What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Just avoided a metaphorical minefield with daddy dearest; he'd been looking at paid articles about Bitcoin loophole and was thinking of investing. Holy crap I'm still shuddering thinking about it.

My PC has been out of commission since Friday due to a CPU cooler failure. Apparently the model I was using (Enermax LIQTECH TR4 360mm AIO) had a design flaw causing corrosion to clog the lines and/or water pump. I'm surprised mine seemed to have lasted a bit over a year as most of the reviews mentioning this issue had failures in 3-6 months.

My new AiO I just installed is a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm.

My PC has been out of commission since Friday due to a CPU cooler failure. Apparently the model I was using (Enermax LIQTECH TR4 360mm AIO) had a design flaw causing corrosion to clog the lines and/or water pump. I'm surprised mine seemed to have lasted a bit over a year as most of the reviews mentioning this issue had failures in 3-6 months.

My new AiO I just installed is a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm.
Did you send your cat in the coolant pool to re-open the valves before your CPU would melt down entirely?

Looking to buy a gaming laptop. Still didn't decide which one I want, but it needs to be a laptop, I need that mobile computer option for a reason ...

Any suggestions?

Looking to buy a gaming laptop. Still didn't decide which one I want, but it needs to be a laptop, I need that mobile computer option for a reason ...

Any suggestions?

I use an Asus that has lasted pretty well for three or four years now. Look at their Republic of Gamers line.

I use an Asus that has lasted pretty well for three or four years now. Look at their Republic of Gamers line.
I looked around local stores (but not internet just yet) and best one (locally available) seems to be Acer Predator Helios 300 - I asked for 17,3'' version instead of smaller one - roughly 1630 EUR (in store I personally went in), this is 200 EUR more than I originally planned to spend.

Went to a book sale and apparently I went mad, if the glare my mum aimed at me was any indication (it's just 15 measly books, well 14 books and one complete set of 7 books). Worth it, since each book was sold at 75% discount and I got another 10 ringgit off my total purchase (about $2.32 or €2.13).

20 years ago today a much younger Stormwalker stepped off the plane in Pensacola, Florida and reported to Naval Aviation Schools Command for Officers Candidate School. They stuck me in a BEQ room for the night (I remember watching an episode of Star Trek: TNG) then the next day started school.

Now, 20 years later I'm getting ready to retire (I'm on retirement leave until the end of the month), but it's been a fun 20 years in uniform.

So, I went and bought myself some books. I confess, I haven't been reading a lot of paper and ink book for several years (which fills me with shame, what a 'bookworm' I'm supposed to be, eh?)

I've bought several books I haven't read before and some old children's book series (Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Secret Seven and a couple of books in the Adventure series).

Do you guys think I should do a Let's Read series?

So, I went and bought myself some books. I confess, I haven't been reading a lot of paper and ink book for several years (which fills me with shame, what a 'bookworm' I'm supposed to be, eh?)

I've bought several books I haven't read before and some old children's book series (Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Secret Seven and a couple of books in the Adventure series).

Do you guys think I should do a Let's Read series?
Let's read something lol worthy xD

Usually bad right wing books like Atlas Shrugged are funny.

Let's read something lol worthy xD

Usually bad right wing books like Atlas Shrugged are funny.

If you think I'm going to waste my money feeding the estate of Ayn Rand (ot whoever gets the moolah for her...books) you got another think coming, toots.

I'm just starting to read Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. So far so good.

Holy Fuck.

Just came back watching this film.
The_Kitchen_poster.jpeg

Amazing movie. Ignore the IMDB reviews and watch it, really really good movie overall.

A reminder. This movie is NOT about women empowerment, It's about women surviving and thriving in an incredibly sexist society. And the problems associated with breaking the mold in 1970s America.

Home internet went kablooey, running entirely off of phone wireless.

Bureaucracy being a thing, no way to get the home running again until a tech shows up Monday. I could do it all myself with a new unit, but regular people are not allowed to touch those pieces until after the techs leave. Then the normies can run through all the common solutions, follow the technical troubleshooting guides, and then do it again while support is on the line, because it's all my time after the basic installation.

Back
Top Bottom