What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Welp, I never thought I would say this... but I've opened up my laptop to crack on with some more stuff related to my story and yet... I don't know what else to do with it. Inspiration isn't a problem, it's more like... what else should I be tweaking or editing? As far as I can tell... yeah... my book feels complete.

I already have a list of agents at the ready, so in theory I could send the story out now and if it's successful, I can hopefully work closely with the editors who will probably end up looking at it. However, I'm still uncertain about sending the story out until I've got some feedback in the form of beta readers beyond any particular familar member. The thing is there, I still don't know who else to trust beyond that save for dropping off little samples in places. The responses to those samples have mostly been positive, and an experimental showing in the past was also very positive... but I'm still nervous, as the last thing I want is, as stated before, for the entire story and setting to crash and burn.

Gonna have to make the choice sooner or later to rely on family and agents, or find other beta readers.

You need a somewhat neutral observer then, as in someone who will read it for you who has no prior connection or feelings of friendship to you. That should work, I think.

That's the thing though, I don't know who to trust as a neutral observer.

I can read it for you, I cannot say that I'm a completely neutral observer, but I don't really have a strong connection with the furry fandom, it will take a while for me to finish reading a 200K+ word story though.

Ugh. Chicken in the fridge smelling funky from insufficient cold hours. Going to try and deep fry it before it spoils.

Raining too heavily to get any charge from solar panels. Going to have to run the generator for longer to charge the batteries, but down to my last six liter jug of gas.

It has now been officially one month of no power since the supertyphoon.

Since I have to stay around for longer anyway, might as well post some more of the pics I had forgotten to share - if that's ok.

IMG_20201109_154417_DRO.jpg

Let's take a look from the bridge.

That, by the way, is why the Philippines should not buy any MBTs. It is not tank country. Most bridges are only rated to 10 to 15 tons.

Of course, in some weird ISOT situation in which the Philippines is transported to WW2 and have to fight Imperial Japan with their 2010s+ technology -

The Philippines would still lose.

Japan's shitty tanks, some of the worst tanks in WW2, are actually light enough to cross bridges.

Granted, some of the Philippines' IFVs with 30mm guns would penetrate most of them just fine, but
a) most of them are in Manila
b) there's only so few of them.

IMG_20201109_154545_DRO.jpg

Facing due north, this is the right side of the bridge.

Again, rocky deltas that seem like the river would dry up any moment, but that is a three meter storm surge wall and the river overflowed anyway.

IMG_20201109_154436_DRO.jpg

Tthis is the view from the left side of the bridge.

Let's take a walk now towards that collapsed section.

IMG_20201109_155045_DRO.jpg

Note to self: just because a dike is convenient to have as a back wall doesn't make it good to build on it.

From what I can see of those features of the collapsed building, that seems to be a backyard piggery however. We used to have one of those too, when my grandfather was still alive.

Wonder what happened to the pigs. Probably washed away by the storm unless the people were willing to bring them inside their house.

IMG_20201109_155720_DRO.jpg

Following the road, we see another collapsed section of the river wall, this time taking the road with it.

That flat concrete slab in the middle of the screen is actually on the riverbed, and there's a dog chained down over it.

IMG_20201109_155803_DRO.jpg

Further on, we reach the S-bend just barely visible from the bridge. The terrain has been reshaped.

IMG_20201109_155826_DRO.jpg

Those are road slabs. What happened to the dike sections?

It's like they were erased.

IMG_20201109_155856_DRO.jpg

Those are some really shitty foundation work, mang. But what do you expect from 70s political kickbacks.

The concrete slabs anchored against the dike seemed solid enough even if just laid over mere dirt, it survived for decades.

IMG_20201109_155913_DRO.jpg

This section of the dike remained standing, but the overflowing river waters were still enough to erode the foundation.

IMG_20201109_155924_DRO.jpg

Moving on, we come to an elementary school.

As you can see from the foot bridge, the dikes are identical heights on both sides. Why did this side collapse while the other remained intact?

It's probably the road. The other side had housing running against the wall. Deeper waters, but the many retaining walls mean that the flood just had to sit there and drain out in the roads out the other side of the bridge.

IMG_20201109_155939_DRO.jpg

Here with a road wide enough for vehicles, the waters could just flow and flow and flow until the concrete gave way.

IMG_20201109_155950_DRO.jpg

The kids seem pretty happy with almost a full year without classes.

(more)

Went out to help with giving out private donation relief goods.

And by help, meaning to stand around only taking photos for documentation.

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

It started raining halfway through.

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

Neighborhood watch people were being helpful.

And I was thinking, hey, we really shouldn't judge by appearances. Just because someone looks like a thug doesn't mean they are a thug.

IMG_4248.JPG

Then when the giving away of relief goods was over, I saw this guy just pick up and nonchalantly try to walk off with a pair of pillows. They were guaranteed a sizable bag of relief goods anyway. Why give up rice, canned goods, etc. in envy from only the listed most damaged households being given pillows?

What, just because you kept public order means we're not going to forget how you wanted to steal shit and go away and come back to be paid like we didn't see anything?

(We scolded him and gave him the relief goods anyway though.)

IMG_4249.JPG

I didn't get paid for this since the donation drive was being organized by relatives and got a slightly better box of goodies.

Still no power. No internet. But eh.

Last edited:
I HAVE THE POWEEERRR!!!

Still no internet though, but hey.

Once again:

Hopefully this will stick this time since I saw them uproot and replace power poles.

I want to start animu shipgirl or FGO games but the bloody emulator and games instalations seem such a drag. x.x

*LAzy is lazy is lazy*

Whatever you do, don't spend money on gacha games like Genshin Impact or FGO. If you do want/have to spend money, make sure that the money you do spend, you can afford.

Sorry mate, not assuming anything but just have to put that disclaimer out there. I should know, I almost fell into temptation myself with Genshin Impact.
I'll be honest: I love Genshin Impact.

But fuck, that game is almost criminal with some of the shit it pulls. 😬

Anyways, going to start spending less time reading and more time writing my web novel and labor history book. Or maybe a bit of both for the history book? I'll probably have to do a lot of research for that one, no doubt, and I've already ordered some books regarding labor disputes and what not. Eh, we'll see how it goes. It's not even a guarantee that the project will ever be published since I'm still early into it (outlining and writing the first draft here).

Oh, what's that? I'm not familiar with that game.
It's a great game. I consider it to be better than Breath of the Wild for what it is.

But it's business practices are absolute shit.

Anyways, you can play the game now for free.

...Please play it only for free. Thank you. 😅

And what are those?
Their side DLC costs dozens, sometimes hundreds, of dollars and people fucking buy it and get addicted. Keep in mind that they lock content unless you do certain things in the game. So the game is technically free, but people fucking get hooked. I don't like, but eh, they're not the only Moba or mobile company to do this (they started out as a mobile game company).

Anyways, if you want, I can give you the rundown of what the game is, but I assumed that you researched by this point as I was busy for the past few hours (unless you couldn't be arsed to do so 😅)

It's a gacha game. I dunno about you but I played as a f2p (free to play) player. Right now, I did everything in the game free. Is it difficult? Yes, harder to progress than the whalers (the pay to win gamers) does but I never had anything blocked from me simply because I didn't pay Mihoyo any amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom