What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

So id like to explain why I am back so early.

The funeral was already planned my aunt had apparently already planned this I did little but attened her funeral. And gave a eulogy.

I am also listening to 3 pieces of advice she gave me.

And yes you can tell she had a influence on me.

"Don't you god damn mourn me I know it will be sad but I don't want to look down and see you miserable go to your therapist live your life and just please dont wallow in misery I lived that life when I lost your uncle it isn't a good thing celebrate my life and live yours."

"Dont try to pretend every thing is okay you wanna cry? Then cry you wanna watch old.videos do that. And fuck anyone who tells you to move on. There is no such thing as getting over death of a loved one. I just dont want you to wallow in it. And I will know if you are hell the people in china will know that you are."

"And I mean it live your life I know you love being bright and happy and flamboyant dont you stop being that just because I am dead and gone. I raised you better than that"

She also told me 2 oyher things vut id rather not divulge those things.

She had basicaly a wake planned she basically told us to have a party and mourn her little. I swear her will was more vulgar than me. Going on about how if anyone shows up in black to smack them and tell them to changeand also to.just celebrate it as a birthday not a funeral "as I'm not that fucking old fashioned " And other things I can't say....*whistles innocently* I didnt get that part of me from nowhere. She had a very big influence there so you can largely blame her for that lol.

So thats why im here to listen to her. I am.mourning her but well she is right while I shouldn't pretend she isnt dead I still have a life I need to live.

And so after like 3 days of crying and screaming and therapy im baco.

I wont be on as often as I still need to limit my time on here for theraputic reasons but still.

*Sigh*

A bit of background first.

As many probably know I am Greek. I can tell you living in the Balkans, home of buried but ready to pop up like zombies, grudges and Sultan Erdogan and his Neo-Ottomans fucktards right next door is not fun.

But one of the worst aspects is that the local? social media, FAcebook and what have you is absolutely inundated with prophet and click farming pseudoreligious bait these last few years.

I mean every couple of days *SAINT Xs UNKNOWN PROPHECY ABOUT TEH WAR WIT TURKEY!* *SAINT Y ABOUT THE TENSIon WITH BULGARIA! WHAT IT ALL MEANS!* *MOUNT ATHOS UNKNOWN WRITINGS ABOUT TEH WAR RAL SOON!*

Fucking like farming fear mongers using pseudo religious and other icons to whip up fear and get clicks are a menace.

Shit like this can give a guy Atheism or at the very least Agnosticism:p

*Sigh*

As many probably know I am Greek. I can tell you living in the Balkans, home of buried but ready to pop up like zombies, grudges and Sultan Erdogan and his Neo-Ottomans fucktards right next door is not fun.

But one of the worst aspects is that the local? social media, FAcebook and what have you is absolutely inundated with prophet and click farming pseudoreligious bait these last few years.

I mean every couple of days *SAINT Xs UNKNOWN PROPHECY ABOUT TEH WAR WIT TURKEY!* *SAINT Y ABOUT THE TENSIon WITH BULGARIA! WHAT IT ALL MEANS!* *MOUNT ATHOS UNKNOWN WRITINGS ABOUT TEH WAR RAL SOON!*

Fucking like farming fear mongers using pseudo religious and other icons to whip up fear and get clicks are a menace.

Its why I'm pagan. Among many other better ressons.

*Sigh*

What's the significance of Mt Athos beyond a place where priests and monks centered themselves? Do people think of it more like Jerusalem or Rome?

*Sigh*

A toast, to religious scaremongers and general political riffraffs everywhere. Fuck 'em all in the butt with a pineapple!

"President Park was impeached because of misogyny in Korean society. She is innocent!" and the related "Liberals are misogynistic because they voted for the impeachment!"

Distributed by the Korean right-wing propaganda, and seriously held as the truth by a sizable number of self-proclaimed Feminists in Korea.

OMG. Really? Park AFAIK was in bed with literal cultists, how could they have alternative facts when every city in SK is rioting after that happened?

Propaganda, man. They'll say anything to justify their positions and hurt the other side of the argument.

Uuuugh, I think you might be right. The alternative facts was in full play in our elections this year as well.

THE NATIONAL DEBT IS OUT OF CONTROL!! JOKOWI IS PANDERING TO FOREIGN WORKERS VIA INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS!!

And now, as if that's not enough. My parliament's pulling weird shit with their RUU KPK and RUU KUHP, despite the students turning Jakarta into a mass protest site once more.

God I hate my parliament so much.

Uuuugh, I think you might be right. The alternative facts was in full play in our elections this year as well.

THE NATIONAL DEBT IS OUT OF CONTROL!! JOKOWI IS PANDERING TO FOREIGN WORKERS VIA INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS!!

And now, as if that's not enough. My parliament's pulling weird shit with their RUU KPK and RUU KUHP, despite the students turning Jakarta into a mass protest site once more.

God I hate my parliament so much.

Ah this reminds me of anytime my paternal grandmother or literally anyone from my dads family visits.

The parliment is a favorite topic of theirs. Really popular topic full of yelling.

What's the significance of Mt Athos beyond a place where priests and monks centered themselves? Do people think of it more like Jerusalem or Rome?

It is a place of significant fame in the Christian Orthodox world? I mean it is over 1000 years old, sports some libraries that host millenia old manuscripts, a literal semi-autonomous monastic state, the let's go there to pray and live simply all day not the lets prepare for the next crusade kind, thats the Catholics baliwick.

It is host to a bunch of very old, very kind, very wise and some say blessed old men that will not turn away people in need and will offer advice and hospitality, a Saint, recognized by the Patriarchate will emerge every 50 years or so...

They are insular, without much need or desire for contact with the wider world, in sort the perfect target for various internet and tv scammers to co-opt to promote uh. *blessed* products or wierdass doomsday books.

It is a place of significant fame in the Christian Orthodox world? I mean it is over 1000 years old, sports some libraries that host millenia old manuscripts, a literal semi-autonomous monastic state, the let's go there to pray and live simply all day not the lets prepare for the next crusade kind, thats the Catholics baliwick.

It is host to a bunch of very old, very kind, very wise and some say blessed old men that will not turn away people in need and will offer advice and hospitality, a Saint, recognized by the Patriarchate will emerge every 50 years or so...

They are insular, without much need or desire for contact with the wider world, in sort the perfect target for various internet and tv scammers to co-opt to promote uh. *blessed* products or wierdass doomsday books.

Good lord they really are perfect propaganda.

I mean piety and all that but still.

Good lord they really are perfect propaganda.

I mean piety and all that but still.

*Shrug*

Oh there has been the occasional whiff of scandal, rumors of TEH GAYYYY, mostly, and a few very amusings anecdotes from the WW1 era, featuring a couple of Russian controlled monasteries and floating brothels, but by and large Mount Athos is just what it says on the tin. A monastic state for men.

As in no women allowed. For as long as it had existed, since according to legend the first monk to go there was guided by Holy Mary, hence the *Garden of Holy Mary* alt nick. So no women since supposedly Holy Mary was the first and last woman to walk there.

They are catching a bit of flack from time to time for that but, honestly, its a fucking mountain range in the ass end of nowhere for monks. IF women want to go none actually stops them or tosses them off a cliff but there are no women monasteries there.

Last edited:
Meh, of all Christian denominations Muslims tend to co-exist best with the Orthodox churches and the Coptic historically barring the Ottomans, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Meh, of all Christian denominations Muslims tend to co-exist best with the Orthodox churches and the Coptic historically barring the Ottomans, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

:unsure:

Why barring the Ottomans specifically?

I mean sure, life for a Christian, of any denomination, was pretty shitty under Ottoman rule, being caught in a place between serfs and third class citizens for most its existence but the Orthodox Church was actually pretty influencial during the Ottoman Era.

Influential as in, having the equivalent of jury and barrister and teacher privileges and responsibilities in Christian communities.

Anyway, Orthodox Christian populations survived for millenia in muslim lands and it was only after the accent of Arab, Turkish and other nationalisms they came under attack. So yea they did.

I mean sure, life for a Christian, of any denomination, was pretty shitty under Ottoman rule, being caught in a place between serfs and third class citizens for most its existence but the Orthodox Church was actually pretty influencial during the Ottoman Era.

Influential as in, having the equivalent of jury and barrister and teacher privileges and responsibilities in Christian communities.

Anyway, Orthodox Christian populations survived for millenia in muslim lands and it was only after the accent of Arab, Turkish and other nationalisms they came under attack. So yea they did.
greeks and turks bad juu juu

Something about Ottoman sultans seizing a lot of Christian boys, castrating them and turning them into Janissaries (which is a big no-no under the Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid caliphates IIRC). I might get stuff wrong though.

OMG. Really? Park AFAIK was in bed with literal cultists, how could they have alternative facts when every city in SK is rioting after that happened?
For the Feminists, they just believe that every women are innocent and if they committed the crime, it is because the PATRIARCHY* forced them.

*Korean Feminists tend to use far more vulgar words for man, almost n-word level, but I won't post it here.

Something about Ottoman sultans seizing a lot of Christian boys, castrating them and turning them into Janissaries (which is a big no-no under the Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid caliphates IIRC). I might get stuff wrong though.

Oh. Yes. There is that admitedly.

And the frequent slaving raids by Ottoman sponsored pirates that depopulated entire areas that had to be frequently recolonized but who counts right? 😭

Thing is the Ottoman rule, in the Balkans at least, lasted for anywhere between 600 to 400 years so alot of bad stuff accumulated.

My brother's map drawing actually made it's way into one of Drew Durnil's videos!

(at 1:59 if the timestamp doesn't work)

Today I was scolded by my boss.

Apparently the local brothel madam mentioned in passing how I don't honour their establishment despite them being customers for years.

My boss urged me to take give one for the team. :unsure:

He even offered to put it on his tab!

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

To be a good employee or not?

Not that I mind but hookers aren't really on top of my list to do...

Choices, choices...

*pats @Eliar's shoulder*
*Puts on fake moustache*

Son, there comes a time when boys becomes men. Face your trial with honour and vigour and one day you'll look back to this day with fond memories. Oh, and don't forget your protection. *Hands over a box of Magnum condoms*

Seriously though, you do what you feel is best for you.

Back
Top Bottom