What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loki

Alias

Figured it would be set in an alternate timeline.

Wait if Loki grabbing the Tesseract to escape fucked up things that much, shouldn't they also be going after Steve Rogers?

Then again Steve would make sure to live a quiet life where as Loki wouldn't.

Well either the writers don't care or another time faction is keeping Steve safe from suffering retribution.

The first episode was pretty good, stronger than those of WV and F&WS, and I liked the setup and the visuals.

But for some reason everyone at SB is going hysterical at the TVA enforcing a single timeline where everyone's fates are pre-determined, with the Avengers going back through time also pre-destined, and how this 'ruins' the MCU even when clearly the TVA are shown as sinister time zealots and the fact we already knew there's one timeline with Dr. Strange telling they can only follow a single path to defeat Thanos out of 14 million possibilities.

Marvel sure loves their credits.

But for some reason everyone at SB is going hysterical at the TVA enforcing a single timeline where everyone's fates are pre-determined, with the Avengers going back through time also pre-destined, and how this 'ruins' the MCU even when clearly the TVA are shown as sinister time zealots and the fact we already knew there's one timeline with Dr. Strange telling they can only follow a single path to defeat Thanos out of 14 million possibilities.
Some people can't tell the difference between Time Cops and 'Murican Time Cops that do some good stuff among their Thin Blue Line and "Stop resisting! Why are you resisting!?" bullshit.

Also, the realization that the TVA is super powerful is just bait for Loki to conquer it. Since we know that Kang is coming to the MCU, it is probably due to time shenanigans from the god of mischief. I doubt that if the TVA still exists by the end of the series they will have the same kind of unchecked power.

I still wonder what Loki wants to do....

with all those reset time-thingies.
That screams "Temporal Bomb" to me

• You need a thief to catch a thief, and so you need a Loki to catch a Loki who is lowkey hiding, but not really,
  • Bonnie Tyler is getting a lot of play for that song this week. Royalties, bay-bee!
  • TVA don't know magic. Paging Professor Loki!
  • Yeah, we aren't even going to pretend any more that the TVA are not casually murdering billions of people with Reset Charges so they can "prune branches" off the sacred timeline.
  • Loki is now on his "last chance" before getting erased from time for good. Previous chance? A bit of time to watch training videos and maybe five minutes to pull a solution to the mystery stumping the entire TVA out of his ass. What nice guys.
  • Disney needs to get their money's worth out of those Josta props.
  • Give muh boy his knives! He needs to flippy-doodly pose with his knives!
  • Security cameras, the TVA's one weakness. Among many "one weakness" issues it appears. Damn, they dumb.
  • They couldn't find a better actor to play Hunter B-15? They put their top cop out front constantly, and she looks like a theater kid doing some bad Macbeth readings.
  • Actually, they have quite a few lame actors. Randy... eww (or the enchanted in general, who can't be bothered to even try to do a Loki impersonation). Good thing that they have a few really great ones so it is harder to notice.
  • Lady Loki speaks a sentence. It is perfect.
  • Be free, Loki Laufeyson! Freeeee!
And to conclude my mad recap, the series theme song:

So...
My suspicion regarding those time reset thingies were more or less correct.
The "other" Loki blew something up with it, but not what i assumed.
Very interesting. Lets see how the TVA will try to repair the damage if this is even possible.

A Spanish dub credits screen named 'The Variant' as Sylvie, who in the comics is a young girl who was enchanted by Loki to have sorcerous powers and pretends to be the Enchantress while doing a really bad Asgardian accent.

• "Oh, my powers don't work here? I suppose I will just have to use my kung-fu then!"
  • My boi has his knives. Now do some flippy-flippy!
  • He did the thing! The flippy thing!
  • Lamentis-1 guard uniforms provided in association with Cobra Commander. Don't just retreat, REETREEEEEEEAT!
  • "Another!" *breaks glass*
  • Just fuck already, Lokis! Lokii?
  • Boom. No way out. At least not until the next episode.

I like there's a multitude of possibilities what's going on, like this all being a long con by Loki given how conveniently he fell on the TemPad forcing cooperation, or him having TK strong enough to hold back a falling building which could mean he has an Infinity Stone or two in his backpocket.

The motivations for Ravonna ae still nebulous. I get the feeling that this is a reversal of the comics. Instead of Kang travelling throughout time to get back his Ravonna, it is she who is trying to create the ideal (AKA "sacred") timeline to be reunited with Kang. This could be a bigger setup for Quantumania than originally believed.

Also, behold! The Council of Lokii!

Ok, question:

Who of you was surprised of the fact what the so-called Timekeepers were ?
Also, who is really pulling the strings ??

As for the recruiting method of the TVA, i can only say, what a D*ckmove....
And also their methods of "neutralising" Witnesses don´t makes them any more sympathetic.

• I don't believe you, Ravonna. Nobody believes you. You are literally Unbelievable.
  • Gator Loki is adorable
  • Pizza is Salvation: Fact
  • Loki Fight!
  • Wait, is someone actually trusting Miss Minutes, an obvious bad guy? Don't do that!
  • Behold! Vicious Alioth! Devourer of all! When it is convenient. Not during Lokii bonding time. That would be rude.
  • Still waiting for the Loki self-love between the two Lokii. Just. Fuck.
  • How Loki Got His Enchant On

GLORIOUS PURPOSE!

Richard E. Grant acted the shit out of this episode even when wearing that costume, showing that old school actor class.

Turns it out was Kang All Along, or Immortus, and now the Sacred Timeline has been turned into the 40k Warp.

This show's so good the fact this ended on a massive cliffhanger that will require a year of waiting actually made me annoyed.

Ok, question time....

WHERE the holy f*ck, did Loki end up ???
She-Loki pushed He-Loki through the portal BEFORE the Timestream frazzled up (and before She-Loki killed Kang).
So WTF is going on ??

I just realised something...
I could hit myself for not realising it earlier.

Edit:

The Word "TVA" has actual two meanings. The first one we all know. A Agency tasked for keeping the Timeline.
But the second meaning... A Agency for Tempral Variants, meaning, a Place for those who got ripped out of their Timeline.

Last edited:
My favorite fan conspiracy theory is that when you flip the TVA logo upside down it spells VAL with the font they are using. Everything is connected!
  • In infinite space/ there is a place/ Is it a lighthouse/ or just Castle Grayskull? - A poem, by Lerticus
  • Told y'all that the talking clock lady was a baddie!
  • Kang is super chill about his mass genocide. For the greater good, but mass genocide.
  • Epic smoochie! About time!
  • Shot to the heart/and you're to blame/you give love a bad name (a bad name)
  • Sad Loki is sadder than sad. For almost a minute.
  • Welcome to the TVA. Well, a TVA.
  • Finally, a confirmed sequel season.

• Kang is super chill about his mass genocide. For the greater good, but mass genocide.

True, this Kang seems super chill and nice guy (for a bad guy)

• Shot to the heart/and you're to blame/you give love a bad name (a bad name)

And what now ? The Time stream still frazzled up....

• Welcome to the TVA. Well, a TVA.

I wonder what the purpose of that TVA is. Also the Clock, WTF ???

• Told y'all that the talking clock lady was a baddie!

I knew that voice....
Tara Strong was voicing her.

• Finally, a confirmed sequel season.

Whelp, we still have to wait for another year.

And what now ? The Time stream still frazzled up....
Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness now. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania now.
I wonder what the purpose of that TVA is.
To preserve the Sacred Timeline for one of the Kangs.
Whelp, we still have to wait for another year.
Sort of. Doctor Strange will be out next March. Probably little to no Loki, but the threads will continue on. This might be the most significant Disney+ series though, since most tend to be stories behind the movies that probably will not change the MCU, but this one just broke the universe.

Back
Top Bottom