What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live action version of Star Wars Legends works isoted to Lucasfilm HQ in 2012

Alias

So a bored ASB decides to ISOT all Star Wars Legends canon video games, comic books and cartoons in live action form to the headquarters in the form of mutiple dvd's, film etc. to the Lucasfilm headquarters on December 21, 2012, the day Disney acquired Lucasfilm. So what does Disney do now that it has the entire Legends canon in live action and how does this affect the future of Star Wars? Also, it includes a live-action version of all The Clone Wars cartoon episodes including the upcoming season and the movie and the various books, games and comics for it. As well stuff like Star Wars Infinities(the various non canon stuff) is included in this.

The point is to speculate and debate. Like for instance, Disney now suddenly has a lot of what could be Star Wars shows which has to decide what to do with. I figure one of the thing's they would do is divide the various really long stuff by episode and of course season and eventually sell it as dvd's and of course there's tv syndication to consider.

Last edited:
Another thing would be that they would probably see that their new trilogy would need a sort of 'primer' movie/series (maybe a movie that goes into a series like the Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie set the stage for the series) to get the context. Remember, Disney/Lucas Arts were being pummeled by fans to get a movie out as soon as possible, and that is going to be quite visible in the current trilogy.

So it might end up being that we'll get an animated movie ala Star War: The Clone Wars to set up the series similar to Resistance, as a way to set the stage for a reworked The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

If Disney somehow obtained a ready-made live action series of popular franchise they can readily publish without spending a penny on production?

Would they publish it?

Because moment they do, someone will ask from where those come from - you known, unknown actors, no records of it even being made etc.

I have never liked Disney. Even as far back as 1999 at the age of 6 fucking years old I've hated fucking Disney. Fuck Disney.

If Disney somehow obtained a ready-made live action series of popular franchise they can readily publish without spending a penny on production?

Would they publish it?

Because moment they do, someone will ask from where those come from - you known, unknown actors, no records of it even being made etc.
Well Disney not going to let it sit in some storage facility. So either they admit that an unknown higher power gifted it to them or lie and say they made some major leaps in cgi and creating artifical voices while investing quite a bit in cgi. Though personally, I think they would admit to it coming from a higher power. Though obviously making sure extra security at LucarArts headquarters and maybe some other locations, just in case.

As for what gets released first I can think it of this as a tv series http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars_multimedia_project or well either Starkiller founding the Rebellion and moving on from there or maybe something set after Episode 4. What ever they pick would be on ABC and probably premiere in the fall of 2013 after a big media campaign. And if this Disney wanted to release a movie in 2013, they would probably pick this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Lord:_The_Rise_of_Darth_Vader The beginning is set in the last few hours of the Clone Wars and would show Vader going from the broken person he was at the end of Episode 3 too much more like how he was in Episode 4. Probably released sometime between October and December.

Well Disney not going to let it sit in some storage facility. So either they admit that an unknown higher power gifted it to them or lie and say they made some major leaps in cgi and creating artifical voices while investing quite a bit in cgi. Though personally, I think they would admit to it coming from a higher power.
Wouldn't it be seen as a tax evasion scheme? If movies are well made, someone obviously paid for those while not paying any tax whatsoever.

As long as they won't run into some legal issues by doing so, they would be foolish to not publish it. Assuming Episode 1 wasn't even done yet, it would be much easier to declare the much longer, free series canon and sell in everywhere they can.

Wouldn't it be seen as a tax evasion scheme? If movies are well made, someone obviously paid for those while not paying any tax whatsoever.

As long as they won't run into some legal issues by doing so, they would be foolish to not publish it. Assuming Episode 1 wasn't even done yet, it would be much easier to declare the much longer, free series canon and sell in everywhere they can.
For the lie option yeah. So that's why I don't think Disney would do that. Episode 1 existed for like 13 years by the time the ISOT happened.

I think just making an alternate universe where the Thrawn trilogy was adapted makes more sense IMO.

I think just making an alternate universe where the Thrawn trilogy was adapted makes more sense IMO.
Not with how old the actors are. The Thrawn Trilogy was designed shortly after Episode 6, before Luke created his Jedi Order (one thing that current canon got right was that Luke was looking all over the place for Jedi knowledge and artifacts) he was going about finding himself and how to Jedi properly, Leia is trying to survive in the political circles (which we didn't get to see in the live action movies but seen in one of the books) with enemies all around her and few friends, and Han trying to go legit to start things off...

Not with how old the actors are. The Thrawn Trilogy was designed shortly after Episode 6, before Luke created his Jedi Order (one thing that current canon got right was that Luke was looking all over the place for Jedi knowledge and artifacts) he was going about finding himself and how to Jedi properly, Leia is trying to survive in the political circles (which we didn't get to see in the live action movies but seen in one of the books) with enemies all around her and few friends, and Han trying to go legit to start things off...

Well, maybe if Disney went back to animating.

Well, maybe if Disney went back to animating.
... that would go over well. Period, end of story. Remember when Star Wars: The Clone Wars first came out? You might not have the memory but the shitstorm that happened with that movie was nasty. Disney would have to leave the animated series to spinoff series like Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance. They would probably work in Thrawn into the greater narrative to throw a bone to the assholes.

If I were Disney in this situation, I would watch, rewatch, rewatch, and then rewatch a fifth time all the while taking a lot of notes. Then brainstorm over these notes and work them out into the new canon. For example, they might see that the movies would need context, so instead of simply having the movies post-haste, they'll create a new show that takes place before OTL Episode 7, while leaving a trail of bread crumbs for the plot of the movie. Basically fusing Rebels and The Clone Wars together thematically.

Back
Top Bottom