What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Haha I dunno. I know my paternal grandmother pissed off my mother and my aunt and treated them with little respect apparently. It was enough that one of my cousins refused to show up for Chinese New Year for years and only showed up for the funeral.

The eldest uncle and his family also showed up at CNY only after everyone left.
If you are asking me about interfamily dynamics, I can't say anything because I don't understand my own. I can see patterns and few things surprise me anymore. But understanding them is in my opinion impossible. Like with any situation where the logical facilities take a hike and emotions take over.

Love, hate, and politics, trying to understand them is futile as only madness lives there.

If you are asking me about interfamily dynamics, I can't say anything because I don't understand my own. I can see patterns and few things surprise me anymore. But understanding them is in my opinion impossible. Like with any situation where the logical facilities take a hike and emotions take over.

Love, hate, and politics, trying to understand them is futile as only madness lives there.
Money at the end of the day tends to be the prime destroyer of relationships, sadly.

When it came to loaning I usually based of on their character if I'd loan them or not. And then I usually never expected them to pay me back in fully or barely at all. And told them prior to reaching that point (if it was heading that way) to "nevermind". In that way i preserved the friendship and usually had them repay in other way later back. Whatever to help me move or help me do my house or fix my car or whatever..

When it came to loaning I usually based of on their character if I'd loan them or not. And then I usually never expected them to pay me back in fully or barely at all. And told them prior to reaching that point (if it was heading that way) to "nevermind". In that way i preserved the friendship and usually had them repay in other way later back. Whatever to help me move or help me do my house or fix my car or whatever..
That is a sensible way to do it.
I do it mostly the same way, but being an asshole I like to remind people that they own me money just to be petty.

Well, so far, the new instructor job has actually been kinda enjoyable. Granted, it might just be the new job feeling, but it has been going better than I expected given my original feelings on instructing or teaching people outside of a lecture theatre. The only downside is a frustrating commute. Although having an unusual set of hours for shifts has pretty much upended my whole original schedule to the point that I had to drop the support job, but it's also a refreshing change of pace. I hit another snag with trying to draw human anime characters again, so I might just switch back to an animalistic approach once more if I cannot get back to drawing a humanoid head again soon. In addition, I'm making more progress with my other writing, including for the fan-fic and the short story.

I've also been going on an acting course for the last couple of weeks as well to learn a bit more about it with some potential opportunities at the end of it. It's also been pretty enjoyable itself, but now I've hit a point that I'm... a little embarrassed about. We've been asked to get a one to three and a half minute monologue put together for showreels and the like. I mentioned that I had actually ended did a few in the past. These were basically me reading lines from an RP on SB and an aborted fan-fic as an extra treat for those reading and playing through it, whilst also getting some voiceover practice in. Now the course tutor is interested in hearing these lines. One of them is admittedly too long to use, but the other one is just within the right length. However, that same voiceover is also me mainly sprouting shakespherean gibberish that the character I'm voice acting is known for... which is to be honest, embarrassing. My plan is to just get together a shorter recording featuring either the main character of the novel or just from a film, whilst deciding whetever or not I want to use that recording or not.

If anyone is interested, I have the two recordings below. RP first followed by the fan-fic:

I never thought I would say this, but for the first time in my life, I'm actually beginning to overwork myself, and I don't even have the excuse of shitty work hours now I have a new job with shorter shifts. My current shifts include working on three weekdays for around three and a half hours from 4pm to 7:30pm, whilst weekends last from 8:30 to 1:00pm. This wouldn't be that bad considering my current position and the pay (although not ideal for living on my own without adding in an extra shift), however, despite the short distance between home and work, I still have to fight my way through school rush or mid-day traffic at least once, so the actually journey times are actually 20-30 minutes for a journey of only 10 miles at least, and to play it safe, I give myself at least another 15 minutes. It also mean's that on weekdays, I'm not typically back in until 8:10pm.

The result is I now have to eat early dinners at 2pm at the latest rather than the typical 5-6:30 slot, which changes a few dynamics. This doesn't seem that bad, but I am also still actively training in the new job. That included rescue training that lasted eight hours on each of two days, and I'm due to take part in another set of training practicals this weekend. Not only that, but I have to go back over some assignments for small amendments, which will still take time with how many documents there are.

Again, fairly managable, except I am also going out on Tuesdays for an Acting Course, albeit one that I am enjoying very much, but it does mean another three hours and half an hour drive each way again. The result of all this scheduling, and the way the training and work/shadowing sessions are going, starting from the 22nd of Jan (a few days ago), I'll be out doing some kind of work, training or praticals for 13 straight days. With only one day off before I'm back in to work, and the sooner I can get the training done, the sooner I can take up actual classes to teach that will free others to focus on their studies.

Eek.

And on top of that, there is also the creative work I'm going at in my spare time, which includes the following:
  • ThreeSeperate Writing Projects
    • One very large novel, Nyulfur, that I'm trying to work out how to get edited/published.
    • One shorter novella, The Ship of Aurora, currently a WIP for the first draft.
    • One fan-fic to get a small fanbase built up and to get some experience, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance.
  • Art practice so I can eventully take commissions. The problem with this is once I actually get into a rhythm, I find it very hard to actually stop working on said art now (my new avatar being a case in point).
  • Running a large RP on SB, whilst also trying to keep up with character and world posts and updating records.
The latter two I often spend three or more hours looking at in the morning before I have to get something to eat, then when I get back, I'm often doing another couple of hours at least looking at anyone of the three until I head off to bed (often whilst simultaniously watching something, since myself and the family have been collectively been binging films and series since the start of the pandemic). Only then do I listen to some music or otherwise relax before calling in.

It's now becoming pretty apparent that I'm literally doing too much. Hopefully once the training calms down, I can ease back a bit, but still... after years of often being called lazy, I'm now actually overworking myself. And again, this is after dropping a 9-5 job in order to change careers and to focus on said creative endevours.

Don't get me wrong, some of this stuff is really fun. But it's still work... and beyond cutting back on some involvement in the RP (I've already said that I might be culling some of my own involvement/temporarily poofing myself in some cases), I actually have no idea how to do this...

Double eek.

Had a doctors appointment. Got conformation on what I was already expecting. I have lung cancer. As a heavy smoker and the amount of rust paint chips and god knows what else got in my lungs when I used to work for energy service maintenance company in my teens and early 20´s. I expected as much. Just was hoping it would happen after my 40´s. On a side note. The Dutch IRS has as always an uncanny ability to always send you their surprise bills on the worst days of you´re life.

Had a doctors appointment. Got conformation on what I was already expecting. I have lung cancer. As a heavy smoker and the amount of rust paint chips and god knows what else got in my lungs when I used to work for energy service maintenance company in my teens and early 20´s. I expected as much. Just was hoping it would happen after my 40´s. On a side note. The Dutch IRS has as always an uncanny ability to always send you their surprise bills on the worst days of you´re life.
Good luck. Hopefully they caught it early enough it is not a long brutal battle.

Good luck. Hopefully they caught it early enough it is not a long brutal battle.

Well, I have a appointment for that tomorrow. The answer I'll only know next week. Depending on the how far it progressed. I'm not going to fight. It´s not worth it. I know that experience with my father.

And thank you.

Fell with my cycle 4 months ago and had my knee front dot ow the english name slashed.

Lost 15 kilos and today had it reattached

Well, here's hoping you wont need pain relieve medication for live. Which I've heard was common with knee injuries.

On a lighter note.

I built a house(took 12 years) and a suburb sprung around it.
I have zero interaction with those people. They live 10m from me but I only see a car the automatic gate opening and the automatic garage doors.

Just a few minutes ago that changed as a neighbor came up to my doors with a petition.
"No to community housing plans in our area"

My uncle two plots of land over, sold his land to the local government. The government wants to build social housing. Social housing is for those that do not have a home or they have one but it is overcrowded. Single moms, ex cons, refugees etc... you get the picture.

So the lady goes on about how she doesn't want the value of her home dropping. She doesn't want refugees. Basically "not in my backyard" sort of deal.
My mother politely said no, I ignored her, my step-father signed.

I just witnessed a Karen in the wild.

The hell is she going to do about it? Governments may be slow to act, but are impossible to stop once they decide on something.

Though I must agree that I won't be very happy if there were convicted criminals living near my house, I have a suspicion that that's not her main problem.......

On a lighter note.

I built a house(took 12 years) and a suburb sprung around it.
I have zero interaction with those people. They live 10m from me but I only see a car the automatic gate opening and the automatic garage doors.

Just a few minutes ago that changed as a neighbor came up to my doors with a petition.
"No to community housing plans in our area"

My uncle two plots of land over, sold his land to the local government. The government wants to build social housing. Social housing is for those that do not have a home or they have one but it is overcrowded. Single moms, ex cons, refugees etc... you get the picture.

So the lady goes on about how she doesn't want the value of her home dropping. She doesn't want refugees. Basically "not in my backyard" sort of deal.
My mother politely said no, I ignored her, my step-father signed.

I just witnessed a Karen in the wild.

Such rare specimen, they are native to the USA usually. She would surely make a nice addition hanged above fireplace.
You have a fireplace, right?

The hell is she going to do about it? Governments may be slow to act, but are impossible to stop once they decide on something.

Though I must agree that I won't be very happy if there were convicted criminals living near my house, I have a suspicion that that's not her main problem.......
In functional countries, most local government actions tend to have allowance for public feedback that lead to possible modifications of the plans or administrative courts being involved if the local inhabitants can argue of strong interests and the like. The power is not absolute nor imposed arbitrarly.

What manner of social housing?

Houses to be given to worker families with zero overhead and like 30 years to pay them off or free for crackheads to die indoors instead of outdoors?

What manner of social housing?

Houses to be given to worker families with zero overhead and like 30 years to pay them off or free for crackheads to die indoors instead of outdoors?
The first one. My current girlfriend lives in social housing. She lives on medical benefits.
Such rare specimen, they are native to the USA usually. She would surely make a nice addition hanged above fireplace.
You have a fireplace, right?
I do, and I am not going to kill her.
meh, I am a convicted criminal. I have friends with criminal records and friends currently in jail. A person is a person.
Her main problem is the loss of value of her house. Or at least I think it is.

She actually said; "there would be single mothers there, and you know what sort of people those are." She said it in front of my mother, who herself was a single mother. It was somewhat entertaining seeing my mother trying not to laugh in the woman's face.

To dangerous. Karenism can spread like rabies. Best to keep them away with strong logic and lawful authorities.

Nah, better to be nice to them and help them with renovating their kitchen or bathroom with floortiles.
Works also on mother-in-laws. ;)

[...]
She actually said; "there would be single mothers there, and you know what sort of people those are." She said it in front of my mother, who herself was a single mother. It was somewhat entertaining seeing my mother trying not to laugh in the woman's face.

Bigotry everywhere, worst is the fact that such people are too self enclosed in their bubbles to understand reality we all are living in.
Sadly they consider themselves to be a different caste that global problems do not concern.

To bring things back further to a lighter note (and to say something different from writing stuff and editing, which I tend to spam out):

I did a flag design for a United Earth a while ago, which I actually kinda liked.

Then I decided to be an idiot actually pay cash to actually get the flag made:

IMG_4180.jpg

It actually looks really damn good once inflated to it's full size... and it is alot bigger than I expected.

Family members discovered said flag last night. They weren't impressed with the sheer size. 😅

Back
Top Bottom