head saying 'Maybe it's just some weird screwup and if you order it you'll get the deal of a lifetime'.

Finally visited the Eden Project today, I've always wanted to go there since I visited the Welsh Botanical Garden as a kid.

Figured if I'm based here, might as well make the most of it while I can.

Edit: I also spotted my first group of furries in the wild, fursuit included. Pretty good day all and all.

Last edited:
Was in Latin class at my university. We were going over various words, everyone had to pronounce one.
When it was my turn the word was "cum" I of course accidentally pronounced it the English way in front of the whole class.
Had to desperately try to not laugh out loud for several minutes.
I think several other of my classmates were also suppressing snickers.

Just read an article that had me, after more time I can remember, want to start jumping around and break stuff while screaming.

Global shipping companies have spent billions rigging vessels with "cheat devices" that circumvent new environmental legislation by dumping pollution into the sea instead of the air, The Independent can reveal.

More than $12bn (£9.7bn) has been spent on the devices, known as open-loop scrubbers, which extract sulphur from the exhaust fumes of ships that run on heavy fuel oil.

This means the vessels meet standards demanded by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) that kick in on 1 January.

However, the sulphur emitted by the ships is simply re-routed from the exhaust and expelled into the water around the ships, which not only greatly increases the volume of pollutants being pumped into the sea, but also increases carbon dioxide emissions.

The change could have a devastating effect on wildlife in British waters and around the world, experts have warned.

FUCKING ASSHOLES!

Hope they are the first to get all the fucking cancer when this shit trickles down to their taps and fancy eateries.

So the internet company guy showed up to connect the wifi, lol sorry man we messed up the address again!, what can you do here a paper take it to your local shop to make another petition!

So still without wifi or phone for a month and a half and twice sending the correct address because the employees are clearly half wit morons.

Oh and my tablet is in the fritz. Endless logo loop, major damage says the tech. Will reflash and we will see.

Yea tommorow I am going to the local shop and may shove the petition up the idiots ass handling my internet access.

Planning on watching at least one horror movie per day for the month of October. Yesterday was Stephen King's IT (1990 version). Currently watching Sometimes They Come Back.

Planning on watching at least one horror movie per day for the month of October. Yesterday was Stephen King's IT (1990 version). Currently watching Sometimes They Come Back.

Sometimes They Come Back - is that the one with the three kids who came back to haunt/torture their old bully victim or something? (I think I saw this on TV in 1999) so my memory's kinda spotty.

Sometimes They Come Back - is that the one with the three kids who came back to haunt/torture their old bully victim or something? (I think I saw this on TV in 1999) so my memory's kinda spotty.
Yeah, the original film was released in 1991 and there were also two sequels made, Sometimes They Come Back... Again (1996) and Sometimes They Come Back... For More (1998).

"President Park was impeached because of misogyny in Korean society. She is innocent!" and the related "Liberals are misogynistic because they voted for the impeachment!"

Distributed by the Korean right-wing propaganda, and seriously held as the truth by a sizable number of self-proclaimed Feminists in Korea.

Frankly, this place is the only place I could vent my thoughts on politics, both Korean and international, without penalties. If I wrote my honest view on Korean Feminism*, Japan**, or even the above post on SV, for example (not that they even have a thread for things like this), I would probably be labeled as a misogynist/extremist and going to have difficulties in further activities in that forum.

*My thoughts on them? "Yeah sure, the misogynistic RadFem is an aberration and don't represent the views of Korean Feminists... Just like how Trump is an aberration of US right-wing politics and doesn't represent the views of the Republican party. If you are in bed with them, you are in bed with them."
**See this.

Last edited:
I uh im gonna be gone for a few weeks.

My aunt on my dads side died I uh just wanted to let y'all know why im gonna be off for awhile.

I'll uh be off for awhile.

Take care, @CrimsonVizier and my condolences to you and your aunt's family.

Im gonna use my last post for awhile to say that its going to be very very hard my aunt was basically like my mom. And I honestly treated her like one.

I dont think I can even begin to actually describe how important she was for me. It is going to be trying.

Back
Top Bottom