What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

That's under the original story. If I do that, how do I distinguish between original stories and fanfictions?
I keep the original story universe and fanfiction separate and make subfiles within the fanfiction donating that its a cross of the said original universe and another... although you might be getting 'fanfiction' wrong...

Ok, my AMD driver vanished from my computer. I can't find it on my driver manager, it isn't detected by the AMD driver installer... I've done everything but go into my machine and pulling the GPU out at this point...

I'm currently writing on the side myself, but it's original fiction, not fanfiction. (And I don't mean "original" to mean that it's better than fanfiction). Just sort of experimenting with different ideas here and there.

ave you even been thinking of a particular book or comic that defined your childhood years BUT for years and years never been able to remember or find the original name, no matter how hard you tried?

But have it pop up in your mind the most wierd moment?

mortadelo%20filemon_1_630x630.jpg

Yea those 2 rocked.

It's technically one day late. But my country's officially 75 years old now.
5e266cc74e00d.png

Indonesia Maju Indeed.

Let's keep this experiment going, we've been living in a region rife with conflict and division, and still this country persists. Let's keep carry the Red and White flag wherever it goes.

Indonesia Merdeka.

It's literally snowing ash here in my town. Nearby town has a Air Quality index listed as Unhealthy.

I was about to do some stuff today, guess I'm not doing it anymore, with morning here looking more like dawn in mars. :cautious:

Well, I've been keeping myself occupied for the last few weeks between working at my job and keeping up with my writing project.

I had completed my second draft a few weeks ago and had been spending the time since going through ruthless edits to try and get my word count down to something that was more acceptable as part of a third draft. That has been met with quite a bit of success, as I've actually managed to get my word count down by 14,000 words, and actually getting a few chapters within their word count targets. However... I do still have a big problem in that even with those unessessary words gone, I'll still have a word count in the 210,000 words territory, which is a little bit too much for a first time writer when it comes to regular publishers.

Alot of people I know have suggested splitting the book into two volumes, but I honestly feel as if that would be a bad mistake, as it would hamper the entire story and would require significant new additions to flesh the two halves out. But I'm becoming increasingly doubtful I can actually cut the word count down further without tearing entire sections out. So I'm between a rock and a hard place on the matter. And it gets worse since I only have myself on hand to proof-read it, as the few people in my family who have looked have repeatedly insisted about publishing it early to the point I've effectively barred them from looking at it, so I don't know who to trust to beta-read it. Eek.

Meh, still not as weird as my dream. I dreamt I was eating dishes made with bills. As in money bills. Like, dollar bill pies, euro bills stew and a big juicy 100 dollar bill steak.

*Wonder how money taste IRL* 🤔

Gotta go get 5 teeth pulled on the 1st. Never been under anesthesia before. Sounds pretty terrifying tbh. Not fun sounding.

Gotta go get 5 teeth pulled on the 1st. Never been under anesthesia before. Sounds pretty terrifying tbh. Not fun sounding.

5 in one go?

Sounds rather lot.

But don't sweat it too much tbh.

You will simply feel like ur mouth is full o cotton and probably have a bit of fun stretching your cheeks.

What comes next is not much fun but even then there is not much in way of pain, just inconvenience for having to have the damn cotton dubs in your mouth and inability to eat what you want for a while -hours-

Very sorry for being away for so long. My 960 GB boot ssd kaporked on me, destroying all the stuff I had exclusive for FiC.

Then after recovering from it, got a strong plot bunny that had me posting to QQ. Then I was busy trying to survive through the pandemic, now going all-in to my original works on Patreon as an extra income source. :(

It has been a hell of a couple of months, and it's only now that I managed to find a breather.

Anyway, I'm back. Is @Rufus Shinra still around? I need some story advice.

Back
Top Bottom