What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Yo whaaaaaat?!?
Slide1-5.png

Malaysians c'mon!!! I know for a fact that KL is significantly more developed than Jakarta. If we can increase our minimum wage to 4 million without exploding, then KL city government has no excuse with that paltry wage increase.

So I just found out one of my grans has just fallen today and hurt herself quite badly, which isn't good at any age but it's particularly bad in her case since she is in her mid-eighties and has been getting more and more frail for the last few years, even though her mind has still been sharp-ish. First she was getting stair-lifts and now she has a full bed downstairs in her house. A house that is just not suitable for her to be in anymore. As it turns out, she's been on the kitchen floor for most of the day.

She's in the hospital now, but they suspect she may have damaged her hip and we don't know if anything else has popped up...

...makes me wish I never grow old. Here's too hoping there is nothing too serious and she comes out okay.

How does it feel? As a person who doesn't get his shot yet I really want to know
Well, I'm not someone to really ask due to my sensory sensitivity issues, but it's basically a shot they put into your dominant arm muscles, and really it's only going to give you a numb arm until you work it (hence why they put it in the dominant arm). No side effects as of yet and that's it.

Please note that, from what I was told, side effects with the first dose are rare but can happen.

Ok, earlier today I got my first interview with my local Wendy's. The manager is a pretty decent woman that tries to not intimidate people and after a few minutes, I got accepted for my second interview.

After three years of job searching, I might get a job!

Agh, been trying to draw a bit further whilst I'm waiting for the next crop of agents to get back to me, but I've hit a bit of an art block. I was already stupidly perfectionist about a lot of things, but everytime I try to draw something at the moment that block has gotten worse.

Everything I'm trying to draw feels wrong or crappy somehow. I'm that used to using different references and looked at how different artists can get to a certain point, but everytime I try to do something at the top of my head, it just looks shit and I can't get the image I have in mind down on paper. Even when I do bite the bullet and use a reference, it still looks crap and I have to take about 6-10 attempts to refine it down to something acceptable. Even more so if I'm trying to do a fresh angle.

It's annoying as hell, and is actually putting me off drawing somewhat. At this point I just want an easier time with art. I know I can do a decent job, but the time it takes to do any one piece is a pain in the side and is always difficult.

In other news, bike is still running again, and for once it was the car with battery issues. Luckily recharged it with no issues.

Ok, my good day yesterday ended on a sour note: my Uncle Bob is not going to live beyond the weekend. :( Been in the ICU on life support for the last two weeks and we're not being told much about it. :\

I'm sorry to here about that @Aaron Fox. I'm kinda in a similar position at the moment although nothing is confirmed yet.

My gran has still been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks, and whilst things seemed to have started off okay with her being awake and happy, it's all taken a turn for the worse. She ended up getting an infection and somehow managed to get a hospital bug (not COVID thankfully because that would be a death sentenance with her age and how frail she is but still not good), so now she is swimming in antibiotics and hydrolites. Either way, she is very poorly at the moment and the doctors have even started asking the family about DNRs... fingers crossed she will be fine.

My father has been hospitalized too, two days after getting COVID vaccine.

Not with COVID though, with hemolysis. The doctor which ordered the blood tests explicitly said that he shouldn't get the vaccine if blood tests turn bad, but the doctor administering the vaccine didn't want to wait. Blood tests ended with horrible results and the doctor immediately sent an ambulance for my father.

Good news with my uncle, he's off life support and doing better.

On mixed news, my interview today didn't go to plan, for the general manager of the fast-food place was on vacation this week. Thankfully we rescheduled for next week.

Good news with my uncle, he's off life support and doing better.

On mixed news, my interview today didn't go to plan, for the general manager of the fast-food place was on vacation this week. Thankfully we rescheduled for next week.
Good on the first but the second is a bit worrying. If they cant schedule interviews right what else do they mess up?

Good on the first but the second is a bit worrying. If they cant schedule interviews right what else do they mess up?
It's largely because of upper management, I'm afraid. From what I've been told, the district manager has a tendency to pull surprise interviews with his restaurants. Annoying as hell.

Due to my power problems I have been spending a distressing amount of time sleeping.

At first the dreams helped to spur ideas and why my recent 4 panel comics have been so successful.

But now I'm just bored out of my skull.

I feel drained of creativity.

I don't even feel like reading all those ebooks I downloaded.

My index finger is already in pain from trying to write on tablet.

I feel so discouraged and depressed and even nigh suicidal
IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF MY ENTIRE BEING WASN'T FILLED BY BLINDING RAGE.

Can't sleep. Too much RAGE.
Where are the demons.
Must rip and tear the demons.
Rip and tear their guts.

Until you find and resolve the source of the rage nothing else you do will matter. Though getting a big wooden target and a axe or gun might relieve the stress for a time.

Ugh local heat wave is hitting hard, local and national media is full of nuts doing crazy things like this one monk that was to be defrocked and he burst in to the church council and threw acid to everyone there.

7 Bishops, 2 secretaries and a couple of cops were injured, a few of the elderly Bishops burned pretty bad.

Oh and the old lady next door is hosting her daughter and demented grandkid and now I have the unique privilege of having him screaming obsenities all night long right next to my house.

Fuck this heat.

Take heart that former monk will face God and man have to answer for his stupidity. And crank up heavy metal and drown out the little crotch goblin. I would suggest Sabaton to start.

Take heart that former monk will face God and man have to answer for his stupidity. And crank up heavy metal and drown out the little crotch goblin. I would suggest Sabaton to start.

Oh he was already going to prison over drug dealing, the reason he was to be defrocked really, but fuck sake none thought to frisk the fuck before allowing him on the premises? As things stand he almost beheaded a good part of the Greek church hierarchy.

As for the Crotch goblin he is like 30, an asylum inmate that they give to his mother every summer, and screams his lungs out every night his meds wear out, usually swearing at his 50 something mother and 90 something grandmother.

Frankly I wonder if I will wake up one morning and find tragedy.

As for Sabbaton I have been through the phase. Nowadays I kind of enjoy beaty violin music like

Woohoo new violin music to explore. Why would they let a insane man out and among elderly woman he might hurt? And yeah some people are going to get in trouble and frankly the ex monk just made it worse for himself. Hope he enjoys solitary confinement because in generally he is shiv and rape bait.

Woohoo new violin music to explore. Why would they let a insane man out and among elderly woman he might hurt? And yeah some people are going to get in trouble and frankly the ex monk just made it worse for himself. Hope he enjoys solitary confinement because in generally he is shiv and rape bait.
/Shrug

Psychiatric care is broken like so many things around here.

The reasoning is probably cause they are his family and he hasn't killed them yet so its probably fine.

More cruel than anything. I have lived with crazies it just sucks all joy and peace out of your life walking on eggshells waiting to see what sets them off this time.

Nothing much to report here about our lockdown (still ongoing for fuck's sake), just some people getting to their end of the rope. Several cases of suicide, suicide attempts and psychotic breaks reported for the past couple of weeks.

Also students being cranky about having no stationaries and other supplies.

Back
Top Bottom